The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-05-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Another Gauntlet with all new drama. Looks like there is major drama on night one. Let's talk about it here.

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-05-05 1
   RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... DaveThe Dude 12-06-05 19
 RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... arkiegrl 12-05-05 2
   RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-05-05 3
       RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... arkiegrl 12-05-05 5
           RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-05-05 6
               RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... FlowerChild 12-06-05 11
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-06-05 13
 RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-05-05 4
 RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-05-05 7
   RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... arkiegrl 12-05-05 8
       RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-05-05 9
           RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... FlowerChild 12-06-05 10
               RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-06-05 12
                   RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... FlowerChild 12-06-05 14
                       RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-06-05 15
                           RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... FlowerChild 12-06-05 16
                               RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-06-05 17
 RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... realityfreek 12-06-05 18
   RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... stankgirl 12-07-05 20
       RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... FlowerChild 12-07-05 21
           RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-07-05 23
       RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... imtweet 12-09-05 27
           RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-09-05 28
 RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... willinCal 12-07-05 22
   RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-07-05 24
       RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... FlowerChild 12-08-05 25
           RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... volsfan 12-08-05 26
 RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05... Elaine0 12-10-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-05-05, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Adam from RW Paris looks a whole hella lot better without the hair.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-06-05, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Well Vols, I usually agree with you, but in my humble opinion, Adam looks like a convict with that crew cut of his. Did he just get a parole from Sing Sing?

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
YAY! I have been waiting and waiting for this!

12-05-05, 10:09 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Me too!

*waves to Arkie*

Alton won for the rookies and is the captain.

Veterans up next.

12-05-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Not sure I'm understanding the catch of being captain and going to the gauntlet. If the captain loses the mission, he/she goes to the gauntlet. But who goes if the captain doesn't lose? Or do the captains compete against each other, and the loser goes to the gauntlet?

12-05-05, 10:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
The losing team's captain goes to the gauntlet. The team and/or the captain determines who they go against.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-06-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
...from their own team....

you forgot to add that the loosing team's captain goes to the Gauntlet and either they or the team determines who they go against....from their own team. Team captains will battle members of their own team in the Gauntlet. Winner remains team captain...looser goes home.

Basically the team captain will remain a team captain till the end unless they are beat in the Gauntlet.

I guess the main objective here is to WIN THOSE MISSIONS!!!

Wow...this is going to be good.

12-06-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Actually, Arkie and I were going back and forth last night as the show aired. I was typing the answer to her question when they got back from commercial and Mark said...the losing team gets to decide who goes against the losing captaim so they will be fighting someone from their own team.

As I was typing and he was saying this, I just gave up because I thought well...Arkie now knows the answer to her question.

12-05-05, 10:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Does Jisella (sp?) sale her wares on the corner of walk and don't walk?

She had on so much makeup she looked like a circus clown.

12-05-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
OH.THE.FREAKIN.DRAMA!

12-05-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
OMG! Has anyone ever freaked out and quit on the first night??? Jo totally flipped! And I can't wait to see more!!! I'm lovin it!

12-05-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
No, I think this is a first. I don't even remember Jo and from what I have seen so far I am glad.

Looks like good drama ahead.

12-06-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
C'mon...what the hell is Jo doing there anyway...she doesn't belong there.

So let me get this straight.....the first challenge determined who the team captain would be for the entire challenge....meaning the team captain will always go to the Gauntlet IF their team looses. That sucks. Bet they wish they knew that before hand, hey?

The whole preview show must have been taped AFTER the entire challenge was over...Otherwise why didn't they know that the team leader was team leader until the end? The way Ruthie, Mark, Beth, Derrick and Robin were talking in the preview show kind of made it seem that it was filmed before the challenge...but that can't be true otherwise they would've known they didn't want to be team leader. So that would give us a few hints...for instance...why did Ruthie say she didn't know much about MJ? Does that mean MJ goes home fairly early? Does anybody follow me here or am I totally confused?

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!! Can't wait till next week!!

I think the newbie girls are in for a world of hurt!!

I must stay I was pretty disappointed that last night's show was the same as the stupid previews I've seen 100 times. Can't they show us some different footage for once? I swear I've seen that same clip of Jo smacking the camera like 20 times.

12-06-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
You have sooooo totally confused me with what you are saying but the way I took Ruthie's comment is sort of the way they do Survivor. The comments during the show are based on what has just happened and they edit them into the show. I would say they asked Ruthie something like...so what do you think of MJ? This could have been before or just after the captain challenge.

The whole preview show was done after filming and I am sure they were told to keep things very dumbed down in order to not give any clues as to what happens during the season. Also, they prolly told them to talk in the tense of how they felt going into the challenge.

Did I address your confusion?

12-06-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Ok....now that we are both confused....

Ok, let me see how I can explain this without making things even more confusing...I get what you are saying about the whole preview show being taped after the season was filmed....and that they were told to keep things dumbed down.

BUT...in the preview show (NOT the challenge) Ruthie says.."All I know about MJ is...he's got this right here...."

If that is all she knows about MJ and it was taped AFTER the Gauntlet, that would lead me to believe that maybe MJ wasn't in the challenges very long since Ruthie doesn't know much about him. I don't know....I guess I'm just reading into things too much.

Do you see where I am coming from now?

This is my brother Darrell and this is my other brother Darrell.

12-06-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
LOL about Darrell and Darrell. The only way I can explain this and I hope it makes sense:

I watch The Soup on E! every weekend and they have all types of clips from most reality shows. I saw a clip about 3 weeks ago of Omarosa in a confessional and during taping a person off camera was asking her questions giving her the direction they wanted her to go. Omarosa went off on the lady questioning her and telling her that she was doing a terrible job.

So, what I was trying to say *points up there* (and I re-read what I typed and I see where it was confusing) is that there is/was someone behind the camera asking Ruthie questions. I think they asked her something like, "what did you think of MJ going into the challenge (or on day one of the challenge)?" Sparking her to come back with "the only thing I know of MJ".

Hidden text for a little spoiler
If spoilers are accurate MJ goes deep into the game and possibly to the end.

I finally blogged

12-06-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
*totally grinning here*

Ok ok....I think I get what you are saying now. Thanks Vols for clearing things up for me. I guess that totally makes sense. Who knows what the interviewer is actually asking. At first it just made me think that Ruthie didn't know much about MJ, which would be strange if they lived in the house together, ya know? Hmmm...maybe it's Ruthie who isn't around for long...no...I'm still reading way too much into this. Must.Stop.Guessing.

As far as your hidden text goes - that doesn't really surprise me.

I'm just so excited. Oh gosh...Vols, please slap me.

12-06-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
*slaps FC around*

FC, I know what you mean about reading too much into something. I can't tell you the number of times I have read too much into the editing of Survivor. It seems like every time I get hooked into my way of thinking...it gets blown out of the water.

Join the club.

I finally blogged

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-06-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
***Happy Dancing***

I LOVE the challenges way better than the idividual shows(RR and RW).

I think they had to come up with something to keep them from throwing challenges to rid them of unwanted people. JMO

I does suck tho cuz I really like Ruthie and me thinks that she will not be around until the end. Alton who cares, Jo really dont care and who was the other captain? Anyway...

Lovin the show wish it was an hour long.

stankgirl 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-07-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stankgirl Click to send private message to stankgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
I don't understand why Jo suddenly flipped out. It made no sense unless some things were edited out that would have helped us follow along. It just appeared that out of nowhere she lost it and wanted to leave and was calling the police. For those of you who don't remember Jo she replaced Puck when they booted him out the house.

12-07-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
21. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
**Happy Dancing with Freek**

I like the challenges much better too! I think this is going to be a good one...lots of drama..lots of fights...lots of good challenges...AND maybe even some strategy!!!

And Stankgirl...I was thinking about the whole Jo thing too and I think editing must have left something out...they just had to. People don't just seriously flip out like that. Sure I could see her being a little uncomfortable, but to spaz out and call the cops? We totally missed something.

(see Vols...there I go again...reading too much into things)

I hope all of these lurkers stick around for the entire season!!! I might even stick around for the whole season...unlike RW Austin.

12-07-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
(see Vols...there I go again...reading too much into things)

You say that but it will pay off...watch and see.

imtweet 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imtweet Click to send private message to imtweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
>I don't understand why Jo suddenly
>flipped out. It made
>no sense unless some things
>were edited out that would
>have helped us follow along.

Did Mark say that Jo found someone having sex in her bed and there was chocolate all over her bed? I don't think that would have sent me home but I would have been upset.

12-09-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Did Mark say that Jo found someone having sex in her bed and there was chocolate all over her bed?

That's what washers and dryers are for!

I finally blogged

willinCal 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-07-05, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail willinCal Click to send private message to willinCal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
Hey Volsfan,

Given how Survivor and TAR has various game threads, anyone you know who might be interested in starting up one for the Gauntlet II? It's still not too late given how no one has been eliminated yet.

I for one, don't have the time to develop one, but was hoping someone might?

Sigs by Cyg

12-07-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
I am sure someone would do a PTTE if they wanted to. Anyone?

12-08-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
PTTE...and that stands for..... ???

Knockers??? Are you out there??

Nevermind. I had this strange flashback.

12-08-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
PTTE = Picks Till the End

It is done on The Amazing Race and Survivor forum. However, with the spoilers posted I am not so sure it would be fun/fair.

I finally blogged

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-10-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Gauntlet 2 Episode 1: 12/05/05"
I finally got around to watching the show today.

I love it. The show is always what you expect it to be, sex, drugs and fights. So different from Real World where you always hope the cast will be interesting and do more than get drunk, but they never do.

I took a long break from watching these shows so there are many people on this one that I don't know. Which is great. But it's strange seeing people from RW San Diego on the verterans team already. Of course there are also a few I wish I could forget, like Katie. But at least Miz, Rachel and Veronica aren't around this time. I do miss Coral.

I know many of you hate Beth, but I think she's fun to watch. She stirs up the drama.

I am surprised Cameran came back after being so miserable and incompetent on the last one.

And then there's Jo. What the hell was she thinking? Has she not watched any of these shows? If not, why? Has she been locked in a convent since her Real World days? So she didn't like all the drinking and sex. She didn't have to participate. But she was running around like she feared for her life. I guess she forgot to pack her meds. Though you have to give her one thing. Her line "I'll sue this island" is one of the best I've heard.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •