The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Downton Abbey"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-12, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Downton Abbey"
Anyone else watching? I missed the first season and got hooked in by Sunday's second season premier. Everyone in it is amazing! Playing catch up on the PBS website. Very worth it, I highly recommend!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Downton Abbey Loree 01-10-12 1
 RE: Downton Abbey Pretty_Kitty 01-11-12 2
 *sniffle* moonbaby 01-30-12 3
 Jumps on bandwagon CTgirl 01-31-12 4
 Season 3 new cast member scoop! moonbaby 02-03-12 5
 One more episode left moonbaby 02-13-12 6
  moonbaby 02-20-12 7
 Here we all are moonbaby 02-21-12 8
 RE: Downton Abbey Loree 02-26-12 9
 RE: Downton Abbey trigirl 02-29-12 10
 Get ready! Jan 6th!!! moonbaby 12-31-12 11
 *spoilers* mrc 02-07-13 12
   RE: *spoilers* CTgirl 02-07-13 13
       Yep moonbaby 02-12-13 14
 S3 Finale *spoilers* mrc 02-19-13 15
   RE: S3 Finale *spoilers* Molaholic 02-19-13 16
       RE: S3 Finale *spoilers* thndrkttn 02-21-13 19
   New favorite thing moonbaby 02-19-13 17
   RE: S3 Finale *spoilers* PsychoKitty 02-21-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-12, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Downton Abbey"
I'm watching. I really enjoyed the first season. My biggest problem Sunday night was trying to remember the characters. I had to keep reminding myself who everyone was and what they did in the first season.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-11-12, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Downton Abbey"
LOVE this show! So refreshing after all the other junk I watch. The first season is also streaming on Netflix.

01-30-12, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "*sniffle*"
what an episode.

But really, Matthew. Really?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-12, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Jumps on bandwagon"
I had intended to watch this last season but forgot to DVR the first episode. So many of my friends have said they love it that yesterday when I was home sick in bed, I watched the first 5 episodes from last year. Thanks Netflix!

I lvoe it and can't wait to watch some more tonight!

02-03-12, 02:45 PM (EST)
5. "Season 3 new cast member scoop!"
From CBSnews.com: (CBS) The Dowager Countess better hold onto her cane and have some quips prepared - a new face is coming to "Downton Abbey."

Shirley MacLaine will join the cast for the British hit's third season when it begins filming next month, it was announced Monday. The 77-year-old actress will play Martha Levinson, the mother of Lady Grantham (Elizabeth McGovern).

Oh boy. Let'ssss getttt rrrrreadddyyyyy tooooo RUMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLE

02-13-12, 05:05 PM (EST)
6. "One more episode left"
What will I do without my highbrow soap opera? So much of last night was predictable but in such a satisfying way. I don't like the 2 hour thing, btw. No commercials = no pee break! And no time to change the channel to the Grammys

02-20-12, 10:31 AM (EST)
7. "♥"
What an excellent ending to the season!

02-21-12, 10:27 PM (EST)
8. "Here we all are"
Watchin'Downton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I3YNNI9bxQ&feature=channel

And Part Two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehWaQl5d-_Y&feature=channel

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-12, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Downton Abbey"
I can't wait till season 3. I will miss them all. I can't believe Bates won't be set free. Shirley M will be fun to watch with Maggie Smith.

I can't believe Thomas got the promotion. I spent half the episode worried about the dog. Why doesn't anyone ever overhear O'Brien and Thomas talking?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-29-12, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Downton Abbey"
Darn...how did I miss season two on tv! I watched season 1, but then I heard they cut over 90 minutes for North American audiences. Probably better to watch the DVD's anyway.

12-31-12, 08:31 PM (EST)
11. "Get ready! Jan 6th!!!"
A recap of seasons 1 & 2 with a preview of season 3 is on tonight at 9:30. It beats a Dickless Rockin Eve (patent pending LOL), and then Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper are on at ten so this is perfect. Unless you're one of those crazy people going to a party or freezing your hiney off in Times Square.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-13, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "*spoilers*"
We finally started watching this show a month ago and just finished the episode with Sybil's death. I've never watched a series in a compressed viewing time frame like this, so it's been interesting to see the characters and plot evolve.

S3 has been a bit disappointing. Part of it is the end of WWI, which produced a release of tension. Part of it is Mary and Matthew, who seem to have lost that spark as a couple in the plot. I'm also ready for Bates to be free.

I haven't enjoyed a series as much since Lost and The Walking Dead.

A Slice of Manga

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-13, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: *spoilers*"
Agreed Matthew and Mary have become duds - hard to remember the spark they had for each other. And the Bates story was dragged on waaay too long!

On the other hand, I have loved Maggie Smith even more this season!

02-12-13, 11:17 AM (EST)
14. "Yep"
The Dowager Countess is a hoot. Noticing how they are building up Branson-Tom-Branson to be the hero. Love this show, going to be sad at season's end.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-13, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "S3 Finale *spoilers*"
Well, that was incredibly sad. I hate to see Matthew exit, but understand why the actor wanted to strike while the iron was hot. (Same for the actor playing Sybil.)

I hate to think of a new suitor for Mary, but premature death wasn't unusual during that era.

At least Anna and Bates are happy.

A Slice of Manga

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-13, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S3 Finale *spoilers*"
Much conversation on the IMDB site about this season. Yes, too much tragedy this time 'round, what with first cousins sharing the fate of losing parents within days of their birth.

I'm looking forward to see Lord Grantham get his act together and join the 20th Century. Also, nice to see the kinder side of Carlson (with baby Sybil).

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-21-13, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S3 Finale *spoilers*"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-13 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

Nevermind, I misunderstood.

02-19-13, 02:19 PM (EST)
17. "New favorite thing"
Mrs. Hughes giving someone the squinty eye

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-13, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S3 Finale *spoilers*"
The finale was incredibly sad, and I hated how they drummed it in that Matthew is dead with that giant stream of blood . . . "he's not coming back folks!" I loved!!!! his character and I love Dan Stevens! I'm guessing too that opportunity is knocking at the door. He is too beautiful to keep him in one show . . .

I had read something in TV Guide weeks ago about "the fate of Matthew Crawley" and I skipped the page. The one sentence I read has haunted me ever since and then they did do it. . . They really shouldn't allow spoilers in the U.S.

Oh well - I love this series.The characters are so richly drawn and all of them are wonderful and interesting. Mrs. Hughes IS a star and Carlson too. It was interesting that Jimmy softened towards Thomas. Mrs. Crawley was so oblivious to the Doctor's interest - stupid woman! The doctor is hot! All the wonderful subplots . . . I guess we are in for a lot more of Rose - I hope she doesn't prove too irritating. And yes, I have no problem seeing more of Branson, Tom Branson : )

RIP Matthew - you gave me hours of joy! So romantic! And I loved seeing Mary be softer around him.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •