The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-08, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/paradise-hotel-2-contestant-nathan-clutter-dies-after-show-filming-6352.php
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Police: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contesta... SurvivorBlows 01-17-08 1
   RE: Police: 'Paradise Hotel 2' cont... byoffer 01-21-08 2
       RE: Police: 'Paradise Hotel 2' cont... Snidget 01-21-08 3
 RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant N... Dakota 02-12-08 4
 RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant N... Estee 02-26-08 5
   RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant N... Loree 02-26-08 6
   RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant N... Dakota 02-27-08 7
       RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant N... magan 03-02-08 8
           RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant N... Dakota 03-04-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-08, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Police: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter's death a suicide"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/police-paradise-hotel-2-contestant-nathan-clutter-death-suicide-6409.php
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Police: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter's death a suicide"
Wow. That makes 2 suicides of reality show contestants in the last year (the other was Cheryl Kosewicz on Pirate Master).

I realize with the increased number of reality shows the odds of this sort of thing happening go up, but this still seems high (and not just deaths, but suicides). Maybe a DAW characteristic? (Even DAW in death?)

Very sad for both of them. I hope the reality show producers are making efforts to give counselling to the contestants.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-08, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Police: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter's death a suicide"
It is kind of scary we had two in the last year.

I know they usually have some sort of counseling during the shows, but I don't know how long the aftercare lasts.

With the number of contestants and the frequency of suicide I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Unfortunately I think some of the characteristics that make people "good TV" can also be things that could lead them down this path.

If I were producing one of these shows I would look at the pre-show screening to see if there was anything you need to add to try to find the ones that have more potential for this than usual. Including if there is anyone to catch the ones that know how to fake their way through those sorts of things. Kind of like the sometimes catch a drunk driver because they are driving too carefully and correctly.

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-08, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-08 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

So sad. I liked this guy. Survivor has counselors there for people after their torches are snuffed, but I don't know about any of the other shows. If someone had mental health problems before the show, I doubt the little bit of counseling from the show is going to solve those problems.

surfkitten siggie shop 2007

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
The show displayed a quick 'In Memory Of' title card at the end of last night's episode.

However, they completely forgot to mention that the 'In Memory Of' was because he'd died, and since this was his ouster night for the show, it may have just left people thinking the producers really, really missed him.

I didn't see everything before the opening credits: no idea if they mentioned it then.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
Looking back the show is probably thankful that he left early in the show's run. All I saw was the "In Memory of..." at the end of the show. And it seemed odd the way the others were all talking about him and toasting after he left. I had the feeling this was edited together to make him seem missed. If anything negative was said about Nate it was not going to be shown. At the main Paradise Hotel site they do mention his passing briefly in his bio.

02-27-08, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
I found it creepy and sad as he left, knowing what he did afterwards.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

magan 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-08, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magan Click to send private message to magan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
I am also sad to hear about his death, as i was watching last monday I was saying to my husband i hope he's here at the end and i hope he wins. He didnt seem like the type to do something like this, and in a way i dont think he did, i feel it was an accident. most suicide people write a note and it was said he didnt have one.

03-04-08, 02:25 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 'Paradise Hotel 2' contestant Nathan Clutter died after the show's filming"
If it was an accident, the obvious question is why would he climb the fence and then the tower? At the same time, he made sure his dog had provisions and wasn't left at home alone not knowing when someone would discover the dog and take care of him. I sure wish he had hugged the dog and driven back to his family in Illinois. The article said they wanted to get him into a V.A. hospital. I'm thinking the kid had been in Iraq as he's too young for anything else.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •