The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HAVE WE BEEN PUNK'D?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Millionaire Forum (Protected)
Original message

alfisti81 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-03, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alfisti81 Click to send private message to alfisti81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HAVE WE BEEN PUNK'D?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-03 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

I think so. But I thoroughly enjoyed the show. The final episodes were the most riveting shows I have ever seen (reality or otherwise). They blew me away. But were they real? Read on.

(My Scenario)

David was smitten with Linda early on (Episode 3) at the visit to the Leaning Tower. He eliminated Karolina because she was Linda's friend and he didn't want a conflict between the two. The other girls were ragging on her because he was obviously favoring her.

This created a problem for FOX. The didn't have a show if David continued to favor her. The ending would be obvious. They pursuaded Linda to ask to leave the show with the understanding that she could come back later if David wanted her. They also persuaded David to let her go. This allowed them to provide the dramatic scene of her return (meaning ratings). She came back and kicked butt.

She didn't get a chance to give David an answer in Tuscany because FOX wanted to stage a more dramatic final show as well as intensify their feelings for each other. There is nothing like playing with people's feelings for each other to get ratings.

The final scenes and emotions were real but the setting was manipulated and creatively edited. David was unaware of what was going on until Linda told him afterward. He revealed this on the Tuesday afterward Fox News Show. He hasn't been seen or heard from since. I wonder why? COULD IT BE THAT HE VIOLATED HIS CONTRACT WITH FOX AND WILL NOT GET THE RANCH?

Unfortunately the ratings were poor because of Monday Night Football, poor publicity and the inability of David to connect with the non-cowboy audience.

I liked this show much better than the original. It was the chain-smoking slightly slutty but beautiful Cat vs. the virginal virtuess Linda with the foul-mouthed ass-grabbing Olinda providing the color-communtating. Doesn't virtue always win?

A recap is unlikely because FOX doesn't want the truth to come out and the ratings were poor.

What do you think?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HAVE WE BEEN PUNK'D? bell83 12-01-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-01-03, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HAVE WE BEEN PUNK'D?"
BRAVO!! I agree for the most part. i think the whole show was definitly staged for ratings and you brought out a few pts. that i didn't even think about. But, i think the first JM was much better than this one mainly b/c of the surprise factor (the audience didn't know that Evan and Zora would be given the $1 million!)and the 1st one didn't seemed near as manufactored for ratings.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •