The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Island....Anyone watching this??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-11-08, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Island....Anyone watching this??"
I watched last night. Not sure about the new format. Could be interesting...comments anyone.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... vince3 09-11-08 1
 RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... realityfreek 09-12-08 2
   RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... JessicaRN 09-12-08 3
 RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... FlowerChild 09-12-08 4
   RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... fc0004 09-12-08 5
       RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... DaveThe Dude 09-13-08 6
           RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... realitytvwatcher 09-16-08 7
               RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... FlowerChild 09-17-08 9
 RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... katescape 09-16-08 8
   RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... joejasmine 09-18-08 10
       RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... realitytvwatcher 09-19-08 11
 RE: The Island....Anyone watching t... trustory10 12-23-08 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-08, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
Survivor ripoff.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-12-08, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
Yep. Not sure if I like it yet. Like Vince says survivor rip off.

I'll still watch but not sure if I will like.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
This was kind of interesting. Here they are living on an island, with limited food and water, but of course alcohol was in abundance. And they were there for one night when everyone started "hooking up," including Ashlie with the gay guy. And who is Dan, the guy that passed out on the beach. I guess it is a new generation of people who don't want to grow up and are OK with acting as stereotypes.

An exception to this is Derrick, who has changed his behavior a lot through the years. He seems to really see this as a way to make money, not drink to near death and have sex with anything that moves.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
I'm watching! I'm looking forward to these fools having to 'survive' this experience. What I find interesting is that nobody has a plan - nobody is trying to conserve water or toilet paper or whatever else. It's going to be a fiasco.

I really wonder how much they were told before arriving on the Island. They apparently had to jump off the boat and swim to the island - but not many of them had backpacks or anything - yet they all seem to be wearing different clothes. What the heck?

And these hook-ups. My goodness. What a bunch of horny, immature adults. They aren't kids anymore. They are adults. WTF? That is not normal behavior...is it?

Tonya is still a total mess.
Johanna is acting like a whore.
They were in the house for what - like ONE NIGHT? WHORES! All of them. YUCK.

My rant is over for the day.

fc0004 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-12-08, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fc0004 Click to send private message to fc0004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
I noticed that they didn't have to worry about rationing their alcohol.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-13-08, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
Well, I taped and finally watched this episode. Some of it was kind of fun, but alot of it was the same old same old. Yes, lots of alcohol gleefully supplied by MTV. Plenty of new and (apparently fresh) clothes to wear. Plenty of slutty behavior. Yes, Johanna (and I'm glad she dumped the moron Wes, who obviously did not know how to treat the person he allegedly loved!) is still cute but my goodness, what a pig she has turned out be!

I missed the RW Chicago season, so I don't know alot about Tonya. I always thought she was cute. Yes, she has issues, but I am really disgusted as to how some of these alleged adults treat her. It is pitiful! The more they mess with her the more I feell sorry for her. Especially that Italian barbarian that Johanna is drooling over - I have forgotten this bum's name - he makes me sick. Some people might not like me saying this, but he is a stereotypical crude, egotistic, macho-man Italian pig. I grew up around alot of Italians, and almost all of the males acted the way he does. To me it is sickening.

realitytvwatcher 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-16-08, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
Kenny gives Italian men a bad name - as do most of the ones that hail from New York and New Jersey. So you're right, Dave, he fits the stereotype. I'm just proud to say that there are no men in my family that act this way. If they did, their mothers would knock them up along side their heads (oops, does that mean the women are stereotypical?)

Anyway, I'm watching simply because there is nothing else on as usual. I'm tired of most of these has-beens and I can't believe what idiots they are.

Johanna and Kenny were just nauseating. They were going at eachother like rabid pitbulls. It was very uncomfortable to watch and also shows that Kenny is probably very inexperienced. Although, I'm sure to his bros back home he is da king of hookups. Anyway, it was disturbing and I hope I am not forced to watch these two again. I would rather watch KellyAnn throw up again.

Did Paula get bigger boobs? Seriously I don't remember them being THAT big. Who needs to build a raft? They can just use Paula's flotation devices.

What's the deal with making out with gay people if you're not gay? I don't get it.

Tonya set herself up by coming back. Yes, those idiots are hard on her but she sets herself up. She should have kept quiet and tried to fly under the radar.

The challenge was a bit too much for Tonya or any woman. I don't think they should have been allowed to put men and women up against eachother in such a physically demanding task. I'm all for equal rights but lets face it, men are physically stronger than women (I'm a woman btw) and Tonya really didn't stand a chance in that race. That's just my opinion.

Oh well, we'll see what the season brings us. Oh wait, I already know - hookups, throw ups, breakups, and blow ups.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
Hey RT watcher!!!! Your post made me laugh out loud - more than once!

I remember a while back hearing that Paula Walnuts got bigger...um...bigger walnuts? And yes, they'd make great flotation devices!!

I totally agree with everything you said.

I think an athletic female could keep up with these guys - which will be difficult considering there aren't really any on the show. Paula is tough - tougher than most people probably give her credit for - I'll give her that...but she's also a top heavy twig. So...unless they have a few challenges geared towards puzzles and/or other things that the women could possibly do better....I don't know....strength and endurance? These girls are going to be in trouble. Hey...and I'm a woman too btw....AND I'm fairly athletic....but if I went head to head with my boyfriend on some of these challenges, I'd give him a run for his money, but he'd still kick my butt!!

Found something interesting today - maybe this should be it's own thread? Seems the island was left a (click) total disaster after filming. Yuck.

katescape 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-16-08, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katescape Click to send private message to katescape Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
I thought it was crazy! I think the drama is only going to get more & more interesting as the show progresses.

But after it was over, I still wanted to see more. Luckily, MTV’s challengedailies.com has a ton of never before seen, completely uncensored clips that they will be updating everyday. There's a hilarious video of Kenny, Dan, Johnny and Dunbar bathing each other... let's just say it's definitely worth seeing!

Make sure to watch tomorrow night at 10pm on MTV to see what happens next, I know I'll be watching!

- Kate, MTV

joejasmine 23 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-08, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joejasmine Click to send private message to joejasmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
Why oh why did Abe have to plea to go home. I'm all for him taking care of his responsibilities back home but hey weren't they there before he came to the challenge. I can't stand listening to how Johnny Bananas "runs" things with Kenny.

realitytvwatcher 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-08, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
I agree, I wish Abe would have stayed vs. Johnny "Rotten" Bananas. I can not stand him. Besides his voice being so irritating to listen to, he is a major scumbag. Kudos to KellyAnn for standing up to him and Boo to Johanna for being a suckup. I'm glad, in next week's episode, Johanna gets called out for what she really is - a Ho, fo sho.

The Marine guy is a trip (and I don't mean that in a positive way). Yeah, way to represent the fine men and women of the military! What an idiot.

How about Dave bailing out like he did? That's pretty embarrassing I must say. Having supposedly watched all other previous challenges, what made him decide to tell Rotten Bananas anything? He should have known what douche he was and that he would start crap. You have to wonder about these people sometimes.

Oh well, until next week.

trustory10 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-08, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trustory10 Click to send private message to trustory10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Island....Anyone watching this??"
this was like straightup cutthroat...i met a bunch of them b4

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •