The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ABOUT GARY"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

gailwrites 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gailwrites Click to send private message to gailwrites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ABOUT GARY"
The man isn't funny, he must have more friends that's about the only way i can see him in the last three. GOOD GRIEF
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ABOUT GARY PagongRatEater 08-06-04 1
   RE: ABOUT GARY truthrules50 08-06-04 2
 Gary is Okay GRTX3 08-06-04 3
   OUTRAGEOUS!! ARnutz 08-06-04 4
       RE: OUTRAGEOUS!! PagongRatEater 08-06-04 5
           RE: OUTRAGEOUS!! Loree 08-06-04 6
               RE: OUTRAGEOUS!! nanrabbit 08-09-04 13
 Gary's humor weltek 08-06-04 7
   RE: Gary's humor shaw86 08-06-04 8
       RE: Gary's humor triednottowatch 08-06-04 9
   RE: Gary's humor LeftPinky 08-06-04 10
 RE: ABOUT GARY Silvergirl1 08-06-04 11
   RE: ABOUT GARY motormouth 08-06-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ABOUT GARY"
Personally I find Gary VERY funny and I'm a guy so the 'hot' factor is not a player here. I just really enjoy his stand-up. He also earned his way to the final three by taking on 3 head-to-heads in front of live audiences, who I am sure were not his friends. Is his comedy challenging? No. Is it edgy or different? Nope. It's just plain funny. Just goes to show you that comedy is NOT objective (take THAT Ayn Rand).

BTW, you may want to make sure in the future that before you post an item that could reveal the outcome that the West Coast has not seen the show yet! Make sure you put the word spoilers in your title and provide plenty of filler so that the preview doesn't reveal the result.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS and keep posting!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-04, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ABOUT GARY"
As has been said before on this forum, that just goes to show you how very SUBJECTIVE comedy is. I love Gary's humor. I find it very relative to my life - and yet not harsh or rude. Which I like and find refreshing. I think that's why I also was shocked at the "blue" turn he took at the Friar's roast, and I guess I wasn't the only one.

I don't vote, but if I did I'd vote for Gary. He isn't bad to look at either - but sincerely, that is not why I like him. John is actually cuter to me, but I'm becoming less and less enchanted with his humor. Like I said, all subjective.

GRTX3 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-06-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GRTX3 Click to send private message to GRTX3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Gary is Okay"
but he shouldn't be in the final 3.

MSNBC report stated that he is "managed" by the producer of the show, Barry Katz, as is Jay Mohr. Of course, they say that didn't influence the choices. Right.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4483013/

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "OUTRAGEOUS!!"
OMG!!

This article says "unknown comedians" are cast. I'm pretty sure I've seen Corey before and Ant also... could it be that we are all being deceived?

Sooooo angry!

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OUTRAGEOUS!!"
Not to mention Kathleen.

I'm sure that they mean 'unknown' in the sense that ALL comedians are not really household names (with few exceptions). Sienfeld or Jeff Foxworthy couldn't try out. So basically, if you've had a sitcom already THEN you are 'unknown.'

Or perhaps they just mean it in the sense that no one REALLY knows anybody else.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: OUTRAGEOUS!!"
That blonde woman (can't remember her name) had a sitcom. But she was still considered unknown. LOL!

I was happy with the final 3. I think they were the 3 funniest of the 6. Alonzo is my choice to win it. But I would be okay with the others too.

nanrabbit 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-09-04, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nanrabbit Click to send private message to nanrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: OUTRAGEOUS!!"
I think I read somewhere that this year they let comics who had been in the business for longer than 2 years be a part of the show. Of course no one like Seinfeld or Carey or any other well known comedians were able to try out. That is why a lot of the comics that tried out were ones that some people would know and they had had some success but not a great amount of success.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Gary's humor"
I think I really like his humor because although I'm not offended by raunchy stuff, it's a nice change of pace to hear some clean, funny stuff.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

shaw86 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaw86 Click to send private message to shaw86 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gary's humor"
i dont know about you but if he wins i wont be able to watch his comedy central presents for 30 minutes because all he talks about is cookies

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-06-04, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gary's humor"
MMMMMMMMMMMM. Cookies.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-06-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gary's humor"
I'm with you Weltek! I enjoy hearing the clean, non-slamming stuff. All of Gary's have fit here.

Surprisingly, while I didn't appreciate anything Alonzo did prior to Tuesday night, I thought he was the funniest both Tuesday and Thursday with a "clean" slate. Considering I'd written off his kind of humor, it was a nice surprise.

I'd be happy with any of these comics winning - unlike last year's loser!
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ABOUT GARY"

I don't find Gary all that funny, either, Gail, so you are not alone in your opinion. I think he needs to sharpen up his material just a little for my tastes, but I do appreciate his being a clean comic.

Welcome to the Reality TV boards.

Silvergirl
Last Comic Standing 2 summary writer

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-06-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ABOUT GARY"
I'm in the middle here, I like him sometimes, not so much other times. But all in all, I am ok with the final three.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •