The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Cupid Forum (Protected)
Original message

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-30-03, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
I think Hank is coming off bad to a few (very few...he's still sooo special) people because of editing. I mean I think the whole football throwing thing was edited to look worse then it was. They were all laughing, Evan was on the couch laughing telling Hank to "aim for his head" and so on. I think they are bored stiff between dates and have to come up with something to keep themselves entertained. Another poster replied to my admittedly gushing thoughts on Hank by saying that when men get together there is usually a sense of teamwork and buddy-buddyness and in her/his opinion Hank was angry and quick tempered whereas the others were not. I beg to differ. If this was a game about physical strength or a "Fear Factor" type deal I'd agree and say that men would tend to buddy up to one another in that sense. But there is a woman involved and I seriously doubt that when a women is involved men are going to open up to each other and forge lifelong friendships. Yes Ken was nice during his good-bye speech saying they are all like brothers to him, but he was on the way out and being a good loser. If he was still in the house he wouldn't be calling anyone brother and he wasn't so nice a couple weeks ago when he was talking bad about Hank with Paul and Evan. Also Cupid asks question in the green "diary room" that are geared to stir up trouble. Look at Renda's question on the last Cupid. "Who do you think is here for the comp more then the girl" And then Renda goes off on Joe. (although Joe deserved it, he gives me the creeps!) They ask questions like that and edit like that to make people tune in and feel like the show is exciting.
PS Who thinks Renda is a lot like Brendan Fraser's "sensitive guy" character in the movie Bedazzled?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? HappyDayz 08-30-03 1
 RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? Joyful 08-30-03 2
   RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? HappyDayz 08-30-03 3
       RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? Joyful 08-30-03 4
 RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? Schnookie Palookie 08-30-03 5
   RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? Joyful 08-30-03 6
 RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? bubbastan 09-01-03 7
 RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble? Cupidcruiser 09-01-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HappyDayz 278 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-03, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDayz Click to send private message to HappyDayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
I think you hit it on the head...I've been thinking about this for days...because several of the guys come off looking bad in the bachelor pad segments, especially Hank. When you pay close attention to the tapes from the bachelor pad though....you can really see and hear the editing (pay attention to the Jekyl & Hyde statement by Renda...he NEVER said 'Hank is a Jekyl & Hyde', what he said was that if he had to label one of the guys Jekyl & Hyde he would have to say Hank....which leads me to believe he was responding to leading questions asked behind the scenes). The football thing was definitely a game...Dom and Hank switched places, they were each standing in the same place when the ball was thrown ~ it wasn't a hostile thing, it was a game...but when they place it in the context of guys saying bad things about each other, it looks hostile on first glance. I think Hank was running away with this competition and they are trying to level the playing field and create more interest in the show (ratings have been very bad.....and I can see them not wanting the competition to look like a sure thing, they want suspense to draw in more viewers).

I agree about the guys not all wanting to be buddy~buddy when there is a woman concerned. Joe has been worried about competition all along (and well he should be)....Evan and Hank are obviously struggling with insecurities and jealousy. Hank wants Lisa, he isn't there to be buddies with the guys that he's competing with for her heart. I would have to say there is something not quite right with a guy that would want comraderie with a guy he has been watching on dates with the woman that he himself is falling in love with. Also, I'm sure it hasn't been lost on the other guys how much Hank has been encouraged to kiss Lisa, be passionate with Lisa....none of the other guys have been told anything remotely like that. That has to burn them just a little, and I'm sure that it has some effect on how they view him. Hank, for his part, does not care what they think of him, he knows what he's there for....gotta love a man who knows what he wants!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-30-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
Thank you HappyDayz I just wish that those who are bashing Hank for his in house behavior would agree with us too!
I think Hank's the guy for Lisa, but I'll bet you anything he gets put up at least once in the bottom 3, or even 2 just to stir up more trouble.

HappyDayz 278 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDayz Click to send private message to HappyDayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
Joyful...I still think Hank is the frontrunner....and he definitely got the loudest cheers from the crowd when they were running the phone numbers. I agree with you though that he is probably going to end up in the bottom three, possibly this week, as a way to shake things up. I think he's the guy for Lisa too....I just can't see her and Evan and 3 or 4 kids...I just don't see him being THAT settled. Hank appreciates how important family is, and I think he would cherish her!

08-30-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
I think you're right HappyDayz, it's going to come down to Hank and Evan. Like you, I think Hank is more of a family man then Evan. I think Evan has real feelings for Lisa, but a lifetime's worth...I don't see it. I think if a really attractive woman came on to Evan he'd fold like a cheap suit. Hank would turn red and smile then hurry home to Lisa. I just hope that Hank can hang on in the face of all the kissing and sweet talk that's bound to happen between Lisa and Evan as the show progresses. He seems really hurt by it and I hope he dosen't just throw in the towel because it's too hard for him to watch.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-03, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
Hi Joyful, I totally agree with you about the editing. Of course the producers want to make the show interesting for the viewers. I didn't see the whole bachelor pad segment and all I caught was the football thing. I have to say I was one of the peeps here that thought it was rough. Now that I've read a lot of comments here on the board, I can see that it was just the guys playing around. I am anxious to see next week's show. The bad editing of Hank has me wondering just a little about him. Having said that, I do think Hank is the cutest and has great chemistry with Lisa so I'm hoping he's the one that wins.

*I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things*

08-30-03, 11:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
Hi Schnookie I love your show updates Hanks like anyone else, he has his faults. But being violent is not one of them. If you missed the beginning then you might have also missed Joe's weird blow-up. He and Evan were sitting on their beds and Evan said he didn't find anything wrong with what Robert did on his date in front of the kids (the very uncomfortable kiss). Joe went from just casually talking to vein popping angry in the blink of an eye. His fist was clinched with his finger pointing, his face turned red and veins popped in his neck and he yelled something to they effect of "get some common sense" or "use common sense" anyway the producers cut it short and they next showed Robert confronting Joe while Joe was streched out on his bed. Robert was saying "I heard you say you think I'm creepy" or something and Joe totally backtracks "I don't think you're creepy at all, I think you just used poor judgment" he says. I can totally see him being very scary in a typical husband and wife argument. But here again I totally get upset with the editing, Joe was going off and they cut it short, if it was Hank they would have showed the whole thing...probably twice!

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
Hey Joyful! Just weighing in to agree with what you've stated. I'm convinced that the show's producers were seeing a runaway winner in Hank, and wanted to try to shake things up so that the outcome was not such sure-fired thing. I truely believe that the only guys in serious contention to Lisa herself are Evan and Hank. I think that to Lisa, they are probably neck and neck (she did say something to Evan on their last date to the effect of "I don't feel this way with any of the other guys" which makes me think that Evan actually might have a slight edge). Of course since Lisa doesn't get to do the choosing at this point, we're left with what the voters think. I think that up til now, the folks who really want to pick the best guy for Lisa have been overwhelmingly voting for Hank (and to a lesser degree, Evan and Dom), and the folks that want to lampoon the show, its participants and its premise have been voting Robert all the way. I think that in this move to bash a bit on Hank (while focusing on portraying Evan in a very positive light), the producers are trying to make this into at least a three horse race: Hank and Evan for the folks who want to vote for the best match and Robert for the folks who aren't interested in voting for the best match but for the most entertaining (if awkward and bizzare) guy.

Cupidcruiser 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cupidcruiser Click to send private message to Cupidcruiser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cupid edits to cause trouble?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-03 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-01-03 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Conversely, maybe the "good Hank" in the first few shows were the results of edits and now the "bad Hank" edits show the real Hank? If the producers are editing now to make certain people look bad they certainly could have edited them at the beginning to make them look better. For example, Evan is edited now to look better than earlier; Dominic was and still is fabulous and now they have the witches once again moaning and groaning about how "young" he is.

Personally I do not think Hank will "win." I think Robert will have the most votes (not mine) and then Lisa will turn him down.

edited twice for speelinggs

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •