The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"more thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

justme1 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justme1 Click to send private message to justme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"more thoughts"
I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think jay london is funny. He says the same things every single time - puts himself down, makes fun of his look, and apologizes to the audience. At this point, any one of us can do his act. Furthermore, he just says these one liners that are generally not funny. How much longer will everyone pity him? I think people vote for him b/c they feel badly for him, but this is not a show about who is the underdog or a vote for who needs the most help. We are trying to vote on who is the funniest and most original and who we would want to hear again and again as an entertainer. If Jay London won, I would never want to hear a half hour act of his b/c it would just be a repeat of everything we heard. At least the others had newer themes last night. I think that overall, Jay was the one who really used a lot of old material that we've heard before. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a nice guy and means well, but he is not funny. Even if you do like his one liners, how could the same line still be funny after you heard it before. Of course, this is all just my opinion and obviously has to do with my sense of humor, but I just don't get jay. anyhow, I hope that any of the others win. Good luck to all you jay lovers.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: more thoughts Mistral 08-04-04 1
 RE: more thoughts Joools 08-04-04 2
 RE: more thoughts PagongRatEater 08-04-04 3
 RE: more thoughts motormouth 08-05-04 4
 RE: more thoughts ssaxe 08-05-04 5
 RE: more thoughts heffgirl251 08-05-04 6
 RE: more thoughts gailwrites 08-05-04 7
   RE: more thoughts ugibugi 08-05-04 8
       RE: more thoughts motormouth 08-06-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-04-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: more thoughts"
Thank you! You just said everything I was saying all along....I know we are in the minority out here though. Even though I know comedy is very subjective, I can only really see him getting sympathy votes.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-04-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: more thoughts"
It's not just you, justme. I also think Jay is a great guy, but that doesn't make him a great comic.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: more thoughts"
As wierd as it sounds, he's grown on me. I didn't think he was funny AT ALL at first, but I find myself chuckling at his schtick now. Not enough to vote for him, but he isn't awful.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-05-04, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: more thoughts"
Welcome justme1! I thought it was justme2. *giggle*

*Courtesy of IceCat*

ssaxe 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssaxe Click to send private message to ssaxe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: more thoughts"
I agree with you 100% correct ... he is awful. I honestly believe that during the wild card show Jay's agent had enouugh pull to fix the vote. I mean, I even thought Bonnie was way funnier than Jay .... primarily because Jay just is NOT FUNNY. PERIOD. THANK YOU.

heffgirl251 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heffgirl251 Click to send private message to heffgirl251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: more thoughts"
I agree 100% as well. He's a nice guy-he's not funny-he shouldn't have been the wildcard-THANK YOU!

gailwrites 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gailwrites Click to send private message to gailwrites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: more thoughts"
Jay's not the same everytime, he has a different style to him, he's not boring like the rest. I get so bored seeing the same things from comic's over and over again, much like the one's who feed of kerry and bush, it's so boring.

ugibugi 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-05-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ugibugi Click to send private message to ugibugi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: more thoughts"
Bingo! Jay might seem to be doing the same thing every time, but that is his act. Why does it seem like he is doing the same thing, because the self deprecating stuff ties all the one liners together. Did people complain when Steve Martin said Excuse Me? Do people ##### when George Carlin does his seven dirty words?

Why do people pick up Jay's act being similar, because he is so much different than all the others. He is the standout. He is noticable. If anybody is being the same, it is all the others. They are being the same as every other boring comedian you have ever seen come and go on the Tonight Show. The others do that same old boring crap. Exchange Italian for Black and Alonzo and that nag from Jersey can trade acts. All the others could exchange too and you would not know who wrote what. Jay's wordsmithing is far more clever than any of the others. If Gary told one of Jay's jokes, you would know who wrote it. If Gary told one of John's jokes, you would never know the difference.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-06-04, 03:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: more thoughts"
"If Gary told one of Jay's jokes, you would know who wrote it. If Gary told one of John's jokes, you would never know the difference."

That is so true, ugibugi. Jay does have some funny one liners. However, some people (myself included) are so turned off by his 'act', that even the funny stuff gets lost in translation.
Gary, John and Alonzo are IMO, comparable because they tend to base their act on stuff people relate to. Alot of people find that more amusing. My husband however, prefers Jay Londons humor.
Point is, I guess all of them are funny to someone. Anyhow, that is just my .02

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •