The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-06, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Tyler and Paula are back to introduce us to the cast members. Let's talk about them here!

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... batts 11-01-06 1
 RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... batts 11-01-06 2
   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... volsfan 11-02-06 3
       RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... batts 11-02-06 4
           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... volsfan 11-02-06 5
   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... reealiteefan 11-05-06 15
       RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... batts 11-06-06 16
           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... reealiteefan 11-20-06 23
               RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-20-06 24
               RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... volsfan 11-20-06 25
                   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-21-06 26
 RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... batts 11-02-06 6
   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-02-06 7
       RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... volsfan 11-03-06 8
           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-03-06 9
   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... flipxcyd 11-12-06 22
 RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... HobbsofMI 11-03-06 10
   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... volsfan 11-03-06 11
       RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... HobbsofMI 11-03-06 12
           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-03-06 13
               RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-05-06 14
 RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... deweydrop 11-08-06 17
   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-08-06 18
       RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... volsfan 11-08-06 19
           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... HobbsofMI 11-09-06 20
           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-10-06 21
               RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... FlowerChild 11-21-06 27
                   RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-21-06 28
                       RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... volsfan 11-21-06 29
                           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-21-06 30
                       RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... FlowerChild 11-22-06 31
                           RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... DaveThe Dude 11-22-06 32
                               RE: The Real World Denver Preview S... WickedOne 11-23-06 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-01-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
A gay guy who wants to be straight..... Hmmmm , where have I heard that before? Hmmmm let me think.....
*batts ponders, head cocked, and eyes turned up*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-01-06, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Tyree... A huge black man, formerly gang member, now holding black belts in Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Hoochie Koo, now with a bad disposition, and hundred pound chip on his shoulder....
on the Real World Denver. Makes Karamo look like
Little Bo Peep!

11-02-06, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
BWAHAHAHA! On Little Bo Peep! You crack me up.

So, are the two white guys the gay guys? They didn't show that much of the swimmer (is it Alex) except that he was making out with every girl he ever thought about meeting.

*waves* to batts.

11-02-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
*waves to Doc*

Alex is the white guy that's a swimmer and likes kissing Jenn and Colie. He's wild and crazy, but wants to party with the girls without getting serious. He talks about "being who I am" and not caring what other people think, but nothing was said about him being gay. Hmmm... *ponders*

Davis is the straight/gay guy, that dates girls.

but I'm with you Doc.... my first impression of him (Alex) was beyond 'wild and crazy'!

11-02-06, 05:14 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
I was reading somewhere the other day that there are two gay guys in the house again this time. Maybe MTV is trying to surprise us all with a NO WAY HE IS GAY type thing. hhhhmmmmmm

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-05-06, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
>Tyree... A huge black man, formerly
>gang member, ...with a bad disposition, and
>hundred pound chip on his
>shoulder....
>>

O-KAY!! I can see the racial stereotyping starting already. Tell me, in what way is a "huge black man" different from a "huge white one"?

11-06-06, 06:28 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
A huge black man is ... a black guy that is HUGE.
A huge white man is ... um... a white guy that is HUGE.

Thats the difference in this specific description.

Hi reealiteefan, and welcome to the Real World Forum.
I want to point out that I do my best to describe the person, so that other people in this forum can relate to which one is which. I'm sorry you had a problem with the way I specifically described Tyrie,
however........

I also notice you didn't remark on the way myself or others related the white guys with being gay. We are no more stereotyping all white guys as 'gay' as I am stereotyping black guys as huge.

If you will read further down, you will notice that I did not refer to the other black guy..... Stephan... as HUGE, now did I? Do you want me to tell you why? Because he is not. I described him as a black conservative republican Christian. Which is what makes him unique.

What makes Tyrie unique is that he is basically a bad @§§, black belt, huge black guy, ...... and thats just the way I see him, as he was portrayed on the show intro...

If you wanna play the race card, there will probably be plenty of time to do it as the show progresses.

Meanwhile ... welcome to the Real World forum.

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-06 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

Batts, your analogy between a man being "huge" and black and a man being gay and white makes absolutely no sense. If a man is gay, that's an objective fact of his sexual identity. Being gay becomes a slur only in the minds of bigots. As for being black, and having a certain body type, that, too, is not down to anyone's choice. Being black and "huge" are non-issues. It's personifications such as yours that feed into the white personification of black men being threatening and intimidating just for existing.

If this young black man -- or anyone -- were a genuine threat he wouldn't have been cast on the show.

And FYI, I've been on various forums for about a year, give or take. So your playing welcome wagon is a little too late -- and unnecessary.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-20-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
I disagree. Being huge, Black, an alleged Black Belt in some form of Martial Arts, an admitted former gang member, and being very ANGRY is definitely something to be concerned about. The reason: Anyone who is huge, angry and trained in fighting is a concern. The fact that this guy was in a street gang and was quoted as saying something like, "I've done some things I'm not proud of," is a concern. The fact that he is angry and possibly (probably) has a temper is a concern.

BUT, the part of all this that will be taken as politically incorrect is this: When a White commits a crime against a Black, people are quick to call it a "hate crime." The reality is that Blacks commit crimes way out of proportion to their numbers. Though only 13% of the population they make up 55% of the prison population.

They also commit crimes against Whites at a far higher rate than Whites commit crimes against Blacks. William F. Buckley wrote an article a few years ago quoting crime statistics for 1989. He said there were over 10,000 cases of Black men raping White women. In the same year the number of White men that had raped Black women was less than a dozen.

So, my point is that if anyone expresses their opinion of being worried about the "huge Black guy" on the upcoming season of the Real World, it probably has alot less to do with racism and alot to do with the unfortunate reality of recent crime statistics. If this guy gets through the season without any "incidents," I'll be amazed.

11-20-06, 05:52 PM (EST)
25. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
If this young black man -- or anyone -- were a genuine threat he wouldn't have been cast on the show.

Being a threat is exactly why they cast him...IMHO. MTV is known for putting people together to cause drama just look through the years. They have almost always had someone that doesn't like gays with a gay and/or someone that has never been around black people with black people.

Being black and "huge" are non-issues.

I guess this is true in your mind but I understand where batts is coming from.

And FYI, I've been on various forums for about a year, give or take. So your playing welcome wagon is a little too late -- and unnecessary.

WOW...just wow! Why so sensitive about a friendly gesture?

11-21-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Good points, Vols!

11-02-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Jenn cheerleader for the Oakland Raiders for a few years.

Colie President of her sorority, from New Orleans, showed her walking through N O wrecked abandoned houses... a year! after Katrina.

Alex Swimmer, from Houston, wild and crazy guy. Doesn't care what people think of him, he is who he is. You just watch, he's gonna kiss Davis midway thru the season!

Davis Gay guy that wants to be straight! Knew of his predicament when he was in the 6th grade. His mom prayed over him.

Stephan from Sacramento CA Straight conservative black republican guy. Very Christian oriented. There's gonna be an old can o worms waitin to be opened up again....

Brooke Nashville TN Sexually active girl at age 14, "I wanted to do it, so I did it!" Sexually active ever since, but "I'm not a slut." ..... oh, ok... sure whatever...

Tyrie Omaha Nebraska Has a reputation as 'anti-white'! He says he's not anti-white... cause... he likes white women! Ex-gang member, now a martial arts black belt in Tai Kwon Do, and ready to Whop Yo @§§!
Proud to be best in Martial Arts
Proud to be good in bed
This guy already comes off as racist to me.

11-02-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Well, as Batts and Vols wave body parts at each other, poor ole Dave sits here waiting patiently for the new season to begin. More wine!!!!!

11-03-06, 06:58 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
*waves* at Dave!

I am waiting with you Dave butt I think I am going to get upset with some this season...I guess I will have to wait and see.

*passes more wine Dave's way*

11-03-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Dave fiendishly gulps more wine, slobbering along the way, and thanks Vols.

This upcoming season looks like it might have the potential for fireworks. Some of these seasons are very blah, with the whole cast just morphing into one uneventful blob of so-so boredom. I have always liked it better when there are people on the show you distinctly like, respect, have sympathy for, find interesting, or loathe. If there's going to be a large angry male on the cast, we'll end up sympathizing with him, or wanting him shot at sunrise. This could be pretty neat (or bloody)!

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-06, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Just thinking to myself here, but where exactly in Sacramento do you find a black, conservative, republican? Where, oh where? Maybe nearby in Placer County or maybe in Folsom, but in Sacramento? I'm just rackin' my brain right now! LOL

Any locals care to comment?

Survive or Perish
An arkiegrl sig

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-06 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

Ok...so I'm home sick and caught this show....

Is MTV looking to be sued? I mean they have picked the 7 craziest people on the earth to put into a house. They just want to top Las Vegas.....

Place your bets on how many people will be sent home and who for fighting with each other.

My bets is 3: Tyrie, Brooke(I think that's who was going after Tyrie on the bus in the preview) and Davis. And no cheating by going to spoiler boards...lol....

I mean you will have 2 angry black men, one angry gay man, and one crazy girl who's messed up from when she was 8.....loses her virginity to an 18 yr. old cocaine addict? One black man hates whites and the other hates gays.....and a gay guy who's trying to be straight.....

Noticed that they are all over 21 this time...and I think two are 24....wonder if the lawyers finally got the underage drinking is a no no threw B/B.....

If this goes down as it looks I think: 1. They've sunken to an all time low. 2. This maybe the last one because who is going to want to host 7 crazies in their town.

Edit: oh..and can Tyler and Paula be any more full of themselves? Paula keeps making fun of herself so I'm thinking the whole thing was just a freakin act....and Tyler honey....you are not all that.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

11-03-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Hobb, I don't about this being the most f*cked up cast yet. The last couple have been close. Paula is a nut job pure and simple.

I am looking forward to seeing how this all pans out and I think you may be right on the fighting.

WOO and HOO!

11-03-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
The last couple of cast had one or two crazies....this one seems to have 6....LV had 4.....so I think their going for the record...

11-03-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Maybe Paula was pretending alot. After all, she definitely looked to be sly and lying out her back side most of the time she opened her mouth in the Confessional in Key West. I don't trust or believe most of what she said or will say in the future.

As far as the Denver cast maybe being the most messed up yet, it sure seems like there is great potential for it. BUT! This will either make it very interesting or just plain very annoying.

11-05-06, 00:25 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
I re-watched the preview for the upcoming Real World season in Denver. The ex-cheerleader seemed like she is gorgeous and comepletely full of herself. Hopefully she'll drink alot and become a frequent exhibitionist who has lots of sex (we can hope, right?).

I got a kick out of the large Black guy. So he's a Black Belt, eh? His kicks were slow and VERY sloppy. Must be a crappy Dojo he belongs to.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-08-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Tyler and Paula just can't act...can they?

But, I'm sorry...watching Tyler do high-kicks just cracks me up every time.

Bunch of crazies on this season...I'm really getting too old to watch this crap...but still I get sucked in.

11-08-06, 07:11 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Sometimes I think I'm too old to watch this crap too. But then every morning I say to myself, "Gotta crap some time!!"

11-08-06, 09:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
I bet I am older than the two of you and I still get wound up in this madness! Every season I say I won't watch again...here I am.

More wine?

11-09-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
S/A check.....lol.....

11-10-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
21. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Well Vols, I betcha my rocking chair is cooler than yours!

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-06 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

What a fun little discussion we have going on here!! I haven't joined in because I missed the preview show. BUT...I watched a lot of it on Overdrive last night. Gotta catch up before the 30+ episodes of the new Real World start this week. (like we really need to have it play THREE times tomorrow night)

So Batts...you're stereotyping big black guys now, hey? *snark*
Tyrie is a big bad ass, but I don't think he's as angry as we think. We'll see I guess. I may eat my words. I watched his interview on Overdrive and he doesn't seem all that bad. He likes the BOOTY! I agree with Dave though - his kicks were sloppy - black belt? Hardly. Maybe that was an old video.

Oh...and where was the conversation about the girl who looks pregnant in one of the previews - and what was the scene with one of the girls laying in a hospital bed crying? Interesting. Very interesting.

All this talk about two gay guys....I agree that it could be Alex...OR who knows...maybe it'll end up being Tyrie? I feel bad for the white Baptist guy. I can't believe his parents have just thrown him away like that. That really must be hard on a person....I can't even fathom. For him to date girls as if to try not to be gay.....is just sad. Not pathetic sad, but sad sad.

I'm really looking forward to this season. LOTS of good drama. Cheerleaders, Republicans, Gay guys that date girls, panic attacks, and a couple of Christians that need to find a church. GOOD DRAMA. ETA: And sluts that claim they aren't sluts.

Oh...and Dave...and Vols...for Christmas I'm going to get both of you new rocking chairs. And wine.

And Batts - so you don't get left out, I'll get you a rocking chair too.

So far...the girl from Jersey is my favorite.

11-21-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Rocking chairs and wine are a dangerous combination - especially for wild geezers like Vols and I. Are you ready for the carnage that might result?

A new season of the Real World!! Yahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-21-06, 08:37 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Well Dave, as you get a little older you will learn how to juggle the wine and the rocker chair! Thanks for the gift Flower.

I am so excited that we are within 24 hours of a new season! Bring on the idiots!

11-21-06, 11:52 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Idiots! IDIOTS!! Just what the worlds now - MORE IDIOTS!!!!

In all seriousness (did I just use the word "seriousness??") I think this upcoming season will be different than the others. I think it might be part Las Vegas, and part San Francisco.

I'm goin' back to my rocker. You know, the one with the intravenous wine option built into it.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
Ok...Dave...for you? I will buy some old wrestling mats...we'll keep that under your rocking chair.

Gotta keep Dave around for this new season...can't have him falling off his rocker!

11-22-06, 09:40 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"
This is great! This is hilarious! I'm in a rocking chair, drunk out of my mind, hooked up to the wine IV, and the fellow posters are worried about me falling on my complaining little head! If only I had such compassion at work!!

More wine!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WickedOne 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-06, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WickedOne Click to send private message to WickedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The Real World Denver Preview Show Discussion 11/01/2006"

Takes foot and flips Dave over backwards just for laughs..mmmff,snicker..

Looks like a veddy veddy interesting season.They're obviously ALL disfunctional.Perverbial slut,Southern Bell,gay guy,ignorant judgemental guy,*supposed* hottie,macho black guy & clingy ditzy girl.
Bring on the popcorn~

Beyond This Place There Be Dragons!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •