The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"yesss"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

shaw86 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-12-04, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaw86 Click to send private message to shaw86 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"yesss"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 11:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 11:08 PM (EST)

spoiler-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i cant believe hefferon won! this is great i thought for sure it was gonna be bodden but dang! wonder what the secret format for next season will be

dat had a totally new set exept for 1 joke
but ralphie used the same thing as last year

season 1 is gonna whip season 2

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: yesss SurvivorBlows 08-12-04 1
   RE: yesss motormouth 08-13-04 3
   RE: yesss EnglProf 08-13-04 16
       RE: yesss triednottowatch 08-13-04 22
 RE: yesss la_bruin 08-13-04 2
   RE: yesss Mistral 08-13-04 11
   RE: yesss Captain_Savem 08-13-04 12
       RE: yesss EnglProf 08-13-04 18
 RE: yesss motormouth 08-13-04 4
   If I hear that Oscirus 08-13-04 6
   RE: yesss triednottowatch 08-13-04 8
   RE: yesss BOYmeetsREALITY 08-13-04 9
   RE: yesss Captain_Savem 08-13-04 13
 RE: yesss Jonner_311 08-13-04 5
 RE: yesss Oscirus 08-13-04 7
   ????? Pensha26 08-13-04 10
   paul who? newsomewayne 08-13-04 14
       RE: paul who? Oscirus 08-13-04 15
   RE: yesss truthrules50 08-13-04 19
   RE: yesss EnglProf 08-13-04 20
 RE: yesss oncebitten 08-13-04 17
 NICE! DoodleBug 08-13-04 21
 RE: yesss vixie 08-20-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-04, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: yesss"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 11:32 PM (EST)

Anyone else notice that from his face it appeared clear that Ralphie had probably lost a hundred pounds or so since his surgery last fall... but for some reason it looked like they stuck him in a fat suit or something for his LCS2 appearance?

Is his big weight loss supposed to be a spoiler for the premiere of LCS 3 or something... or is Ralphie's weight just coming off in a really wierd pattern.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-13-04, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: yesss"
I don't think it was a fat suit, I think when you have that much weight to lose, it takes a long time to show. Even 100lbs on a 500lb person is not that noticeable. His face did look smaller compared to last year but I thought he was smaller everywhere. (After seeing the clips of last year)

*Courtesy of IceCat*

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-13-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: yesss"
Hey, Ice-y, I turned to my husband and said the exact same thing. I thought maybe they'd stuck pillows in his clothes or something. It seemed like a VERY odd configuration of fatness, even more than it was on LCS.

Maybe they _do_ want the big reveal to happen on LCS3 OR... since he used the same tired material he used last year, maybe he had to have his fat persona so the jokes would make sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Give me a break. I don't want to have to watch Ralphie May again. I can't stand his personality-- and the old jokes! Do some work, man.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-13-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: yesss"
Nah, I saw him on Tough Crowd with Colin Quin I think Tuesday night. That's what he looks like. He's still pretty fat, but his face is much slimmer.

Funny, as his "real" face starts to be reavealed, his features look more feminine now IMO.

la_bruin 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-13-04, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail la_bruin Click to send private message to la_bruin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: yesss"
Hallelujah! Thank GOD, John won! I bought 3 of John's audio CD's just to share the Christmas Paper Wrapping paper bit with friends. (http://www.johnheffron.com/2004/shop.php)

I'll say this: This year's ending was so much more satisfying than last year's. I was so bitter that Ralphie lost... so appalled... I wasn't sure America could vote for anything but slapstick, simple, moronic, braindead-to-understand humor like Dat Phan's racially derived jokes or Gary Gulman's feminine observations.

Props to Alonzo Bodden whose CD is killer. (http://www.alonzobodden.com/cd.html) His joke-writing skills are probably better than Heffron's and his timing is also better on stage - but I think John really lives his humor, and it probably comes to him easier.

I think John's more of a natural stand up than Alonzo is.
I also think Alonzo should think about doing some TV writing because he's top notch in that dept.

Unfortunately, with Rich Vos, Ralphie May, Dave Mordal, and Tess... I think Season 2 is gonna have some challenges going up against Season 1 even with Alonzo and John.

Dave Mordal against John Heffron and Rich Vos against Alonzo Bodden. Oh my beating heart!

LCS3 is gonna be tight!

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: yesss"
>I'll say this: This year's
>ending was so much more
>satisfying than last year's.
>I was so bitter that
>Ralphie lost... so appalled... I
>wasn't sure America could vote
>for anything but slapstick, simple,
>moronic, braindead-to-understand humor like Dat
>Phan's racially derived jokes or
>Gary Gulman's feminine observations.

I have to agree with this. Although I didn't find Ralphie's bit this year as funny as I did last year (maybe it was me....maybe it was him, who knows?) I still liked him WAAAAY better than that pathetic Dat Phan, who basically does the same thing over and over and over. For some reason it doesn't bug me so much if other comics do routines I've heard before...maybe it's just that I thought Dat was so undeserving when compared with Ralphie.

>I think John's more of a
>natural stand up than Alonzo
>is.
>I also think Alonzo should think
>about doing some TV writing
>because he's top notch in
>that dept.

I was pulling for Alonzo...I just find him the funniest of the three finalists. But I was happy with a John win, and I would have been happy with a Gary win....at least these three were people I found funny and I didn't get that "rigged" feeling like I did last year.

>Unfortunately, with Rich Vos, Ralphie May,
>Dave Mordal, and Tess... I
>think Season 2 is gonna
>have some challenges going up
>against Season 1 even with
>Alonzo and John.
>
>Dave Mordal against John Heffron and
>Rich Vos against Alonzo Bodden.
> Oh my beating heart!
>
>
>LCS3 is gonna be tight!

Hmmm....here's where I disagree. I think overall, the strongest comedians come out of group 2 rather than group 1. Group 1 has some great exceptions (Dave and Ralphie, namely) but they also have some real weak ones (that chick with the blowfish hairdo and the cowboy guy stand out). But then again we have Bonnie and Ant....hmmm....maybe I need to rethink this. It should be interesting.

Oh, BTW, welcome, la_bruin....I'm one myself! (or at least was years ago).

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-13-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: yesss"

I'll say it again...Ralphie May is not funny! And it proved it last night. I didn't so much as crack a smile during his set...

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved U.C.B. Local #69

08-13-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: yesss"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-04 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-13-04 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

Oh, yes, Cappy. You are so right. Ralphie wasn't funny at the finale last year, and he wasn't funny this year. (No big surprise, though, since all his jokes are recycled)

As for you Dat Phan haters who like to claim in vague fashions that the show was rigged.... um, no it wasn't. Dat won fair and square because people like me voted for him, and because people underestimated him time and time again. Guess he showed them.

I'm thrilled for John, but didn't vote because I couldn't choose between him and Gary. Both have clever, laugh-out-loud humor.

I think LCS 3 is going to suck because half of the comics are bad, and everybody (contestants and viewing public) have vendettas against the good comics. There isn't a chance that Dat will win again because there's so much silly hating going on. People will want to see less-funny comics who didn't win this time win next time just for the sake of it (namely Alonzo, who careened downhill in the last few weeks).

PLUS you have the added insult of having to watch Tess, Ralphie May, Dave Mordal, Rich Voss, Todd Glass and Bonnie bully everybody else. Oh joy. No thanks.

Why doesn't John Heffron get his year on top? He's suddenly got to turn right around and defend his turf? I don't think so.

Edited for a typo: damn computer.
Edited because I said the wrong thing~having real trouble today!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-13-04, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: yesss"
I thought Dat used different words to tell the same jokes. Everything he said was based on his race. I would love to hear him do something without referencing it. Just once.

John, IMO was the best guy there. I am so happy he won. *doing happy dance*

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-13-04, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "If I hear that"
mortal kombat peeing joke one more time I'm gonna kill him myself

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: yesss"
> I thought Dat used different
>words to tell the same
>jokes. Everything he said was
>based on his race. I
>would love to hear him
>do something without referencing it.
>Just once.

Same here. I was disappointed that both of them basically told the same jokes. C'mon guys, it's been a year, haven't you written any new material? Maybe they are just saving it for LC1 vs. LC2.

I really liked Gary, (maybe I just like cookies) but John was a close second, so I was very happy with the outcome. I can see John deserving a production deal. I'm looking forward to seeing a full set on Comedy Central and hope he'll end up in a TV show of his own.

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-13-04, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: yesss"
Yep. Dat Phan is a one trick jokie.

I'm so sick of the Asian mom and Ninja pee pee jokes!

Happy to see my original pick won. Best of luck to John Heffron.
Hope to see a lot more of him tahn we did of last year's winner who I have seen ZERO of since last year!

New format of House VS. House should be fun!

See ya again when it all starts up again!

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-13-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: yesss"

Oh! Like Ralphie's material is any different - "Fat white guy growing up in the hood". Not funny Ralph, never was...

And his voice annoys the crap out of me.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved U.C.B. Local #69

Jonner_311 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-13-04, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonner_311 Click to send private message to Jonner_311 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: yesss"
Way to go John!!! He was my favourite from early in the show. I think I like him the best because I can relate to a lot of his humor.

LC3 should be interesting. I didn't see the all of the first season, so I am not familiar with all the comics but I am still looking forward to it. The only thing we will miss out on I guess is some of those really bad auditions.

08-13-04, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: yesss"
It would be cool if they made it like this both ways I think

1 Vs 10
2 vs 9
3 vs 8
4 vs 7
5 vs 6

thats the fairest way I could think of

On a side note I gotta say I can't believe that Bodden stole one of paul Mooney's most famous jokes last night

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "?????"
Which joke was that?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "paul who?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-04 AT 12:33 PM (EST)

...and who is Paul Mooney?

The only bad thing with 1 vs. 10, 2 vs. 9, etc. format is that it would pit Dat against Bonnie and give him a real chance at moving forward in the competition. This must not happen.

08-13-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: paul who?"
Paul mooney is a comedian and was one of Richard pryor's comedy writers. You might have seen him on the chappelle show from his " ask a black man" segment or this season he was in the black nostradamus segment.

I chose that format cuz it would be a fair format to go with. The only real problem that I could forsee with that format would be hard to figure out between Kathleen and Tammy which one would be 4 and which would be 5,( jay automatically takes 6 due to the fact that he was a wildcard).

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-13-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: yesss"
>On a side note I gotta
>say I can't believe that
>Bodden stole one of
>paul Mooney's most famous
>jokes last night

Well, now that this was mentioned....a week or so ago, my hubby (who really liked Alonzo) heard some sports joke that he did and said, "Hey - he stole that joke from Imus." (Imus is a radio host here in NYC)

Props to all 3 ! See you in a month !

08-13-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
20. "RE: yesss"
I'm pretty sure they'd still want to keep the voting booth in play, because having the comics vote and challenge each other is such an important element of the show's drama.

I think they would do something like:

making the comics vote that they are smarter than:

#10-- so they could choose between (the Cowboy from the first season?) or Bonnie. THEN, the comic with the most votes of those two could challenge a) the other last place comic or b)anybody who voted for them.

Then the comics would get to choose between the ninth place finishers from both seasons, and so on.

I could be way off base, but it would certainly keep things more interesting for everybody-- otherwise the "good" comics would rest on their haunches and goof off until the end of the season.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-13-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: yesss"
I am so happy with the outcome. John has been my favorite since the 1st head to head. My favorite one: I am 30 and I carrytums; when I was younger I used to carry condoms. But now I have a better chance of getting heart burn then getting laid.
Something like that.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "NICE!"
I was so thrilled to hear John's name called last night. I would have been happy with Alonzo winning too, but not as happy.

Dave Mordal should have won last year.....

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

Thanks for the person who provided the links to the cd's! I'm going to order one!!

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-20-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: yesss"
Loved Boden best, but John was my second fav and I think the comics were voted out pretty much as I would have. Again...Ralphie May not funny, never funny, fat..skinny, either way. Booooooooooring. Dat made me laugh a couple of times, and I did like him last year, but don't think he'll do much more. Now Boden & John, I can see with futures.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •