The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Voting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Paradise Hotel Forum (Protected)
Original message

Thumbsup 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-03, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thumbsup Click to send private message to Thumbsup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Voting"
Let me run this by you...If the old players come back with the only vote, the Barbie House doesn't stand a chance...We all know that...Since we've been fatihful viewers, don't you think the viewers should have a chance to vote?...As it stands now, Amy has it wrapped up...No matter who she is with...Tonight was a close one in the Barbie House...But it's not going to mean anything unless the viewers can vote.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Voting The Jman 09-17-03 1
 RE: Voting TIG13 09-18-03 2
   Are you High??? CantStandToLook 09-18-03 3
       RE: Are you High??? Lahela 09-18-03 4
           Let's think it through Breezy 09-18-03 6
 RE: Voting thndrcloud 09-18-03 5
   RE: Voting Sbez 09-18-03 7
   RE: Voting coycutie 09-18-03 9
       RE: Voting thndrcloud 09-18-03 11
   Fortune Telling? RollDdice 10-01-03 20
       RE: Fortune Telling? thndrcloud 10-01-03 21
           RE: Fortune Telling? RollDdice 10-01-03 22
               Pretty funny thndrcloud 10-01-03 23
                   RE: Pretty funny - The fix is in? RollDdice 10-01-03 24
 RE: Voting jkokoj 09-18-03 8
   RE: Voting coycutie 09-18-03 10
 RE: Voting love2smile 09-18-03 12
   RE: Voting nypeaches 09-18-03 13
       RE: Voting whiskey 09-18-03 14
 RE: Voting true 09-18-03 15
   RE: Voting love2smile 09-18-03 16
 RE: Voting MTW1961 09-18-03 17
   RE: Voting indian girl 09-19-03 18
       RE: Voting Thumbsup 09-19-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

The Jman 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-03, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Jman Click to send private message to The%20Jman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Voting"
I agree with you 100 percent that the old guests shouldn't vote on who wins,but I difer with you about Amy.

Right now she's the odd one out! That means the Foursome has to work on Scott/Holly. Holly mainly!!

If I were them I'd tell Holly to get along as much as she can with Scott,because Amy's going to pick him in order to stay!!

Which is weird because if I'm correct,she wanted him out!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TIG13 11 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TIG13 Click to send private message to TIG13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Voting"
Here's the thing though...there has been a strong history in reality television of juries picking the person that played the game the best. Sure the jury is pissed off at first because they've been eliminated. They might not like the person for being manipulative. But usually when they step back and look at the situation, they have to give the better player he credit.

The object of PH was to win the prize (whatever that is) and quite simply, NOBODY has worked harder to win than Dave. To come into the game as a complete outsider (far more so than Charla) and gain the power advantage that he has is phenomenal.

Look at Survivor 1. Rich Hatch is the perfect example of playing the game and getting respect for it.

IMO Holly is going to be gone next week. I don't think Scott wants to keep her around, and I think he'll jump at the chance to get Amy as his roommate instead. So then you'll have Dave/Charla, Tara/Kieth and Scott/Amy.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Are you High???"
After watching the show all season long, you really believe that the egostical, self-serving, single-cell amoeba originals are going to vote for the person that played the game the best.

No one even knew how to really play the game because they until recently weren't ever given anything that resembled a competition and they still have not been told what the Ultimate Scam is. It's basically been a summer long popularity contest and to their credit, the unpopular kids have shown that Brains AND/OR Beauty is what it takes to go far both at Paradise Hell and in the real world.

As much as we'd love to have a hand in things...face it..this aint American Idol and we wont. All we can do is watch (which is what they've been banking on) and hope that someone with some semblance of decency and class wins.

And as far as Holly is concerned...she's made her bed and it doesn't ajoin any of the barbies so I wouldn't hold any hope of Dave influencing her though he may try. It will be interesting to see how the Holly/Scott/LAmy triangle works next week. I dont think Scott has ANY loyalty to LAmy but remember he's probably played the game the best. If the orignho idiots ARE voting then it will be to his benefit to keep LAmy over HO-lly as it will secure him more votes.

Just my nickel..

I'm all for audience participation but I'm just saying get real..they aren't asking our opinion.

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Are you High???"
I agree. I don't think they have any intentions of letting the audience participate in the final vote. Amanda had said that the former guests will be the ones voting on the fina 4! Hopefully we will have our fab 4 in the final 4 and that way no matter what 2 of them take home the prize. Honestly at this point, as long as Acme doesn't win, i'll be happy! For once I am actually on Holly's side (well only for next elimination) and am hoping that Acme goes next! Then of course Holly & Scott! ;) I can dream can't I?

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Let's think it through"
The next roommate selection

Charla/Dave
Tara/Keith
Holly/Scott

Who does Amy pick? I think it'll either be Keith or Scott. Either way I don't think she's picked and is gone. But who does she take with her? Or does she get to take anyone with her? If she does, I say she takes Tara, so that Keith will be the "vulnerable outsider" virtually kicking him off at the same time.

But then the final could be three couples, like Love Cruise was. All in all I say Holly/Scott win. The originals never had anything negative to say about Scott. They will vote for him, not for who played the best game. Because they were the ones played and in their tiny little minds that's wrong.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

thndrcloud 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-18-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrcloud Click to send private message to thndrcloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Voting"
You're all missing something. The producers have been rigging this game all along and they aren't going to stop now. It wouldn't be a stretch to predict that the Charbies will be the final two couples. When the jury comes in they'll have to decide who they hate less, not who they like the most.

I think it's interested that they aired Charla's "fortune" which would lead us to believe that she's going to win. The woman also said that Scott would have lots of money. They didn't show what she said to Dave. This makes me think that Charla is going to win and so is Dave. The Scott thing is a red herring. Scott's a day trader so it's easy to make the leap that he'll make a haul in the markets. I'm guessing she said something positive about Dave winning.

Just my thoughts.

Sbez 36 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sbez Click to send private message to Sbez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Voting"
I love the reading for Charla. Saying she was higher then the rest, and the expressions on the originals faces. She certainly acts in a higher class then the originals. Wait til Amy sees herself at the table acting like a pig her manors are repulsive. Charla keeps herself high by not turning on the originals like they have done to her. She keeps herself set apart from the rest by having respect for the others even though they have no respect and disregard her feelings every episode. I am sure that Dave's reading was probably similar considering he does the same. I'm glad to see that somebody said something positive about her on the show in front of the others.

coycutie 10 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coycutie Click to send private message to coycutie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Voting"
>You're all missing something. The
>producers have been rigging this
>game all along and they
>aren't going to stop now.

Awayyyyyy back (maybe 2-3 years ago) on a tv show there was an interview with Jeff Probst (sp? from survivor) and other tv people, they talked about rules for reality tv "game" shows. They stated that all rules (ie: survivor merges, paradise hotel twists, amazing race detours, etc etc etc) MUST be made PRIOR to taping of the show even starting. This leads me to believe, not that fox has rigged the game, but is simply editing for viewer purposes/ratings.

Anyone else see this?

09-18-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrcloud Click to send private message to thndrcloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Voting"
Except that Paradise Hotel doesn't classify itself as a game show. I don't remember who said it, but it's been discussed here before. Since they aren't a "game show" they don't have to follow the rules.

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Fortune Telling?"
>>
>I think it's interested that they
>aired Charla's "fortune" which would
>lead us to believe that
>she's going to win.
>The woman also said that
>Scott would have lots of
>money. They didn't show
>what she said to Dave.
------------------------------
You're putting a lot of faith in Madame Judith. You should check this out ...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID48/314.shtml

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

10-01-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Fortune Telling?"
Not sure which post you wanted me to see since I skimmed through it and nothing jumped out at me but....

Personally, I have very little faith in fortune tellers. I don't buy it one bit. I do believe that with the extra translators (as if Fox couldn't afford to hire a "medium" that spoke English) Fox was giving themselves the opportunity to spin the fortunes. Even if Madame Judith can actually tell fortunes, her translator could put the Fox spin on it when relaying it to the guests. I've always said that this game is fixed and this is just one more layer of rigging to hold up the sinking ship.

10-01-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Fortune Telling?"
> I do believe that
>with the extra translators (as
>if Fox couldn't afford to
>hire a "medium" that spoke
>English) Fox was giving themselves
>the opportunity to spin the
>fortunes.
================================
The message is #21 in the thread. Check the "Don't Walk Toward the Light" section of "Little Bo's Peeps" for a humorous take on the seance.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID48/314.shtml#21

10-01-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
23. "Pretty funny"
And that's pretty much the thought I had on the whole thing. It seemed fixed then and now it looks like my own "fortune telling" is coming true.

10-01-03, 08:34 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Pretty funny - The fix is in?"
It seemed fixed then and now it looks
>like my own "fortune telling" is coming true.
---------------------------
Oh, yeah. P-HO is fixed like a Don King promoted fight. I'm sure there will be some "twists and turns" tonight, but I hope one/two of the Charbies win.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Voting"
Despite what Amy says, she is there to play the game and will try and stay. She knows by going to Keith or Dave she will be out.

I think Amy will go to Scott with the thought that her enemy Keith does not have the pleasure of kicking her out. The way Amy thinks, along with the rest of the originhos, is that she would rather have a "friend" do her in.

We all were shown lots of scenes with Scott and Holly and the state of their relationship last night. I believe the agreed that they really did not have anything. I think Scott truly has begun to loathe Holly. I think the shock of all shocks will be when Amy goes to Scott, Scott will choose Amy over Holly. At this point this is where I think we will see Tara leave.

With my above logic, the next roommate selection would leave Keith the odd man out. Keith, like Amy, will not give his enemy the satisfaction of sending him home so he goes to Charla. Naturally Dave goes to Charla and she has a tough decision. She ultimately chooses Dave.

Per my logic this would leave us with a final four of:

Charla/Dave
Scott/Amy

coycutie 10 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coycutie Click to send private message to coycutie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Voting"
> I think the shock
>of all shocks will be
>when Amy goes to Scott,
>Scott will choose Amy over
>Holly.

i totally agree!

>At this point
>this is where I think
>we will see Tara leave.

the "scenes for next week" said there is only one person being voted off in the 2 hour show next week (tuesday) so that there will be 3 even couples which i think will be
Dave / Charla
Keith / Tara
Scott / Amy

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Voting"
As long as Keith and/or Tara don't win it, I'm happy. I'd like to see Charla/Dave win it(even though I don't like him-he's played an alright game), but I wouldn't be opposed to a scott/Holly or Amy win either.

nypeaches 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nypeaches Click to send private message to nypeaches Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Voting"
What if there is yet ANOTHER twist ... Couples have to be original/new pairs or something equally strange. Then, Amy would go to Keith, Charla to Dave, Holly to Scott. Tara's only choice would be Scott; making Scott choose between Holly and Tara.

It will be something off the wall ...

whiskey 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whiskey Click to send private message to whiskey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Voting"

Yet another twist would be

Tara -> Keith
Charla ->Dave
Amy/Holly -> Scott

Scott choses Amy over Holly.
Holly gets to kick one of Tara or Charla,
Holly takes Tara with her.
Tara can now eliminate one of the three guys.
She choses Scott.

So the final pairing b4 the jury (originHos)
Amy/Keith vs Charla/Dave.

If fox is rigging the show(which they are) they wouldnt allow
all the Charbies in the final.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Voting"
After last nights show (can you say rigged?) I think the producers want Amy there til the end. At first I thought it could be simple for them to manipulate it into an all Charbie final, but as RealityRoadie pointed out on a different thread, that would eliminate all the drama from the final vote. So, I believe that Amy/Scott and either, Charla/Dave/Tara/Keith (any combo of two) will be the final two couples.

Nobody would think that the Charbies would have a chance with the jury, and they wouldn't. No way would those bitter people vote against Scott/Amy in favor of the Charbies. That's where the final twist comes in. ( idea courtesy of RealityRoadie).

The final twist will be for them to SWITCH partners. That would make it one original paired with one Charbie. (Charla being a Charbie, of course) That way the jury has to choose which one of their friends gets the prize. (I'm guessing Amy and whoever she's with. Wouldn't it be hysterical if it was Keith, and they won a trip together, or lifetime accomadations at the hotel together?!)

That is the only way to make a jury vote interesting.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Voting"
I would LOVE it if that would happen! I hope the producers were smart enough to think about it. Oooooh! I can't wait!

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-03, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Voting"
Here's my take on how things will go:

Next roommate ceremony, the girls are told they can't pick the guy they've been rooming with that week.

Charla picks Keith, Tara picks Dave, LAmy picks Scott. Holly can't pick Scott, so she picks Dave. Dave chooses Tara, sending Holly home. This time, however, Holly DOES get to pick someone to leave with her, and that someone is Tara. Dave is left alone for the week.

Later in the same episode, they have the final roommate selection. This time the guys can't choose the girl they've been rooming with. Therefore, Keith MUST choose LAmy, and Scott must choose Charla. Dave also selects Charla, and Charla keeps Dave and sends Scott packing.

Our final two couples end up being Dave/Charla and Keith/LAmy!

No idea where it goes from there, but I just hope LAmy doesn't end up winning.

indian girl 142 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indian%20girl Click to send private message to indian%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Voting"
and yet another twist could be that Amy being odd one out can pick any guy and no other girl could pick that guy. Amy picks Keith, Charla picks Dave, Tara and Holly pick Scott. Scott chooses one of them either Tara or Holly. The ousted girl takes the girl with Scott with her.

Thumbsup 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thumbsup Click to send private message to Thumbsup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Voting"
That is the best one yet and makes the most sense...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •