The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

idiotlosermom 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotlosermom Click to send private message to idiotlosermom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Rumor has it they are going to Detroit, situated in the suburb Royal Oak and cast members will work on the Super Bowl.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... HobbsofMI 05-26-05 1
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... xafiuqe 10-26-05 43
       RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... volsfan 10-27-05 48
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... SxPxAxCxExDxOxG 05-29-05 2
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... volsfan 05-29-05 3
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... KLinDC 06-10-05 4
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... missygirl3 06-13-05 5
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... volsfan 06-13-05 6
       RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... missygirl3 06-15-05 7
           RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... volsfan 06-15-05 8
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... alg0419 06-24-05 9
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... chuto10 08-09-05 10
       RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... xafiuqe 10-26-05 42
 Update... HobbsofMI 08-11-05 11
   RE: Update... xafiuqe 10-26-05 44
 Well, let's throw Key West into the... bighair 08-11-05 12
   RE: Well, let's throw Key West into... batts 08-11-05 13
       RE: Well, let's throw Key West into... HobbsofMI 08-12-05 14
           RE: Well, let's throw Key West into... DaveThe Dude 08-12-05 15
               RE: Well, let's throw Key West into... HobbsofMI 08-15-05 17
               From MI Amez 09-29-05 29
                   RE: From MI DaveThe Dude 09-29-05 30
                       RE: From MI zacollin 03-01-06 70
                           WARNING - zacollin Bebo 03-01-06 71
                   RE: From MI detroitzoomzoom 12-02-05 65
       RE: Well, let's throw Key West into... bighair 08-13-05 16
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... shenanigans 08-15-05 18
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... DaveThe Dude 08-15-05 19
 Key West.... HobbsofMI 08-31-05 20
   RE: Key West.... volsfan 09-01-05 21
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... joejasmine 09-01-05 22
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... celinedion1 09-02-05 23
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... LoveDosXX 09-03-05 24
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... FlowerChild 09-07-05 25
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... manna03 09-22-05 26
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... FlowerChild 09-26-05 27
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... HobbsofMI 09-26-05 28
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... laker_27 10-11-05 31
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... FlowerChild 10-18-05 35
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... SoQuickWitIt 10-12-05 32
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... jaylaw81 10-15-05 33
       RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... SoQuickWitIt 10-18-05 34
           Condo deal confirmed for Royal Oak? HobbsofMI 10-27-05 46
 New Article in Oakland Business Rev... Golden327 10-20-05 36
   RE: New Article in Oakland Business... michaeldh8 10-20-05 37
       RE: New Article in Oakland Business... DaveThe Dude 10-23-05 38
           RE: New Article in Oakland Business... volsfan 10-23-05 39
               RE: New Article in Oakland Business... DaveThe Dude 10-23-05 40
                   RE: New Article in Oakland Business... volsfan 10-23-05 41
               RE: New Article in Oakland Business... xafiuqe 10-26-05 45
                   RE: New Article in Oakland Business... volsfan 10-27-05 47
                       RE: New Article in Oakland Business... FlowerChild 10-27-05 49
                           RE: New Article in Oakland Business... HobbsofMI 10-27-05 50
                           RE: New Article in Oakland Business... xafiuqe 10-27-05 51
                               RE: New Article in Oakland Business... volsfan 10-27-05 52
                                   RE: New Article in Oakland Business... xafiuqe 10-28-05 53
                                       RE: New Article in Oakland Business... volsfan 10-28-05 54
                                           RE: New Article in Oakland Business... xafiuqe 10-28-05 55
                                               RE: New Article in Oakland Business... volsfan 10-28-05 56
                                                   RE: New Article in Oakland Business... DaveThe Dude 10-28-05 57
                                                       RE: New Article in Oakland Business... xafiuqe 10-31-05 58
                                                           RE: New Article in Oakland Business... HobbsofMI 10-31-05 59
 PICTURES: Detroit the next Real Wor... DetroitWonk 11-17-05 60
   RE: PICTURES: Detroit the next Real... HobbsofMI 11-21-05 61
       RE: PICTURES: Detroit the next Real... batts 11-21-05 62
           RE: PICTURES: Detroit the next Real... HobbsofMI 11-23-05 63
 RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... Miss_trendy_ 12-02-05 64
   RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... FlowerChild 12-05-05 66
       RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... FlamingCactusIT 12-05-05 67
           RE: Is Detroit the next Real World ... FlowerChild 12-05-05 68
 Real World Detroit on craigslist? DetroitWonk 01-18-06 69
   RE: Real World Detroit on craigslis... HuckleberryHound 03-20-06 72

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The city is bad enough with out RW here.

created by Syren, bouncy by IceCat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

xafiuqe 8 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xafiuqe Click to send private message to xafiuqe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
THANK YOU!!!! At least somebody here has a brain.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Welcome to the forum but please feel free to read the guidelines with the link at the top of the page. The site allows bashing the idiots on reality shows but we don't bash each other!

SxPxAxCxExDxOxG 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-05, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SxPxAxCxExDxOxG Click to send private message to SxPxAxCxExDxOxG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I thought it was gonna be Texas.

05-29-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Texas is the next one...meaning it is being filmed now and coming close to ending. That show will begin airing within the next 6-8 weeks.

I think the rumor that is mentioned in this thread is the one that will be filmed in the fall/early winter and will not air until 2006.

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-10-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I'm just surprised they didn't have a DC edition during the presidential elections and have them work for with the campaigns.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-13-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I thought that the next season was going to be Atlanta. Could be wrong.I just hope that we dont see anymore "international" locations. London and Paris were the worst!!! Wouldnt it be cool if they did a "rural area or tiny town" Real World???

06-13-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I'm not so sure Philly and San Diego were any better than London and Paris. They all four sucked. JMHO!

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-15-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
sorry, volsfan. I was without cable/satellite for awhile, so I missed Philly and San Diego. I just hope they redeem themselves this season. Nothing compares to the original!!

06-15-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
so I missed Philly and San Diego

Be thankful...very very thankful!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

alg0419 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alg0419 Click to send private message to alg0419 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I have heard this sae rumor. I am from the subarb you spoke of Royal Oak. What i have heard is that they are going to believing in a loft which is right near downtown R.O. and they are currently building. I have always said that R.O. is a perfect real world setting it is a bar town with alot of young people who flock to these bars.

chuto10 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chuto10 Click to send private message to chuto10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I have heard the same rumor from numerous people in michigan. I Live in Royal Oak and it is the best town in michigan to host a Real World show in michigan. They should have come during the Dream Cruise, But royal oak is the best setting with tons of bars and young people.

10-26-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xafiuqe Click to send private message to xafiuqe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't you people understand that Royal Oak is a cluster *bleep* as it is?????? It takes almost 20 minutes to go up Main from 696 to 12 mile as it is now, and that's without all the construction. Now there's going to be MTV & all the crap that it entails taking over??? I will admit that if they go around the city, it will be good for the businesses. On the other hand, it will be hell for the rest of us that have to deal with it, which will end up keeping us away. I've talked to a lot of other people from the city about this too & all have agreed that the only ones who want the show here are the idiots that just want to be able to say "I was there when they were taping that" like it's some big freakin' deal. To those people I say that if you want fame, go out and do something productive with your life. It's bad enough that the damn yuppie population has taken over Royal Oak, MTV being there will just make it worse!!!!

08-11-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Update..."
Local TV stations are reporting its ATL, DC or Detroit. Yes, they have been looking at some of the new lofts in Royal Oak but nothing is signed. Royal Oak businesses and the city are not so keen on the idea. They interviewed one bar owner and said he would never allow them in and sign off for it because all they do is cause trouble.

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

10-26-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Update..."
Any chance you know what bar or owner? Please let it be Nick... I'd have to kill him if he let them into my world.

bighair 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bighair Click to send private message to bighair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Well, let's throw Key West into the mix"
There was a 2 paragraph article in my local paper yesterday reporting that, per MTV, the 17th season will be in Key West, with filming this fall, and airing early 2006.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-11-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Well, let's throw Key West into the mix"
thats what I heard too... Key West! Hey Bighair;.. where you been? We missed you!

08-12-05, 02:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Well, let's throw Key West into the mix"
Key West during huracane season....we'll see them all get blown away....

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-12-05, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Well, let's throw Key West into the mix"
So, Detoit might be the next place for the Real World? Hmmm. Well, I can see that many people would be appalled that the Real World show will be in a place as horrible and ruined as Detroit. HOWEVER! This might potentially be a GREAT place for the show. Detroit is a city with huge problems and lots of poverty and crime. It has also been a mismanaged mess. The job of fixing years of mismanagement and urban bufoonery will be a BIG challenge.
If the Real World crew gets a job working with rehabbing buildings, or with counciling (sp?) the army of chronically unemployed (and unemployable) people that reside in Detroit's vast slums, then this season could be great. Rather than the cushy (and waaayyy toooo easy) "jobs" that they had in some cities (such as San Diego), then the "real world" aspect of this show might finally provide us with lots of real life situations. I mean, having a bunch of green kids deal day in and day out with the poor, the disaffected, and the hopeless, it would be a HUGE eye-opening experience for them. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But is it is yet another season of camera hogs like Mel, basket cases like Frankie, or lazy bums like Ace, then I'll probably just stop watching the show. I can only stand so much of this constant drinking, stupidity, camera hogs, drama queens, late sleeping, and foolishness.

08-15-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Well, let's throw Key West into the mix"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-05 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

I would bet they would not show Detroit in that way or do anything "normal" for a job let alone work with or within the city itself except for the Super Bowl.

The city they are looking at is Royal Oak - 30 bars, 20 restaurants and a few shops now. Use to be really mixed with a lot of art studios/galleries/etc. It became the trendy area so prices for rent went through the roof and many had to leave.

So it will be the same old same old Real World. Go to the bar, get drunk, and make out/get laid by anything and everything.

Amez 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amez Click to send private message to Amez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "From MI"
First of all, you obviously have never ventured out from under your little rock into any other major city. I live in a suburb of detroit and it is so annoying that people stereotype the entire city along with it's suburbs. Yes, I agree that most of Detroit is not so nice, but if you care to drive less than 15 miles north you will end up in the 2nd wealthiest county in the United States. And as far as the Real World goes, if it even is filming here, it's in Royal Oak, NOT Detroit. Royal Oak is a nice city, just like all the other cities the real world goes to, bars, resaurants, 20 somethings hanging out on the weekends. The areas surrounding the city of detroit are upscale, not slums like you say. And even if we are talking about Detroit, there are very nice neighborhoods there too. Maybe you should do a little research on an area before sterotyping it by hear-say.

09-29-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: From MI"
Ok, let us clarify: Royal Oak and some of the areas north of Detroit - like Walled Lake and Waterford - are indeed very nice (I know this because I have been to this neck of the woods numerous times to visit a friend). But, the vast majority of Detroit is a stinking, ruined, ghetto-infested, disorganized & poorly run, high crime disaster. Other than East St. Louis, Illinois, Compton & Watts in California, and much of the South Bronx in NYC, Detroit is one of the worst cities in the entire nation. As numerous urban studies experts have written, Detroit is a perfect example of virtually everything that can and has gone wrong with an American city. To say that Detroit is not that bad is simply to deny reality.

The point is, why put the next Real World season in yet another affluent part of town near a cluster of bars, and then make it worse by giving them all the same easy, mindless job? This will inevitably give us yet another boring season where all they do is drink alot in loud bars, sleep late, complain all the time, and exhibit buffoonery. I still say, put them in or near Detroit, and give them a job dealing with inner city people or inner city problems. THAT is Detroit's Real World.

zacollin 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 04:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zacollin Click to send private message to zacollin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: From MI"
okay.. wait... did you seriously just say that "Walled Lake and Waterford are indeed very nice" THAT MAKES NO SENSE. Walled Lake and Waterford are not very nice, they are in-fact full of white-trash. Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Birmingham, Grosse Pointe, Indian Village, Farmington, Troy, Rochester, Auburn Hills... and yes, ROYAL OAK are extremely nice areas... all within 30 minutes of downtown Detroit.

I'm sorry, but most of the metro-detroit area is not a "stinking, ruined, ghetto-infested, disorganized & poorly run, high crime disaster". MAYBE 15% of the actual metro detroit area is poor and ghetto-infested... Extremely less than PHILLY, NEW YORK, CHICAGO, MIAMI, LOS ANGELES. Get your tourist opinions out of this message board, Detroit doesn't need people like you with their heads stuck up their A**es.

Oh, and look at how WE did with the Super-Bowl... Yeah, forgot about that one, didn't you. Last I checked, it was rated one of the NICEST LARGE EVENT CITIES IN THE WORLD.

Maybe you should spend a little less time at the strip clubs on Woodward Ave, and a little more time at the DIA (One of the best art-museums in the world) the NAIAS, Ren-Cen Winter Park, Casinos, Nightlife, Bars, Restaurants (some of the best in the nation, including Tribute (#4 world wide), The Lark (#16 world wide) and many other amazing places in the city.

...Oh, and just incase you were wondering... i am From Bloomfield Hills (the 2nd Wealthiest town in the NATION, wealthier than BEVERLY HILLS, CA... and guess what... its 10 miles from '8 mile')

...stop stereotyping...A**HOLE

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "WARNING - zacollin "
Please read our community guidelines. Calling other posters names is not permitted here.

detroitzoomzoom 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail detroitzoomzoom Click to send private message to detroitzoomzoom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: From MI"
Yes, Detroit is so great that all the wealthy move out of the city and don't give one damn about it. They complain and stay away and all gather together in Birmingham and Bloomfield Hills where they can be wealthy and stuck up together and argue about whether Gucci is better than Prada. Then their kids grow up and move to Royal Oak where they can all wear their American Eagle t-shirts with the collars up, and the jeans with the holes pre-made into them to make them look "vintage", because as wealthy as they are, they prefer to look like they're trendy yet up-and-coming instead of already up and just continue to move along on their parents money.
Then there's downriver, where the people who can't afford this luxirious lifestyle move to get out of Detroit. They become the "white trash" of Detroit.
Yeah, Detroit is just great. I've lived here my whole life and the only good thing I can say about it is, "it's home." Unfortunately.

bighair 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-13-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bighair Click to send private message to bighair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Well, let's throw Key West into the mix"
*waves to batts*
I did find it a little odd, though, that the article's source was MTV, yet there is nothing mentioned at MTV.com. Maybe they are waitng for Austin to be over before making an official announcement?

shenanigans 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shenanigans Click to send private message to shenanigans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I think they need to come back to New Orleans!!!!!

08-15-05, 08:11 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I still want them to go to Vienna, Prague or Budapest one of these years. That could be great. Why see more of the same boring, unimaginative rubbish every year?

Hey, I've got an idea. Why not have them in some wild town on the French or Adriatic Riviera? They could work at a nude beach. MTV could air that season on a pay channel. Well, it was just a thought.....

08-31-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
20. "Key West...."
Thank god.....not here....

09-01-05, 07:28 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Key West...."
Yeah, I was going to post this as well. I think Key West is a good place for Real World...we will see.

joejasmine 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-01-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joejasmine Click to send private message to joejasmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Just saw this link, looks like Key West to me. http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1004411

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-02-05, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celinedion1 Click to send private message to celinedion1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I read that article yesturday and I think it's Key West too. I would love for them to do a real world in vinice Italy or Rome ( i think that's where the leaning tower of pizze is, my mind just went blank).

LoveDosXX 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LoveDosXX Click to send private message to LoveDosXX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
It is going to be in Key West, supposedly. I saw an article in the newspaper, some rich guy is trying to stop the filming right now because he says the bright lights MTV uses around the house are causing disruption for his family life, and he does not like his house in any of the scenes. I think he is suing MTV.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-07-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-05 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

Click HERE for an article all about Key West and the crabby neighbor.

ETA: I can't speel.

The lack of Karen commercials make me sad.

manna03 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail manna03 Click to send private message to manna03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Key West confirmed for next Real World

As reality blurred first revealed nearly two months ago, the next Real World will be filmed in Key West. This will be the second time the series has been shot in Florida.

The actual house will be on Key Haven, slightly north of Key West and outside the city limits. According to The Key West Citizen “the cast will work and play in Key West.” And the paper confirms what I first reported, that “the Pineapple Gallery on Duval Street was in the running to be the production site.” Producers instead chose a location in Key Haven, “the upscale enclave a couple miles north of Key West.”

Production will begin soon, “during the final months of hurricane season when the islands are much less frequented by tourists,” the paper reports. But if a hurricane does come, the cast “will uproot their world and leave real fast, with camera crews capturing the chaos every step of the way.”

MTV coming to … Key Haven?

posted August 5, 2005 + link to this post

09-26-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
We got it, thanks.

09-26-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Well...they got what they wanted...Rita chased them out of there I bet.

laker_27 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail laker_27 Click to send private message to laker_27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
NO..the next Real World will not be in Detroit. If you have been to the blog its been reported that they are in keywest.

10-18-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Yea...see...Laker...had you read the actual messages, you could've figured out that we are already aware that they are NOT in Detroit.

Next time you should read the entire thread...not just the 'subject' line!!

SoQuickWitIt 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SoQuickWitIt Click to send private message to SoQuickWitIt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Rumor here around the detroit area that it's in royal oak MI. which is a sweet spot i must say, tons of bars and clubs, but a big Gay area. and i also heard that the workers will be on Super Bowl Committie. and this is not internet buzz, this is street buzz. i live in detroit. Also i tried out for this season, that'd be interesting to make it on living in the same city. they'd never put it in the heart of detroit city tho, too ghetto. someone would get hurt there, for real.

jaylaw81 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jaylaw81 Click to send private message to jaylaw81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Just so everyone knows..the realworld is filming in royal oak. Heard this from someone who works at mtv. I was in Royal Oak last night and people have said to seen the crews walking around as well.

SoQuickWitIt 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SoQuickWitIt Click to send private message to SoQuickWitIt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
They havent started filming it yet. the deadline of the tape submission was oct 10th. im sure they havent even picked the cast yet.

10-27-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
46. "Condo deal confirmed for Royal Oak?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-05 AT 08:02 AM (EST)

The building they leased is not even done yet...won't for another 6 months....so "if" and I hope they don't come here then it will be next year during the summer.

Is Royal Oak Ready For MTV's 'Real World?'

I know that they have a tight schedule because I approved the plans for it here at the county.

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

Golden327 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Golden327 Click to send private message to Golden327 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "New Article in Oakland Business Review"
This was published in the October Issue of the Oakland Business Review, a Detroit based newspaper...

Viacom leases space in Royal Oak

Media giant Viacom INC. Leased 8.812 square feet of space for its MTV Network in downtown Royal Oak, according to a release from Signature Associates - ONCOR International.
The deal lends credence to a rumor circulated for months that MTV may base a Super Bowl related season of its reality show, "The Real World." in the eclectic suburban town.
Detroit hosts Super Bowl XL in February.
The space is in the Main North development, which is under construction on Main Street, near 11 mile Road.
Signature, a Southfield-based commercial real esate firm, represented the landlord, Joseph Freed and Associates LLC, in the deal. The Lease is categorized as office space.
Neither Signature no Viacom returned calls from the Oakland Business Review by press time.
Illinois-based Freed is developing Main North, a new mixed-use redevelopment project. The first phase of the project is planned to open in spring 2006 with 70,000 square feet of retail, 28,000 square feet of office and 273 residential units.
The project is being billed to prospective residents as three separate options - Main North Lofts, 94 Two- and Three-bedroom loft homes; Main North Terraces, a 176-unit condominium building; and luxury condominiums Main North Residences.
Main North is one of about a dozen condo developments planned, under construction or recently completed in the downtown Royal Oak area.

Sorry if there were any typos, I just typed it without really looking at the screen and I don't feel like proof reading..

hmmm, could Key West be one filming, and perhaps Royal Oak Another? or perhaps they are fooling us with Key West...

michaeldh8 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-20-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michaeldh8 Click to send private message to michaeldh8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
If anything it may be the followup to Key West.

10-23-05, 00:57 AM (EST)
38. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
Key West, Detroit, Detroit suburb, Outer Slobobia. It doesn't matter, does it? I think it is clear by now that MTV's The Real World is going to be the same mess next season as it was this season, and the season before that and the season before that one. They will cast idiots, drunks, drama queens, sex fiends, nitwits and illogical buffoons, and all of them will fit a clearly scripted, preconceived formula that some jerk in a suit has concocted. No matter where they put the next show, if they cast it the same, package it the same, and film it the same, it will suck just as much next season as it has for the past five or seven years.
Only a few short years ago I knew lots of young people who watched the show. Now, no one I know other than me watches it. The reason? The show is now dull, uneventfull, and predictable. Goodness, MTV, show some brains and change the old and tired format. If not, just cancel the darn show and stop this torture.

10-23-05, 08:43 AM (EST)
39. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
You are preaching to the choir my friend and I agree with you...who cares where the next set of losers are going to be?

10-23-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
40. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
Well Vols, since we continue to torture ourselves by watching this, well, torturous stuff, what does this say about us? I suppose if we all really feel that MTV has mismanaged the show into the ground, maybe we should just follow the rest of humanity and just stop watching it. Each week I sit there in front of the TV waiting patiently for something interesting to happen, but it rarely does. Each week I hope that one of the cast members will inspire me, or impress me, but all they ever do is disappoint me. You'd think that maybe one of these weeks I'd wake up and stop wasting my own time. After all, there is paint drying on the walls that I could sit here and view......

10-23-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
41. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-05 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

I am giving serious thoughts of not watching next season. I am however looking forward to the new challenge coming in the next week or so...isn't it?

ETA: I just looked it up and it starts next Monday (Halloween).

10-26-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
45. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
I CARE!!!! I don't want to have to deal with that where I live!

Message to MTV - LEAVE ROYAL OAK ALONE!!!!!!!!!

10-27-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
47. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
Deal with what? A few teenagers with cameras following them around? What is the big deal?

10-27-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
49. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
yea..what Vols said....
You don't want to deal with what?

How will the Real Worlders affect your every day life? Will you be one of those people who hate the Real Worlders? Will you throw stuff and swear at them when they are walking down the street? What's the big deal?

Don't be a hater.

Sure, the RWers are a bunch of nitwits, but why would that ruin Royal Oak? C'mon.

10-27-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
50. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
It seems like there are people in Detroit that want it and don't....

I'm sure MTV won't show the real Detroit but only the bar life and who knows where they will work. Drew and Mike want them on their radio show so they can make fun of them all morning and make them get there at 5 am. Like that's going to happen.

Me...I don't want them but if they come I'll get some pictures for everyone...but I don't think I'll be the stalker that Batt's was.

10-27-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
51. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
I'm asked how it will affect my every day life - Let me see...I've lived in Royal Oak for years, I go through downtown Royal Oak every day, and I work for a shop that is just off Main Street. Have you ever been here? I know the city - what it was, what it is, & what it's going to become. Do you know what a cluster *bleep* the area is already? Especially in downtown Royal Oak where they want to set up shop? The city used to be a haven for the artists & non-conformists who actually had something positive to contribute to society. Now it's getting overrun by a bunch of corporate yuppies, wanna-be posers, and other people that just don't get it. They think that the area is "tres cool", too bad that they don't even know why. We don't need any more people like that here. There is very little room to move around, even less parking, and currently there are 3 developments going up in that specific area. Downtown is too crowded now as it is, MTV coming in will just make it worse. As for the question will I throw stuff and swear at them when they are walking down the street? Umm... No, because I'm mature and don't do the whole "Watch me get on TV" thing. I'd probaby turn & run from the horrors of it all. Basically all I'm saying is that my friends & I don't want what we stand against and consider a waste dump in our backyards. How would you like it in yours? As for being a hater - no, I'm not. I just live in the REAL "real world".

10-27-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
52. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
I have always wondered why local peeps didn't like MTV bringing their cameras into their city to film. Locals have started fights with the kids just because they are there due to MTV.

Sounds like Royal Oaks already has problems that some that have lived there for a while doesn't like by this:

Do you know what a cluster *bleep* the area is already? Especially in downtown Royal Oak where they want to set up shop? The city used to be a haven for the artists & non-conformists who actually had something positive to contribute to society. Now it's getting overrun by a bunch of corporate yuppies, wanna-be posers, and other people that just don't get it. They think that the area is "tres cool", too bad that they don't even know why. We don't need any more people like that here.

So, you are judging the kids that will live in the house before they ever get there?

But this I don't understand:

There is very little room to move around, even less parking, and currently there are 3 developments going up in that specific area. Downtown is too crowded now as it is, MTV coming in will just make it worse.

Ok, the construction company that will work on the house will be the most people at/in the house at any given time during the MTV experience. The construction company will park on the lot of the house and MTV doesn't give the housequest cars...so less parking isn't going to be a factor here. MTV won't have more than a couple of representatives on site for the actual work and then the 7 that will be filmed. How much space can they take up?

Basically all I'm saying is that my friends & I don't want what we stand against and consider a waste dump in our backyards.

What do you stand against here? You are against TV cameras, kids living together or reality TV? What exactly is compromising your beliefs?

What is going to be the waste dump?

I seriously don't understand what is so bad about this. I certainly would have nothing against MTV doing this in my town and personally I think this city would embrace it and put pride into showing our city on a national scene. (maybe this is what you don't want and I don't understand that).

10-28-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
53. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-05 AT 12:45 PM (EST)

First of all I am not judging the kids from MTV. I am stating fact in regards to people from surrounding cities that come here when there are different events held. MTV will attract more of them, hence the mention of parking & little space as things stand now. From the sound of your post, you obviously have never been here. Let me give you an idea of downtown Royal Oak.

http://www.visitdetroit.com/cm/attach/D3D6FA79-7398-49E1-B3FF-BF56AF21E816/royaloakmainst

This photo was taken at one of the city's few down times & is less than a block south from where Viacom leased space on Main St.
As you can see, the city isn't a metropolis. It is a small town atmosphere with many independently owned specialty shops that have lofts above them. That combined with the night life that is abundant, makes people flock to the area. MTV's presence will only increase that number of people, cars, etc. because of the idiots with the "We are going to hang out there and to try to get on TV" mentality.

Just so you can try to understand where I'm coming from, here's an example of things that I stand against - sellouts (something that MTV creates a lot of) - Royal Oak is full of musicians that can blow away more than 90% of what MTV plays ad nauseam. When these local musicians have tried to get signed to a major label or (dare I admit) played on MTV, they were basically told "Sorry, you don't fit the mold. Change your music style and/or look and maybe we'll talk". There are so many underground bands around here that still care about real music and what it means, that they refuse to compromise themselves for the paychecks. One of my main beliefs is being who you are and standing up for what you believe in - and everyone who has a problem with it can *#^@ off.

As for the garbage dump comment - MTV is the epitome of 'garbage' music (I'm not referring to Shirley Manson's band) and it's basically getting 'dumped' in our laps.

I've mentioned before that it may be good for the businesses. On the other hand, it may just make things worse for them. About 6 months ago, Wife Swap did a show with a punk family from Royal Oak. They came into the shop that I work for. Thankfully I wasn't there at the time, but unfortunately for her, my best friend was working. The production crew took over, pretty much closed down the store to actual customers & spent almost 2 hours in the store filming and whatever else they do. We were thinking that at least there will be some exposure for the shop - WRONG! When the show aired, there was only a 3 second cut to the daughter holding up a dress. The only way that we could even tell it was our store was because we were looking for it, and some of the things hanging on the wall in the background were familliar. So really, there was nothing in it for the shop at all and it was soooo not worth the trouble.

If you have no problem with MTV coming in and turning your home upsidedown, I say more power to you. As a matter of fact you could even do both of us a favor - get them out of my town and into yours.

10-28-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
54. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
We have a regular poster here (batts) that lives in Austin (where the current Real Worlders lived for 6 months) and maybe he can give you some idea of what to expect when filming begins. However, I don't think MTV is going to go into the local stores and shut them down for hours to film a segment as I don't think this has happened in other cities where they have filmed.

Keep in mind that MTV isn't coming to Royal Oak nor are they bringing their music...they are sending young people there to live. The local bands will not be competing with these people. I would venture to say that your town isn't much different than many cities across the country. There are always local bands playing at local clubs that do play good music.

10-28-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
55. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
I'm still not sure that you're getting what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with the music. You asked what I stood against, and that was just an example of why I don't like the MTV Corporation or many of it's followers. I don't expect MTV to come in and change our music scene. They couldn't if they tried. What I do expect is that the Real World is going to come in and disrupt the way of life around here for everyone, and not in any kind of a good way. Please don't go down the whole "change is inevitable" road, I know it's only a temporary disruption.
In regards to the whole Austin thing - that's a big city. Royal Oak isn't. Most of everything there is to do here is concentrated in a small area.
Let me throw another example out there - The city where you live decides to repave a bunch of roads that you travel down every day even though it's not really necessary. It's a temporary inconvenience, but you have to deal with it constantly, and there's no way around it. Would the reconstruction get in your way as you go about your daily life, and soon annoy the crap out of you? Would you want them to even do it in the first place (once again considering that it's not necessary)? That's how a lot of us feel here. That Real World is an unnecessary inconvenience that we'd rather do without.

10-28-05, 07:41 PM (EST)
56. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
Austin is a big city but what batts has posted the popular area that the Real Worlders went to is also a very small confined part of the city.

The town I grew up in has a population of about 1000 and the city I currently live in contains 250,000 so I know the small town atmosphere you are describing believe me.

Trust me also when I say that the state DOT here does crazy things with the roads here and sometimes it irritates me but I do know it is temporary. For instance, our DOT is working on I-40 through the center of town and the project will not be completed until 2008! For 10 months beginning in the spring the interstate will be completely closed and traffic re-routed. I am not going to complain about it because come 2008 we will have a hell of a road going through our fine city!

You tell me not to go down the road of change...well you mentioned it and I think this is the part that really is at the root of all the bitterness.

10-28-05, 08:18 PM (EST)
57. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
I can understand someone being against the big corporation mentality (since profit is their God and screw anyone and anything else). And I can perfectly understand the complaint that big corporations like MTV are ruining the music scene in America since they squeeze out innovation and they push alot of junk music. But, the argument that MTV's the Real World should not be allowed to go into a town because it might mean more crowds, more business and more traffic is just plain ridiculous. If you want to complain about traffic, or traffic jams, or even about our country's dependence on foreign oil, then there is one big, simple solution to those problems. It's called mass transit. If our nation was as dedicated to funding mass transit as it is to funding big, ugly, gas guzzling highways, then our traffic jam problems and our dependence on foreign oil would be greatly reduced. But complaining about extra traffic or more parking problems because the Real World might be filmed in your little neck of the woods is just plain, well, silly.

10-31-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
58. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
it has become more than obvious that you STILL have no clue what I'm getting at, and trying to explain over & over again is just wasting my time. So I'm just going to leave this board alone & go on my merry way.

10-31-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
59. "RE: New Article in Oakland Business Review"
I have a clue because I live in Ferndale.....I understand but RO has become barville over the past few years as the stores got forced out due to higher monthly rent prices which has been good for Ferndale. It's tight but it's been that way for a long time and yes RW will bring people who just want to get on TV but no more then what sit on the street any Th - Sat. Yes, the new condo's are going to make it worst but they still have not sold out the first one yet so who knows about the 3 new ones.

DetroitWonk 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DetroitWonk Click to send private message to DetroitWonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "PICTURES: Detroit the next Real World setting"
New pictures up of the SkyLoft building the Real World cast will be filming at. It's under construction in downtown Royal Oak as we speak...and making very quick progress...which makes sense, because if they want to be doing anything with the Super Bowl, they'll need to have it done PDQ!

Here's the link:

http://raywert.blogspot.com/2005/11/main-north-project-aka-real-world.html

11-21-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
61. "RE: PICTURES: Detroit the next Real World setting"
Phase I is the North and East towers and they are not looking for anyone to move in until Spring. The South tower, Phase II, will take out the Maple theater and Hollywood Video. Think they are shooting for 2007 for the whole thing to be done.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-21-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: PICTURES: Detroit the next Real World setting"
Hey... are you gonna go down there and take some pictures of the Real Worlders for us when they're there?

11-23-05, 06:58 AM (EST)
63. "RE: PICTURES: Detroit the next Real World setting"
It seems like I'll have to carry my camera around just for you Batts...but I'm not going to be hanging outside their door at 2 am in the rain like you did in Austin....lol....

Miss_trendy_ 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Miss_trendy_ Click to send private message to Miss_trendy_ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
I think that they should have to live in ghetto detroit.

That would make it more real

and more interesting

12-05-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
So, do we really know when and IF Real World will be visiting Royal Oak? I know the new Real World season from Key West is next...which would mean the filming for the Real World after that probably hasn't even started yet.

How do we know that MTV didn't buy that property just for office space?

All this hubub.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-05-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Detroit? Gzeesh... I still say they need to go to a city in the Mountain Time Zone. Denver, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Billings, Boise... any of those would be fun. Especially Billings. I'd love to see the kids expecting a big metropolis... or at least near one to go to a smaller, or medium sized city.

12-05-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Is Detroit the next Real World setting?"
Yea...we'll see. I'd still like to see them come up here to Milwaukee, WI. For no particular reason other than I live here.

Hey fellow 'FC' - will you be watching the Gauntlett tonight??

DetroitWonk 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DetroitWonk Click to send private message to DetroitWonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "Real World Detroit on craigslist?"
New Indications on craigslist of Real World: Detroit - a craigslist Job list:

http://raywert.blogspot.com/2006/01/real-world-detroit-part-iii.html

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Real World Detroit on craigslist?"
i cant imagine Detroit getting it, but it would be fun to see areas I am familiar with for a change. Living in DC now, people always talk about the show coming to the adams morgan area.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •