The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"what happened on the finale?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

rocco21 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-05-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rocco21 Click to send private message to rocco21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"what happened on the finale?"
okay, I blew it and missed it and my tape didn't work and I am beside myself. who did he pick and did they pick him or the money and what was the twist? Help!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: what happened on the finale? julbee 07-06-04 1
   RE: what happened on the finale? Sue 07-06-04 2
 RE: what happened on the finale? mookiemeister 07-06-04 3
   RE: what happened on the finale? Loree 07-06-04 5
 What a waste of time!!!! PrincessJ 07-06-04 4
 RE: what happened on the finale? mmm_link 07-06-04 6
   RE: what happened on the finale? Loree 07-06-04 7
       RE: what happened on the finale? schmoe 07-06-04 8
           RE: what happened on the finale? CantStandToLook 07-06-04 9
       RE: what happened on the finale? tennismenace 07-06-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

julbee 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-06-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail julbee Click to send private message to julbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
I missed it to and forgot to set my vcr... SOMEONE... tell us!!! and what is this talk about next weeks show???
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sue 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-06-04, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sue Click to send private message to Sue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
I didn't see it yet, but he picked PJ. She picked love over money and he picked love over money. Could this be the first time a male contestant on a dating show actually picks a girl to marry?

Rachel and Andrea will be back in FLOM 4 with 15 suitors.

Crazy4RealityTVMagazine has a good summary available now. Sirlinksalot.net has the link if you can't find it otherwise.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-06-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
>okay, I blew it and missed
>it and my tape didn't
>work and I am beside
>myself. who did he pick
>and did they pick him
>or the money and what
>was the twist? Help!

Preston picked PJ and it was a love-conquer-all ending. Rachel in a private interview said she would've pick Preston over the money because she said you can earn $1 million anywhere but true love is hard to find. But she was pretty upset when Preston rejected her. On the other hand, she will be back in the next season. Hurray! We get to see more of Rachel fighting it out with Andrea over 15 guys. I hope Rachel win over Andrea because I don't really care for Andrea.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
Preston and PJ walked away without knowing what her money had been worth. Then we see it light up and show us $1 after they leave.

PrincessJ 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-06-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PrincessJ Click to send private message to PrincessJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "What a waste of time!!!!"
I thought the Finale was boring and so predictable. We all knew that Rachel would end up with the million dollar check, just as the producers wanted. I hope things work out for PJ and Preston. I think she deserves better than Preston.

The whole deal with Andrea and Rachel coming back to compete against each other is LAME. I think my days of watching FLOM are OVER!

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-06-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
I found the ending too convenient. He kicks Rachael off and she finds out she held the $1,000,000 check. He starts to tell PJ "But" then says "I choose you" (like that wasn't prompted by a producer). They both say they choose love over the check and neither one wants to look at the check (worth only $1).

I will probably only watch the last 15 minutes of the following series because it looks like it is just going to be too confusing to keep track since both women want the $1,000,000 check over love.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
I just didn't think Preston looked all that thrilled with PJ. Their kiss didn't even look real. It was like he was told to not pick Rachel so they could have her in the next series. And it was so convenient that Andrea and Rachel each had a million and they were the two that hated each other so they could both come back to compete again. The whole thing ended so anti-climatic.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-06-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
Many posts predicted Preston would go for the money or for Rachel cause of her looks. This week, Preston picks the right girl, and chooses love over money. Does he get any credit? No, now he's just a tool of the producers. Preston just can't win. Give this guy his do - for the most part he availed himself well.

As to producers, and their influence on the show. I have no doubt that producers script alot of the so called "reality". I have no doubt that they:
- purposefully cast villains, and show those villains in the most villainist light
- purposefully edit scenes and fail to show other scenes to attempt to mislead viewers so that the final ending can be a big shocker!
- encourage certain confessionals and discourage other confessionals. For example, nobody wants the bachelor stating in week 2, "I found the girl of my dreams, the other 24 can go home right now as far as I'm concerned".
- cast only good looking people, except when they want to exploit the non good looking people.

However, I do not believe they producers instruct the protagonist on who to pick or who to reject. This would be scandalous if it came out - and would ruin the show and possibly the credibility of all reality shows on that network. If this were the case, don't you think they would consider hiring a real actor rather than an above average Joe?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
I dont have anything against Preston and I was glad that he made the decision that he did BUT he is STILL a tool for the producers

They dont try to hide that fact (not very hard at least) that they guide the contestants and counsel them in their decisions. That's not to say that Preston couldn't do what he wanted and that the decisions that he made weren't his own. It DOES say that they provide direct influence in his decisions whether he opts to listen to them or not.

Doesn't make the show any more fake or real...It's entertainment. Is this guy gonna marry the girl? Don't count on it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun.

tennismenace 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-06-04, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tennismenace Click to send private message to tennismenace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: what happened on the finale?"
I totally agree with you. The fix was on. Their kiss was so hockey--no passion at all. PJ is boring and Preston seems totally disinterested.

I think "they" told her her check was the one dollar one, which they conveniently set up.

No question they wanted Rachael back for 4. She is the biggest drawing card. They learned from their mistake last year when they brought back that boring daughter of some football player.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •