The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Life On Mars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-08, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Life On Mars"
Anyone? Thoughts?

I liked it. Had a Journeyman vibe to it only without the back and forth time traveling. I loved seeing Micheal Imperioli as a cop!

Almost as creepy as Wizard of Oz dolls!!!Fancy Footwork by Arkie!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Life On Mars Ahtumbreez 10-10-08 1
   RE: Life On Mars Max Headroom 10-10-08 2
 RE: Life On Mars zombiebaby 10-17-08 3
   RE: Life On Mars Glow 10-22-08 4
   RE: Life On Mars Max Headroom 10-22-08 5
 RE: Life On Mars Max Headroom 10-30-08 6
 RE: Life On Mars CTgirl 11-08-08 7
 RE: Life On Mars Max Headroom 11-24-08 8
   RE: Life On Mars CTgirl 11-24-08 9
   RE: Life On Mars SilverStar 12-02-08 10
       RE: Life On Mars zombiebaby 12-20-08 11
           RE: Life On Mars MPVLOST 12-20-08 12
 It's back! CTgirl 01-28-09 13
   RE: It's back! Max Headroom 01-28-09 14
       RE: It's back! CTgirl 01-29-09 15
           RE: It's back! Max Headroom 02-02-09 16
 RE: Life On Mars Max Headroom 02-13-09 17
   RE: Life On Mars CTgirl 02-16-09 18
 Looks like only one season Snidget 03-03-09 19
   RE: Looks like only one season CTgirl 03-03-09 20
   RE: Looks like only one season Max Headroom 03-03-09 21
       RE: Looks like only one season AZ_Leo 03-04-09 22
   RE: Looks like only one season SilverStar 03-06-09 23
 Finale CTgirl 04-02-09 24
   RE: Finale Glow 04-03-09 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-08, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Life On Mars"
*sigh You said Journeyman *whimper

I have it recorded but haven't watched it yet.

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-08, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Life On Mars"
*sits with Tummy*

It's recorded on my TiVo too.

agman's got me ready for fall

10-17-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Life On Mars"
I still like it. But I am not such a big fan of cop shows. This could turn me off if it gets to "coppy". Especially 1970's style cop shows.

What I like is the mystery of where he is at and why. I wish there were more of it. I am guessing because it is following the BBC series they have to stretch it out because that one was just a few episodes.

Anyone else watching?

Bobbled by TRibe!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Life On Mars"
We're watching. We like it. I love cop shows! I liked Journeyman better but this is okay too. I wish, oh crap I forget her name (Denise from the Cosby Show), was on more.

10-22-08, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Life On Mars"
I recorded the first two episodes on the DVR, and after watching the pilot I'm planning on watching the second episode. After that, who knows. The show is odd but entertaining.

agman spooked me

10-30-08, 08:58 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Life On Mars"
I'm caught up on episodes of this show and am happy to report that it's made the grade-- I've added it to my TiVo Season Pass list. It's quirky and fun, and I like it.

agman spooked me

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-08, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Life On Mars"
I missed the first two episodes (I'll have to find them online) and have just finished watching the last few.

I like this show. Seeing the 1973 cop attitudes crack me up and I really like the mystery behind Sam's being there. Harvey Keitel is good too.

Another Tribe Creation

11-24-08, 01:26 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Life On Mars"
Saw a news release saying that "Life on Mars" has had an additional 4 episodes added, and that it'll be moving to the time slot after "Lost" in January.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-11-21-tv-lineup_N.htm

Whoopee, it isn't getting canceled!

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

11-24-08, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Life On Mars"
Yay! I was worried when I realized that last week was the last time Life on Mars would be on for a while. Lost is a much better fit for a lead-in show than Gray's Anatomy.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-08, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Life On Mars"
The last episode was soooo good! I was totally into it and then it ended and said it wasn't returning until the end of January! Arg! I hate it when shows do that!

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

12-20-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Life On Mars"
But it will be on after Lost! I won't have time to digest Lost before this one comes on! My head will hurt by the end of Wednesday!

font size=1 color=red]Agman does Christmas!

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-08, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Life On Mars"
That's gonna be awesome, LOST and Life on Mars on the same night.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

01-28-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
13. "It's back!"
Starting tonight, Life on Mars is on right after Lost. What a great night of TV!

Mangafied by Slice

01-28-09, 01:37 PM (EST)
14. "RE: It's back!"

I've been waiting for this for a while too.

01-29-09, 12:36 PM (EST)
15. "RE: It's back!"
It was good ("I am Spartacus!") but didn't really push the mystery along of why he's in 1973. It almost felt like it was shown out of order - filmed earlier in the season but they wanted a cliff hanger for November so they moved things around.

Another Tribe Creation

02-02-09, 07:58 AM (EST)
16. "RE: It's back!"
"I am Spartacus!"

"No you're not. But you'll do." *grin* "C'mon, let's go."

That was a great episode. And Maria being Gene Hunt's daughter totally cracked me up. Complete with Ray leading Sam on, and Annie trying (unsuccessfully) to warn Sam. *snort*

I suspect the writers stayed away from the 1973 mystery since they were hoping to have new holdover viewers after the huge Lost premiere. They'll focus on the mystery again very soon, I'm sure.

02-13-09, 08:02 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Life On Mars"
While I liked the past two episodes, the writers seem to have lost interest in the mystery of why Sam is back in 1973. I hope they rekindle that story line soon, as I don't want this show to turn into CSI: 1973.

Surfkitten Sigshop Summer 2008

02-16-09, 06:04 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Life On Mars"
I finally got a chance to watch Thursday's show yesterday. I think they are addressing the mystery and I'm not too sure what to think of this new turn.

Two weeks ago they had the "Aries Project" folder when they were interviewing Sam, Ray and Hunt showing us that it was a Soviet backed plot.

Then this week they interviewed the FBI guy about time travel. I think both these things are pieces of the bigger puzzle, but it could get out-of-hand (especially if it turns into a Cold War storyline).

IIRC, the Americans changed the Season 1 ending of Life on Mars from the English ending. I think the English ending did not end happily, but I don't want to go look it up and spoil anything that may overlap!

I'm going off the rails with Foonermints

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Looks like only one season"
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE52227520090303

"The network has decided not to renew the time-travel series, which stars Jason O'Mara as 2008 Detective Sam Tyler working as a cop in 1973 New York.

The show will complete its 17-episode freshman-season order with an episode written as a series finale, wrapping the loose story ends, explaining how Tyler was transported back in time and perhaps bringing him back to his own time."

03-03-09, 07:48 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Looks like only one season"
Bummer. Looks like that's my yearly quota of shows to lvoe and then have it get canceled on me. Last year it was Moonlight. Hopefully they really will tie up all the loose ends.

Top of the mornin' by O'Agman

03-03-09, 08:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Looks like only one season"
*sits with CTgirl*

Oh carp, I liked this show. A lot. *sigh*

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-04-09, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Looks like only one season"
Journeyman last year finally caused me to avoid any new network shows unless they seem guaranteed to get a second season. If it looks like I might like it I figure I can catch up with what I missed later. I did watch this once but refused to get suckered in, again.

For those that have BBC America, they are starting up a sequel to the original, original series: Ashes to Ashes. This one has a female protagonist in the 80's.

On Life On Mars, Detective Sam Tyler had an accident in 2007 and was transported back to 1973.

However, the story didn't end there: in the modern world of 2008, Detective Inspector Alex Drake (Keeley Hawes, MI-5) has risen rapidly through the ranks as a psychological profiler, and she's highly valued as an aid to capturing suspects. But she is ripped from her current world of high-tech gadgets and sexual equality when she is kidnapped and shot. Suddenly, Alex finds herself in 1981, interacting with familiar characters from the detailed reports she's been studying, logged by none other than Sam Tyler.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Looks like only one season"
Fine by me. I really liked this show at first, but the past several episodes have been painful to watch. I only watched the beginning and the end of the most recent episode and fast forwarded through everything else. I'm really getting sick of the over-the-top cheesy 70's cop show thing.

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

04-02-09, 01:27 PM (EST)
24. "Finale"
While I liked the fact that Sam ended up in the same time period as Annie and that Vic wasn't his father, the ending was a little silly! It didn't quite fit with the earlier shows in tone and with the Sam-Rose-Vic-little Sam stories.

I am happy that they gave us a resolution even if it wasn't a perfect ending. I liked the wink of calling Gene Hunt "Major Tom" and seeing his white shoe stepping on the surface of Mars, LOL. The characters in this show were fun.

Cheers to Tribe!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-09, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Finale"
I thought the ending was cute. I would have liked to see what they could do for another season or two. I think this was "for when we get cancelled" scene. They could have used it no matter how many seasons it was on, I would think. Cute that Harvey Keitel was his dad. Even though it didn't answer all the questions, it put the questions to rest. I liked this better than the him being in a coma theory.

Sam looked really hot during that scene with his dad on the boat.

The characters were fun. I thought Michael Imperioli was great as Ray. The same could be said of any of them. The show was fun.

RStar

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •