The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-28-04, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I just finished watching the wild card show but have no intention of voting for any of them. With the exception of Tammy, I am perfectly happy with the final five. What did anybody else think of tonight's performances? I'll give Ant credit for not basing his entire routine on being gay, but I don't think any of them were funnier than the final five. They got voted off for a reason, you know?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... Estee 07-28-04 1
   RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... Dizwiz 07-28-04 2
       RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... Mistral 07-28-04 5
       RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... Joools 07-28-04 8
       RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... theking0075 07-29-04 15
 RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... bystander 07-28-04 3
   RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... badger 07-28-04 4
       RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... truthrules50 07-28-04 6
           RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... PagongRatEater 07-28-04 7
               RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... badger 07-28-04 9
                   RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... truthrules50 07-28-04 10
 RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... Bursar 07-28-04 11
 RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... DoodleBug 07-28-04 12
 RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... I_AM_HE 07-28-04 13
   RE: Don't vote for a wild card fina... FlyinBrian 07-28-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-04, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I thought those who were normally decent had extremely-off nights, those who were normally bad outright stunk, and Ant was pulling out jokes -- stolen jokes -- from his original audition in the first season. I went in ready to vote for either Todd or Jay and came out without a phone in my hands.

Let's figure on their just announcing the percentage of the vote again, because I think we might see some all-time low phone poll numbers here. And if Corey breaks ten percent, he was dialing from the stage.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-28-04, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I never expected that Ant would give the best performance of the night. That's not saying much, of course. Haven't I heard that boxing joke before? I was also going in expecting to vote for Todd or Jay, and wasn't impressed by either AT ALL. Todd was downright awful. Crap, I think Ant's going to be back in it, folks.

Diz

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I have to agree that Ant was the funniest. He was actually the only one who made me laugh at all, as much as I hate to say it. But I never vote on those things, winners or losers, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm really not sure WHY they would even do this. Vote for a loser to come back and compete against people who are all relative funny (I'm assuming Kathleen is even though she didn't do a H2H). Well, I guess they did it on S7, much to everyone's dismay, so why not copy a crappy idea?

My take on the performances last night:

Corey - just fell flat, as he always does. He tries to be this roguish guy but he's very forced. Oh, and he's not funny.

Bonnie - even with the new hair-do she just reminds me of some drunk chick at the bar waiting to be hit on.

Jay - I know some people out here like his sense of humor, but he gives me the creeps. And he's not funny either.

Ant - as embarrassing as it is, I though he was the best last night.

Todd - his usual, semi-funny, forced stuff.

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I'd heard the boxing joke before, too, but I can't remember where. I know I'd heard of Ant before LCS so I thought maybe it was a joke I'd heard him do before. So either he stole it or he's using really old material. Kind of lame either way.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-29-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I ended up going with Corey. Though he wasn't great, I like he tried so hard to come up with some new stuff and I thought he was pretty entertaining. He said he had come up with a lot of new stuff for this week and next, so let's see what else he has!

Though her set was lousy, overall, I thought Bonnie had the night's best line with her:

"I'm pretty bumbed I have to move. I haven't even met any of my neighbors. I'm worried I'll never find a place like that again!"

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-28-04, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
Actually, there are a few of the wild card finalists that I just can't stand (Ant, Bonnie, Todd). I agree that none of the 5 of them were funny enough to deserve to come back into the house. I suggest you vote for the lessor of 5 evils just so some Jackarsses don't make it back in.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-28-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
i must say, i agree with the above sentiment. none of them were funny last night. i don't know that i laughed more than twice!

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-28-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
>i must say, i agree with
>the above sentiment. none
>of them were funny last
>night. i don't know
>that i laughed more than
>twice!

Sadly, me too. I REALLY wanted Todd to do well. WAAAAH !!

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
It wasn't a very impressive night for Todd, but he had me ROLLING with the Cookie Monster thing! Ant had the best full set, but I can't bring myself to vote for the guy. Don't be surprised to see Jay London coming back just on the basis of likeability! (and the Motel 6 in Amish Country was pretty funny too).

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-28-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
the Motel 6 in Amish Country was pretty funny too)

yup, that's what got my laugh

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I wouldn't mind at all if Jay came back. I just wish he'd ditch that jacket hangin' on his arm....what is that, his security blanket or something ? LOL I adore his kind of comedy.

Anyone but Ant. Please, Lord.

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-28-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
To borrow from Simon Cowell, last night's performances, without exception, were ghastly.

It's pretty bad when Jay Mohr has the best line of the night (about his agent putting him in Pluto Nash, dead on!).

You can pay me now, or you can pay me later.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I didn't see the point of the wild card episode. These people just aren't funny! Ant stole that boxing joke. I had heard it before too. I think he borrows steals a lot of his material. He's just not original.

I was hoping Jay or Todd would wow me... no such luck. I voted for.....

no one.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I think Jay's gonna get the vote, cause the peeps obviously love him. I think he had a rather off night, but I'd still like to see him most of the 5.

Ant was slightly the best of the night, and above average for him, which isn't saying much.

Bonnie and Corey sucked, as always

and Todd was amusing, but not funny

FlyinBrian 37 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlyinBrian Click to send private message to FlyinBrian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Don't vote for a wild card finalist"
I voted for Todd, if for no other reason than to make sure Ant doesn't go any farther. The joke Ant did about boxing was the same one he did in his audition in season 1. Joe Rogan called him on it and said he stole it. I will give Ant credit though, he waited almost 90 seconds before starting on the gay jokes.

By the way, 5 comics x 4 minutes = 20 minutes. How does this show go an hour? That is the main problem, unfunny people and too much excess crap,

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •