The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on final 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jonner_311 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-06-04, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonner_311 Click to send private message to Jonner_311 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on final 3"
What are everyone's thoughts on the final three? For sure there are some difference in opinions which is always interesting to hear.

I think 3 deserving comics are in the final three. I think Gary didn't give his best performance the previous week - but I have liked him thorugout the show. John is my favorite. Alonzo is my least favorite of the three, but I think he is deserving to be there.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 pmspml5 08-06-04 1
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 theking0075 08-06-04 2
   RE: Thoughts on final 3 truthrules50 08-06-04 3
       RE: Thoughts on final 3 ARnutz 08-06-04 4
   RE: Thoughts on final 3 TooWee 08-07-04 15
       RE: Thoughts on final 3 motormouth 08-08-04 17
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 badger 08-06-04 5
   RE: Thoughts on final 3 triednottowatch 08-06-04 7
       RE: Thoughts on final 3 badger 08-06-04 11
           RE: Thoughts on final 3 jerico_red 08-09-04 22
 All alone on this limb ,but PagongRatEater 08-06-04 6
   RE: All alone on this limb ,but Jonner_311 08-06-04 8
       RE: All alone on this limb ,but motormouth 08-07-04 14
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 proofofnolife 08-06-04 9
   RE: Thoughts on final 3 zazzy 08-06-04 10
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 Diva Las Vegas 08-06-04 12
   RE: Thoughts on final 3 ARnutz 08-06-04 13
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 heffgirl251 08-07-04 16
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 BOYmeetsREALITY 08-08-04 18
   RE: Thoughts on final 3 nanrabbit 08-09-04 19
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 ejm92 08-09-04 20
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 memacmur 08-09-04 21
   RE: Thoughts on final 3 Chachachafan 08-09-04 23
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 Oscirus 08-09-04 24
 RE: Thoughts on final 3 Mistral 08-09-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-06-04, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I have never like Gary's presentation - he always looks like he is reading a promptor - doesnt seam "natural" to me. I think Kathy is sick - she was off and thus just on the live show only the right 3 probably made it. I am just very glad I do not have to listen to Tammy's very old jokes anymore.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-06-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
Gary is OK. I think he is deserving because he won two head-to-heads. He steals jokes sometimes. He did a bit not too long ago about climbing a rope in gym class and I know I have heard some of the jokes before. I'm pretty sure it was from Robin William's, "A Night at the Met." Comics borrow from each other all the time, so that's not a big deal. At least he didn't do the same material over and over again like some of the comics.

John is one of my favorites. He is high energy on stage and seems to have a wide range of material. I liked his originality early on. I was disappointed with his performance Tuesday night, cause he seemed to lose his niche. I mean come on John. Seriously! Relationship humor? Every comic does relationship humor. He was much better when he was doing jokes about the "Christmas Paper Wrapping Paper Tube" cause he was the only comic I've ever heard make jokes about that before! I hope he gets his originality back for the final show.

Alonzo, as I've said many time before, was one of my favorites in the very beginning, but I stopped liking him as much after a while. I've realized the last couple of weeks that it's his delivery that I don't like. I think he has a lot of really great jokes, but the presentation takes a little away. It's all low, monotone, set-up and then he raises his voice for the punch line. A little more variance in his voice and more physical expressions on-stage could make his jokes even funnier. All in all though, perhaps he is just better suited as a writer than a stand-up comic.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the final 3. I wish Jay was there instead of Gary, but thank goodness Tammy is gone! I didn't even watch her set last night. I couldn't stand to listen to her anymore. I watched poker instead.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I'm also overall happy about the final 3. (I guess if Todd couldn't be there, this is still good. Sad face here.)

I think Alonzo just might take this thing. Although I'm silently rooting for Gary.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I don't like Gary! I'm not sure if this is because of his behavior off the stage (in the house, he was sometimes too cocky for my taste), but I can't seem to get past it and listen to his "on stage" performance objectively.

I love Alonzo! I think this guy is great, he's happy to be there and he has been the most consistantly good one on stage.

John is good too! He is funny and extremely likeable, but has been occasionally inconsistant with his material.

I would not be disappointed if either John or Alonzo won.

TooWee 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TooWee Click to send private message to TooWee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I totally agree...

Thanks for helping me realize what it was that bugged me about Alonso. He may have the best material of the group, but the delivery is a bit dull after a while. 3-4 minutes of him is great, but I wouldn't want to listen to 30-40 min.

A lot of people don't like Gary, but you can't discount the vanilla factor here. nice good looking guy with consistant safe humor. I like him, but I would pay $40 at a club to see him.

I totally agree John was best with his off-beat material. the guy is just so darn likeable! Best delivery I think and most charismatic.

I do predict that Alonso will win because I think Gary and John are similar enough in 'safe' appeal that they will split votes (American Idol Style) and leace A the winner. My vote goes to John

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-08-04, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I agree with you TooWee, Alonzo may win but John is my fave too. Welcome!

*Courtesy of IceCat*

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-06-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
john and alonzo have been my picks since the beginning, so i am happy that they're both there. and i wouldn't be disappointed if either of them win.

i don't find gary particularly funny. i never knew someone could get so much mileage from oreo jokes.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-06-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
> i never knew someone
>could get so much mileage
>from oreo jokes.

See, that's the thing that makes this whole concept so interesting. You have a problem with him getting a lot of jokes out of cookies, and I think that is what makes somebody a good comedian: the ability to take a normal, run-of-the-mill subject - like cookies - and get some pretty funny jokes out of it.

While the whole delivery is different and feel is different, Gary's act is remininscent of Jerry Seinfeld. He takes little innocuous things and finds humor in them.

I'll tell you one thing, I find that kind of humor much better than dating/relationship jokes, men suck jokes, women suck jokes, I'm afraid to go to the South because I'm black (news flash, the 60's are long gone and -gasp- there are blacks who actually LIVE in the South), I'm Italian/Sicilian and we will whack you jokes, I'm gay and live in that subculture jokes, etc. All those have been done to death and I'm just tired of them.

So far, only Todd, John and Gary have given us that off the wall original humor. Jay is off the wall, but just not funny. Henny Youngman humor is long gone. It was, "Take my wife please," not "Take my act please."

Wow, didn't mean to go on a rant. Just throwing my 2 cents in. I'm a guy and I just like Gary's humor (but that doesn't make me gay).........Not that there's anything wrong with that.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-06-04, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
See, that's the thing that makes this whole concept so interesting. You have a problem with him getting a lot of jokes out of cookies, and I think that is what makes somebody a good comedian: the ability to take a normal, run-of-the-mill subject - like cookies - and get some pretty funny jokes out of it.

well, arguably, most comedians take "normal" subjects and making jokes about them. that's why it's called "observational humor."

Gary's observations just don't make me laugh like John's do.

and maybe I'm resentful when his pathetic oreo act at the first head-to-head beat out Ant, who although unpopular on these boards, made me laugh harder with his flight attendant routine.

jerico_red 22 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jerico_red Click to send private message to jerico_red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
Badger,
Hate to break it to you, but that was a stolen joke. A friend had forwarded me that same joke a couple years back and just about fell off my chair. Hearing Ant do that joke plus his boxing one made me glad he fell to the wayside.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "All alone on this limb ,but"
I was really disappointed that Tammy didn't make it. Her act this week was IMHO the funniest by far. Personally, I think she was a victim of personal unpopularity rather than being punished for being unfunny. Then again, I'm a NY Italian and I 'get' more of her jokes maybe.

Jonner_311 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonner_311 Click to send private message to Jonner_311 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: All alone on this limb ,but"
>Personally, I think she was
>a victim of personal unpopularity
>rather than being punished for
>being unfunny

I think you may be right here. I wasn't a big fan of hers throughout the show I admit. But I thought her last set before the voting was very good, and based on that set alone, she could have been in the top three.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-07-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: All alone on this limb ,but"
Part of being a successful comedian is winning over your audience. They came onto a show where they are seen as people, and not judged soley on their comedy. It is a risk they took, and in her case a possible detriment to her career. Kind of a double edged sword, good publicity and bad publicity at the same time. I didn't want her to win but I wish her good luck! BTW, welcome aboard Jonner!

*Courtesy of IceCat*

proofofnolife 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-06-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail proofofnolife Click to send private message to proofofnolife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
Have enjoyed Jay all along - but Tuesday night it seemed he just did not bring it. I thought Tammy was funny and thought Kathleen was very polished and funny as well. However, I have been a fan of John's all the way thru. I did not think he was at his best Tuesday, but was better last night. Gary - well he is a hunk and mildly amusing. No, I did not vote for him, but I am thinking NBC probably believes they could build a sitcom around him. Alonzo is fantastic - he's got it all - style delivery and flair. Tough call, so we will just have to see who delivers the goods next time out.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-06-04, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I wish Tammy were F3. I like John much better than Gary. Gary does not appeal to me--I guess I am more of a Brad Pitt/Robert Redford type.

So, if John or Alonzo does well next week I will vote for the one who does best. Hope they add more lines for calling.

Diva Las Vegas 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-06-04, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Diva%20Las%20Vegas Click to send private message to Diva%20Las%20Vegas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
Gary in the final three over Kathy or Jay? What a crock of crap; that's the last time I watch. He's about as funny as dirty sock. I hope John Heffron beats the pants off him.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-04 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

I know I'll be watching it just to see him LOSE!!!! He definitely can't win over the other two.

All my votes will be for Alonzo, but I think it will be close between him and John.

heffgirl251 10 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-04, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heffgirl251 Click to send private message to heffgirl251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
It amazes me how unpopular Gary is on all these message boards yet he made the final three! It does make me wonder if people, mostly women have been voting for him because of his looks. Personally, I don't see what is so great about him. He isn't bad and I do get some laughs from his acts. I thought his bit about postage stamps was very funny.

john has been and still is my favorite. I like his off beat humor although I agree that he wasn't at his best for the voting show. I thought he was hilarious on the reveal show and both head to heads he was in.

I like Alonzo alot but his racial jokes are starting to get on my nerves a little. He should stick to stuff like his gymnastics jokes-VERY FUNNY.

In the end, John will have my votes because he entertains me the most with not only his jokes, but his delivery. Hell, even the sound of his voice cracks me up!

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
Two issues here really, that always come up in Comic-Land:

1.) Comedy is not a kind industry to women. Hence, Tammy and Kathy not making the Final three despite what I felt were pretty good sets and a lot of talent throughout. As I mentioned after last week's summary, I am not surprised to see an all-male Final three.

2.) John Heffron is going to win this thing becasue he is the re-incarnation of Bobcat Goldthwait, both in style and content. Originality, stage presence, and delivery are what counts and he has them. It's the "It worked 10 years ago so it will work again now" factor! He's good.

Never forget that the producers ahve the final say in the voting each week and will change it to whomever is the most marketable at the moment. If you don;t believe me, just read the fine print after the credits.

All in all, a better season than last, I believe. Glad to see they are rolling out the next one right away while we are still fans of the concept!

nanrabbit 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-09-04, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nanrabbit Click to send private message to nanrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
Hello all! In the final I am hoping that John will win. As I have watched the shows he is the one who has made me laugh out loud every time he was on. I really like when he talks about his childhood since I can remember either doing the things he talks about or having a friend try. He cracked me up with the joke about using tea towels as a cape and that was the reason that he did not fly! I have to also say that I do like his relationship humour. He is the same age as me and I can relate to the beginning to feel old and being in a bar. I seriously hope he wins!

Gary is funny too and I do like some of his jokes but delivery is a problem. I think he smiles too much! With Alonzo, I agree with what another poster said about his delivery being off. I am sooooo glad that Tammy is gone...I couldn't listen to that cackle any more!!!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-09-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I missed about five weeks of the head-to-head weeks, but I've been a huge Alonzo fan since the beginning of the season, and I hope he takes the prize.....I've always liked John as well, and I'm slowly warming up to Gary. I like the Gulman-Seinfeld comparison, and John-Bobcat....I actually like Alonzo's delivery for the 3-4 minutes we see him on screen....as mentioned above, it might be a little annoying for 30-40 minutes, but I think if Alonzo were to win he probably would be more suited to get a job as a writer.

Packers '04: "It's Either Super Bowl Or Bust" - Brett Favre

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
The one thing I kept thinking once the original group was set up in the house was 'which of these comedians could I see actually doing a sitcom using their style of humour.'

The only 2 I could see doing it (without getting really annoying/repetitive really fast) were John and Gary. So I'm glad they made the final 3.

Don't think Alonzo would suit a sit-com, but he is a good stand-up comedian.

All in all, I think the best 3 entrants (after the celebrity-not-quite-judges scandal) made it to the end.

I'll be pulling for Hefron myself...

MEmacmur

Chachachafan 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-09-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chachachafan Click to send private message to Chachachafan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
Being an Detroiter, I am pulling for John Hefron myself...I think his jokes are hilarious.
I would be upset if Gary won either, I think he's very funny.
So glad that Tammy is gone! She drove me nuts. She should have been long gone with ANT!

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-09-04, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
It is pretty safe to say that unless they bombed,Alonzo and John had two of the final three spots locked up before tuesday.Since that didn't happen it meant 4 comedians fighting for one spot. Jay was first and he had to come really strong or else bye bye his material was alright but his repeated mannerisms were starting to get annoying. Tammy could only ride for so long off of her heritage jokes before they got stale (don't want to see a Dat phan repeat again).Kathleen's material was boring there really wasn't anything memorable about her material. Gary Pretty much had to stick to his seinfeldesque humor and ride it out.

As for women bias Tammy is lucky she even made it into the house she wasn't even the funniest woman in her finals group.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-09-04, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Thoughts on final 3"
I was actually pretty pleased with the final 3, which is rare for me.

I did like Tammy better than Gary though, but I know I'm in the minority on liking Tammy.

I was just so glad Jay didn't make it that it really didn't matter too much to me who else was in!

Personally, I think John will probably win, but I prefer Alonzo. Either way, I won't be bummin' like I was at last year's debacle.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •