The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

katgirl 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-03, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katgirl Click to send private message to katgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"

Guys,
these shows are ALL set ups.
Do you think that if Paige had been chosen by Rob that there would have been For LOVE OR $ 2???
They are guided.
They are to do what their contracts say.
These are not REALITY shows they are the "Producer/Creator of the show's reality"
Do you really think that Erin is going to Win? NONONO
She will walk away with this CONSOLATION PRIZE that the show keeps saying occasionally during the opening of the show"
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... kcstrip 08-25-03 1
   RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... katgirl 08-25-03 2
       RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... kcstrip 08-25-03 3
           RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... kcstrip 08-25-03 4
       RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... Lumster 08-25-03 6
   RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... Lumster 08-25-03 5
       RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... katgirl 08-25-03 7
           RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... katgirl 08-25-03 8
 RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... Temporarykarma 08-25-03 9
   RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... Lumster 08-26-03 10
       RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... katgirl 08-26-03 11
           Game Show Fixes CantStandToLook 08-26-03 12
   RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... SurvivinDawg 08-26-03 13
       RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... Temporarykarma 08-26-03 19
           RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... Lumster 08-27-03 20
       RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... bananne81 09-07-03 22
           RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... Lumster 09-08-03 23
 Speaking of Paige Loree 08-26-03 14
   RE: Speaking of Paige SurvivinDawg 08-26-03 15
   RE: Speaking of Paige Guppin1234 08-26-03 18
   RE: Speaking of Paige Lumster 08-27-03 21
 RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... kcstrip 08-26-03 16
   RE: If PAIGE had won, there would N... CantStandToLook 08-26-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kcstrip 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-25-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kcstrip Click to send private message to kcstrip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
There could still have been a second season if Paige was chosen or even if Erin had chosen Rob. They could have simply had the loser do the second show. They can always figure a way to milk something like this for what it's worth. After all, they are coming out with Joe Millionaire 2 even though the surprise is gone. While I think some if these shows are set up, I don't agree that the theory necessarily applies here.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-25-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katgirl Click to send private message to katgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
Paige would have made a terrible woman for #2 show. She is a child , first off; second, she is a child; very much so a child.
She fell in love with Rob after one date.
She couldn't even sleep some nights because she "L--O--V--E--D" Rob SSSSSSOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!
I really liked Paige at first, but then the girl REALLY got on my nerves. She truly acted like a little puppy dog.
If she had done FLOM2, she would have fallen in love with at least 10 of the 15 men right away and cried the entire show because she had to keep eliminating "the love of her life"!!!
They had the whole show planned, especially the ending so they could begin production on show #2.

08-25-03, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kcstrip Click to send private message to kcstrip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
I definitely disagree with you there. I think a lot of people
liked Paige and thought she was sweet. And the fact that she was in it for love would have made the show just as interesting because people would be courious to know if she would get her heart broken again. But even if Paige didn't work out the could have had even one of the other girls who weren't picked do the second show. They had several to choose from remember. Like I said, there is always a way to milk something like this in case things don't work out.

08-25-03, 08:03 PM (EST)
4. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
Oh, and one more thing I might add, if they REALLY wanted to set this up, they could have had Rob choose Paige and Paige choose the money over Rob. That would have shocked everyone!

Lumster 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-25-03, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lumster Click to send private message to Lumster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
I think Paige would've made for a better, more interesting FLOM2 because she is actually capable of showing emotion, unlike the money-hungry whore Erin who people could care less about. Paige is vulnerable, trusting, and seems to be truly looking for love. I would've liked to have seen her in this role Erin has. It would be less predictable.

08-25-03, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lumster Click to send private message to Lumster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
It's like any reality show. The Bachelorette came about with the rejected Trista from The Bachelor. There's always a way to come up with a sequel. Had Paige been picked and she chose Rob, Erin would've been asked to do FLOM2. If Erin had chose Rob over the money, they would've asked Paige back. If Paige declined, there's Kelly. I don't think it's have as scripted as a lot of people think it is. Sure, the producers may try to "puppeteer" the players into thinking a certain way but I don't think they are told what to say or do.

08-25-03, 10:27 PM (EST)
7. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
Come to think of it, after reading all these posts, especially the one about Paige having been a good choice for FLOM2 because she showed a lot of emotion---I AGREE!! She did, and she would have made a better choice...thanks for the insight!!

08-25-03, 10:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
BTW, that post I just posted was in response to LUNSTER'S post

Temporarykarma 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-25-03, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Temporarykarma Click to send private message to Temporarykarma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
The only problem with your theory is that each of these shows falls under FCC regulations and federal law that prohibits the producers/directors from influencing the outcome in ANY way. If they 'set up' Erin to win, they could go to jail and/or face multimillion dollar fines

08-26-03, 00:19 AM (EST)
10. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
That's just it. They only influence, they don't "set up" anyone or tell anyone to choose someone over another person. It's not scripted like many people believe or yes, it would be in violation of such laws. They can push a little here, pull a little there. It's very subtle, just the same way that producers may tell someone in the Big Brother household to "stir up some #####". It's done in such a way that they will never be able to prove anything in court.

08-26-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
11. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
How would I find this out? About the FCC Regulations?
Are you sure about this????
They canNOT alter the outcome of any of these "reality" shows in any way????
Does this apply to Canada too???

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Game Show Fixes"
If you want to find a thorough thread on fixing of game shows and whether these shows fall in that category, I'd suggest checking out the Big Brother Boards. SurvingDawg could tell you all about as he was involved in much of the discussion but these shows aren't exactly game shows. I think some of them are actually classified something like scripted reality which exempts them to some extent from following the FCC mandates to the letter.

Again, I'm definitely no expert or even novice but I've been reading the boards for a while and following the conversations even if I dont post. The Big Brother thread has plenty of information and speculation on all these rules and how they affect the shows we watch.

have fun

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-03, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
The only problem with your theory is that each of these shows falls under FCC regulations and federal law that prohibits the producers/directors from influencing the outcome in ANY way. If they 'set up' Erin to win, they could go to jail and/or face multimillion dollar fines

This is totally, totally incorrect.

First, in this particular show, the producers run a disclaimer at the end where they CLEARLY state they "consult" on the direciton of the program. And you can believe the contestants' contracts say the exact same thing.

Second, this isn't a game show like "Concentration" or "The Price Is Right". Most networks are now calling them "Unscripted Drama" programs as their classification. But even without that, there are significant differences in these RealityTV shows and game shows.

Third, Erin is getting some money no matter what. That's called "getting paid", and the amount is the only thing in question.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Temporarykarma 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-26-03, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Temporarykarma Click to send private message to Temporarykarma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
FLOM falls under the same regulations as Survivor, which IS being sued (or was) for trying to influence the outcome. If there is "prize money" involved, its regulated.

08-27-03, 00:18 AM (EST)
20. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
I think the person who tried to sue Survivor(CBS) ended up getting nothing because she had no proof.

bananne81 19 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-03, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bananne81 Click to send private message to bananne81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
The question is, then, are there any true Reality TV shows?

09-08-03, 11:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
There's been many people on this board who say that the show is scripted and that they're told or consulted as to what to say and who to pick. For all those people who think this show is scripted, I suggest you go and watch The Joe Shmoe show, where only one guy thinks he's playing for $100,000 in a Big Brother type of household and everywhere else are actors. It is SO EASY to mess up!!! One guy really messed up by forgetting something and the girl who got booted out was so overly dramatic, it reaked of fake. You can't fake reality shows. You'd be able to tell because the actors WILL screw up.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-03, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Speaking of Paige"
We all suspected that Paige was going to be the mystery guest. They kept telling us it was a surprise. Well it sure was. We had no idea who this woman was. Why did they bother? She didn't help Erin or add to the show.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Speaking of Paige"
Purely for the teaser value. They wanted us to THINK it was Paige... they sent their Rob-loving minions to the various boards to pump the theory up... they advertised it in previews last time that it was someone Rob knew, to give us the idea that it was someone else in FLOM 1, probably Paige.

And we believed it and waited with breathless anticipation for Paige to come into the room...

Well, it wasn't Paige. The girl was good looking, with a very nice pair of legs , but no it wasn't Paige...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-26-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Speaking of Paige"
It was interesting to see a fresh perspective (I'm assuming it's fresh, anyway), she had good things to say about each guy except Chad being too much like every other guy in San Francisco - whatever that means.

08-27-03, 00:20 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Speaking of Paige"
I must admit it was a bit of a downer to find out the "mystery guest" was in fact, no one important. That's their last minute attempt to drum up interest in the show now nearing it's finale. Sad to sad but I'm looking forward more to the reunion show than to the actual finale!

08-26-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
16. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-03 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

I don't know about FCC violations or any laws governing these things, but pure logic tells me that outcome of these shows are definitely not predetermined. Reality TV shows are extremely popular with producers beacause they are cheap to make and if you have a hit on your hands the pay off can be huge. And the reason they are cheap to produce is because you don't have to pay out large salaries to actors to star in the show. You just get people off the street who want to win some money or be famous or both. Now if the outcomes are predetermined because you'd have to fork over mucho denero to ALL the participants to take a dive and keep their mouths shut. This totally defeats the purpose of producing a cheap tv show. And it's a huge gamble on show that may or may not work. Not to mention you'd have to deal with law suits from disgruntled participants who may later have regrets about taking a dive or eventually someone would blab for a better offer. And don't give me arguments about waivers and contracts because there is always some loop hole around those things and some slick lawyer with dollar signs in their eyes would definitely find one. So it just isn't economical to script the outcome of these things. May they subtly influence the action, but that is expected. You have to make the show interesting. But it's way too complicated to completely control everything that happens.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If PAIGE had won, there would NOT have been a FLOM2!!!!!"
First off...they indicated that Erin's best friend knew Rob but he sure didn't act like he'd ever seen her before. What's up with that?

Second, the producers can do whatever they want and though they do have a heavy hand in influencing these people it doesn't even come down to that. From watching the show that started it all "The Real World" on MTV, I've seen that the trick is to ask the right (or more importantly wrong) questions, or ask over and over and over again till you get the answer you want or several sound or video clips that closely resemble the answer you want and then EDIT the whole dam thing to look however you want it.

I'm not letting Erin off the hook for her desire to prostitute herself to men she doesn't even like for the million but some of it is editing to make it appear the way they want us to see it. As with anything though, they can't force her to be a complete money hungry slut...she was that to begin with..they just exploit it for the purpose of what they consider "good tv".

Since it's not a true competition where the outcome rests solely in a competitors ability to perform a task or impart some knowledge ..they can mess with these people and tell them whatever they want as long as to a general extent they're telling them all the same thing. No one has gained an advantage though Ms. Erin may lose a bit of hers. I believe that they've been trying to get the guys to realize that Erin's not being straight with them and that something is up to increase the chance that whoever she picks will shock the sh*t out of her and take the money and run.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •