The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-01-03, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
For weeks now I have read post on this board and enjoyed every second. I feel like I really know several of you through your various posts,Crissygal, Bebo, Angelfood, Sbeck, etc, etc, etc. I only posted a couple of time because I enjoyed reading your take on things more than giving my opinion. This was one of the best message boards I have ever been on and hope to become a more active participant in the future. Thanks for making my summer and comforting me to know that I am not the only crazy addicted PH fan. For my sad secret...I program my VCR a week in advance to tape PH" and after I watch the taped episode I sign on to read all of your take on the episode. The worst part is I am a graduate student and will put off reading until I watch the show and read show feedback. I am so WEAK!!! PH MUST END, PH MUST END....I am so behind in my reading. Thanks for allowing me to share in the crazy obession of PH.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... Canbear 10-01-03 1
   RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... andwatching 10-01-03 2
       RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... RollDdice 10-01-03 3
           RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... chuckles1877 10-01-03 4
 RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... ugibugi 10-01-03 5
 RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... mtopaz 10-01-03 6
   RE: especially to MTOPAZ So_Opinionated 10-02-03 10
       RE: especially to MTOPAZ mtopaz 10-02-03 13
   RE: WWCD? RollDdice 10-02-03 16
 RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... Chrissy gal 10-01-03 7
   RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... mtopaz 10-02-03 14
 RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... sbeck 10-01-03 8
   RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... RaHead 10-01-03 9
 THANKS superstepmom1 10-02-03 11
 RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... MadFashion 10-02-03 12
   RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity...... mtopaz 10-02-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Canbear 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-01-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canbear Click to send private message to Canbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-03 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

I too have been reading this forum for weeks but never contributing. However, seeing that the show is coming to a close I figured I may as well finally write in and thank pretty much the same group that So_Opinionated did as I really appreciated knowing that so many of you are sane and rational people who think Amy and Zack are nucking futs and need help, and who love and root for the Barbies. I was so afraid after the Originals came back and said all of America loved them and that the Barbies would have a hard time upon leaving the show. Now, I'm a Canadian and I know we love the Barbies, but I was scared that maybe it's not the same in the States. I was worried that possibly everyone in the US thought the Amy group was the best ever and that the Barbies sucked. Thankfully, I found this site and my faith has been restored. I know this is a rather long entry for a first timer, but I just wanted to thank you guys properly.

With that said, thank god the show is ending, I can resume my normal life again!!! (Although I'll still be following Survivor and probably the Bachelor).

And to So_Opininated, I also have a graduate degree, so don't feel too bad. The best of us can get sucked into Paradizzol!

Go Barbies!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

andwatching 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-01-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail andwatching Click to send private message to andwatching Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
I just recently started reading this forum and this is my first post. I was embarrased to even tell anyone how hooked I am on this show! My husband and I both are!! We have been making bets who will be the winners. I am just so glad all those psycho originals are gone! I am also glad Amy is NOT going to win! I can't wait for tonights episode! I wish it could be Charla and Keith - hopefully that could be one of the twists, it doesn't have to be a "couple."

By the way - I love Barbies too!! Tough luck original B*****!! None of them deserved to win anyway! I would have been really disappointed if they did!! They are all to backstabbing and two faced and need to grow up!

Barbies Rock!!!

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
Since this edition of Pair-Of-Dice Hotel is drawing to a close and we're signing yearbooks . . .

It has been a pleasure to participate on this board. Because of the "firm but fair" policies of the board and enforcement by the moderators, we have been able rant, rave, snipe and snark to our heart's content, without descending to the level of animals (aka the Fox bb).

I have enjoyed the ability to share my skewed perspective with all and design sig pics for some. I'll definitely see you all for the next P-HO, and may be shopping around for an addiction replacement.

In closing, you're 2 good 2 be 4 gotten!

- Roll

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

chuckles1877 489 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-01-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chuckles1877 Click to send private message to chuckles1877 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
Have a great summer--KIT and KAT!

~Chuck Tucker the Trucker~

ugibugi 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-01-03, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ugibugi Click to send private message to ugibugi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
I too would like to take some time to show my appreciation for this message board. While I did not fall on the side of the majority on the great limitation of discussions debate, I do appreciate that I was allowed to have my opinion. There was only one time that I was threatened for having that opinion and that is really pretty good. On many other boards the mods would have gone power crazy and killed me off of the board.

Anyway, I think what makes this board a really good one is the quality of posters we have here. Like others have mentioned, I too am a graduate student. I guess I should not be surprised, this board does seem to be a group of more mature posters. Some of the comments were funny as hell. I wish I would have saved some of the comments because some were classic and would stand up to any professional comedy writing.

Anyway, thanks for the fun. This board actually made the show worth watching. To have to endure the P-Ho experience without a place to come and complain and make fun of the fools would have been unbearable. Also, coming here and seeing the comments of you fine people, how you supported Dave and the Barbies as opposed to the evil originals, really made me feel good about people in general. In spite of the way things look some times, we do know the difference between right and wrong.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-01-03, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
Well, first I was going to get my nose out of joint because I wasn't mentioned by name in the post above, but then I thought: "What would Charla do?" and realized I should be mature about it - lol!

Seriously - I started at the website by reading and posting on SurvivorBlows, then found my way to Off Topic, and then to Other Shows. The mods and the peeps here are the best. I really enjoy the give and take and the humor on this board.

With that said, please let me sign your yearbook:

For the gals, LYLASAIAW (translation: love you like a sis and I always will) and for the guys, LYLABAIAW

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-02-03, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: especially to MTOPAZ"
I want to apologize for not listing you and thank you for sharing in my gulity , private secret. Thanks for thinking it over and not reacting like Toni or Amy.

I'm really happy that there are others out there who wanted to say thank you to such a great group. God it feels like graduation or something. Someone take a picture...CHEEZ.

Is it only me or do the rest of you hear the song from the end of the Breakfast Club when Judd Nelson is crossing the football field. lol

10-02-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: especially to MTOPAZ"
So-O, sweetie - hope you know I was just kidding! LOL at your reference to the end of The Breakfast Club - perfect analogy since it feels like we were transported to high school he** these past few weeks (although my high school experience wasn't great, it was nowhere as horrendous as being a normal person at Paradise Hotel)

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-02-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WWCD?"
>Well, first I was going to get my nose out of
>joint because I wasn't mentioned by name in the post
>above, but then I thought: "What would Charla do?"
>and realized I should be mature about it - lol!
-----------------
You might want to re-think your choice of role models after last night's behavior.
>

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-01-03, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
Thank you So_Opinionated! I was planning on starting a thread to tell everyone how much I will miss our "therapy" sessions. I have had such a great time on this board. I have enjoyed reading ALL of the posts (even the ones I don't agree with). I hope you guys will stick around SB and join in on discussions of other reality shows. I don't post much on Survivor or Off Topic, but you will see me on The Bachelor, Amazing Race, The Mole and others.

I hope tonight's episode is a good one!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

10-02-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
Chrissy - I look forward to seeing you when the next TAR is on. That is my favorite reality show! I'm so glad they won an Emmy, ensuring at least one more season of this great show. Now, let's hope next season's contestants are a better bunch than last season's.

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-01-03, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-03 AT 09:19 PM (EST)

Aww, you're so sweet, So_Opinionated!
2 sweet
2 be
4 gotten

I will miss this board more than the show! But if you watch Survivor or Joe Millionaire, I'll see you around!

(Edited for not getting my tags right...)

RaHead 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-01-03, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RaHead Click to send private message to RaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
I had never even been to a message board until I ran across this one. I originally just wanted to read what others were saying. I couldn't wait until the end of each episode to see what had been posted. Without this msg board I definately would not have enjoyed even watching this show. So thanks to everyone who made this show worth watching, not the guests of PH, but you all!!!

superstepmom1 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-02-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail superstepmom1 Click to send private message to superstepmom1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "THANKS "
Thanks to all who kept this board clean, focused and under control. I don't have to rummage through 18 pages of stuff from the last 5 minutes and I like being able to read every word that each poster writes (because they use sentences, what a concept).

I loved Paradise and I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I love most reality TV and since this is reailty tv world, I guess I'll just be moving on to the next show of the season.

See y'all around.

MadFashion 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-02-03, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MadFashion Click to send private message to MadFashion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-03 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

I'm so thankful I'm not alone! No one in my offline life understands this irrational PH obsession! Without you all I would have died of shame long ago. But no, I found a board full of intellegent, kind, polite, honorable PH freaks just like me! Like any good Oscar speech, I know I'll forget someone, but here goes....

THANK YOU:
AngelFood
Christy Gal
sbek
Can'tStandToLook
Bebo(of course, of course!)
So Opinionated
mtopaz
Katiepops
superstepmom1
eguds
breezy
RollDDice(even though I disagree with you heartily about my girl
Charla)

B/F/F
E R O
S I R
T E E
E N V
S D E
T S R

10-02-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
15. "RE: I've enjoyed the opportunity.........."
Mad - hope you stick around and post about the other reality shows on this board! Guilty pleasures are best when shared with friends

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •