The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"nothing to see"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

pablo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-04, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pablo Click to send private message to pablo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"nothing to see"
watched last night only to witness some disturbing scenes in the hotel. so the original crew have returned and mob metality took over.
i am not entirely surprised that the 4 original meat heads have completely forgotten any grievences they had with each other and are now directing their agression towards the unsuspecting new (and old) members of the cast.
the bullying tactics employed by zack and co only highlight the kind of people they are. the show is ultimately a game, yet this seems to be lost on them. obviously they have issues in being voted off, but im not too sure how they came to the conclusion that they should be the ones to "rule the roost".
surely they realise that every week somebody will be voted off. and even if they all were the tightest group of mates, somebody would still have to go. but for some reason they have taken personal offence to the game running its course.
if anything the cast has been laden with ignorant bullies with little or no personality. i feel for the american public as i am reasurred that these people represent quite a substantial cross section of the american youth. every week i have been hanging on the possible inclusion of some individual who represents america's smarter youth, somebody to challenge the norm of this show, but to no avail. each successive member of the cast seems to be drawn towards the intellectually bereft.

the ironic part is that the shows title 'paradise' doesnt really reflect on any part of the show apart from the surroundings.

i am doing a study into reality tv for my uni course and i would appreciciate any comments re: my post

thanks.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: nothing to see TRBB 04-27-04 1
 RE: nothing to see Chrissy gal 04-27-04 2
 RE: nothing to see yekul 05-03-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TRBB 6 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TRBB Click to send private message to TRBB Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: nothing to see"
Ill take it your Australian seeing you just saw that episode last night. Probably on channel 9 just like me.

Regardless, everything you say is very true. If you look around the other threads on this board you will see that most people agree with your opinion 100% bar a few teenage girls who thought Zack was cute and therefore shouldve won.

I particularily agree with the piece about how the originals thought they ruled the roost.

When Keith, Dave etc. scemed and voted out Zack, Amy went psycho! What was her problem. She was basically claiming that Zack had more of a right to be in Paradise Hotel than any of the other men. She was and apparently still is delussional.

Anyway, hope that helped.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-27-04, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: nothing to see"
It's pretty normal for American Reality TV to have contestants who are delusional and narcissistic. But this cast really stands out in this area.

RolldDice asked in another thread if people from other countries were judging Americans by what they see on Paradise Hotel. In your case, would the answer be "yes", or did you already think that Americans were crazy and this show just fortified your belief?

I live in the central part of California. I have two teenagers and I work in a coffee shop with teens and young adults. I have only run into one guy who is like the "originals" from Paradise Hotel. He comes into the shop and talks too loud about inappropriate things and is confrontational if someone tries to point this out to him. He thinks he is the best looking, most intelligent guy around, but he is really funny looking and shallow. The strange thing is, he has lots of friends! Why these people have anything to do with him, I don't know.

If you are really interested in analyzing some strange personalities on Reality TV you should see "The Apprentice"!!! There was one contestant on this show who was totally psychotic!

Good luck with your studies!

yekul 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yekul Click to send private message to yekul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: nothing to see"
I can't believe that the 'old' crew seem to think it is acceptable to yell & scream abuse in peoples faces however, if someone dare speak to them inappropriately (as with Toni) then to them that is unacceptable.
They seem to think that are above the others - in a different class.
What about the week that Zac got voted off ... Alex outwardly said to everyone that he had said that Zac & Scott were to stay (like he is the only one to decide (mind u I liked Alex in the beginning 'cause he was nice looking & quiet but then I changed my mind once he became more vocal)). Has Beau forgotten about that? Cause basically, Alex was saying that it was OK for any of the other guys to get voted off & I think Beau was the only other 'old' guy left at the time. Yet he seems to want to still hang out with them & be chummy. So they have all taken it out on Keith as he was the one to choose ... but 'hello' - think about it, Keith had to vote somebody off and no matter who he chose, someone would have been upset by it ... there was nobody there that hadn't made friends with someone! The way they ('old crew') reacted was pathetic and Amy spoke as if her & Zac were the most important people there - just because they were in love ... that is not the aim of the game .. to fall in love & see how long you can stay there as a couple! If I was one of the others in the 'old' crew, I would have felt that Amy thought her & Zac deserved to be there more than I did ...
I hope at least some of my opinion helps you in your study!
Yekul ...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •