The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-06 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I almost forgot the show started today. Let's chat it up.

Looks like everyone started out individuals but then they divide into teams. Looks like Freshmeat vs. Real World Key West (pretty much)!

Edited because obviously it shouldn't have read "this today".

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... arkiegrl 10-13-06 1
   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... FlowerChild 10-13-06 2
       RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... nazpink 10-13-06 3
           RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... realitytvwatcher 10-13-06 4
       RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... arkiegrl 10-13-06 5
           RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... volsfan 10-13-06 6
               RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... FlowerChild 10-13-06 7
                   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DaveThe Dude 10-14-06 8
                   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... arkiegrl 10-14-06 9
                       RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DaveThe Dude 10-14-06 10
                           RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... volsfan 10-14-06 11
                               RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DaveThe Dude 10-14-06 12
                                   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... niki12 10-14-06 13
 RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... maryellennaco 10-15-06 14
   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DaveThe Dude 10-16-06 15
 RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... AshLanie 10-16-06 16
   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DaveThe Dude 10-16-06 17
 RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DeltaPin 10-17-06 18
   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... FlowerChild 10-17-06 19
       RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... volsfan 10-17-06 21
           RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DaveThe Dude 10-17-06 22
               RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DeltaPin 10-18-06 23
                   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... FlowerChild 10-19-06 24
 RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... eire_heart74 10-17-06 20
   RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... DaveThe Dude 10-19-06 25
       RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: ... maryellennaco 10-19-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Is it wrong that I lvoed, lvoed, LVOED! seeing Tina punch Beth?

Did anyone happen to go to mtv.com and catch the aftershow? Tina was the guest, and she was ripping on everyone! I was LMAO the whole time.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-06 AT 11:39 AM (EST)

I didn't have time to go to overdrive after the show, but I will!! Does Tina actually get kicked off??

No, it is not wrong that you LVOED seeing Tina punch Beth. What IS wrong is that Tina didn't get a good clear shot. I would've enjoyed seeing a little of Beth's blood. Is that wrong?

I can already tell that CT is going to drive me insane. I just want to punch him. Who died and made him God anyway? Blech.

And Tyler - WTF were you thinking? Oh wait...you were thinking about how scared you were to go up and loose against any of the other guys...so you copped out and picked John. NOT cool Tyler. NOT COOL.

They say this is a Dual - meaning that it's up to each individual - but there are TONS of ways an alliance will help. At least up until the end.

Oh...and excuse me if I'm about to sound totally insensitive - but seriously - do you think any of those girls were going to eliminate Diem...after her dramatic removal of her wig and her survival story of chemo? If Diem floats through this challenge because nobody is insensitive enough to send the 'girl with cancer' home...then I'll have to stop watching because it's lame. Kina let her win.

Kina - I don't like you either. Do you always have to be so dramatic?

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I agree with you Flowerchild. I knew no one was going to target Diem during that challenge and probably won't do a duel with her for some time. I guess the thought is all nice and fuzzy but if I was Diem I would also hate it. I wouldn't want anyone's pity especially the idiots on this show! I also want to say that I was expecting Diem to pull off her wig and see a mainly bald head with bits of hair, but when she took it off it wasn't bad at all. I thought Diem actually looked quite nice with short hair, so hopefully she will come to feel comfortable with it and forget all about that wig.

I too wasn't upset at seeing Beth get punched....I don't love Beth but I do love having her on the show just because it gets the others steamed and the tiny immature part of me can't help but see fun in that. I do however roll my eyes at the girls who whine about Beth whinning that everyone's out to get her when it's true. The woman are all out to get her so why care if Beth whines about the obvious?!

C.T. has never been a favorite of mine. I find him to be very arrogant and rather annoying. I'm glad Mark retired so I don't have to witness yet another one of his Robin relationship dramas.

As for Tyler, I don't if he chose John just because he felt more comfortable and I don't care it may actually be a good move. Tyler, John, Svetty, and Paula are rookies and from the same season...bam! automatic targets. By Tyler picking John it could actually be a good move in saying yes I am a rookie and I am here with those from my season but I am not committed to them and I'm ready to play. I don't know if this was at all his reason but it could be a good move. Oh, wait....it probably won't matter because these people are too immature to actually come up with a good strategy, they would rather go on popularity.

realitytvwatcher 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-13-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I'm just getting tired of Beth staring into the t.v and telling us how scared everyone is of her and blah blah blah. Same old stuff each challenge she's on. Okay, we get it Beth, you're the "bad girl" on the show. No one likes you. Next challenge, Tonya will be on instead of you and she will be the "bad girl" that no one likes. We know the pattern now okay.

Did anyone else think the men's dual challenge was weak? Lifting the side of a cage of watermelons? I know 30 watermelons were not that much but I don't think its going to be that hard even if someone chooses 300 watermelons. They only need to lift one side of it. Will they really have enough watermelons on hand if someone says "500"?. They could come up with something better than that I would think.

Yeah, I think Diem is going to get the sympathy card for awhile which is really unfair to her and the rest of the girls. She's a pretty good competitor and it may be regretted in the end. Obviously you want to kick out the best, not keep the best like in the past competitions.

10-13-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I know that the rules are if you get physical, you're out, but I would have sworn that I saw Tina in one of the clips for the upcoming stuff this season.

I'm hoping that we see Beth with a black eye next week.

I agree, they gave that competition to Diem.

10-13-06, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Well, I don't know how many peeps read the rumors that Flamingcactus posted a while back but they had Tina going home early for hitting Beth...hhhhmmmm

10-13-06, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
See Vols...I did read that, but like Arkie, I swear I saw Tina in a preview....

who knows...maybe this isn't the only time we get to see Tina punch Beth. Maybe she gets a warning this time and maybe she really beats beth next time??

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-14-06, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Well, CT is still the same old arrogant, unhappy, and ready to explode goof he was in Paris. We shall see how long he lasts before he blows up at someone and starts screaming like a lunatic. Remember how much of a violent temper he had in Paris?

John definitely messed up in the final challenge (or whatever they call it on this show). Tyler easily lifted those few watermellons. John really blew it!

Beth is, I think, the designated a-hole of MTV semi-fame. She is like the player on a hockey team that goes out to pick a fight. They should just ignore her because she is an attention whore who needs a foot up her rear end. Oh wait, she might enjoy that....

I still don't trust Diem. Besides the fact that she is facially ugly - with or without hair - there is something inherently evil about her. And no, I still don't believe anything she says.

10-14-06, 09:19 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
There's one other thing that makes me think maybe she doesn't get sent home. When I was watching the aftershow on Overdrive, the way Tina and what's-his-name discussed the issue made me think she didn't have to leave. They just kind of danced around the issue. So I don't know.

10-14-06, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Maybe the bruiser Tina, fake lips and 20 heavier than last show, missed so badly with her punch that they let her slide. I mean, if she really connected against that evil monster, shouldn't she get some kind of medal or something?

Robin (San Diego) is looking pretty hot on this show. I doubt if she'll win this season, but I hope she does well.

Same with Svetlana. I wonder what she'll do the first time she breaks a nail - or gets a personal hygene product stuck somewhere? Hmmm.....

Wes looks better without the Mohawk haircut. I get a kick out of him, of all people, complaining that others are obnoxious and/or stupid. I guess his mirror broke years ago.....

10-14-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Robin (San Diego) is looking pretty hot on this show.

You just like the floatation devices...no?

Same with Svetlana. I wonder what she'll do the first time she breaks a nail - or gets a personal hygene product stuck somewhere?

Skinny will dig it out. WHAT?

Wes looks better without the Mohawk haircut. I get a kick out of him, of all people, complaining that others are obnoxious and/or stupid. I guess his mirror broke years ago.....

BWAHAHAHAHA! I think it did break years ago. At one point, I liked Wes butt his stupidity has really shown through in the past couple of shows.

I finally blogged

10-14-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Actually, I prefer flotation devices that are real. I mean, with those fake things, you have to worry about getting bamboo stuck in your gums. Ugh!

niki12 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-14-06, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niki12 Click to send private message to niki12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
i didn't get a chance to see the previews for the rest of the season, but i bet the beth sends herself home saying that she doesn't feel safe there with tina, unless someone saw beth in the previews for the rest of the show then i could be wrong

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Man, I thought they had an age limit on these participants!! Beth must be 35 years old by now!!! I guess there's some kind of rotation going on with the "beyotch" factor.. We have Beth, Coral and Tonya... Am I forgetting anybody?? And they're ALL over 30! HAVE TO BE!! My gosh, if you're not a "star" by NOW, GIVE IT UP ALREADY!! DAW's all.
As far as Tina TRYING to punch Beth, well that looked pretty lame to me. Did she even connect?? Hard to tell.
I think they did give it to Diem but I must admit, for someone battling cancer, the girl is tough! JMHO

10-16-06, 01:27 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Good points! Beth looked pretty skanky when she first appeared years ago. Now she looks downright putrid! At least Tonya is fairly decent looking. Maybe there should at least be an age limit for those who are so rough on our eyes!

I still don't trust Diem. She's performing too well to be all that sick. Plus, she is obviously playing up the sympathy angle - which is not fair!! She has them conned into taking it easy on her, and that's just plain wrong! This is a comopetition, not a pity fest.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
>LAST EDITED ON 10-12-06
>AT 10:22 PM (EST)

>
>I almost forgot the show started
>today. Let's chat it up.
>
>
>Looks like everyone started out individuals
>but then they divide into
>teams. Looks like Freshmeat vs.
>Real World Key West (pretty
>much)!
>
>
>Edited because obviously it
>shouldn't have read "this today".

Well, i watched the previews (Previews seem to show what will be yhappening all season) closely and it seems Tina doesn't get kicked off.

And if she doesn't I would like to know why considering a male a while back got kicked off for just spitting at someone.

As for her punching Beth, well, Beth controlled Tina very well in that situation.

10-16-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Give Tina a Guillotine, show her how to use it, and put her and Beth in the same room for a few hours. Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-06, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I miss Veronica.

10-17-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
19. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I don't.

10-17-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I don't either

10-17-06, 11:20 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I agree with Vols.

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-06, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Aw come on, she was so much better at playing the b*tch, & at times when she had to step up & do good in challenges she did. Beth & Tina are just horrible on so many levels.

10-19-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
>Aw come on, she was so
>much better at playing the
>b*tch, & at times when
>she had to step up
>& do good in challenges
>she did. Beth &
>Tina are just horrible on
>so many levels.

Well Delta...you do make a darn good point. I just always have an uncontrollable urge to strangle Veronica. For some reason I can just laugh at Beth.

Veronica was such a downright manipulating little bitch of a thing.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Surprised it didn't happen sooner for either party involved. Beth has really enjoyed playing the evil one in the last few of these shows. Tina runs her mouth ALOT!

I have to say the previews where priceless. Beth really looked stunned stupid. They have a close up shot on her face where there was a cut the size of a freckle. Please! Some of the preview looks like Tina has to go and I will be really surprised if she was allowed to stay. Will Beth pull another "i'm going to go home I don't feel safe" move? She's gotten rather good at that hasn't she.

Props to Diem for owning up and ripping off that wig and going for it! It's a shame her winning moment was tarnished by some catty ##### fest of a fight though.

10-19-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
I still think that Tina, miserable and hostile as she is, should get a medal for whapping Beth. Too bad there wasn't a hammer or a Samurai Sword available.......

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Duel Episode 1 Discussion: 10-12-2006"
Or even if Tina had gotten in a better POW! than she did. Give that Beth a black eye or SOMETHING!!! I almost LMAO when the medics were working on that "freckle" cut of hers. BLEECH! I really cannot stand her!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •