The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The jury"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-17-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The jury"
I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved its own thread.

A jury has been mentioned several times on these boards. Do we have any confirmation that there is going to be a jury?

It seems to me that PH will just keep eliminating the guests until they are down to one couple. That one couple will be the winners of the "ultimate prize".

We all know that the jury would be made up of mostly originals. I don't think the producers want the headache of brining back Zach and Toni and the diatribes that they would throw against D/C/K/T. They have played out that scenerio and the viewing audience either hated it or has had enough of seeing the original losers.

Any thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The jury Chrissy gal 09-17-03 1
   RE: The jury CantStandToLook 09-17-03 2
 RE: The jury Chrissy gal 09-24-03 3
   And jkokoj 09-24-03 5
 RE: The jury BLefeb1781 09-24-03 4
   RE: The jury toejam 09-24-03 6
       RE: The jury Lahela 09-24-03 7
           RE: The jury toejam 09-24-03 9
       RE: The jury mtopaz 09-24-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-17-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The jury"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-03 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

This is from Zap2it TV:

PARADISE HOTEL SEASON FINALE WILL BE OCT. 1
the finale on Wednesday, Oct. 1. That two-hour episode will find the final four contestants facing a jury of their peers -- former residents of Paradise. Those guests will determine who wins that final prize.

Here is the URL:
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|83212|1|,00.html

(You will need to copy the whole thing and paste it, because the link doesn't work right)

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-03, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The jury"
If there is a Jury trial..I hope the barbies can get Johnny Cochran cause that's probably their only chance to get aquitted.

After seeing how the originho's acted when they were brought back the first time and especially after seeing how unstable they are, I hope that FuX retracts that idea. BUT, as the show is already in the can, who knows what's in store but I would say a Jury trail would put all the speculation of a Scott win in the high odds column.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The jury"
I just thought I would let you know that Fox changed it's website for the finale. Here is what it says:

PARADISE HOTEL

FINAL GUESTS COMPETE FOR ULTIMATE PRIZE ON AN ALL-NEW TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF ‘PARADISE HOTEL’ WEDNESDAY, OCT. 1, ON FOX

The final two couples compete against each other for the ultimate prize on PARADISE HOTEL. All 15 former guests return to the hotel after having had the opportunity to view the episodes as they aired. The former guests, who had been forced out of the hotel by the finalists, now play an important role in determining who wins the ultimate prize. There is one final shocking twist after the prize is awarded which tests loyalties and friendships to the very end on the special two-hour season finale on PARADISE HOTEL Wednesday, October 1 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PH-129/130) (TV-14; D, L, S)

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-24-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "And"
The rules keep on getting twisted! The producers are well aware of the backlash that Zach and Toni brought upon the show.

As in spoiling any show you should look to the editing. What I saw in the last 2 episodes is how many times Charla was seen saying "Amy is going to win". Well everyone thinks Amy is gone for good.

Also, I don't think those left in the game are aware that there is going to be a "jury" type situation. I believe that only a select few will The former guests, who had been forced out of the hotel by the finalists, now play an important role in determining who wins the ultimate prize. fall into this scenerio. I am sure the producers do not want Zach or Toni as a part of the guests that play a role.

BTW thanks for bumping this thread. I was thinking about the jury again today. LOL

BLefeb1781 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-24-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BLefeb1781 Click to send private message to BLefeb1781 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The jury"
Just a thought on this. Could the jury be made up of the 7 guests that were eliminated from the final 11?? The number 7 would make sense. The producers would not have the headache of the viewers having to listen to some of the more outspoken originals (i.e. Zack and Toni), could not have a tie, and would have some of the drama needed for the ending of a show like this.

~BL

toejam 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toejam Click to send private message to toejam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The jury"
Here is my Take. Two scenerios play out.

1. If there is a jury they are asked to pick 2 people as winners. Remember a couple means "two" is dosent mean that is has to be the couples that are rooming together but a combo of all four.

2. One person is selected as the winner with the choice of whom they want to share the "ultimate prize"

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The jury"
Yes..that would be a very plausible scenario indeed! Scary to think that say....oh, Keith wins and has to choose between Tara, Charla and Dave to share the prize with him. I think Keith would choose Tara if that were the case....but who knows!

Wow...I can't believe they changed the way it was supposed to end.....wait, no..i changed my mind, i'm not surprised at all! But hey...as long as our fab 4 are the ones remaining...i don't care which ones take home the prize....either way it's a victory for out Barbie clan over the losers! Any scenario where Amy isn't the winner is a winning scenario!

toejam 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toejam Click to send private message to toejam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The jury"
If all 15 former guests are returning to choose the fate of the remaining 4 then a good way to mess with the finalists would be to ask them to choose a number of formers whom they would like to be on the jury, thus having them pick people they were neutral or nice to, only to have Amanda tell them that actually they just chose those people that would be going home leaving the remaing formers pissed and judging their fate.

So many scenarios and outcomes that unless their is inside info we will never get it right.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-24-03, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The jury"
1. If there is a jury they are asked to pick 2 people as winners. Remember a couple means "two" is dosent mean that is has to be the couples that are rooming together but a combo of all four.

2. One person is selected as the winner with the choice of whom they want to share the "ultimate prize

Both of these sound plausible, because they remind me of the recent "twists and turns" that Fox has thrown into the mix, especially putting a player on the spot to select his or her co-winner.

Which brings me to what I have been thinking for awhile. To me, the couple that cares the most about each other (in a healthy, non-Zack&LAmy way) are Tara and Charla. Tara told Keith: "I couldn't vote against Charla" and Charla has told Tara "you complete me." These two have clearly made a very strong bond and friendship with each other, and to me act like the closest of sisters. What if the winning couple are Tara and Charla? (I know this is highly unlikely, if the jury is composed of ousted guests, because the majority of them can't stand Charla or Tara.)

I think if the final four are Dave, Charla, Keith and Tara, and the jury is the ousted players, that most of them will feel:

1) Dave did not play with "integrity" and lied to many of them;
2) Charla does not deserve to be there, and used Dave to make it this far;
3) Tara does not deserve to be there and used some of the male players then "threw them away"
4) Keith, while commiting the original sin of voting Zack off, is the least despicable of the remaining four, so they will vote for him.

If Keith then has to select his co-winner, I can't see him choosing anyone besides Tara.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •