The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interview with Caleb after ...Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lolette 254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-14-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolette Click to send private message to Lolette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interview with Caleb after ...Finale"
Caleb Janus was the man that Rachel picked on FLOM4 - not only that, but she gave up a million bucks to be with him. Caleb himself passed on the chance at a million to be with Rachel. So why aren't they together any more?

Hi Caleb - thanks so much for doing this interview! Why did you decide to go on a reality dating show?

My friend actually approached me about the idea and quite a few people had mentioned in the past that I should do something like that. I figured it would be a good experience, good exposure for my real estate business and you never know, I just mind find someone. I wasn't finding anyone on my own so I figured I'd go for it.

What went through your mind when you found out the show was actually For Love or Money? Had you seen the show last summer?

I actually watched FLOM last summer. I was thinking, man, this is a much bigger deal than I thought. The show I was going on sounded a little weird and I was thinking it might not be very popular. To find out I'm on FLOM it just hit home that this was a big deal. I would be lying if I said I didn't like the money option thrown in, but I knew I couldn't play with a girls' emotions just for a financial gain. I'm not capable of doing that.

Why did you choose Rachel over Andrea? Did the producers know about the men's choices before that scene was taped?

I didnt get to know either girl very well at that point. They were bombarded with questions from all the guys. Rachel made an effort to get something from each guy. If she didn't talk to him at lunch then she pulled him aside. I thought that was a very nice touch. The fact she had a butterfly on her shirt and my grandma gave me a good luck butterfly pin - that was enough to push her over the top. We all had to commit to who we would pick prior to the event. They just set the order up for drama. Can't ask for anything better than 8-7.

What was your favourite date with Rachel and why?

This is a tough question because I can pull something from each date and those moments were all equally great and important in the whole game. I think the date at the Rosenthal Vineyard was the best. It was so beautiful and it was our first real alone date. I was getting more comfortable with the entire situation and I was seeing something in Rachel that was worth exploring.

Can you describe the emotional and mental toll a show like this takes on the contestants?

I never knew how mentally draining this show could be. It's not all fun and games like everyone thinks. We are sequestered in our rooms quite often and unable to talk to the other guys as well. We didn't have communication with the outside world, no television, no papers, no radio! We are told what to do for our entire stay there and we don't leave the house unless we go on a date. I was there 3 weeks and I left the house 4 times.

When it gets down to the wire there are connections formed and it's hard to have the money factor thrown in. I was there final two with Mike and I had spent more time with him than anyone at that point. I felt like he liked Rachel and I knew Rachel was liking me at that point so it was hard on me. I tried to pick both their brains and see what they were feeling. I came to the conclusion Mike would be fine no matter what the choice and that comforted me a bit. I was a little mad that Rachel would lead him on so much and convince him he was staying. I know it's a game, but to what extent will you go to win money? I wouldn't have led someone on as much, but that's just me. I know she was getting pressure from the producers to do some of the things she was doing. I left the house and I honestly didn't know if I was gonna be ok or not. It took awhile to adjust back to life.

The media always likes to poke fun at people on reality shows, and you were no exception. How have you dealt with the criticism?

I guess I have to take both the criticism and praise with a grain of salt. I know the man I am and I don't have to prove myself to anyone. I go on a two hour date and people see 2 minutes of that date. Was it my best two minutes or my worst? They had to use sound bites to develop a shy and paranoid character. There was a little bit of that going on so I guess it's ok. I don't think anyone can judge me because they were not in the exact position I was.

What happened after the finale? Were you and Rachel able to spend any quality time together before the show aired?

Rachel and I actually stayed an extra night in LA after the show. We didn't really know one another all that well. We were just two good hearted people that couldn't take money over someone that we had formed a friendship and bond with. Rachel also came to visit me twice in Phoenix. It was so hard with the long distance and trying to get back into life. I had a lot of unsettled issues I was coming home to and it was all just too much. The timing was terrible. I don't think I put enough into it and I know she feels that way. Everything happens for a reason and Rachel will meet someone that blows her away and she will be an incredible girlfriend. I hope to maintain a friendship with her as we went through a major life changing experience together and I always have room for a friend with a heart like hers.

Why did you decide to choose Rachel over the chance at a million in the end?

Rachel was so nice to me! She comforted me in a situation where I was totally out of my element. I can't explain how adorable and sweet she was. I was tough on her. 90% of our dates she was trying to convince me to believe her. I admit, I thought if I picked Rachel that she would win money and I just knew she would share with me. I didn't realize she had to choose the money or me. That part stinks! I couldn't look someone in the eye that was so nice to me and take money over her.

How hard was it to watch Rachel's actions with all of the other men while the show was on television?

If Rachel and I were together it might be kind of hard to watch. We decided to be friends before the first part of FLOM aired so that was months ago and it doesn't bug me. I knew it was a game and that kind of stuff was going on. It's more the mental aspect and leading these guys on that I have a problem with. I suppose it has to happen in the game but how evil of a game is that when they mess with peoples' emotions. These people make so much money off of us and they don't care how they damage us and our minds. Then they are done with you and they just spit you out and you are on your own. We signed up for it so it's our fault, but it's still very tough.

Are you still friends with any of the guys you met on the show?

I am friends with some guys from the show. I have been in contact with quite a few. Chris lives in Phoenix and we will be seen out and about quite often I'm sure. He is a great guy and I look forward to having a good friendship with him for years to come. I didn't get to spend as much time with Rudy as the top 5 guys but the time I did have showed me what a great guy he is. Rudy is such a character and he has a good heart. I look forward to a visit to Boston to see him and I think he will come out to Phoenix to check out my city as well. The women here will blow him away. In a few weeks I'm gonna meet up with Morgan and Mike in Vegas. Chris will be attending and I'm working on getting David out there as well. I was really wrong about David. He just rubbed me wrong when we first got there. He had what I thought was this arrogance about him, but he really is a good guy. He is funny and just fun loving. The guy is like a kid almost in that he seems like he just wants to play. He is a stud and has a way with the ladies. He also sucks at basketball, but dont play the kid in HORSE!

All the guys had a great quality about them. I'm different in many ways from all of them, yet we all have a lot in common. Alex is the party man and he is gonna put together some events for us to all get together. Look forward to showing Alex Phoenix as well.

Finally, what would you like fans and critics alike to know about you, that we didn't get from watching you on television?

They actually did a pretty good job of portraying me. I am shy in certain instances, but I don't think it's quite like it comes off. My friends watch and they are like, who is that?? They know me as an outgoing, clowning around, and aggressive guy. They all know I have a good heart and that I will do anything for them. I wanted to downplay my personality on the show because I wanted everyone to think I was going home at every elimination. Watching the show and hearing comments, I think it worked. I wanted to be the underdog and stay under the radar. I dont think they thought I was a threat until they were all walking away....

I almost played the game perfectly, but I'm too much of a softy to take advantage of it. I'm glad that I won and got to the end without lying to the girl or stabbing anyone in the back. I'm proud of the way I handled the situation.

Thanks for taking the time to speak with us Caleb! Best of luck to you in the future.

Thanks for the interest in interviewing me and for being kind.
from
http://www.realityshack.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=82

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interview with Caleb after ...... motormouth 08-16-04 1
   RE: Interview with Caleb after ...... Agman2 01-19-16 4
 RE: Interview with Caleb after ...... buckeyegirl 08-16-04 2
 RE: Interview with Caleb after ...... seahorse 08-31-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-16-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interview with Caleb after ...Finale"
Thank you Lolette, for sharing this interview. I find it interesting that he still thinks she is so nice after seeing all her behaviors and comments during the show.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Agman2 1601 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-19-16, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Interview with Caleb after ...Finale"
He still thinks she's nice because he's a perfect patsy.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interview with Caleb after ...Finale"
Lolette, you are a gem with these articles! Thanks for the article...as motormouth said, it's amazing he still finds her sweet and nice.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-04, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interview with Caleb after ...Finale"
Great find, thanks for the info.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •