The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What IS funny?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

GoJo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-19-04, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoJo Click to send private message to GoJo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What IS funny?"
O.K., you're all comedy fans... So, what do you find funny? Because if you were to believe the so-called "experts", that is, the club owners and lower echelon of execs, they say that YOU want to hear observational material. They tell young beginner comics to do material about their "truth" as a person, etc. I prefer imaginative, intelligent, whimsical stuff, but it's rarer, and harder to find... Also, those comics find it harder to get bookings (see "club owners and lower echelon execs") So, what do YOU think?

GoJo
http://www.gojotv.com

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What IS funny? markcomic1 08-20-04 1
   RE: What IS funny? zazzy 08-20-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

markcomic1 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-20-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail markcomic1 Click to send private message to markcomic1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What IS funny?"
personaly i think the truth is the funniest comedy you can do. Secondly club owners and low level execs do not like truthful comedy they want you to develope a character and all this other crap! I think creative use of the truth is what is lacking in comedy today. No one is creative with the truth like Bill Hicks was. I also think the Marx Brothers slap stick stuff was amazing but it was all based on reality and truth.
www.markanthonyramirez.com
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-20-04, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What IS funny?"
Bill Hicks!! I was so glad to see he was part of the top comics of all time list that aired on the Comedy Channel a couple of weeks ago.

If you have never heard him, google him up and see what there is to buy. He died young but he made an impact. He was about truth and helping people see the truth with a lot of wry humor.

So, truth with wryness is my style. I was glad John H won LCS. I told some friends part of his routine and they were cracking up. His material was that good--the Christmas wrapping tube, the 'we gotta go' girl at the bar ruining chances of the guy getting laid, and riding down the steps in a laundry basket.

All funny!

GLad we are getting a new dose of comedy after the Olympics.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •