The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rome"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rome"
Who is watching? I think it is very well written and has been a very good show so far. At first I was a little lost with the names of the characters but giving it a couple of weeks has really helped. I now consider this one of my favorite shows.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rome Fox41 09-12-05 1
   RE: Rome ginger 09-12-05 2
       RE: Rome volsfan 09-12-05 3
           RE: Rome ginger 09-12-05 4
               RE: Rome volsfan 09-12-05 5
                   RE: Rome Tahj 09-13-05 6
                       RE: Rome ginger 03-16-07 18
 RE: Rome zombiebaby 09-13-05 7
   RE: Rome nitebloomer 09-13-05 8
 Luv it! jkokoj 09-14-05 9
 RE: Rome shakes the clown 08-30-06 10
   RE: Rome zombiebaby 09-05-06 11
       RE: Rome ginger 03-16-07 19
 RE: Rome Loree 01-15-07 12
 RE: Rome Loree 01-29-07 13
 2 episodes left zombiebaby 03-12-07 14
   RE: 2 episodes left AZ_Leo 03-13-07 15
   RE: 2 episodes left Loree 03-14-07 16
       RE: 2 episodes left AZ_Leo 03-15-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-12-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rome"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-05 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

I've been watching it. I was a little mixed up with some of the characters too. But now it's pretty easy. I really like the show. I plan on watching every episode this season.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rome"
I'm disappointed. And bored. "I Claudius" was about 1,000 times better.

09-12-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rome"
Sorry you are disappointed Ginger.

{{{HUGS}}}

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-12-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rome"
And a samooch back atcha, my Dahlin Vols.

Truly, if you like Rome, rent Claudius. Much more historically accurate, early Patrick Stewart, Patricia Quinn, John Hurt, Sian Phillips...truly excellent (although graphic!) stuff.

09-12-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Rome"
Thanks for the good words about Claudius...I will take you up on it. Good actors too!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-13-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rome"
Yes, "I Claudius" is excellent. I do like this show, too, however. James Purefoy, who plays Mark Antony, is one of my all-time favorite hotties.

Moves courtesy of Syren

03-16-07, 04:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Rome"
Rome grew on me. I wish I could take its set/costume budget and apply retroactively to "Claudius."

It will astound people to see Young Octavious all growed up into Avuncular Augustus when they watch Claudius.

I think Rome's MA is a hottie, myself.

But Livia beats Attia ANY DAY.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rome"
Count me as a fan. I am mourning the loss of Carnivale so this should ease some of the pain. I enjoy the story of the two soldiers so far.

I was lost the first two weeks as well but picked up a little bit more. I think that is typical of HBO shows.

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

nitebloomer 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-13-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nitebloomer Click to send private message to nitebloomer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rome"
I think I like it too. Don't usually like this kind of period shows but this caught me. Speaking of Carnivale boy do I agree with you on mourning that. I found it later in it's run and I wish they would re-run it. It's nice to know other people who dig the same "weird" shows as I do.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-14-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Luv it!"
Hubby and I are enjoying it very much! I Claudis was good to, luv Patrick Stewart.

my syren special!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-30-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rome"
I just watched the first season on DVD and thought this show was great!

The best part is that on the DVD there is an option much akin to pop up video (only not has intrusive and annoying) where historical tidbits are displayed on the screen as the action is happening...its great and very informative.

Question, did season 2 already air? And if so, when does season 3 start?

09-05-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rome"
I thought it was airing soon but went to confirm. From what I could find it seems like Season 2 will air in January 2007.

Also I have seen but not confirmed by anyone that this will be the last season. No number 3.

03-16-07, 04:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Rome"
It is also my understanding that the Roman empire falls, at least for HBO, this season.

Well, the show does. If you want to lead up to Nero, you gotta see Claudius.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rome"
Glad to see this show back on. I watched the first season on DVD and loved it. Too bad they are only doing 2 seasons. But they say it is very expensive to do. So I guess that explains it.

01-29-07, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rome"
I was watching the "Miami Vice" movie on the weekend and seeing the actor that played Caesar was the most interesting thing about the movie.

I am enjoying the second season. Too bad it will also be the last season.

03-12-07, 01:16 PM (EST)
14. "2 episodes left"
This show has rocked this season! I am so very disappointed that there are only 2 episodes left.

The actor who plays Marc Antony? Comic gold!
I think I have a little crush on Pullo.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-07, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 2 episodes left"
I was wondering if I was the only one watching.

James Purefoy (Marc Antony) is talented in so many ways. He can convey so much with just a look. All the actors are terrific and the writing and directing is brilliant. Last episode's final scene worked on so many different levels it was literally stunning.

I'm not sure I am all that upset about it not coming back. For one thing, and hopefully this doesn't spoil anything for those not smarter than a 5th grader, it is unlikely that Purefoy's contract would have been extended to another season and he would definitely be missed. Also, it would have to focus on Octavian and his "sweet", young bride Livia on his way to becoming Augustus with no strong foil that I can see to provide counterbalance. We are also getting into I, Claudius (which I most definitely will rewatch once this season is over) territory and I'm not sure I want the overlap.

A tribephyl original

03-14-07, 09:46 AM (EST)
16. "RE: 2 episodes left"
I love James Purefoy and I don't know if this show would be quite as good without him.

I also have a little crush on Pullo. Unlike Vorenus who annoys the H out of me.

Atia is another one of my faves.

When they aged Octavian and brought in the other actor it turned my opinion of him. I just liked the other actor more. The character seems dumber now.

We have "I, Claudius" on DVD and have not watched it yet. We are waiting till "Rome" is over to get into it.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 2 episodes left"
I also have a little crush on Pullo

Even though he is crush worthy, after the last episode, wouldn't you be just a little hesitant about kissing the guy ?

A question I read elsewhere was whether the writers actually give Purefoy all the best lines or if his performance is so good he makes it seem that way. I think it leans a bit toward the latter.

A tribephyl original

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •