The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Key West Discussion Thread 08-08-06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Key West Discussion Thread 08-08-06"
Another week and we have the roomies just waiting with some great drama. Let's see what the idiots have for us...let's talk about it.

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 OH.MY.HECK! volsfan 08-08-06 1
   RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-09-06 2
       RE: OH.MY.HECK! volsfan 08-09-06 3
           RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-09-06 4
               RE: OH.MY.HECK! FlowerChild 08-09-06 5
                   RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-09-06 6
                       RE: OH.MY.HECK! slickeronstate 08-09-06 7
                           RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-09-06 8
                               RE: OH.MY.HECK! volsfan 08-09-06 9
                                   RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-10-06 10
                                       RE: OH.MY.HECK! FlowerChild 08-11-06 11
                                           RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-11-06 12
                                               RE: OH.MY.HECK! slickeronstate 08-12-06 13
                                                   RE: OH.MY.HECK! volsfan 08-13-06 14
                                                       RE: OH.MY.HECK! slickeronstate 08-13-06 15
                                                           RE: OH.MY.HECK! volsfan 08-13-06 16
                                                               RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-13-06 17
                                                                   RE: OH.MY.HECK! volsfan 08-14-06 18
                                                                       RE: OH.MY.HECK! slickeronstate 08-16-06 19
                                                                           RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-16-06 20
                                                                               RE: OH.MY.HECK! slickeronstate 08-16-06 21
                                                                                   RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-16-06 22
                                                                                       RE: OH.MY.HECK! slickeronstate 08-16-06 24
                                                                                   RE: OH.MY.HECK! volsfan 08-16-06 23
                                                                                       RE: OH.MY.HECK! DaveThe Dude 08-16-06 25
                                                                                           RE: OH.MY.HECK! batts 08-17-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-08-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "OH.MY.HECK!"
Have we finally made it through this season? Were the previews for the ending actually for next week's show? Have my prayers been answered? Will Paula ever eat again?

ANSWERS...I WANT ANSWERS!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-09-06, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Calm down Vols! Calm down! I think it's true - we really have survived the season! Freedom!! Freedom!!

I was hoping that Svetlana would learn a few things and grow during the season. After seeing her act like an annoying, spoiled rotten rich kid brat when her "boyfriend" came to visit, I am convinced she has learned nothing. Some poor schmuck (probably a lame duck dentist) will marry her and be miserable to the end of his days. Ugh!

I still think that when Janelle pulls her hair back she is downright ugly - besides being alot less smart, worldly, mature, or attractive than she so obviously thinks she is. I don't know what would be worse, dating Svetlana or dating Janelle. At least with Svetlana her body parts are real. Plus, I don't think Svetlana is, at heart, a mean or nasty person. Merely young, spoiled and irritating. Janelle, I think, when you carve away the makeup, thick hair and fake hooters, really is a mean person. I mean, despite her lectures to others about being kind and forgiving, look at how she treated her "boyfriend" last week. Now THAT'S mean!
I still like Zach and John.

08-09-06, 06:40 AM (EST)
3. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Some sleep has helped me calm down Dave...thanks! I am going to have let this sink in for a few hours first.

08-09-06, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-06 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

I still say that when Paula is giving her "confessionals," whether she is talking about herself, her parents, her "boyfriend" or whatever, she always has this smirk of dishonesty on her face. Does anyone else sense this when looking at her when she speaks in the "Confessional?"

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-09-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
I totally missed last weeks episode so I'll have to back on comment on Vols' old thread.

This week? Eh. I'll be glad when it's over. I wanted to choke Svet when she and Martin were at the restaurant. For cryin' out loud - let him pay the bill you whiney beotch!!!

Well, we all know Paula is NOT cured from her insanity....since her recent run-in with the law...so I pretty much ignored everything she said last night. She'll always be Paula Walnuts. Sure...she's slightly better - but that's only because she quit drinking so much. She's still mental.

08-09-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
6. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Beotch! Beotch! Svet's a sweaty Svetty!

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-09-06, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Seems Svet's bf's name is Marin not Martin. All along I simply thought she had a bad accent.

Janelle has to hold her head down. When she speaks it bobbles all over the place. She also speaks in a clearly pretentious - not articulate manner.

Was the second birthday cake that much better looking than the first. The girl specified fudge frosting with white trim - not hot pink!

08-09-06, 07:14 PM (EST)
8. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Is it my imagination, or did Svetlana's "boyfriend" speak with a Russian accent?

08-09-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
It is not your imagination. Ty even mentioned something about her Russian boyfriend.

08-10-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
10. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Is he really that adept at handling Svetlana, or is he just such a loser that he will put up with anything to stay with his first girlfriend? Hmmmm......

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-11-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Interesting take on things Dave...I think you may be right. Who knows. How old is he? Do we know?? I don't think Svet is a bad person. Spoiled? Yes. Annoying? Yes. But...again...SHE IS ONLY 20!! Most 20 year olds are just like her...well...maybe not AS spoiled.

Svet IS hot though.

08-11-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
If "most" 20 year old people are anything as spoiled, annoying, inexperienced, self-centered and lazy as Svetlana then this country is in BIG trouble.

08-12-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Marin seems to be of average socio-economic background. He took the bus to see her - sure he is afraid of flying, yet during the time his father was dying, he found a cheap airline ticket for Svet online which would require her to take a bus to the Miami? airport. She was very dramatic about having to take a bus. Either her folks will find her some Israeli immigrant wanting a green card who is a dentist, or she will end up with someone like Marin - a typical 21 year old without and education or gainful means of employment.

I am intrigued by Janelle and her boyfriend (I forgot his name). He arrived with his LV travel bag and another bag and when she booted him out of the house he tried to get a room at the Hilton? but it was full. Now unless that was bag bought on a street corner (doubtful), and he didn't really call around for hotels - he seems to be a man of means.

There are actually wealthy black families. Being Jewish doesn't necessarily mean one is a princess. Janelle acts like one though....

08-13-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
14. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
or she will end up with someone like Marin - a typical 21 year old without and education or gainful means of employment.

I am not so sure this is the case. How did you come to the conclusion that he has no means of employment or has no education? Martin paid for dinner and came to visit...I don't think there is anything pointing to facts of being unemployed or uneducated.

08-13-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
15. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-06 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

Earlier, I heard it being was suggested Marin drove a BMW and was in law school. He did not appear to be of above average income or education - yes, I am taking a huge leap in this description. He was pleasant and yes he paid for dinner.

Perhaps, what I may have better observed is something I often see evidenced on these reality shows - pretentious affluence. It was Svet who demonstrated very lowgrade behaviour with her dramatic and rude tossing of her money to pay for the meal. He said no, and yet she could not accept this and respect him.

She often speaks of money. She was the "princess" who had to be flown home to be with Marin - which her father financed. Her father runs a pharmacy - I don't know if he is a pharmacist or not but overall it seems she is middle class.

She is nothing close to being a princess that many assume she is. She has a potty mouth and does not seem to possess any finesse. Her mother sounded just as ill mannered as her daughter.

08-13-06, 07:28 PM (EST)
16. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Earlier, I heard it being was suggested Marin drove a BMW and was in law school. He did not appear to be of above average income or education - yes, I am taking a huge leap in this description.

I am not arguing with you as to whether he is a student or not because to be honest...I just don't remember. This season seems to have spanned 3-4 years in itself. However, if Martin is in law school then I would say that he isn't financially set for life unless his parents are well off. Students tend to be some of the most struggling groups of people due to their work status.

Also, if Martin is in law school...he isn't crazy (if he is making good enough grades to stay in school).

08-13-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Well, Svetlana must be overly impressed that he is in law school and drives a BMW. For spoiled people with an attitude like hers, can anything else be of more importance?

I'm telling you all (not that I'm lecturing or anything!) but of all the people on the RW this season, the person who stood to gain the most from this experience and the person who seemed to end up gaining the least were one and the same - Svetlana. She seems to be just as immature, just as shallow, just as pampered, just as annoying as the first day of the season. I don't think she's learned a thing, I don't thinik she's grown one iota as a person, and I no longer hold out any hope that she will ever change. She will be daddy's little girl, overly impressed by money, status and possessions (like the BMW), lazy, irritating, immature and close minded for the rest of her days. Some poor schmuck doctor, lawyer or dentist will be blinded by her ethnicity, her nice face, above-average body, and great hooters, and will make the mistake of his life by marrying her. She'll spend the rest of her days spending the poor guy's money and finding every reason imaginable to complain about everything. I've met people like her and they're horrible.

08-14-06, 06:59 AM (EST)
18. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-06 AT 07:00 AM (EST)

Well said Dave...I agree totally.

However:

I've met people like her and they're horrible.

I would classify Svet as being whoreable...no?

BTW: I am going to combine the next to last episode and the finale in the upcoming summary this week.

08-16-06, 05:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
She demonstrates no indication that she is affluent. She is all talk and quite crass. Anyone with an iota of class would not toss their money around at dinner.

I am guessing RW pays to have the significant others come to visit and foots the bill of the meal. It was entirely overkill of her to toss her money around the way she did.

She tends to exaggerate. I don't think he is in law school or drives a BMW. He could drive a 1982 BMW that is rusted and be in pre-law - that rings more legitimate than her embellishments.

His name is Marin not Martin!

08-16-06, 08:02 AM (EST)
20. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
>She demonstrates no indication that she
>is affluent. She is
>all talk and quite crass.
> Anyone with an iota
>of class would not toss
>their money around at dinner.
>
>

You've got to be kidding me. She acts EXACTLY like a spoiled rich brat would act. She has daddy's Visa card to spend and she probably has never had to re-pay a dime of what she's spent. Her parents have their own company (which Svetlana tried to say she helped start up on the first or second show) and she acts the way she does because has obviously has gotten everything she ever wanted. She's just a pampered, spoiled brat. And she's going to stay this way forever. She can't deal with frustration precisely because at home all she has to do is a little whining and she will always get her way. She is a monster with an attitude that probably can't be fixed. She is like a football player with bad knees: Damaged goods.

08-16-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
21. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
First off - Svet - she is the child of new immigrants who started a business. Not professionals but a store owner.

Marin was described by his own girlfriend as being incapable of conversation - this from a "law student" ?

Doesn't appear either are of above average means. We are not talking a Paris Hilton here!!!

08-16-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
22. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

>First off - Svet - she
>is the child of new
>immigrants who started a business.
> Not professionals but a
>store owner.
>

I did not say they are as rich as the Rockefellers or Bill Gates. But they obviously have money. Just because they were immigrants does not preclude them from having a good deal of money. We don't know how much money they brought with them from a very corrupt place like Russia. They might well have brought a bundle with them. It is wrong to assume that since they came here from somewhere else that automatically makes them starving immigrants. And besides, wasn't their "store" actually a medical supply business? That's not exactly a corner grocery.

>Marin was described by his own
>girlfriend as being incapable of
>conversation - this from a
>"law student" ?
>
Most lawyers have to be good convesationalists if they spend any time in court. A lawyer who does not know how to speak willl usually not be very successful. Now, if he was something really slimy like an engineer, THEN I'd be suspicious of him being able to hold a conversation. Svet did indeed make him sound like a uneducated, sheltered person, but he seemed reasonably ok to me. It sure is interesting that she described him so poorly to the roomies. What's her angle? The way she treated him at that restaurant was horrible.

08-16-06, 10:31 PM (EST)
24. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
That is my point. She did not act like someone with any sort of finesse (finances notwithstanding...).

Her mother sounded like some pogram survivor. She had a potty mouth on her the day Tyler tried talking to her on the phone.

Marin will soon leave Slutty and she will be searching the green card bride ads ....... wait and see....

08-16-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Doesn't appear either are of above average means. We are not talking a Paris Hilton here!!!

You have said "average means" a couple of times now...does it really matter? Seriously, Svet is as spoiled as anyone I have ever seen on this show...whether we consider her parents rich or not...they have a spoiled rotten brat on their hands.

I don't really care how well off Martin is either...he isn't anywhere as spoiled as his little bitch of a girlfriend.

08-16-06, 11:08 PM (EST)
25. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Goodness Vols, calm down! You sound like your blood pressure just shot up!

More wine!

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-17-06, 03:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: OH.MY.HECK!"
Vols..... you messed up the little stair steppy thing that was goin on ....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •