The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-29-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
We are running out of new shows to watch because of the writer's strike, so I think that I will get DVDs of shows that I have been meaning to watch and catch up. Partly because of the number of posts on this board, I think I will rent Friday Night Lights and Jericho. What about you?

bouncey by Ice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... Sahara 12-29-07 1
   RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... mattben 12-30-07 3
       RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... Estee 12-31-07 6
 RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... emydi 12-30-07 2
 RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... samboohoo 12-31-07 4
 RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... KwietOne 12-31-07 5
 RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... blacknwhitedog 12-31-07 7
 FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS....is a must! aquariaqueen 12-31-07 8
 GERMICHO?! foonermints 12-31-07 9
 RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... Cygnus X1 01-17-08 10
   RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... CTgirl 01-17-08 11
   RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... emydi 01-21-08 12
       RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch D... Cygnus X1 01-25-08 13
 LOL! bullzeye 01-27-08 14
   RE: LOL! agman 01-27-08 15
   Irony trigirl 01-28-08 16
       RE: Irony bullzeye 01-28-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-29-07, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
I am definitely renting "Monk"! I already rented Season One. There are not very many shows that I can sit and watch three shows in one sitting and still want more.

AF 2006

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-30-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
That makes sense. I probably forget most of season 1's episodes for Monk. Worth watching. How did they explain the shift to his new nurse/assistant whenever that happened?

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-31-07, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
Sharona went back to her ex-husband and moved away to do so. Natalie was tangled up in a case Monk was assigned and was half-hired, half-kidnapped into the role.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
i just watched al of season 4 of the Wire on ON Demand over the last 3 days... season 5 starts next sun. I have to get 1-3 Seasons

But it took a lot out of me to watch it together very intense show great

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-07, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
I just recently saw FNL the movie.

I am currently waiting on Three and a Half Men. Also in my queue (that I've never seen):

Lost
Boston Legal
Grey's
ER

Handcrafted by Rolly

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-31-07, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
I've been going to Hulu.com to check out Life and catch up on Family Guy episodes.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-07, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
I just watched all of season 1 of The Unit. I'ma about to re-watch Lost season 3 and DH is watching Smallville.

Syren 2007

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-31-07, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS....is a must!"
Season 1 DVD set should get you hooked. Great acting and excellent minor/subtle details!!!

A Blessed Christmas season to all who welcome the Newborn King into their lives.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-07, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "GERMICHO?!"
I worry about you, trigirl.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-08, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
Ladycub and I kicked it old school and borrowed some of the original Bob Newhart Show DVDs from the local library.

We don't often laugh out loud at sitcoms (especially American ones), but this show is hilarious. Yes, I saw it as a kid, but there were so many subtle jokes that I never could have gotten then.

The show was very well written, and it used something that's lacking from many shows today: TIMING. Be it a period of silence from Bob or an untimely entrance from the dopey Bill Daily or Peter Bonerz, the unexpected turned out to be the expected. And Suzanne Pleshette was every bit Bob's equal as Emily (unlike Mary Frann in Newhart, who was just there for show), while Marcia Wallace showed that she didn't have to fit the stereotypical secretary administrative assistant role to get a laugh.

While the show is dated in terms of decor and fashion, the subject matter is still relevant today. Maybe more so.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-08, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
I used to love that show I when I was a kid too - I'm sure that a lot of the double entendres went over my head.

And as far as Emily vs. Joanna, the ending of Newhart says it all! One of my most favorite endings of a TV show ever.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-08, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
RIP Emily...I thought of this post when I saw her obit in paper this am

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Writer's Strike - Let's Watch DVDs"
We had just asked each other whether she was still around when we started watching these.

Suzanne Pleshette died of lung cancer, and you could tell that it had an effect on her voice.

God rest her soul.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-27-08, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "LOL!"
I just realized the irony of this thread - a large part of the the reason there is a strike is due to the fact that the writers aren't getting their fair share of residuals from DVD's. And here we are talking about what DVD's we will be watching due to the strike!

Generously crafted by Agman.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-08, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: LOL!"
*forhead slap* LOL

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-28-08, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Irony"
You are absolutely right! That is why I completely agree with the WGA and am glad they are holding tough.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-28-08, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Irony"
It's interesting. I am not much of a union supporter, but I also agree with the stand that the writers have taken on this one. In my opinion, they are/have been getting fleeced.

Generously crafted by Agman.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •