The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-08, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all details of the most painful, pointless resurrection since the Rambo franchise on this thread until the West Coast gets to see that while one had more bloodshed, the other pulled way ahead in the idiot plot department. Thank you.

Empty set thread or not, there is no way I'm starting the next one.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Snidget 02-04-08 1
 Now waiting for the apple. Estee 02-04-08 2
   RE: Now waiting for the apple. ExNJAngel 02-11-08 15
   RE: Now waiting for the apple. ExNJAngel 02-11-08 16
 RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Estee 02-04-08 3
   RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... foonermints 02-05-08 4
   RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... RollDdice 02-05-08 5
       RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Estee 02-05-08 6
           RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Dakota 02-11-08 13
 RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Hoobie 02-06-08 7
   RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Hoobie 02-06-08 8
       RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Snidget 02-06-08 9
           RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... realitytvwatcher 02-06-08 10
               RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... jase 02-06-08 11
                   RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Loree 02-11-08 14
 RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 Ea... Dakota 02-11-08 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-08, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I dunno if I'll even check it out. MyNetwork here seems to think that NBA games are the one and only way to get ratings around here so I don't think it will ever be on at the scheduled time. They do run the prime time programming when the game ends, but that can make it hard to even DVR it as the games never seem to want to end when they are supposed to and I'm not staying up 'til 2 am trying to guess when the show is on this week.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-04-08, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Now waiting for the apple."
It's amazing. Only eleven minutes in and I already hate them all.

ExNJAngel 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-08, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExNJAngel Click to send private message to ExNJAngel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Now waiting for the apple."
Estee - I live in New York and did not see that PH2 was on at any time on 2/4. Nor do I see it advertised tonight...what channel (thought it was FOX 5 at 9 PM)???

Angel

ExNJAngel 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-08, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExNJAngel Click to send private message to ExNJAngel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Now waiting for the apple."
Forget it Estee I just found it...tonight at 9 on channel 9....

Thanks anyway. I know it won't be as good as PH was (hey maybe better?)

Angel

02-04-08, 09:29 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So the rule is that you have to partner up and find a roommate. Unless that isn't the rule. Because the rule may be revoked at any time. Plus there may be new rules. Which you may or may not be told about. Because keeping people in the loop isn't in the rules. That we know of. And won't be told differently. Because we're too busy trying to find a roommate. Because that's the rule. We think.

Oh, and there's a prize. Except that no one is saying what it is.

I'm still guessing a giant green apple.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-08, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I thought it was a weeks supply of penisyllin.

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So the rule is that you have to partner up and find a roommate. Unless that isn't the rule.

Welcome to the party, Estee. My "Roll the dice" personna was built on the arbitrary nature of the "rules" on this show.

Now if I had only known that there was a PHo2 and it aired last night! I missed the first 20 minutes.

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

02-05-08, 03:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
You're ahead of most people: the majority of the group missed the first sixty minutes of the show.

It was painful last night. I honestly found a reason to hate every last contestant within ten minutes of their introduction, and sometimes within ten seconds. The editing's constant insistence on previews, reviews, and 'really, something will happen, we promise -- lie!' got old fast, not to mention their insistence on the huge name tags every time someone spoke. (At a guess, it took them five seconds to forget who they'd cast.)

They gave out one rule, then broke it within the episode.

They supplied the contestants with alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. All of which got drank. And then some.

We still don't know what they're playing for. Or for how long. Or why. And bringing in new contestants every week? So you could be there for a day and win the whole thing? Then what was the point of being there from the start?

And just to make things really fun, the minority alliance has all the power.

I never saw the original PHo. I saw Forever Eden.

I think they may be the same show.

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
They had this same rule on PH1. You have to get a roommate once before they let you leave. Without this variation on a rule, the replacements would have been gone before finding the bar.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-08, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I was really looking forward to this comeback, and as with most shows, it will take a little getting used to.

Random comments:
1) The "steamier" version on ##### seems to be the exact same show.
2) Too many commercials, even with TiVo...it is tiresome
3) Chelsea will show her jealous side VERY soon.
4) Once per week is not enough. I swear that PHo1 aired several times per week.

Looking forward to next week!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-08, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Not sure why this got Xd out on my original post. No profanity was used - just the name of the other network. Odd.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Might be that at one time some over zealous intern hired to spam newsgroups posted too many links or something with the name of the network in it.

If you put a space between Fox and Reality it seems to be OK, which adds to my suspicion it was to block a spammer from posting links.

realitytvwatcher 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-06-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The original PH was the same way - you didn't know what they were playing for (neither did they), people are voted in and people have to leave if they are not paired up, and the rules keep changing! That was what I liked and disliked about the original. It does keep it interesting but it also seems like the producers just make a new rule when things are not going the way they like it.

Now that it has been mentioned, I think the original was on a couple times a week too.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-06-08, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The original aired twice a week if I'm not mistaken and I really don't like the new theme song. I miss "Two tickets to Paradise...Pack you bags, we leave tonight" and so on.

Nevertheless, I guess the replacements are on call given the fact they don't have a live (or live to tape) show like they did the first time around. This current group doesn't seem too interesting, so I hope the new faces that arrive in the coming weeks mix things up a bit more.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-08, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I miss the old theme song too.

It was what I expected. I wonder which woman will go home first. If I was doing this show I would start with the ugliest people that applied. And gradually bring in better looking people each week. Everyone would be dumping their first mates for a chance at the better looking new person. Afterall these people are all about looks, aren't they?

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-08, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Paradise Hotel #2 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Yep. As I just mentioned in S-GUFU, I knew I'd find you here. Not just posting, but actually here early, setting up the chairs and snacks, checking the lighting and sound systems for the viewing pleasure of us DAWs. I'm sure we don't show our appreciation often enough.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •