The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"20 Aug thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

ugibugi 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-10-04, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ugibugi Click to send private message to ugibugi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"20 Aug thoughts"
Spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

Ok, tonight I started watching late so I did not see the extra stuff to stretch a half-hour show into two hours, poor me. But, I did see the important part, the final three. Here is what I thought.

Alonzo – his worst set yet. Only made me chuckle just a little, pretty boring overall.

Gary – Completely boring. Not even a little chuckle, how he got to this point I really do not understand. However, I do understand that is was not because of his comedy.

John – Did the typical relationship stuff. His twist did make it a little more funny than usual, but the premise was still the same. Disappointed, I really thought this guy would be the one to come out stronger than ever tonight.

I noticed that the strongest performer coming into this night was made to go first, and his best competition was placed last. Was the deck stacked? Since none of them stood out, and since John’s set was a little better than the others (not hard to be better than Gary), I would have to say that if a person based their vote on tonight’s show John would have to be the winner. If people think back and base their voting on past sets I would say the winner would be Jay London. But, since Jay is not in the top three then Alonzo would be the strongest from the past shows.

Frankly, if any of these guys come to the local comedy club, I am not inclined to go see them. All are very unoriginal and do basically the same act as a thousand other stand ups.

Based on tonights show:

#1 John (barely)
#2 Alonzo (a close second, it was his show to lose, and he did)
#3 Gary (had no right to be there, way outclassed)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 20 Aug thoughts ugibugi 08-10-04 1
 RE: 10 Aug thoughts Mistral 08-11-04 2
   RE: 10 Aug thoughts theking0075 08-11-04 5
       RE: 10 Aug thoughts buscemi 08-11-04 6
 RE: 20 Aug thoughts motormouth 08-11-04 3
 Nobody delivered PagongRatEater 08-11-04 4
   RE: Nobody delivered badger 08-11-04 7
 RE: 20 Aug thoughts Deonna 08-11-04 8
   RE: 20 Aug thoughts LeftPinky 08-11-04 9
   RE: 20 Aug thoughts PagongRatEater 08-11-04 11
 locking Bebo 08-11-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ugibugi 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-10-04, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ugibugi Click to send private message to ugibugi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 20 Aug thoughts"
Sorry, that should be 10 Aug. I suppose this thread will die because of that stupid mistake, so be it.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-11-04, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10 Aug thoughts"
Oh well, so you typed the date in wrong. Whatever.

I barely watched the recap. I kinda liked Marina's set, but that was about it. Didn't care for seeing Granny again or whatever that bald guy's name was....kind of found him distasteful, which for me is really a stretch.

I'm still pulling for Alonzo, although all three of them made me laugh, but not gutbusting-ly. I still think John will win just because....

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-04, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 10 Aug thoughts"
Mistral,

I agree with you on Jim Norton (or "that bald guy" as you call him). I was disappointed he didn't make it into the house cause I've seen him a few times before (live and on TV) and I've always thought he was pretty funny. I have no idea what was going on with his set last night! Totally NOT funny! It appears it didn't matter if he was in the house or not cause he would have been a non-factor.

I thought John scored a knock-out blow last night! He was hilarious, in my opinion, and won my vote, hands down. I even liked Gary more than Alonzo. Alonzo just keeps losing ground with me. He was my favorite at one time and is now all the way down to 3rd. It doesn't really matter who's #2 cause I'm only voting for John, but after last night, I'd like to see Gary come in 2nd! I think the comics should be forced to really bring it in thier final sets, and Alonzo just didn't!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 10 Aug thoughts"
I agree completely on this. I don't know what happened with Alonzo. He's been so great all season, but he wasn't great last week, and he was just downright bad last night. I would be happy with either Gary or John winning, but I think John really pulled it out with a great set last night.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-11-04, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 20 Aug thoughts"
First of all, you should have mentioned that this was a spoiler...oh, never mind.

Ok, so I was not wowed by Alonzo tonight. He has some good material yes, but his delivery bores me.
Gary, was he talking tonight? I'm sorry, I noticed he looked cute but did he actually do a set?
John, I love him. I love his quirkyness. I do like his jokes on relationships, I find alot of them to be true. So my picks would be, 1-John 2-Alonzo 3-Gary (a photo would suffice)

*Courtesy of IceCat*

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Nobody delivered"
I went into the voting totally fine with voting for ANY of the three guys performing last night. They have all had great sets in the past and I think that they are all worthy of being the LCS winner. So, I was HORRIBLY disappointed to see that not one of them had their A game last night.

Alonzo clearly was outside of his comfort zone when not doing racial jokes. Yeah, all guys hate to hold the purse, but it's not great schtick. What a GREAT personal story though - I really hope that he makes it to the big time.

Gary was totally nervous and it seemed to throw his timing off. He was tripping over jokes and wandering the stage a bit much. Glad to see he snuck in the standard cookie joke.

John gave another bad performance. He got through on previous effort and personal charm last week, but I can't vote for him after back to back bad performances on the big stage.

So, almost by default, I'll be sending all my votes to Gary. Personally, I have found him very funny through-out the show (the bits on sugar cookies, speedometers and climbing rope in gym class stand out for me) and he had the best reason for being here. He went through the toughest gauntlet, probably used up the A list of his material to get here and almost never repeated a joke.

Good luck to all the guys. There ain't a bad one in the bunch.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nobody delivered"
i too was pretty disappointed with last night's performances.

alonzo and john were my faves going in, but i thought alonzo's set stunk. for me to say that gary was better than alonzo is huge, because i find gary cute but boring. (and i hate the cookie jokes).

john was ok. of all of them, he made me laugh the most. (but it wasn't a real gut-buster)

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-11-04, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 20 Aug thoughts"
I thought the best of the worst, and the producers reactions to the bad comics was pretty funny.

Deonna

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-11-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 20 Aug thoughts"
Me too, Deonna! Enjoyed the producer's faces... too bad the three comics didn't deliver like they needed to last night.
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Based on last night, 1. John 2. Alonzo 3. Gary

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 20 Aug thoughts"
I loved all the joke's at Ant's expense (and had to rewind and slow-mo the forehead lick by Jay OMH!) and the comedians doing impressions of the others way WAYYYY funny.

"Don't ever get in a pool next to Tammy cause you look like a day-glo white frog in a swim suit" Kathleen

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "locking"
Since we've had more than one new post started, I'm going to assume (yeah, I know) that some posters are confused by the subject on this one and lock this. I'll put a link in the one that I'm keeping open so that folks can find these comments.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •