The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dave was bullied all summer long"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

CDawg3 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-02-03, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CDawg3 Click to send private message to CDawg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dave was bullied all summer long"
Dave is the prototype dork. Every single person there bullied him. I even think Keith did at the end. Before Dave lied to Holly Keith was going at him for what he said at Pandora's box.
The final straw was Charla.

I don't know if any of you ever wondered if you'd react differently during historical crisis, like during slavery; if you'd adopt the oppressive mind set or be just. But this season really makes a poor statement for mankind. The lynch mob: Zack, Toni, Acme, Kristen, and Alex recruited every single person into this hysteria that Dave was a monster. No one developped their own opinions. And at the end Charla turned on Dave, taking comfort that the lynch mob had her back.

It's a bit sad to me to see Dave abused, and fighting all summer for him and Charla. I really wish bad things on the lynch mob, and Charla, their newest recruit because I need to think that the people on PH who adopted what the lynch mob said rather than form their own opinions are the minority in our society. Because it's scary to think that we are all the same, and we'd adopt view points from loud bullies to spare ourselves discomfort.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dave was bullied all summer lon... Dakota 10-03-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-03, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dave was bullied all summer long"
The lynch mob made Dave their kicking post - ignoring all of the jabs they got from each other. While I ended up liking the guy because he stuck it out AND stuck it to the thugs, showing a lot of personal strength, confidence and genuine emotion, I think he also had some real weaknesses that left him vulnerable to the treatment he got. It's a great study of human nature and human interaction and that's what these reality shows offer us - why we keep tuning in. Maybe some of our media-ho's will learn from the experience; maybe some viewers will too. Most of us probably could use a little psychological counseling or we wouldn't be watching reality tv and driving SUV's. In the meantime, that's entertainment!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •