The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-06-04, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
Attached is a link to an article at reality newsonline stating that Last Comic Standing Season 3 has been cancelled. Apparently they are planning to reveal the winner in next Tuesday's Father of the Pride marathon.

With only one more episode, it's pretty thoughtless to the fans and comics to cancel without showing the finale. Thanks NBC.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4829.art&page=1

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? PagongRatEater 10-07-04 1
 RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? Sue 10-07-04 2
 RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? seahorse 10-07-04 3
   RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? tvjunkie 10-07-04 4
 RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? Loree 10-07-04 5
   RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? LeftPinky 10-07-04 6
       RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? bdemoney 10-07-04 7
 RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled? Sue 10-07-04 8
   Ratings for Tuesday's episode were ... Sue 10-07-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-07-04, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
What a TOTAL CROCK.

First they take a great show and they ruin it by changing the format(sure 30 seconds is plenty of standup), then they obviously shorten the season with double eliminations, and as the final injustice they punish the fans, the comics and the show for THIER crappy changes.

Heads up NBC - this show got great ratings last season, any idea WHY that changed this season?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sue 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-04, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sue Click to send private message to Sue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
I agree. It stinks.

To begin with, they irritated me with having to get the voting done in the 2 hours after the show. They could easily have given people 24 hours once they were running the show only once a week.

I thought the format stunk. Season 1 lost one of their better comics after the first show. The way the voting worked was stupid. I didn't always vote for my favorite comics because I wanted Season 1 to get some money. Unfortunately, we were voting for individuals and then money was being paid out as teams. A Season 2 comic could have beaten all the Season 1 comics and still gotten voted out. I think the comics were locked into picking mostly or entirely comics to perform that hadn't performed the previous week because the bottom 2 comics from the previous week couldn't perform in the first week of session. The second week of each session was entirely those who hadn't performed the previous week.

Having 2 minutes of 10 comic performances meant that an hour was filled with 20 minutes of show, and approximately 15 minutes of commercials and 25 minutes of not very entertaining filler. 2 minutes isn't a fair test of stand-up.

The format got worse as NBC gave up on the Series. I would have preferred more standup from the contestants to the guest comics. I was puzzled by why we could vote for the guest comics one week and only one week. I didn't want to vote for them, but why was that an option. The roast competition added to the confusion.

People who wanted to listen to VP debates wouldn't have been able to vote in much of the country and might not have watched the final show or voted.

Unfortunately, Season 1 was set up for failure. Season 2 was more popular. It was fresher. People had recently gotten into the habit of voting for their favorite Season 2 comics and had just voted for 4 of them twice and the other 5 once. Season 2 had more successful comics. Heffron, Glass and Madigan had already had Comedy Central Presents programs before the competion. Bodden had been on the Montreal Comedy Festival, and Madigan had been on the USO Comedy Tour and World Comedy Tour prior to being on Last Comic Standing.

Performances on Last Comic Standing have made a huge difference in many of the performers' careers.

I think Jay may have known LCS was going down the tubes at his roast. He was overwhelmed for a while that well beyond the impact of the staged roast.

Announcing the results during 90 minutes of Father of the Pride is such an insult to the show and the viewers.

I haven't yet seeen the finale, but I understand that Alonzo and Dave probably had the best performances. John was weaker than usual. It will be interesting to see if Dave can break the Season 1 voting curse. Unfortunately, if he did, it just points out the illogical way the finalists are choosen and how the monetarty awards were divided along the way.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-04, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
I hate that we can invest our time in a season of a show and the networks will drop them on a dime. How can TAR, Survivor, and the Appentice show the same show twice a week yet others can not finish the season that they hooked you into.

Playing It Straight comes to mind.

tvjunkie 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-07-04, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvjunkie Click to send private message to tvjunkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
This all around just stinks. It is a stinky thing to do to the comics.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
Well I'm not watching "Father of the Pride". So I guess I will just come here to find out who wins LCS. Pretty sad.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-07-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
I'm with you Loree. I won't watch "Father of the Pride" - I found the first 10 minutes of the premiere were more than enough for me. I, too, will find out who won here.

Very unfair to the winning comic - who deserves credit for surviving NBC's stupid changes that mangled this show.

Go Dave Mordal!!
PhoenixMons Masterpiece

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
I did not watch this season of last comic standing but had been following who was voted off via this board and liked the last 4 comedians so much that I had planned on watching the finale. What a dumb thing to do......play out the entire season of a show just to cancel it right before the finale airs. What morons........no wonder NBC is doing so poorly in the ratings this season!

10-07-04, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sue Click to send private message to Sue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Last Comic Standing Cancelled?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-04 AT 07:13 PM (EST)

There's another article:
http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4835.art&page=1

Apparently, we can phone or fax NBC in an effort to get them to change their minds. They might do the announcement on The Tonight Show or my strong preference would be to replace a half hour of Pride with a half hour results show.

LastComicStanding@nbc.com

or for NBC

nbcshows@nbc.com

Phone: 212-664-4444
Fax: 212-664-4426

If you call, state that you wish to make a complaint and you’ll be switched over to an automated comment line.

RNO recommends being polite.

I complained last night night right after I found out about the cancellation.

I feel sorry for Jay Mohr. The announcement could really make a difference for Alonzo, Dave or Rich as they haven't won one of these. I also think the additional publicity could help Heffron if he won #3 as well as #4.

Although I felt sad that Ralphie wasn't also a finalist, I think we picked 4 excellent finalists, and I'd like to see the winner's happiness.

10-07-04, 08:08 PM (EST)
9. "Ratings for Tuesday's episode were horrible"
According to Reuter's, LCS came in 4th behind Gilmore Girls. Only 5.7 million watched according to preliminary figures.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/va/20041006/109712472600.html

It's possible some people figured they'd watch the debates rather than vote and decided not to watch the show if they weren't going to vote.

By the way, I don't see The Biggest Loser as a good lead-in for Father of the Pride and Scrubs. I could be wrong.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •