The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Personal reflections"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

EdmeeJHills 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-21-03, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EdmeeJHills Click to send private message to EdmeeJHills Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Personal reflections"
Rob Campos is an intelligent man but as well extremely gullible.

Ms. Brodie fooled both he and Paige into believing her to be other than her true self. She is an expert at doing that. She induced Rob Campos to believe her an intellectual with emotional depth, savvy and flair, when in reality, she is nothing more than a sack of bones dressed in tasteless chemises and is solely centered on herself. She lacks feminity and endearing qualities. Her facial expressions reveal the cunning sides of her personality.
She fooled Paige into believing her her friend when in reality she confused Paige into making mistakes that would clear the way for she to be chosen by gullible Rob. Who thought she was more mature than Paige and more in tune with him.

As far as next week's visitor, that individual could either be Paige or for reasons I cannot divulge here, Alima Ravenscroft. Both Alima and Paige are total antidotes to Erin Brodie dry and complexed personality, and bond to remind the last three contestants of what real women are all about.

Ms. Brodie was chosen based on her father's immense popularity, this monumental error of judgment has driven many viewers away. Paige or even Kelly would have given FLOM#2 real luster, excitment and human drama to be enjoyed by all watching. They would have given FLOM#2 a good dose of real reality.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Personal reflections CantStandToLook 08-22-03 1
   RE: Personal reflections tvguy123 08-23-03 5
 RE: Personal reflections Lumster 08-22-03 2
 RE: Personal reflections SurvivinDawg 08-22-03 3
 RE: Personal reflections munson 08-22-03 4
   RE: Personal reflections Loree 08-24-03 6
       RE: Personal reflections EdmeeJHills 08-24-03 7
           RE: Personal reflections LadyT 08-25-03 9
               RE: Personal reflections EdmeeJHills 08-25-03 11
                   RE: Personal reflections LadyT 08-25-03 13
               RE: Personal reflections nailbone 08-27-03 21
           RE: Personal reflections shortcake15 08-25-03 10
               RE: Personal reflections EdmeeJHills 08-25-03 12
                   RE: Personal reflections spinningwords 08-27-03 17
                       RE: Personal reflections Guppin1234 08-27-03 18
                           RE: Personal reflections EdmeeJHills 08-27-03 19
                               RE: Personal reflections Guppin1234 08-27-03 24
                           RE: Personal reflections spinningwords 09-02-03 28
                   RE: Personal reflections EnglProf 08-27-03 22
                       RE: Personal reflections EdmeeJHills 08-27-03 23
           RE: Personal reflections nailbone 08-27-03 20
       RE: Personal reflections Lumster 08-24-03 8
           RE: Personal reflections wonton 08-26-03 14
               RE: Personal reflections SurvivinDawg 08-26-03 15
                   RE: Personal reflections shortcake15 08-26-03 16
                       RE: Personal reflections leogirl_21 09-01-03 25
                           RE: Personal reflections ray 09-01-03 26
                               RE: Personal reflections Guppin1234 09-02-03 27
   RE: Personal reflections oneheadlight 09-03-03 37
 RE: Personal reflections EdmeeJHills 09-02-03 29
   RE: Personal reflections Guppin1234 09-02-03 30
       RE: Personal reflections Lumster 09-03-03 33
           RE: Personal reflections Guppin1234 09-03-03 35
   RE: Personal reflections SurvivinDawg 09-02-03 31
       RE: Personal reflections travelingprincess 09-02-03 32
       RE: Personal reflections leogirl_21 09-03-03 34
 RE: Personal reflections oneheadlight 09-03-03 36
   RE: Personal reflections Lumster 09-04-03 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-22-03, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Personal reflections"
You definitely sound like you've given this a lot of thought and I agree with most of your points. The one I agree the most with is (even though I never heard of him) the reason they duped Rob into selecting Erin was because of her fathers name. I have to agree with others too who think that they planned the whole FLOM2 thing around that fact and maybe her and Rob will end up playing all the other contestants.

I have a love/hate relationship with watching this drivel but I could never go on a show where there was a competition to win someones heart. I just dont believe that's how love really happens which probably explains why with one exception all of these shows are nothing more than soap operas where in the end, the actors go back to their normal lives and their supposed dream mate or cupid or bachlorette or whatever BS name they give to it just walks away without the slightest of interest in what could have been.

I only watched one episode of Race to the Altar cause it was just so horribly scripted but at least there the couples stand a chance because they knew each other and fell in love before the competitions began.

my nickel.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tvguy123 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-23-03, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvguy123 Click to send private message to tvguy123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Personal reflections"
No matter what, the bottom line Rob is an idiot, stupid and moran.

Lumster 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lumster Click to send private message to Lumster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Personal reflections"
I don't think Rob is a smart man at all. True, the producers probably made him look like more of an ass than he really is but some of his personal choices in life have proven enough for me that is not at all very smart (like losing his job at his law firm based on an incident where he sexually assaulted a woman while in the army). He also proved to be not all that swift when he actually thought he had a chance with Erin in the first FLOM. Even us viewers, who saw the edited takes, could tell she felt no attraction to the guy and was merely putting on an act. If anyone was smart when it came to this game, it was Erin for fooling the goof into picking her in the end. However, in this second installment, Erin has proved to be even dumber than Rob in her quest for big money and that is her quest - she has no desire to find love. She is a liar and manipulative b*tch and would do anything in order to get the money, even if that means keeping Rob around longer if she believes he is truly falling in love with her.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Personal reflections"
I was wondering where the "Rob Support Group" had gone off to. Welcome back, EJH!

Rob Campos is an intelligent man but as well extremely gullible.

Uh huh. Please observe below the quotation beneath my logo for my opinion on contradictions. In this case, the premise that is incorrect is the premise that Rob is an intelligent man. He is not. The fact that he would appear on this silly show a second time confirms this lack of intelligence. Furthermore to this subject, he is a drunken lout, a loser, and a failure.

Ms. Brodie was chosen based on her father's immense popularity,

"immense" popularity?!!?! Those are hardly words I would use to describe John Brodie, especially outside the San Francisco area. A lot of younger viewers probably are not really aware of who Brodie is! Heck, I had forgotten that Atlanta QB Chris Chandler was married to one of Brodie's daughters.

No, the reasons Erin was picked probably have little to do with her father or his name, but instead her looks, personality, and DAWness.

But I do agree with other comments about Erin and her personality.

P.S. Alima?!?!?!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Personal reflections"
Paige as "real" woman, huh? Yikes, you scare me.

Now, Kelly, that would have been an interesting choice. Love me some Kelly.

Erin was picked because she chose money over Rob, something any intelligent, independent woman would have done. Your bud Alima would have done the same. Paige was the only idiot who would have even considered picking Rob.

So, Erin mesmerized Rob into picking her? Please. He saw a classy, beautiful, smart woman and wanted her. Not Paige. Not Kelly. Not Alima. Deal.

I truly do NOT understand all the Erin hatas out there.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Personal reflections"
I don't understand why people hate Erin so much either. She's a DAW and she went for the money. Who would pick Rob over a million? Now that woman would be hard to find.

And I had no idea who Erin's father was till someone explained it to me. And I still wouldn't be able to pick him out of a crowd.

08-24-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EdmeeJHills Click to send private message to EdmeeJHills Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Personal reflections"
Good morning Loree:

Oh yes, you would be able to pick 'him' out of a crowd. 'He'physically stands out anywhere he goes.

So said, none of us hate MS. Brodie, we just exercise the right she gave us to analyze her having gone public. The lady is far from being an example of genuine feminity with appealing qualities and depth of character. She is shallow, egotistical and riddled with conflicting personality flaws.
That she chose the money over 'him' was her legitimate right. No one can fault her for that choice. What I, personally object to, is the way she 'toyed' with Paige's naivete and inexperience in order to secure her position as number one!

Another thing I would like to comment about, regards Rob Campos efforts to distanced himelf from Paige, by first telling her she was too young for him during a car ride then later,during the lunch he shared with the two ladies, literally and rudely ignoring her altogether.
The bottom line is that Rob Campos was truly attracted to Paige but thought, what a dope, that Ms. Brodie was a safer choice, both on an intellectual and age levels. He never considered Paige was ready to learn and grow with him.

What a pity. But on the other hand, reality seldom follows a fair and logical path. This show is perfect illustration of it.

Make this Sunday a happy day for all.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Personal reflections"
You are right. He does stand out physically in a crowd. As the doofus who sexually assaulted a woman in the Army and thought the SmokingGun.com wouldn't find out about it.

08-25-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Personal reflections"
Lady T I feel sorry for you. You sound so belligerent. As far as the incident involving Rob Campos with that female officer, neither you nor the SmokingGun.com held the candle. So, how can you be so sure Mr. Campos actually assaulted that woman. After spending 27 years as the spouse of a man who gave 30 years of his life in service of his country, I take the whole affair with a heavy grain of salt.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Personal reflections"
I am not a belligerent person at all. I am just a person who knows fact from fiction. Do you know much about the SmokingGun.com? Perhaps you should look into it. They are very credible and many news sources use them as sources.

This is the last time I am going to address this with you. Have you read the report that they acquired? I have and I believe he is guilty of his sins. Apparently his law firm did too. And as the sister in law of a man who is going overseas in less than a month, He and I believe the SmokingGun.com

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Personal reflections"
>You are right. He does
>stand out physically in a
>crowd.
>
The person referred to as "standing out in a crowd" was John Brodie, not Rob Campos.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

shortcake15 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shortcake15 Click to send private message to shortcake15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Personal reflections"
Mrs. Hills, I for one agree with you about Rob. Maybe he made mistakes in judgement in the past but he seems like a nice person. I also thought Paige was the perfect choice for him. The Paige-Rob romance was what kept me watching. They were sweet together and the chemistry seemed real. He shouldn't have let the age thing stop him. Paige seemed mature for her age. I never thought Rob was boring. How well would any of us do with cameras in our faces every minute? You talk like you know him personally-do you?

08-25-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Personal reflections"
Good morning Shortcake 15. No, I do not known Mr. Campos personally, but years of rubbing elbows with so many individuals around the world and studying human nature, I think I have acquired a keen insight of what make people be what they are.

I think the time has come for networks sponsoring Reality Shows, to gather pannels composed of the more astute 'posters' from various message boards in order to benefit from their reactions and observations. The shows would gain tremendous valuable insight and would stick closer to reality.

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-27-03, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail spinningwords Click to send private message to spinningwords Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Personal reflections"
Good grief........

a) Paige was a good actor

b) Both Paige and Rob are drunks

c) Didn't anyone watch the first 3 episodes and how Rob AND Paige acted? You don't find love in the first 3 hours of a reality show. Paige had nothing but puppy love. Furthermore if Paige REALLY fell in love with Rob wouldn't she have contacted him by now? And wouldn't Rob have considered contacting Paige if he felt ANY hint of attraction for her?

Get real

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-27-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Personal reflections"
We will see what happens in the reunion show as Rob will get that chance to speak to Paige as he requested earlier in a television interview just after being rejected by Erin.

08-27-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Personal reflections"
Hullo Guppin1234, which interview are you referring to, and is your other name Andy?

Best to you. EJH

08-27-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Personal reflections"
I believe it was on Extra or Access, and it was shortly after the end of FLOM1. No, I have never gone by "Andy" - I've only posted under Guppin1234. Do I sense my identity has been stolen or just some intensity in your tone for no reason?

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-02-03, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail spinningwords Click to send private message to spinningwords Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Personal reflections"
And that VALIDATES what I said about Rob in the first place. After watching the reunion show and seeing even more footage of things we had not seen..... I believe Erin DID the right thing in the first place. And that Rob is still a DAW

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-03, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Personal reflections"
EJH---

I'm so curious to know why you have such a weird obsession with defending Rob.

I think you're taking things a bit far. Your previous posts have certainly implied that you know Rob, which seems creepy considering you now suggest that you are only a good judge of character-- which I disagree with.

Rob grates on my last nerve. He's what I would refer to as "pathetic." He whines when he talks constantly and PERPETUALLY begs for people (Erin, Paige) to validate his feelings for him.

Ick-- just thinking about the slow-talking stupid moron makes me cringe.

I DO THINK that you have been told enough that your assertion that Rob is innocent of the attack against that woman IS MISINFORMED.

If you won't bother doing proper research, and instead insist on falling back on however many years of "rubbing elbows" you've had to help you make character assessments, then we have NO REASON to listen to you. You don't have the authority to make the claims you've made.

Also, if you want to call me belligerent too, go right ahead. I don't think it reflects poorly on MY CHARACTER that I at least understand all the facts before I raise up on this board.

Good Day, EJH!

08-27-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Personal reflections"
EnglishProf.

Good enough, I respect your opinion regarding my person and erroneous judgment.
But, are you giving any consideration that perhaps I have not only done a thorough reseach regarding the incident in question and might have as well had entry to non-public records?

All the best> EJH

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Personal reflections"
> What I,
>personally object to, is the
>way she 'toyed' with Paige's
>naivete and inexperience in order
>to secure her position as
>number one!
>
Ahem...it's a GAME!!! Erin played to win a million dollars. And she played Rob and Erin along the way.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

08-24-03, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lumster Click to send private message to Lumster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Personal reflections"
>I don't understand why people hate
>Erin so much either.
>She's a DAW and she
>went for the money.
>Who would pick Rob over
>a million? Now that
>woman would be hard to
>find.

There are many reasons why I hate Erin. First and foremost, she's a hippocrate. Not only did she choose money over Rob the first time but she proved to the world that she's a money hungry whore by keeping him around the second time, thinking he'll most likely choose her over the money, not because she actually likes him. Had she gotten rid of him right away last show, I would've respected her because she would've shown the world that she made the right choice the first time around. She didn't like him, hence she chose the money. Secondly, I don't even think Erin knows what she wants. In one breath, she'd say good things about a given guy, next thing, she's saying another guy would be a better choice because he'd pick her over the money. If she was really into this for love, she wouldn't care about who would choose her over the money. In this respect, I do admire Rob for what he did. He could've did the "safe" thing and picked Paige but he was more attracted to Erin and picked her instead, knowing it was a gamble. Thirdly, Erin isn't even honest in her own dialogs with the men she played. Prime example, Greg. She accused him of not opening up to her and that was why she eliminated him when in fact, she felt no chemistry there. A more honest approach would've been to tell the guy there was no attraction there.

wonton 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-26-03, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wonton Click to send private message to wonton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Personal reflections"
I agree she is a tater tot. She talks with a double toungue, and she always beating around the bush. I disagree, with these comments about rob being a stupid doofas. The guy chooses love over money, and this indicates dinstinguished depth, integrity, and that is a rich in itself. Second, the guy shows fortitude, being totally rejected and disgraced on national TV for a second time. When all is said and done, I hope America rewards this guy as a celebrity, because I for one, want to see his face again. I think he has captured the hearts of the public. And, as for Erin, that girl is demonstrating a very shallow greedy side.

Did you catch the comment by her friend tonight "dont forget what you came here for.... pick the one who has the means to get you there" or something like that. It is obvious Erins plan was for the 2 million.

I like Chad, but I hope he wants to take the money and run at the end of this deceptive fiasco. He seems like a guy with integrity.

08-26-03, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Personal reflections"
It is obvious Erins plan was for the 2 million.

In fairness, Erin has made no secret that this has been her objective since Moment One of FLOM 2.

Even last night, Erin's dubbed in comments were that these guys were just a means to her objective, that being the two million dollars.

Wade was right: she's just keeping him around, on a line, for her purposes.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

shortcake15 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-03, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shortcake15 Click to send private message to shortcake15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Personal reflections"
I completely agree with you Dawg and anyways, who could fall in love in 3 weeks. You can't blame the girl .

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-01-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Personal reflections"
I really don't care who Erin chooses because I really like both Chad and Wade...but I really hope that whichever guy she chooses, they pick the money over her! I have really had it with her! She really annoys me! All she ever thought about from the start of the show was the money...she never really gave thought to love...and now she has 2 wonderful guys to choose from but I'm sure her decision will be based on whom she thinks is less likely to choose money over love. I can't wait to see the guys reaction to her first choice of picking the money over Rob....that ought to be worth a few laughs!

ray 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-03, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ray Click to send private message to ray Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Personal reflections"
I totally agree with you.....ERIN is just a gold digger. My deepest wish is for the man she choose to take the money over her. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Then she can experience the pain that ROB felt. The women has been after the money for the first episode.

09-02-03, 02:08 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Personal reflections"
It looks that way. She even speaks out of the side of her mouth in the previews when she tells one of them (Chad) that she's falling in love with him. In the reunion show, Wade seemed very depressed whereas Chad seemed unabashedly elated. In FLOM1 she said she signed up for the show only to have some fun, so yes, she has been dishonest from the start as the premise for the show was just like The Bachelor in the beginning. She not only ruined an otherwise good experience for herself, but for everyone else involved as well. She rightly deserves everything that's coming to her. She doesn't deserve love or money at this point in her life; she doesn't seem to appreciate anything. She says she has lived her whole life as double or nothing, yet she never learns. With that Vegas-type mentality, maybe she wanted the money to give to her parents to pay off a gambling debt.

oneheadlight 6 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oneheadlight Click to send private message to oneheadlight Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Personal reflections"
I am completely with you on this! Erin studied tv production at usc and I believe is making very a smart career move by doing this show.

She is pretty, poised, smart and ambitious. All good qualities.

I hope that she wins! Whatever that means.

09-02-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Personal reflections"
This is an addendum to my original reflections!

Last nite's Reunion confirms my personal opinions that both Paige and Rob Campos are special individuals. They both have a fundamental honesty and caring nature that prevent them to play games with other people's feelings. Of all participants of FLOM#1 and #2, they very seldom strayed away from basic reality. they constantly remained true to themselves. Even when confronted by their own failings.

Last nite, Paige handled herself graciously, with an honesty and aplomb belying her young years. I don't believe she is aware she betrayed her still existing feelings for Rob during the showing of being rejected by him. And as far as Rob is concerned, being sandwiched between the woman he foolishly rejected and the one who humiliated him and being dehumanized by show's projections and remarks by attendants, he took it on the chin without showing his personal anguish at being so cruelly represented on national tele.

They truly deserve to be brought back to the big screen as hosts of a new Reality Show.

Until next week, I wish the very best to my fellow posters.

EJH

09-02-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Personal reflections"
I loved it when Rob told that skanky hostess that he had been stood up four times in one week as she tried to skim by the issue that the show doesn't ruin lives. I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. He looked much better with his new haircut. Now that he's out of the snake pit, I hope he will be able to get on with his life in a positive direction.

I hope Paige grew up a bit. In the show, she kept saying, "I don't know how Rob feels about me." That was her big clue. If at that point, she still doesn't know, chances are he doesn't feel seriously about her. Why he kept her instead of Kelly I'll never know.

Then Kelly claimed to have a real bond with Paige? What a bold faced lie. She continually stabbed Paige behind her back playing up the age difference in her favor - quite vicious.

The disco scene was very funny - scared Wade to death. Don't get too close to me he says.

"being so cruelly represented on national tele" - how DO they get away with it. At least ABC was classy enough to keep it a straight dating game with Bachelor/Bachelorette.

09-03-03, 02:04 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Personal reflections"
Thing is, shows like Bachelor/Bachelorette as so passe. Like the evolution of reality TV, you need a twist to keep them coming - thanks to Joe Millionaire. Now, all these reality dating shows that have no subplot or twists of some kind, are too boring to watch and their time has passed. It's all a go for ratings.

09-03-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Personal reflections"
I had grown tired of them when it was just Survivor and Big Brother. I have seen very little of Survivor, but when I saw that they had to put out their little torch as they were eliminated, I nearly died laughing.

09-02-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Personal reflections"
Last nite's Reunion confirms my personal opinions that both Paige and Rob Campos are special individuals.

Yep. 'Specially BAD individuals. Hello, EdmeeJHills. I'm sure you won't be totally shocked to learn that I don't agree with you about Rob and/or Paige, to wit:

They both have a fundamental honesty and caring nature that prevent them to play games with other people's feelings.

They both have a fundamental DAWness and desire to see themselves in front of a camera. THAT was plainly evident, especially on Paige's part.

Last nite, Paige handled herself graciously, with an honesty and aplomb belying her young years.

Paige looked like a small child that wants to be in front of a camera. Her constant motions, waving at people, turning around, even her well-prepared-and-practiced lines, were all designed to get the camera and its viewers tuned in to HER. I thought she absolutely showed her (young) age last night.

And as far as Rob is concerned, being sandwiched between the woman he foolishly rejected and the one who humiliated him and being dehumanized by show's projections and remarks by attendants, he took it on the chin without showing his personal anguish at being so cruelly represented on national tele.

I remarked elsewhere that Rob *did* try to take the high road in all this, so I did and do give him credit there. However, I also think this shows a real lack of common sense, not to mention a desire to be seen before the camera, for him to continue to act the way he does in front of the camera. Personal anguish? I wonder if to this day he realizes how boorish his actions were on that show, not to mention his military-career-ending incident. Personal anguish? Is he smart enough to realize he's supposed to be feeling "personal anguish" over any of this?!?!

They truly deserve to be brought back to the big screen as hosts of a new Reality Show.

Fine, but don't be surprised when their show bombs and they flop. See: Evan Mariott on the fleeting nature of RealityTV fame...

travelingprincess 9 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingprincess Click to send private message to travelingprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Personal reflections"
Anyone who thinks Paige is not in it for so many other reasons is crazy! check out her website http://www.lovepaigejones.com/
it's hilarious! She is far from an innocent little angel!

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-03-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Personal reflections"
As for the reunion show, I think that a lot of air was cleared. First of all, when they asked the contestants who Erin will pick, I believe that 10 people said Wade and 13 people said Chad...so it is pretty close. In the preview Erin mentioned that she was falling in love with someone -- obviously its Chad! I think that Rob and Paige's presence was amazing! Rob looked so much better with the haircut and Paige was very genuine and so was Rob. Erin was just there...not doing much.
She seemed kinda spaced out, maybe she did lose the cash. When I saw Eric and Vic, it reminded me how much I missed them...they were funny. And finally, when Wade and Chad came out, I was surprised...Erin looked shocked!
I now have come to a conclusion: I believe that Erin did choose Chad and I think he must have chose the money IMO. Would serve her right!

oneheadlight 6 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oneheadlight Click to send private message to oneheadlight Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Personal reflections"
Yikes.

I see things very differently.

I see Rob as a complete dud and Paige as an air-head goof.

I see Erin is smart, career-oriented and pretty. She majored in tv production at usc and is using this show to further her career.

Smart.

If she were a man, people would be falling all over themselves to compliment him. . .

09-04-03, 02:54 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Personal reflections"
>I see Erin is smart, career-oriented and pretty. She majored in >tv production at usc and is using this show to further her >career.

Erin is a money-hungry whore and a hippocrite. I don't think this little venture will get her anywhere in TV, unless we're talking D-rate actors who do stints in celebrity boxing and the like. She had a lot of people think poorly of her when she chose the money over Rob. Well, fair enough, she wasn't in love with Rob and she was honest about her intent to choose the money if Rob chose her. So, she wanted a second shot to find love. Even more redeeming because it shows that maybe she wasn't such a money-hungry whore after all. Problem: When Rob came back for a second time, WHY ON EARTH did she not eliminate him immediately and tell him that she didn't feel the connection the first time and hence that was why she took the money? INSTEAD, she lead him on for one more week, then decided to get rid of him. IMO, that was the poorest decision she ever made. She made herself look bad and made Rob look bad. Plus, she proved to the world that she's a money-hungry whore.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •