The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Doctor Who"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-10-05, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Doctor Who"
Is anybody watching? Can you watch? I know that Great Britain aired its third episode and Canada is going to air the second episode on Tues. I admit (through the miracles of downloading) I have seen all three episodes instead of just the pilot.

What do you think? Does it live up to classic Doctor Who days? I think the show is pretty decent. I only watched the original series when I was a little kid, so I honestly don't have much memories other than the Daleks and the Tardis.

Three is the perfect number.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Doctor Who trigirl 04-10-05 1
   RE: Doctor Who strid333 04-10-05 2
 RE: Doctor Who Harrison 04-19-05 3
 Bad Wolf S1Ep12 strid333 06-11-05 4
 New Season - New Doctor strid333 12-29-05 5
   RE: New Season - New Doctor strid333 01-03-06 6
 Second Season strid333 05-07-06 7
 RE: Doctor Who sillyshorty 05-30-06 8
 Spin-off Series - Torchwood strid333 06-11-06 9
 Season Finale strid333 07-09-06 10
 Season Three and a new companion strid333 04-08-07 11
 Third Season Finale approaching strid333 06-24-07 12
 RE: Doctor Who punkcookie 08-02-07 13
 RE: Doctor Who dabo 09-04-07 14
   RE: Doctor Who timelord_fanatic 10-12-07 15
 RE: Doctor Who mattben 10-12-07 16
   RE: Doctor Who timelord_fanatic 10-12-07 17
 Season 4 strid333 06-16-08 18
   Cool IceCat 06-16-08 19
 RE: Doctor Who WaterBottle 06-19-08 20
 Season 4 Finale strid333 07-06-08 21
   RE: Season 4 Finale dabo 08-03-08 22
 Doctor Who? Starshine 10-29-08 23
   RE: Doctor Who? strid333 10-29-08 24
 RE: Doctor Who Starshine 04-03-10 25
   RE: Doctor Who strid333 04-04-10 26
 RE: Doctor Who Starshine 03-24-11 27
 RE: Doctor Who gepopes1 10-27-11 28
 RE: Doctor Who dabo 08-04-13 29
   12th Doctor dabo 08-04-13 30
       RE: 12th Doctor dabo 08-04-13 31
           RE: 12th Doctor Starshine 08-05-13 32
               RE: 12th Doctor dabo 08-05-13 33
   Saturday!!! udg 11-20-13 34
       RE: Saturday!!! Starshine 11-23-13 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Doctor Who"
What? A remake? Details. I loved the original.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-10-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Doctor Who"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-05 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

http://www.cbc.ca/doctorwho/

CBC is airing it in Canada on Tuesday nights. The official website is a BBC thing.

Edit to add: Oh yeah, and a CBC employee got fired for releasing the pilot on the internet long before the BBC aired it.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Doctor Who"
I was a great fan of the original (circa Tom Baker).
I say 'was' because I was pretty young when I watched the re-runs. I remember that they seemed dated even then, and the production quality was less than impressive.
But, of course, it was the idea that carried the show, not the props, exotic locales or (ahem) beautiful cast.

Looking forward to the newer version...I think.
Also looking forward to the remake of Hitch-Hikers Guide (staring one of the "Office" blokes).

06-11-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
4. "Bad Wolf S1Ep12"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-05 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-11-05 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

I just watched the Bad Wolf episode and I thought it was hillarious. Can you imagine the host (Anne Robinson) of the Weakest Link being an evil robot host and a particularily cruel Big Brother and Extreme Makeover? I thought you reality junkies (like me) might get a kick out of it. Sure make Chen-bot look tame.

I can't wait for the season finale (next week's episode).

12-29-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
5. "New Season - New Doctor"
I know I'm bumping my own thread, but the new season has started. I haven't had a chance to watch the show yet (waiting to return from my holiday), but I hear fairly good things.

01-03-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: New Season - New Doctor"
Ok, first, I must say that the new doctor looks much better than the previous doctor. And I liked the way that they have made Rose grow into a more experienced type of person. I like the fact though, that she keeps going back to her family and it shows some of her background. I don't remember that with the original Doctor Who series (but then again, I don't remember a whole lot - I was a little kid when I previously saw the show).

05-07-06, 01:57 AM (EST)
7. "Second Season"
I'm watching the new season with the new doctor and I must say I'm swooning every time David Tennant puts on those glasses. Mmmmm, yummy.

I hear that people in the US can watch the show now on the Sci-Fi channel and/or PBS and it is still on CBC in Canada (but with play-off hockey, I never know when so I'm just downloading the episodes).

sillyshorty 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-30-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillyshorty Click to send private message to sillyshorty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Doctor Who"
it is just as good as the original... evon though the original had some good efects in it for bein long time ago. (it seems.) plus the original had atleast7 or 8 diffrent Dr. Whos in the timespand.. i rememeber the original vagely..

http://www.sillyshorty.com/forum/index.php sorry no kiddies....

06-11-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
9. "Spin-off Series - Torchwood"
Remember Captain Jack in the first season? Well, he is getting a spin-off series of Doctor Who. The name of this show will be Torchwood (an anagram of Doctor Who and was the working title of the first season of Doctor Who when they wanted to keep the scripts secret). I don't know anything about when the show will start airing.

Oh, and I'm drooling over David Tennant (and that is soooo not my style to drool over a movie or TV star).

07-09-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
10. "Season Finale"
All I have to say is WOW! Daleks vs Cybermen! Very cool.

Oh, and I found out when Canadians can watch this show on TV. We can watch it in October on CBC.

Ok, now I just admitted that I've been illegaly downloading these episodes and watching them on my computer but I honestly thought CBC wasn't going to ever air these episodes.

04-08-07, 10:59 PM (EST)
11. "Season Three and a new companion"
So the new season has started and I think I like the new companion because she isn't quite so ditzy as Rose.

I admit, again, that I'm downloading, but I do hear rumours that the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation plans to air the new season of Doctor Who and Torchwood after the hockey playoffs. (So that means July and no we do not live in igloos, either).

06-24-07, 04:17 PM (EST)
12. "Third Season Finale approaching"
So after watching the third season, with one episode remaining, I must say that I really like Martha Jones as the new companion. She seems like a smarter character than Rose was. It is great how this season's big enemy is The Master, another timelord. I'm excited to see how they, including Captain Jack Harkness, get out of this situation.

The third season has started airing in Canada on CBC on Monday nights, so to fellow Canucks who haven't been downloading the episodes, this is the time to watch.

punkcookie 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-02-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail punkcookie Click to send private message to punkcookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Doctor Who"
I love Doctor Who, even though we're on like the 5th episode here in the States. I wish that Sci Fi would air the episodes at the same time as the UK, but I still love David Tennant. I like Martha more than Rose, she was annoying, and I'm glad Captain Jack is coming back

dabo 25694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Doctor Who"
Season 5 delayed before Season 4 airs, it could only happen to a time travel show.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2007/09/04/doctor_who_season_5_postponed_until_2010/5443/

The fifth season of the British sci-fi series, “Doctor Who,” won't hit the small screen until 2010, the Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday.

The fourth season of the BBC show, starring Scottish actor David Tennant, is in production and slated to premiere next year.

timelord_fanatic 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail timelord_fanatic Click to send private message to timelord_fanatic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Doctor Who"
I love Doctor Who and was so happy to see a post on here even though no one has posted for awhile.

If you haven't heard by now, the 4th series will start next year in 2008, then in 2009 instead of having series 5, they will have 3 special episodes throughout the year until the 5th series comes back in 2010. and its sad to say that David Tennant is not confirmed for the 5th series yet. I really hope he comes back though, I'm quite enjoying him as the Doctor and I don't want him to go just yet.

For now, I'm just going crazy waiting for the Christmas episode!

Also, if anyone watches Torchwood, its coming back in Jan or Feb I believe. The first episode James Marsters is going to appear and he and John Barrowman have a steamy scene together! Can't wait for that either!

"...I mean this from the heart, and by the way, count those.."

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-12-07, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Doctor Who"
It comes on PBS here weekends. The show is just too insipidly wacky for my taste. Can't stand more than 2 minutes of it when I'm channel hopping.

A dash of Flash Gordon, a touch of Restaurant at the End of the Universe, toss in some Star Trek and Mystery Science Theatre, and wala!

timelord_fanatic 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail timelord_fanatic Click to send private message to timelord_fanatic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Doctor Who"
Well even if you don't like Doctor Who, you might like Torchwood. Its a more of an adult show. You should check it out and see if you are able to watch that for more than 2 minutes..

"...I mean this from the heart, and by the way, count those.."

06-16-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
18. "Season 4"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-08 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-16-08 AT 01:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-16-08 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

As the finale approaches (using the download approach), I thought I would comment on the fourth season so far. Donna Noble as a companion is good. I did not like her in Runaway Bride, but I think that was because she was quite a one dimensional character. I am looking forward to the finale because there are all sorts of spoilers saying that past characters will return. I'll leave it like that.

And I hear CBC will be airing the 4th season in September. But I haven't heard anything about Torchwood's 2nd season yet. CBC wasn't showing DW while HNIC was having the playoffs. (Side note) Ah, what a debacle with the HNIC theme. I think it is only a matter of time that CBC loses HNIC altogether. TSN and CTV will scoop it up the way they did with the Olympics and CFL football.

Edits - to say, I suck at typing on the laptop so I had to go back and fix a few things

IceCat 17360 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-08, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Cool"

I wasn't aware that Season 4 had started already.

I've downloaded and watched the whole of season 2 for Torchwood and I'd recommend it. It's a little more even than season 1 and there's a stronger tie-in with the Doctor Who series.

WaterBottle 5 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WaterBottle Click to send private message to WaterBottle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Doctor Who"
I love doctor who, but at first i could stand it! my dad watches it all the time, and i thought it was totally stupid and a waste of time and it was rather corny, but then i actually sat down with him, and now i watch it all the time...great show!

07-06-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
21. "Season 4 Finale"
I watched the finale and I thought it was great to reunite all of the older characters from Doctor Who and the spinoffs with each other, but I still felt something was missing from the finale. With the cliffhanger from the previous episode, they sure resolved the problems in a hurry.

German Daleks, though, were cool.

08-03-08, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
Loved the finale, what a trip! Sarah Jane, one of my all-time favorites, back again! (Haven't seen any Sarah Jane Adventures, unfortunately, not a clue about "Mr. Smith.") And I was wondering if K9 would make an appearance.

Shame about Donna, especially coming after Rose and Doctor Whotoo were pair bonded (what a great plot twist).

Something missing? My guess would be they had a lot of characters in their ballet, some of what was scripted almost certainly had to be left out.

Starshine 5005 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-08, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Doctor Who?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm

Sorry Strid

J Slice what a cool lady

10-29-08, 10:49 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Doctor Who?"
Noooooo!

I don't think I can handle it. The only way I could is if Patrick Stewart is serious and not teasing us. http://www.trektoday.com/news/051008_03.shtml

04-03-10, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Doctor Who"
Well I was impressed, Matt Smith worked a lot better than I was expecting, and Karen Gillian is acting him off the show, I'm wondering how her stalkerish behaviour is going to fit in to the story arc.

Bit of a loose story, however I suppose when you are introducing a new Doctor you don't need the plot to take over all the time.

Sunning with the Cap'n

Just another Sleeperbloke

04-04-10, 11:46 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Doctor Who"
New Doctor was alright. I know the first episode was a lot of the Doctor getting used to his new body and his regeneration cycle. I'll have to give him another episode or two to decide if I like him or not. But I will continue to watch, no matter what.

03-24-11, 05:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Doctor Who"
You have had House...

Well the real Doctor is coming to visit!

gepopes1 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-11, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gepopes1 Click to send private message to gepopes1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Doctor Who"
Ever since I was a child I liked the Dr Who series and I used to hide behind the sofa whenever the Daleks appeared. I think it must have been the voice. But over time the whole idea lost so much of its charm that it became a real pain to watch. Watching the Doctor Who series from nowadays I was transported back to those days, in so much as I felt just as I did back then.

08-04-13, 11:02 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Doctor Who"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-13 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

So, 50th anniversary coming up and they'll be announcing the new Doctor today.

Anyone still watching? PBS across the border just started airing series 6. Quite hard to follow jumping in like that.

08-04-13, 05:34 PM (EST)
30. "12th Doctor"
Peter Capaldi

http://www.examiner.com/article/whovians-rejoice-peter-capaldi-cast-at-the-12th-doctor?cid=taboola_inbound

Capaldi is most well known for his role as Malcolm Tucker on the BBC Comedy "The Thick of It" and reactions to his casting as the 12th Doctor are ranging from exuberant joy to anger and frustration.

Capaldi will make his first appearance as the 12th Doctor in the annual Christmas special which will air on Christmas Day.

08-04-13, 10:47 PM (EST)
31. "RE: 12th Doctor"
Shades of Colin Baker...

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/peter-capaldi-named-as-next-doctor-who-star-1035824.php

This isn't the actor's first turn at a role in "Doctor Who." He played Roman merchant Caecilius in 2008 in "The Fires of Pompeii" episode when David Tennant played the 10th Doctor.

Capaldi also had a role in the five-episode third series of "Doctor Who" spinoff "Torchwood."..

The Doctor has been played by actors William Hartnell, 1963-66; Patrick Troughton, 1966-69; Jon Pertwee, 1970-74; Tom Baker, 1974-81; Peter Davison, 1982-84; Colin Baker, 1984-86; Sylvester McCoy, 1987-96; Paul McGann, 1996; Christopher Eccleston, 2005; David Tennant, 2005-10; and Matt Smith, 2010-13.

Peter Cushing, 1965 and 1966; Richard Hurndall, 1983; etc.

08-05-13, 06:56 AM (EST)
32. "RE: 12th Doctor"
Not sure on the Colin Baker thing, I'm hoping they go back to a grittier Christopher Ecclestone type Doctor.

Matt Smith was dam*ed good though, although I think a performing dog would have seemed good for me after the gurning David Tennant.

I'm really looking forward to the new season

Only non numbered canon doc is Michael Jayston (The Valyard)

08-05-13, 09:35 AM (EST)
33. "RE: 12th Doctor"
Every six Doctors the part goes to someone who previously had a different part on Doctor Who, was all I meant. Colin Baker had previously played Maxil in "Arc of Infinity."

udg 3151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-20-13, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Saturday!!!"
Can't wait!

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

11-23-13, 10:05 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Saturday!!!"
Such a shame that Christopher Ecclestone decided not to take part, he's my favourite new Doctor. Watched Rose again yesterday so am hyper stoked to see Billy Piper back again.

Will we get to see the Doctors daughter again?

Which version is John Hurt?

With the Timelords dead does this mean that the Doctor can regenerate more than 13 times?

Now Captain Jack has destroyed the Shades in Starling city will he be making a reappearance?

No bloody Pond soap opera

Under 12 hours to go

The BBC are a little obsessed by the 50th anniversary, quite a few complaints that it is taking up so much of the news. OTOH a few of the other progs have been really good, the dramatisation of the start Adventures in time and space was fantastic didn't realise that it was a Canadian who started the whole thing up. And Brian Coxes programme on the science was also really well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6FMCqYrBo

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •