The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Episode 9 Summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Millionaire Forum (Protected)
Original message

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-25-03, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Episode 9 Summary"
Would You Like Some Filler To Go With That Tasty Filler?

I am sitting here wondering how in the heck they are going to drag this out to two hours.

We open the episode with a teaser trailer, showing David looking forlornly at the door. No one is coming for the ring, the show is over. Sadly, the show is going to go on. And on... and on...

Some of you may know from my posts on OT that I am really dense when it comes to signals sent from the opposite sex. So to watch the episode, I am enlisting the help of my good friend from work who has the hots for me, hereafter known as Sexy Work Guy, or SWG.

(As the episode opens, Deb and SWG are sitting on a blanket in front of her big screen tv. They are drinking a nice Riesling, sans box, and have some of finger food munchies.)

SWG: So tell me again why we aren't watching the Caps-Detwah game?
Deb: I volunteered to recap this episode of Joe Millionaire for a bunch of very nice people I've never met in my life.
SWG: Okay. So this is one of those shows where I can get perfectly caught up in the first ten minutes, right?
Deb: Well, I have this sinking feeling the entire episode is going to be recap.

We see Cat and Linda sitting and chatting. Cat tells Linda she cheated by coming back. She tells her if it was just herself and Petra, she would have won by now. Linda admits she has a good point.

SWG: This is further enforcing that Linda is the sweet one.
Deb: Yep

We are then treated to a timeline montage. Some highlights: Joe cried when Linda left and Petra cheered him up. Poor Petra, she could have been the sweet one. Olinda with her late night party ways and the behind smacking. All reality shows should have a little behind smacking.
Olinda attempting to slay her gladiator. Come to think of it, most of the highlight worthy moments came from Olinda. She's like Baby Spice on some evil substance kids should just say no to. David has a breakdown about making a choice. That is done to show how sweet and kind he is and how he is meant to be with a nice, sweet girl. It happens that he has been lying to said girl for awhile now. Oh, the irony.

And we're back to Linda and Cat. Linda admits she's jealous, and has doubts he loves her. Cat feels pretty good about her chances. Take this scene, rinse, and repeat.

My tv boyfriend, Paul, comes on and says Linda is sweet, ladylike and pleasant.

SWG: Sounds like great characteristics for a pet.
Deb: But not a girlfriend. You have to have a little spice with your sugar or things get dull.

Linda and David have an uncomfortable conversation where he looks ready to spill his guts. Linda says he's honest and pure, just to HAMMER home how many times he's lied to her. This exchange is interrupted with Cat talking about how honest David is and how much fun they have together.

Deb: I hope David never plays anyone at cards. I could take him for a buck or two.
SWG: Would you like to play now? We could play a game of strip poker.
Deb: I have to concentrate on this show for a little while longer. So quit distracting me.

Cat has very cute feet. The closeup on her feet is also enforcing, as tig_ger pointed out, that Cat is this season's Sarah. Linda continues to be nervous. Thank you, Fox execs for hammering home how sweet and pure and frelling nervous Linda is.

My tv boyfriend reveals that Cat is sophisticated, with the elegance of a fox. Okay, so she's the opposite of sweet and pure. I think I'm catching on.

Cat and David have an uncomfortable exchange where they toast to the great times they have had. David states the obvious that he and Cat have been more intimate. In the best moment of the hour, Cat reveals she has been dreaming about horse riding.

Deb: Even I get that she's not talking about riding the horse.
SWG: (just grins at her)

Now we have the weird moment of the episode, where Linda is shown watching Cat and David out the window. This is screaming potential stalker to me. She tells us she can read David's thoughts. Honey, he's thinking about horse riding. But you aren't the horse.
Cat gets David a CD. She tells him the music means a lot to her. I thought this was very cool, but it threw me a little. I guess Cat is more attached to David than I thought. Cat senses David is unhappy. He admits he's very stressed. She offers to ease his suffering. Yep, I get that one too.

We see David tossing and turning, and looking generally anguished. The fact that I am sitting next to someone who could easily match David in the bod department minimizes my drool.

Linda comes to the shocking revelation that David likes both ladies. We get a teaser of David saying he has no money, and a woman gasping.

(Deb flips over to the hockey game.)
Deb: Oh my goodness, they are actually winning. By a lot!
(SWG goes to kiss her, but hits her cheek when she turns her head to look at the tv screen.)
SWG: Better change back, or you'll miss the thrilling conclusion.
Deb: (rolls her eyes)
SWG: (drops a kiss in her hair) I would really like to kiss you at some point.
Deb: I don't know. I've got a lot of bread baggage from my last relationship that ended recently. I can't just go from one to the next with no time to myself.

My tv boyfriend wakes David. He tells us he's worried about being rejected. He says he could be heartbroken. Linda's still confused. I resist the urge to throw my remote at the tv. Paul tells the ladies they have a half an hour. Linda tries to say that this is a fairytale.
Cat tells her there are no happy endings.

SWG: For her anyway.
Deb: What, you think they are going with the fairytale ending again? Didn't they try that already?
SWG: I guess they think that's what people want to see.

The most useless reality show host ever comes in and tells them they will be spoken to individually. And he will offer one of them a promise ring.

Linda asks Cat what a promise ring is. Cat thinks it's like an engagement ring. The two ladies wait. I have to admit that at this point I am rooting for Cat. I have a friend (who coincidentally is named Kat) just like her. She's got this confidence that is very sexy. I hate cigarette smoke, but on her... it looks pretty good. I'm hoping Cat is okay with whatever happens to her. I admired how tough she was when all the ladies were picking on her. I would have been a blubbering mess.

There are random fountain filler shots. Oh my goodness. Filler in the filler episode. Linda tells us she realizes now she can fall in love on second sight, or something. I didn't quite get it. She tells us love can grow. She's making me want to expel my tasty finger foods.

Paul seems nervous as he goes to get Cat. I think that's pretty cool. Cat keeps Paul waiting again doing her hair. We fade out as Cat is waiting on the bench of reality decision making.

Will Cat get the kiss off from David? Find out in the summary provided by the lovely and talented Swami. Will Sexy Work Guy finally kiss Deb? If you ask me nicely, I'll let you know.

Summary virgin... so please be kind.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Woo Hoo Hoo! tig_ger 11-25-03 1
 Better than the show... AyaK 11-25-03 2
 Bravo! bobstew617 11-25-03 3
 RE: Official Episode 9 Summary Swami 11-26-03 4
 RE: Official Episode 9 Summary StarryLuna 11-26-03 5
 RE: Official Episode 9 Summary buckeyegirl 11-26-03 6
 RE: Official Episode 9 Summary AMAI 11-26-03 7
 Well done Deb! moonbaby 11-26-03 8
 RE: Official Episode 9 Summary Bebo 11-26-03 9
 RE: Official Episode 9 Summary Tiger Lily 11-26-03 10
   RE: Official Episode 9 Summary DebCapsFan 11-28-03 11
 Great Summary Debs Schnookie Palookie 11-28-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-25-03, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Woo Hoo Hoo!"

Great summary! Does SWG know that he was an important part of your loss of virginity? (summary-wise, I mean, what were YOU thinking?) Because if so, I deduce that SWG did kiss Deb! (Tig: starting rumors since 1973)

My absolute favorite line: Take this scene, rinse, and repeat. We rinsed and repeated so many times that we may need to touch up our hair color. Ms. Clairol, where are you?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-25-03, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Better than the show..."
...and that's really all that I need to say.

Cat senses David is unhappy. He admits he's very stressed. She offers to ease his suffering. Yep, I get that one too.

Apparently Joe Millionaire is like Halloween or Friday the 13th -- only the "nice" virginal women are still alive at the end!

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-25-03, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Bravo!"
Deb,

I would never have guessed that was your first summary, great job! Your dialog with SWG was excellent. tig_ger already commented on the rinsing and repeating-classic. I esp. like this line too:

My tv boyfriend, Paul, comes on and says Linda is sweet, ladylike and pleasant.

SWG: Sounds like great characteristics for a pet.

I have to admit--I liked the ending (although it wouldn't surprise me if it was staged)

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Episode 9 Summary"
Great summary, Deb!

Olinda. She's like Baby Spice on some evil substance kids should just say no to.
Bwahaha--I miss Olinda!

Will Sexy Work Guy finally kiss Deb? If you ask me nicely, I'll let you know.
Deb dear, would you please answer this question? Thank you.

IceCat is a Genius

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-26-03, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Episode 9 Summary"
Excellent summary! I hope you'll be writing more!

A JSlice of holiday spirit!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Episode 9 Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-03 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

Awesome job! Welcome to the Summary writing family! I remember feeling sorry for whoever had this show to summarize, but your summary was defintely better then the real thing. My favorite part:

There are random fountain filler shots. Oh my goodness. Filler in the filler episode. Linda tells us she realizes now she can fall in love on second sight, or something. I didn't quite get it. She tells us love can grow.

I *heart* my J Slice Holiday Creation
Member of the MISTO FOR S.T.O.T.Y! team
--did anyone else notice the thousand commericals we had to ensure it was a 2 hour episode?
~edited for misuse of italics

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-26-03, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official Episode 9 Summary"
Very nice first summary, DebCapsFan. I hope you do more summaries.

The filler in the filler line - haha haha

Did you cry a little at the end? (C'mon you can admit it - and did SWG kiss away those tears? Or were you two well into hot n heavy horseback riding, heh heh?)

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Well done Deb!"
And one nicely asked question-is your SWG named Paul?

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official Episode 9 Summary"
Welcome to the summary writers' lounge! Please head to the bar to grab a cocktail and then join the gang in the hot tub.

Loved the Olinda comment, as well as the input from SWG. Fun!

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-26-03, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official Episode 9 Summary"
Great job Deb! Very funny. I loved the "Baby Spice" line. And I'm glad SWG got to join us!

So? *wink, wink* Did he kiss you? C'mon. You can tell me, I won't tell Swami.

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-28-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official Episode 9 Summary"
Truthfully... I made the entire scene up. It was a good way to fill up the filler.

I'm glad you guys liked it... I was a little nervous about it!!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Great Summary Debs"
"Deb: Even I get that she's not talking about riding the horse.
SWG: (just grins at her)

Cat senses David is unhappy. He admits he's very stressed. She offers to ease his suffering. Yep, I get that one too."

LMAO! Our little Debs is all grown up now

I loved your dialogue with SWG. Thanks for the laughs Debs.

*can't believe that was her first summary*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •