The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Office is the best show on TV"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-06, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Office is the best show on TV"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-06 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

I had seen "The Office" on a handfull of occasions prior to breaking down and buying the Season Two DVD a few weeks ago. As much as I had enjoyed it in small doses, the show really shines in marathon viewing sessions. I took in every episode in less than 4 days, and this is with a full work schedule. Anyone who thinks the sitcom is a dead genre hasn't seen this show. Reasons why I love this show:

Steve Carell-Everything this guy touches turns to comedic gold. His spots on "The Daily Show" were among the shows best. "The 40-Year Old Virgin" was brilliant. But nothing tops his performance as the egotistical, clueless, and unhip Michael Scott. When Michael visits NYC for a business meeting and proclaims that SBarro's is his favorite local pizza eatery, I nearly doubled over in laughter.

Best Foursome since "Seinfeld"-Remember when "Seinfeld" was in it's prime and there was absolutely no letdown when the story switched from Jerry to George to Kramer to Elaine? The same can be said with Michael, Dwight, Pam and Jim. Each one brings something completely unique and funny to the table. There's no letup in laughs when the story veers from one character to another.

Secondary Characters-"The Office" takes a cue from "The Simpsons" and delivers on sidestories for the supporting cast. Angela's affair with Dwight, Ryan's not so great office "romance", and Toby's schooling Michael on the proper way to handle workplace complaints have all yielded huge laughs.

Jim and Pam-That Sam and Diane romance was kid's play next to Jim and Pam's trials. This is the only show that can double you over with laughter and then hit you over the head with a welcome stab of romantic drama. Jim's confession to Pam in season two's cliff hanger was sad and profound, just the way an unwanted confession should be. John Krasinski is a true find.

I actually look forward to this show more than I do "The Simpsons". And that's saying a lot.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... newsomewayne 10-02-06 1
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... weltek 10-03-06 2
 You said it! moonbaby 11-09-06 3
 Future Dwight CattyChat 11-10-06 4
   RE: Future Dwight MollyTV 11-11-06 6
   RE: Future Dwight Loree 11-11-06 7
 you need to see the BBC version shakes the clown 11-10-06 5
   RE: you need to see the BBC version bullzeye 11-11-06 8
       RE: you need to see the BBC version shakes the clown 11-11-06 9
           RE: you need to see the BBC version bullzeye 11-13-06 10
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... bullzeye 01-20-07 11
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... susang 03-18-07 12
   RE: The Office is the best show on ... maddymal 03-18-07 13
 Will Success Spoil "The Office?" susang 04-28-08 14
   RE: Will Success Spoil "The Office?... zombiebaby 04-29-08 15
       RE: Will Success Spoil "The Office?... MollyTV 05-01-08 16
 New Webisode Silvergirl1 07-14-08 17
 Having a great season moonbaby 12-12-08 18
   RE: Having a great season Puffy 12-13-08 19
   RE: Having a great season Bebo 12-14-08 20
       RE: Having a great season samboohoo 12-19-08 21
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... pizzy187 12-19-08 22
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... mattben 02-05-09 23
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... sica077 03-10-09 24
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... sica077 08-30-09 25
   RE: The Office is the best show on ... Puffy 08-31-09 26
       RE: The Office is the best show on ... sica077 08-31-09 27
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... sica077 09-18-09 28
   Aw poop! moonbaby 09-18-09 29
   RE: The Office is the best show on ... Loree 09-19-09 30
 RE: The Office is the best show on ... sica077 10-07-09 31
   *throws rice* moonbaby 10-08-09 32
       RE: *throws rice* sica077 10-08-09 33
           Kevin! moonbaby 10-09-09 34
 Wedding Episode susang 12-26-09 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-02-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
The Office is indeed comedic gold. Let's hope the writers and actors can continue to find ways to keep it fresh and funny.

Tribe slays me! 2006

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
I agree for the most part. Such an awesome job in writing AND casting. You can tell great care was taken in casting each part.

Have you read the blogs on The Office website? Hilarious.

I hope the writing can stand the test of time.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "You said it!"
Very little on tv makes me laugh out loud anymore. This show just tickles my funny bone. Every cast member makes an important contribution but the key players are outstanding.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-10-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Future Dwight"
The opening bit with the faxes from "Future Dwight" . . . hilarious. Every episode I am laughing out loud at some point. This is the best sitcom on television right now & thank heavens NBC kept it on the air when the ratings were low in the beginning & gave viewers a chance to discover it. I've been watching since the beginning & it's pure comic genius, from the writing to the timing & delivery of all the actors.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-11-06, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Future Dwight"
this was the best.episode.ever!

i cannot believe how i loved every twist and turn. and how i relish jim being michael's asst. and what will dwight do when he finds out.

i love this show
mollytv

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Future Dwight"
Future Dwight was hilarious. Only he would believe something like that. And yes, it will be interesting when he finds out Jim will be Michael's right hand and not him.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "you need to see the BBC version"

You are right, this show is amazing. But you really need to see the BBC version since its even better...and has a much better cast as hard as that is to believe.

The first season of the Office was basically just a copy of the BBC version rigth down to using the same lines. And the BBC version was much much better. But in the second season the American verion really took off and started to find its own legs to stand on (might have something to do with the fact that the BBC version only ran for 12 episodes so there was nothign left to copy after season 1)

>I actually look forward to this
>show more than I do
>"The Simpsons". And that's saying
>a lot.

Not really. The Simpsons has been garbage for a couple years now. I actually have stopped watching it which is something I thought would never happen in my life.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-11-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: you need to see the BBC version"
But you really need to see the BBC version since its even better...

I was wondering how this version compared to the original, which I thought was fantastic, so I appreciate your input on this as I have not yet seen the American version. Shame the original only lasted two seasons (special edition notwithstanding), as it was comedy at its absolute best.

For those who have not yet seen the British version, I would urge you to view it - and in turn, I will make an effort to view the US version which I understand is excellent.

A birthday present from Tribe

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: you need to see the BBC version"
Just one word of advice Bullseye....the first half of the first season (american version) is basically a word for word copy of the BBC version which really annoyed me. And since you are a fan of the BBC version it will probably annoy you as well.

But stick with it because once they run out of material to steal the show actually gets really really funny, right up there with the BBC version on some levels.

Casting-wise, the BBC version has a much better cast with the exception of a few roles (Jim and the temp). But that said, the American cast is still great...just not as great as the BBC version. Steven Carrol does a great job, but he pales in comparison to Ricky Gervaise (who btw is a producer of the American version). Dwight, who plays Carrols right hand man is great, but as great as he is he isn't half as good as what's his name, the really skinny guy with blond hair on the BBC version.

The support characters on the american version might be better than the bbc version though.

11-13-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: you need to see the BBC version"
I appreciate the heads up, but it sounds like it will be well worth checking it out.

Ricky Gervaise (who btw is a producer of the American version).

I did not know that - that alone may be the reason I need to check the American version out - Ricky Gervaise is genius!

Thanks.

01-20-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
O.K. - I have now seen three episodes of the American version and can now proclaim it the best television show on the dial. Had it not been for this thread, I doubt I would have even bothered to check it out, so I am glad I took everyone's advice and watched this gem. So - a thanks to all.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-07, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
I love The Office cast except for one character.

Karen ("the other woman"), played by Rashida Jones, is boring.

She is the weakest cast member.

Besides, Jim and Pam belong together.

maddymal 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-18-07, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maddymal Click to send private message to maddymal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
yeah karen is kinda lamo but i think that's what they're doing on purpose. it was funny when she sang everything she does is magic on stage though.

04-28-08, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Will Success Spoil "The Office?""
I hope success will not spoil "The Office."

I can't say that I was impressed by the last two episodes: Jan & Michael's dinner party, and "boys night out" (w/Ryan).

Didn't get many laughs from either episode.

I realize that some shows "jump the shark", but I'd hate to see "Office" go this way.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Will Success Spoil "The Office?""
Hmmm...actually I liked these two a whole lot. Some of the best that I have seen.

They are darker and more uncomfortable yet still histerical.
Still classic Office stuff. My only complaint would be to spend more time in the actual office.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-08, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Will Success Spoil "The Office?""
i agree...i was afraid this season might not live up to the past but oh how i laughed!

they have their characters so down....love when he "accidently" got jan on the cell phone while showing off her pic.

loved how they all came out and got locked in...
i can't wait for tonights episode.....so far has NOT jumped the shark for me.
mollytv

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-08, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "New Webisode"

It's starring Kevin, and it's only 2 minutes long. I didn't think it was all that funny - just kind of pathetic.

I can't wait for the new season to begin.

Surfkitten summer sigshop 2008

12-12-08, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Having a great season "
and last night's episode made me laugh out loud more than a couple of times. So glad this show is still going strong!

http://www.princessunicorndoll.com/

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-08, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Having a great season "
And your link made me laugh out loud, too!!

An ARNutz Hanukah®Original

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Having a great season "
This week's episode was hysterical. Mr. B wasn't home when it first aired, but I gladly watched it again with him when he got home.

Well, don't act so surprised.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-08, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Having a great season "
I loved it as well. OMH. Especially Phyllis blurting out Angela's secret. I kept waiting for Dwight to say something abou them being married.

My sound got all screwed up, and I had to watch it on the computer.

DS and I just watched the Yankee Swap episode which aired on TBS this month. He suggested his class do it for their party today.

Tis the season.

pizzy187 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-19-08, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pizzy187 Click to send private message to pizzy187 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
I couldn't agree more with this post.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-05-09, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
I keep trying to watch The Office regularly. But I don't.

Everytime I do get to, I love it. The post-SuperBowl episode was great.

Maybe it's because I hate the idea of 30-Rock. Or GE. Doesn't help that I'm trying to get a job with them.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-09, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
This is literally my favorite show on television! Dwight can light up my day!

08-30-09, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-09 AT 11:22 PM (EST)

Anyone geared up for the next season? Starts September 17th! If you are looking for a good laugh, it would be worth it to rent the last disk of each season to watch the bloopers - I think I laugh more at the bloopers than at the actual show!

The deleted scenes are worth the watch, too. My only complaint is that they should not be deleted scenes and the show should just be an hour long! Most of these can be found online... my favorite: Stress Relief Clip 2. If you enjoy Dwight it is well worth the almost 4 minute watch enjoy!

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

edited because I can't spell

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
Funny clip! Reminds me how much I miss new episodes.

08-31-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
I know, I can't wait for this season to start.

I've been 'patched

09-18-09, 01:55 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
What a great way to start the season (aside from being too short!). The parkour opening sequence was wonderful. Andy disappearing into the refrigerator box was priceless! Anyone else watch it?

I've been 'patched

09-18-09, 02:40 PM (EST)
29. "Aw poop!"
I missed it. Gotta catch it online! Thanks!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
We watched. So happy this show is back on. One of the best comedies on TV.

10-07-09, 10:15 AM (EST)
31. "RE: The Office is the best show on TV"
The Office wedding is tomorrow for an hour! All watchers geared up?!

I've been 'patched

10-08-09, 04:41 PM (EST)
32. "*throws rice*"
Since it's fake rice it's ok, I don't have to use birdseed.

This should be great!

10-08-09, 10:13 PM (EST)
33. "RE: *throws rice*"
Yay! Wasn't it wonderful? Ahh, the aisle-walking made me laugh so hard I teared up!

I've been 'patched

10-09-09, 04:37 PM (EST)
34. "Kevin!"
The bad rug, the tissue boxes, the ice machine...wahahaha! Loved the episode, Laughed out loud.

12-26-09, 01:19 PM (EST)
35. "Wedding Episode"
Loved the Wedding Episode. Not a dull moment!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •