The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-06, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Let's talk about the drama here.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-28-06 1
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... leeva_aguilera 03-29-06 10
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 03-29-06 11
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... batts 03-28-06 2
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-28-06 3
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... batts 03-29-06 4
           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-29-06 5
               RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 03-29-06 6
                   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 03-29-06 7
                       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 03-29-06 8
                           RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 03-29-06 9
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... MamaDubs 03-29-06 12
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 04-01-06 13
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... volsfan 04-01-06 14
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... Elaine0 04-02-06 18
 RE: The Real World Key West Episode... pixilicious 04-01-06 15
   RE: The Real World Key West Episode... DaveThe Dude 04-01-06 16
       RE: The Real World Key West Episode... nazpink 04-02-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-28-06, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
I know that our pal, Svetlana, is young, spoiled, naive, and kind of a pain in the rear end, but I kind of feel sorry for her. I mean, the rest of the crew is usually fairly rotten to her. Now, some of this is deserved, but I hope this Key West crew doesn't over-do it with the "tough love" stuff. I hope Svetlana learns from all this, but it would be a shame if all she got out of this experience is bitterness.

Are these people actually spending some of thier time working and not drinking 24-7?!?!? Goodness, how can they survive? Oh, wait, that was the San Diego, Phiooy, Paris and Austin seasons.....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

leeva_aguilera 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

03-29-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leeva_aguilera Click to send private message to leeva_aguilera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Hey everybody, i'm a newbie here and on my behalf, i'd like to say how excited I am to be joining this forum.

I kinda thought the whole manager thing could've been handled a lot better. I mean, I really felt bad for Svetlana, but then again, she really does'nt seem like she would be the best, only because she's always so emotional. But then I also think that their whole decision was very PERSONAL. I don't care if Tyler and Janelle say's it's not, because it is, and it's so obvious. I do however think that Zach will do a good job, but that remains to be seen. I kinda would've wanted Jose to be the manager, only because he seems very level headed.

03-29-06, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Welcome leeva_aguilera! Feel free to join us...we are always happy to see new peeps. Just be sure and check out our guidelines in the top right hand corner of the the site!

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-28-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
What I can't figure out is ... WHY anybody WANTS to be the manager. Don't they know that the responsibility of organization, scheduling, discipline, mediation, customer care, sales, (oh my gosh .... the list goes on and on.....) ULTIMATELY falls back to the managers position. Can you imagine Svetlana confronted by an angry big momma because her skin broke out in hives after the tanning treatment. Is the MANAGER getting paid more than the others in this job?

03-28-06, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Good points, Brother Batts. I think Svetlana demanded that position out of ego and a desire to "prove" that she was not just a spoiled youngster (which is mostly is). Whether it pays more I don't know (did they ever state this on the show??).

Did Svetlana ever say whether she had gone to college? I mean, if she is only 19, what - if anything - was she doing before she went off to Key West? Was she really managing her parent's business? I find it hard to believe that a 19 year old with little or no college would be managing a company. What do you guys think?

I still think she has beautifull eyes and a pretty nice shape. As they say, I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crackers. Well, maybe if she wouldn't shut up......

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Whether
>it pays more I don't
>know (did they ever state
>this on the show??).

It does in the REAL WORLD... in some cases. For instance, a salaried person at a major retail organization with over 6000 stores will make less an hour compared to clerks at the cash registers, and stock persons, because they will spend more time at the place of business, doing recordskeeping (not necessarily treasurer duties) like recording sales for the day, profit margins, payroll, buy card, customer counts (in order to project employee-to-customer necessity), and .... this is only a partial list. The manager is the go to person when the computer gets a glitch, the printer stops working, or the tanning guns won't spray. Everything comes to a screeching halt when the cash register stops working, a customer falls, a visit from the Florida State Health Board, or any ONE of a number of things that can go wrong, DOES. What they have to do after they get home, in a lot of cases, goes beyond bedtime. There really is a lot to running a business, family owned or major retail. What actually goes into a family business, boggles the mind.

03-29-06, 07:31 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
So, in other words, Batts, you feel the same way as I do in regard to Svetlana's claim that she "managed" the family business of her parents. She probably worked with her parents, and maybe had some responsibilities, but actually managing the entire business? Probably hogwash, no?

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-06, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
I don't know what Svetlana's exact skills are in managing or if she even has any but I agree with the cast on having Zach do the job. Even if Svetlana has the managerial skills I wouldn't be confident that she could seperate house matters and work matters, which is what I think the biggest concern was. Obviously, the situation of being manager is far different because of the fact that these people live together and pretty much are around each other 24/7. Svet clearly wanted the job because it was a power position and she wanted to prove herself yet her actions proved that she is immature. The way she talked to Zach and made him feel was a shame considering he has been a friend to her and to threaten to leave if she didn't get what she wanted was absolutely childish. Thank God she didn't leave because Svet + Tyler = drama!!!!! I do hope that the cast doesn't spend the majority of their time in the house "discipling" Svet though.

It was also nice to see that these people actually have more to them then just drinking and acting beligerant, which is something we see all the time with past seasons. They all seem pretty committed and hands on with getting the work going (which is a rarity for this show) and Tyler is out and about doing actual activities and taking advantage of the experience. Yay to this season's cast!!!!!

So, when are we going to start to see more drama with Paula? She has been pretty low key lately.

03-29-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Something I forgot to add in my first post was when Svet was shown standing by her open bedroom door with a box of tissues. At first I thought that she was simply eavesdropping to hear what others were saying about her then I thought why the box of tissues? She didn't seem to be crying that bad when they showed her standing there nor did she look like she had been pouring her eyes out before. So, I started to think maybe she wasn't exactly eavesdropping but maybe she was listening to hear if anyone was coming up the stairs that way she would have had time to jump into bed and start crying her eyes out so people would come in and comfort her. Maybe my thoughts seem a little bit too conspiracy theory but considering the subject I wouldn't doubt it.

Another thing I forgot to add was Svet's phone conversation, at the end of the show, with her boyfriend. She was whinning about how she really wanted the manager position and didn't get it and was now stuck with doing the financies when she can't even add (I'm assuming this was an exageration for her way of saying she stinks at math). When she said this I thought back to when the financies position was the only position ready to do at the beginning of this whole business process and how much Svet jumped on it. My opinion is that when Svet wanted to do the financies it was due to the fact because it was a power position to do at that time but the minute the manager position came up and presented more power she wanted that. I can see what the cast was saying about Svet's true intentions but now I can see it even more.

03-29-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
"Nazpink" makes a good observation. If Svetlana really "can't even add," then how could she possibly have been a manager of a hotdog stand let alone an entire business???

And maybe Nazpink is also right about why Svetlana was standing by the doorway - dry eyed - with the tissues in her hands. I bet she really was waiting to jump into bed, put on a show, and then bask in the "glory" of having the others slobber all over her with words of kindness and understanding.

Hooters and beautiful eyes only go so fay - I think she might end up making me sick before the season is over. Goodness, I hope I don't end up loathing her like I have some of the others on past seasons. Ugh!

03-29-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Sorry Dave, but it's looking bleak. Maybe Svet will open her eyes to her behavior and to the real world (kind of hard to believe that this would be the setting to do it but what the heck) or she will remain bratty. Guess which one I'm banking on?

MamaDubs 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

03-29-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MamaDubs Click to send private message to MamaDubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Check out this site for recent updates and opinions
http://mamadubs.blogspirit.com/

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-06, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
I finally got to watch this show last night and agree with the opinions about Svetlana. She is so used to getting her way and threatening if she doesn't get it. The others were right not to pick her. I cannot see Svetlana handling everything that needs to be done as a manager. As someone on the show said, it's her way or nothing. She doesn't know how to compromise. First she threw a fit when she thought they'd sell art. Then she wanted to do the finances. Now she doesn't because she there is a bigger glory job. It wouldn't have been long before there was something she didn't want to do as a manager. Can you just imagine her sitting there at the desk crying her eyes out because she as manager had to work because the others had plans? Every customer coming it would have to hear her sob story about it being unfair that she's stuck working.

I've liked Tyler all along and applaud him joining the swim team and having outside interests. In the clip on Overdrive last week about meeting the girl at the bar, it seemed Zach wants the same thing. For once we have people that want to interact with others outside the house. The only times we've seen that lately were to hook up with someone. There was the blonde from Philly, Michelle?, that went to her secret bar, but then everyone else in the house had a problem with her going off on her own.

Most of the people in this house seem to feel it's their responsibility to tell Svetlana what is wrong with her. I'm sure Svetlana is going to continue to be upset about not being manager, but having an intervention where everyone yells at her isn't very kind. She's hurt now and feels nobody likes her. Having 6 people point out your flaws doesn't help that. Can't John, Zach or Paula quietly talk to her?

I am enjoying them getting the business started. It is not riveting television, but a refreshing change from spending every night in the bar. Now we have Tyler getting up at 5:30 to swim. When's the last time someone got up at 5:30 AM, except to puke from all they drank the night before? How would the Austin gang have handled showing up for work every day? But maybe MTV caused that problem. There wasn't much motivation for that gang to do anything except party.

For any TAR fans, does the company guy (can't remember his name) remind anyone of Bill of the Guidos from TAR1?

04-01-06, 08:36 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
I have a feeling that it doesn't really matter what is going on Svetlana is going to bitch, groan and complain that her life isn't worth living. Seriously, for her...it's all about HER.

I too am enjoying this season far better than say the last 4 combined. It is refreshing to see these "grown up" kids living a "real" life.

I have thought all along that sugar daddy was a cutie but now that you have compared him to Bill of the Guidos I have crawling skin! YIKES! I had not thought of that but now I can see it.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Sorry Vols, the Guidos are a bad memory for most of us.

pixilicious 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-01-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pixilicious Click to send private message to pixilicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
I can't help but wonder if there is some clause in Svetlana's contract that says she <b>must</b> cry at least once in every single episode. I don't feel sorry for the girl at all. She's a spoiled drama queen who has apparently been sheltered by mommy and daddy all her life. Now she is getting her first taste of the real world (no pun intended), the world where mommy and daddy aren't there to shield her from reality and she has no idea what to do.

Between her and that anorexic chick who also cries on pretty much every episode, they never need worry in Key West about a drought. Those two could cry an ocean in less than a week.

04-01-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
Well, let's face it, reality can be a tough pill to swallow for some people.

As far as Svetlana maybe faking this or that, or maybe doing things like crying because MTV wants her to, well, I don't know about that. In her Confessionals she seems genuinely confused and mystified about reality and why she is not getting her way like she is used to back home. Either she truly is spoiled, clueless and confused, or she is one hell of an actress. I mean, talentless "actors" like Tom Cruise, Kevin Costner, or numerous others have never - and I mean NEVER - been so convincing in any scene ever as Svetlana is when she is in a Confessional expressing confusion and frustration. If she's faking it, or if this is a set up, then she is an unrecognized acting genius.

04-02-06, 01:09 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The Real World Key West Episode 5 Discussion 03-28-06"
I doubt she fakes the confussion. I wouldn't doubt it however if she sheds a couple of fake tears to get others attention. It would be nice to see Svet get it, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •