The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Haven"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-10, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Haven"
Syfy 10PM Fridays with repeats on Syfy and USA.

Any resemblances to the book are purely circumstantial.

Anyone watching? Unfortunately, while the book was on a island, the show is just another spooky town in Maine. First episode was last week, some of these folks have weird super powers by golly. Shaping up to be weird mystery of the week.

Based on "The Colorado Kid" by Stephen King.

http://www.syfy.com/haven/index.php

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Haven jbug 07-16-10 1
   RE: Haven dabo 07-16-10 2
 RE: Haven dabo 07-24-10 3
 RE: Haven Loree 07-24-10 4
   RE: Haven jbug 07-26-10 5
 RE: Haven jbug 08-02-10 6
   RE: Haven dabo 08-02-10 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-10, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Haven"
Oh carp!
I thought this was starting tonite!

So I can catch the first ep on a repeat?
I'll have to record that one and the next one tonite.

Major Stephen king fan here......
however, I never could get into that 'hospital' series that was on a couple of years ago....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-16-10, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Haven"
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-10 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

Repeats today on USA at 1PM and on Syfy at 7PM.

07-24-10, 01:07 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Haven"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-10 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Anyone watching? The inmates have taken charge of the nuthouse, amazing how they're making a show from a Stephen King story with virtually zero resemblance to what King wrote.

Thematically it may play out the same as the novella. Kind of interesting, no substitute for Lost though.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-10, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Haven"
I have seen the first 2 eps and I like it so far. I never read the Colorado Kid so it is all new to me.

07-26-10, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Haven"
I've only watched the 1st ep - but have the next 2 recorded.

And? Happened to find the book - The Colorado Kid - on a rack at Dollar General Store for $1.
Haven't read it yet, but wills start it tonite.

08-02-10, 12:04 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Haven"
I read "The Colorado Kid"
Is there another Stephen King?
This did not sound like his style of writing at all.
It's hard for me to believe he wrote that.
Years ago, I read "Thinner" by Richard Bachman and immediately said that the guy wrote just like Stephen King - I knew!

Anyway, have watched all eps except the last one - where they get more into the Colorado Kid story.

They stories are interesting - but don't know for how long.
I'm concerned that if a viewer misses a few eps, they might get lost (like happened to me when I missed a few eps of Lost.).

08-02-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Haven"
Yeah, I think he wrote it specifically for the HCC series.

http://www.hardcasecrime.com/

On the other hand it is an odd book in that series (some of which reprint stories that had been OP for like 50 years).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •