The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Roofies and engagement rings - the true story"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-05-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Roofies and engagement rings - the true story"
Ok, who slipped Danny the roofie? I'd pay to find out what happened that night. Now where are the cameras when you really want them.

Does anyone remember the lamp they kept breaking?

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_real_world_austin/2005_Dec_05_danny_melinda

Fresh off of the confrontational and entertaining reunion, Danny and Melinda from The Real World Austin stopped by my sleepy town to lecture a few hundred college students about safe sex, STDs, self-esteem, and responsible drinking. The irony of all that aside, they also cleared up a number of persistent rumors, or at least gave their versions of the story. Also, by “they,” I mean Danny, because Melinda didn’t talk much.

Danny said MTV did not pay for the engagement ring he gave Melinda. “I wish,” he said, adding later, “I’ll be paying that s**t off the rest of my life.” (That Danny is such a romantic, isn't he?) The store was featured and mentioned, he said, “to be able to show on TV.” They were both paid $2,000 to do the reunion, however.

They’re aiming to get married in a year and a half. What if MTV wants to film it? Danny said, “If they want to put our wedding on TV, they better pay for it.”

The couple was sort of vague about the possibility of their own Newlyweds-type series. “We have some people asking but I don’t know if we want to do it. I can’t deal with another Real World,” Danny said. Later, another person asked the same question, and Danny said, “I don’t see it happening at all.”
Of the reunion confrontation with Nehemiah, Danny said, “I think he made himself look like an a**hole.” He said that it was “way out of left field” and “uncalled for,” especially because, before the reunion, they were hanging out and drinking together.

An audience member asked, “Do you guys feel like you’re being exploited by MTV?” Danny replied immediately: “Absolutely.” Later, he said, “MTV doesn’t pay you s**t at all.” He said he even had to reimburse MTV each of the three times that he broke a $336.97 lamp that was in the phone area. Other cast members also broke the lamp and had to reimburse producers for it.
Tomorrow night, MTV will air “The S@#t They Should Have Shown,” a clip show of unaired footage. Melinda said that among the footage will be a clip of Rachel embarrassing herself. Melinda said that despite Rachel’s excuse, “It’s like, ‘No, girl, you’re drunk and you pissed the bed.’”

After a college appearance in the south, Danny went to a bar, where he says, “I got slipped a roofie. … I have no idea what happened that night.”

Both confirmed that they just participated in the Challenge that filmed in Australia, which features viewers versus cast members. Danny said that just for appearing, cast members are paid “thousands of dollars” in addition to any prizes they might win.

Unlike Ace and Cameran’s discussion of pot use in San Diego, they both said they had no knowledge of the quality of the pot in Austin. “Don’t know, man. Sorry,” Danny said.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Roofies and engagement rings - ... DaveThe Dude 12-06-05 1
   RE: Roofies and engagement rings - ... Elaine0 12-07-05 2
       RE: Roofies and engagement rings - ... DaveThe Dude 12-07-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-06-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Roofies and engagement rings - the true story"
So let me get this straight: Danny and Mel go to a college and get up in front of hundreds of students and give a "lecture" in which Mel does almost no talking. Then, Danny the intellectual, litters his on-stage speech with tons of profanities, colloquialisms and other bits of nonsense. Hmmm, a true professional to the end......
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-07-05, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Roofies and engagement rings - the true story"
It's scary after watching the season that they are lecturing kids.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Roofies and engagement rings - the true story"
Scary indeed!!!! Those kids might learn more relevant and/or inciteful info by listening to Charles Manson.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •