The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Falling Skies - TNT "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-11-11, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Falling Skies - TNT "
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for sci-fi and then previews look good. Premieres June 19th. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Noah Wylie again.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/?SR=sr3_402734_go

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Falling Skies - TNT zombiebaby 05-13-11 1
 RE: Falling Skies - TNT Tahj 05-23-11 2
 RE: Falling Skies - TNT Tummy 06-17-11 3
   RE: Falling Skies - TNT Corvis 06-20-11 4
 Premiere Episode mrc 06-20-11 5
   RE: Premiere Episode zombiebaby 06-21-11 6
       RE: Premiere Episode Tummy 06-21-11 7
       RE: Premiere Episode mrc 06-22-11 8
           RE: Premiere Episode Corvis 06-23-11 9
               RE: Premiere Episode mrc 06-23-11 10
                   RE: Premiere Episode Tummy 06-27-11 11
 RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th... Tummy 07-11-11 12
   RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th... zombiebaby 07-11-11 13
 My big question mrc 07-25-11 14
   RE: My big question zombiebaby 08-01-11 15
 Season 1 Finale mrc 08-24-11 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-11, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Falling Skies - TNT "
I'll be giving it a try provided I can remember when it's on!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-23-11, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Falling Skies - TNT "
Me too.

It's a Tribe!

06-17-11, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Falling Skies - TNT "
2 hour premier on Sunday! Woot.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-20-11, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Falling Skies - TNT "
So was it any good?

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-11, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Premiere Episode"
I liked it. It wasn't like Lost, which grabbed me immediately, but it was good. I would have liked some background on the aliens and the invasion--not a lot, but something more than we were shown.

Also, when did Bo Bice get into acting?!?

06-21-11, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Premiere Episode"
I was wondering if you watched this! I liked it too. It's good summertime entertainment. It did have an early season Lost vibe though at the end when everyone was relaxing and watching the kid be a kid again.

The outlaw guy looked so familiar to me. I even checked him out on IMDB but what he has been in I have never seen. Maybe it was Bo Bice that I was thinking of! I've heard on other boards comparisons of him to Sawyer. I guess that's the new in thing to be compared to. I don't get it though, he's no Josh Holloway(in regards to looks). I've ehard the same thing about The Walking Dead's Daryl.

06-21-11, 12:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Premiere Episode"
I'm hooked already. I know what I'll be doing with my Sunday nights.

And the outlaw guy is definitely NO Sawyer. I miss Sawyer. *sniff But Noah is my eye candy on this show.

The Dr Psychologist seems to have the kiss of death for series, can't remember her name, so I'm hoping her luck changes with this one.

06-22-11, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Premiere Episode"
I'm starved for TV between the end of hockey season and the start of BB.

A Slice of Manga

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-23-11, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Premiere Episode"
I watched it and thought it was okay. I'll give it a few more episodes. I like the military commander guy who is a hardass, but there's more to him that which is good. Noah Wylie is well cast in the role of history teacher turned soldier.

06-23-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Premiere Episode"
DW mentioned several times that if aliens invaded, I would become Noah Wylie's character.

A Slice of Manga

06-27-11, 08:56 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Premiere Episode"
I love that aspect of the show. And that he throws out history lessons when he can.

I think I would have liked them to start the story a little earlier than they did because I'd love to see how he went from teacher to soldier. Although, I do not want them to start with flashbacks.

The scene where he drug the live alien into the school tonight was pure Will Smith in Independence Day.

I think I have more series that I like during the summer than I do during the regular season.

07-11-11, 07:53 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th episode"
My one big complaint is that there seems to be an extrordinary amount of commercials. Making the storyline seem to plod along each week because not enough story gets told.

Surprised Steven Weber got killed off that quickly and easily. I guess his character was just there to show them how to get the harness off.

Kind of creepy how maternal the alien seemed with the harness kids in the hospital.

07-11-11, 11:09 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Falling Skies - TNT - July 10th episode"
Kind of weird that there are no guards with the skitter ever.

Also kind of stupid to keep pulling off those harnesses and leaving them right by the kids. Especially after what the first kid did by reattaching it. Which leads to why is he not dead? His father yanked it off him last episode and they made a big point about how you could not do that or else the kid will die.

I also cannot buy that Hal is a high school senior. He looks way too old.

However I despite all the above holes I really like this show. It's light and breezy. I should not think to hard about it. I am fond of swiss cheese!

You've been hotpocketed!

07-25-11, 01:54 PM (EST)
14. "My big question"
Will Hal's girlfriend show back up? You know, the blonde who got taken, not the new blonde who's cozying up to him or the brunette medical student. I would think he would be a bit concerned.

Bunnies eat nerds.

08-01-11, 09:55 AM (EST)
15. "RE: My big question"
She came back! Pretty good episode last night. Actually moved the plot along. Pretty creepy too.

08-24-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
16. "Season 1 Finale"
I expected things to move forward a bit more in the finale than they did. I'm not sure where the writers are going with Tom getting on the ship. OTOH, Hal's GF was pretty creepy. Glad the writers heeded my call!

A Slice of Manga

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •