The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Kim4Cali 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kim4Cali Click to send private message to Kim4Cali Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
There are so many things that this show could do without. For instance, the producers of the show mostly chose controversial people that would grab the public's attention and "up their ratings". This completely ruins the point of chosing a person with the greatest comic talent. Second mistake NBC made was allowing the "losers" come back into the house and vote against the remaining 5. Now it is based on revenge and grudges...again, no talent. Lastly, Episode 8 was the Wild Card Competition...need I say more? They were voted off for a reason people!!! Oh man, it is still a great show despite all of these relentless pet-peeves. I am upset over Jay London's win...but I still have hope that John H. or Gary G. will win in the end.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This show makes me so mad, but ... PagongRatEater 07-30-04 1
   RE: This show makes me so mad, but ... Mistral 07-30-04 2
       RE: This show makes me so mad, but ... grit 07-30-04 3
           RE: This show makes me so mad, but ... Joools 07-30-04 4
               RE: This show makes me so mad, but ... Karennz 07-30-04 5
               RE: This show makes me so mad, but ... triednottowatch 07-30-04 6
               RE: This show makes me so mad, but ... Mistral 07-30-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
I'm with you Gary or John are definitely the funniest - with a potential Alonzo as a dark horse. I had no doubt at all that Jay London was going to win last night and if I had to bet money on ANYONE winning the whole competition, it would be Jay. When you involve the public who has gotten to know these people over 6 weeks, it is very hard to keep it from becoming a popularity contest. I'd almost prefer that they used anonymous crowds so that they are judged just on their stand-up.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-30-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
Gawd, I certainly hope Jay doesn't win! I guess it's just me, but I don't even find him remotely amusing. And as for being "popular" well, I just don't see that either.

I think the winner will be Alonzo (my choice) or John....either of those would be okay with me. I wouldn't mind Gary, but I don't think he's in the same class as the other two.

But I agree with you that they should be judged on their stand-up ability alone and not who's the "nicest" or whatever. Hell, I thought Todd was an obnoxious human being, but that wouldn't stop me from being a fan if he made me laugh (but he didn't). Frankly I don't care so much about anyone's likeability as long as they make me laugh. Um, it's a comedy competition, not a popularity contest.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-30-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
Um, it's a comedy competition, not a popularity contest.

Um, you mean like American Idol is a singing competition, not a popularity contest? We all saw what happened with that...

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"

>Um, you mean like American Idol
>is a singing competition, not
>a popularity contest? We
>all saw what happened with
>that...

...which is exactly why I stopped watching AI after LaToya was voted off. It was becoming painfully obvious that talent wasn't the most important thing, no offense to Fantasia or Diana who were both very good.

But I digress. I think the TV viewers sympathized with Jay
much like they probably sympathized with Dat last year. I personally think the overall winner should be chosen by his or her fellow comedians...Jon Stewart, Dom Irrera, Brett Butler, Wanda Sykes, etc.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-30-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
Ahhhh...Wanda Sykes. Now THERE'S a comedian who's actually funny! Love her madly. Anybody remember her routine about "DRINK MAN!" Too funny.

But as for LCS, I'm voting for Kathleen.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
>But I digress. I think
>the TV viewers sympathized with
>Jay
>much like they probably sympathized with
>Dat last year. I

Speaking of whom........what happened to his big production deal? Dat just didn't have enough funny.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This show makes me so mad, but I can't stop watching it!"
>
>>Um, you mean like American Idol
>>is a singing competition, not
>>a popularity contest? We
>>all saw what happened with
>>that...
>
>
>...which is exactly why I stopped
>watching AI after LaToya was
>voted off.

That is EXACTLY why I stopped watching AI as well!! Well, that and I'm really not into pop cover tunes... But I'm probably going to give up all these "vote for your favorite" winner shows altogether since the voting is so blatantly biased (and the ones I like never win anyway...)

>I personally think the overall winner
>should be chosen by his
>or her fellow comedians...Jon Stewart,
>Dom Irrera, Brett Butler, Wanda
>Sykes, etc.

Now, there's a good idea. Either that or have a live studio audience who isn't privy to the TV show select the winner.

And yes, I know I'm naively optimistic when I hope that the public as a whole will ever get this stuff right...guess that's why I never watch the People's Choice awards or similar tripe.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •