The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Deathwatch - The Clock is Already Ticking For..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Deathwatch - The Clock is Already Ticking For..."
Webby mentioned keeping a deathwatch a while back. We've done it different ways, including having people guess which shows would die first, etc. I'm going to start this thread as a way we can keep track of news on the death or potential demise of the new fall shows.

I've already got news on two shows, so I'll reply to this post with the name of each show in the subject line. Then we could just keep replying to those posts as more info becomes available.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Happy Hour Bebo 10-04-06 1
   RE: Happy Hour trigirl 10-04-06 3
       RE: Happy Hour SurvivorBlows 10-04-06 4
 Kidnapped Bebo 10-04-06 2
 Smith Bebo 10-06-06 5
   RE: Smith CouchTater 10-08-06 6
 The Class swaps time periods with H... SurvivorBlows 10-09-06 7
 Vanished moving to Fridays SurvivorBlows 10-09-06 8
   RE: Vanished moving to Fridays Captain_Savem 10-09-06 9
       RE: Vanished moving to Fridays Breezy 10-10-06 10
 Shows off life support and breathin... Snidget 10-10-06 11
 Can we nominate show for Deathwatch... HobbsofMI 10-10-06 12
   RE: Can we nominate show for Deathw... Snidget 10-30-06 15
 Runaway Bebo 10-18-06 13
 Twenty Good Years trigirl 10-30-06 14
 The Nine shakes the clown 10-30-06 16
   RE: The Nine Ahtumbreez 10-30-06 17
       RE: The Nine shakes the clown 10-30-06 19
 Studio 60 Bebo 10-30-06 18
   Waaahhh! mom2bjm 10-31-06 20
   RE: Studio 60 trigirl 10-31-06 21
   RE: Studio 60 CattyChat 11-01-06 22
       RE: Studio 60 sharnina 11-01-06 23
 Justice trigirl 11-13-06 24
   RE: Justice Snidget 11-13-06 25
       RE: Justice Loree 11-16-06 28
           RE: Justice - Reprieve trigirl 11-17-06 29
 Six Degrees trigirl 11-13-06 26
 RE: Deathwatch foonermints 11-16-06 27
 The Nine KScott 11-27-06 30
 Daybreak trigirl 12-17-06 31
 OC on Fox. Snidget 01-04-07 32
   RE: OC on Fox. flipxcyd 01-05-07 33
   RE: OC on Fox. CouchTater 01-05-07 34
       RE: OC on Fox. KwietOne 01-07-07 35
           RE: OC on Fox. trigirl 01-08-07 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-04-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Happy Hour"
Per Kristen in her EOnline chat.

Sadly, Happy Hour is currently pulled from Fox's schedule, so it might be a goner (even though the network is not admitting so).

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Trans/Archive2006/060925b.html

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Happy Hour"
Haven't even HEARD of this one. That is not a good sign.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Happy Hour"
It is was on Thursdays at 8:30PM opposite Survivor.

Fox will probably move its higher profile 'Til Death lead-in to Sundays, but Happy Hourt realy didn't have much hope in that time period, that was a gimme.... as was any network drama starring Dana Delany

10-04-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
2. "Kidnapped"
Per today's Ask Ausiello column on TVGuide Online:

Question: I'm such a huge fan of Kidnapped. Do you see it lasting for a full season? — MelanieJo

Ausiello: Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just got word that the show is essentially dead. Producers have been told to finish making 13 episodes, and then stop. On the bright side, another Reunion this is not. They had a contingency plan in place that lets them wrap up the mystery by then.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

10-06-06, 09:12 PM (EST)
5. "Smith"
Breaking news on TV Guide Online - Smith has been pulled from the lineup.

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700008422

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-08-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Smith"
I was just starting to get into this show. Figures. Now I'm stuck wondering about Amy Smith's character. The only one I felt intrigued about.

Tribey Rocks!

10-09-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The Class swaps time periods with How I Met Your Mother"

Apparently CBS is hoping that having Mother as it's lead-in will boost Class' ratings. If that doesn't work, my guess is that it will be gone.

10-09-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
8. "Vanished moving to Fridays"
Vanished is moving to Fridays when Fox's full schedule resumes after the World Series:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/fox-unveils-post-major-league-baseball-playoffs-schedule-changes-1010084.php

This sounds awful similar to NBC's announcement that it's moving Kidnapped to Saturdays to going to let it burn off a shortened 13 episode season on Saturdays.

Surprise, surprise -- the struggled Jerry Bruckheimer show gets the shot at taking over Vanish's plum post-Prison Break Monday 9PM time period.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-09-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Vanished moving to Fridays"
iVanished is moving to Fridays...

That's FOX's version of the kiss of death. Both Dark Angel and Fastlane (shows I really liked) didn't last long after their Friday move.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Vanished moving to Fridays"
*sigh* Dark Angel was such a good show until they started messing with it trying to get viewers.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Shows off life support and breathing on their own, and other news"
These shows had full seasons ordered (Zap2it article in my paper):

CBS
The Unit
The New Adventures of Old Christine

NBC
Heroes

Other News:
ABC
Holding off on "The Knights of Prosperity" Was supposed to start 10/19 and be on Tuesdays at 9. May still be a midseason replacement

Fox
All new shows to return after World Series, but some are getting moved around.

Justice will move to 9 pm after Prison Break.
Standoff will be Tues at 8 with House after it.
Trading Spouses will move to Friday (9 pm after it's two hour season opener) with Vanished (at 8 pm)

I'm glad Justice is moving. That 9 pm Weds slot was too loaded with too many shows I wanted to watch. It may get a chance on Mondays.

They may be getting ready to move these guys to the ICU:
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Runaway
Friday Night Lights
Six Degrees.

Jerico and Heros seem to be stable, but The Nine's vitals are not looking so good.

It's a tribe creation!

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Can we nominate show for Deathwatch?"
I've seen a few that should be on Deathwatch: That stupid family show with Flochart after DHW on Sunday now...

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

10-30-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Can we nominate show for Deathwatch?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-06 AT 08:51 AM (EST)

It is on the short list of shows that got picked up for a full season

According to this

Scripts ordered for full season:

Brothers & Sisters,
Ugly Betty,
Heroes,
Shark,
Jericho,
and The Game

Shows that had some new scripts ordered, but not a full season

Help Me Help You,
The Nine,
Men in Trees and
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

ETA: from the futon critic

These shows also had more scripts ordered
The Class
Justice
Standoff
Til Death
Happy Hour
Friday Night Lights
Vanished (will wrap up after the additional scripts are run and Kidnapped also scheduled to end at the 13 show mark, but it had 13 in the original order)

Freshman series with no addtional scripts ordered

Six Degrees
30 Rock
20 Good Years

10-18-06, 04:17 PM (EST)
13. "Runaway"
Officially, the second show to be gone, even though a few shows are "on hiatus" and others are going away after the initial 13 shows air.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/18/television.runaway.reut/index.html

10-30-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Twenty Good Years"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-06 AT 08:18 AM (EST)

I'm not a sitcom gal, so I can't comment....

No more Twenty Good Years. The horrible NBC sitcom starring John Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor has been pulled off the air. Thank you, NBC! 30 Rock survives and has been moved to Thursday nights where it will be paired with the return of Scrubs Nov. 16. It will also be super-sized that night, so maybe they'll call it 40 Rock, or Alec Baldwin will be taller.

From Canoe article that says November sweeps are a dud.

edit: tag fix

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "The Nine"
I haven't done the research, but there's no way this horrific show can be doing well in the ratings. I can't be the only person out there that loved the premise of this show, gave it a few weeks and have now completely given up on this horrible show.

No way this thing makes it to a second season which means they better start giving up those scenes in the bank so at least the poor viewers that stick with this drek can at least get something out of it.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Nine"
Came here to post just that.

The network may still have hopes, but about 3/4's of the way thru last week's show, I killed it. It's not just on Death"watch", it's Dead.

Biggest disappointment this season.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Nine"
In the Sun-Times today the media critic listed 5 shows that should've been good but absolutely suck and take a wild guess which show made the list.

So I guess we're not the only ones that realize how bad this show is.

I would be interested to know how it is doing in the ratings. Obviously being on after Lost must help but I can't believe that people are still watching this show considering how bad its been.

10-30-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
18. "Studio 60"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-nbc-studio-60-be-canceled-1010338.php

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-31-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Waaahhh!"
I was all ready to watch this tonight.. and it wasn't on... so I didn't even sit down to watch ANYTHING!

No tricks from Moonbaby, just treats!!

Bummer dude!

10-31-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Studio 60"
I think I am one of the few who likes this show. Especially Matthew Perry (gosh, can't believe I just wrote that).

From Canoe:

By the time you read this it probably will be official. Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip will be cancelled by NBC. Getting pulled this Monday night to test low-rated rookie Friday Night Lights in the time slot was the kiss of death.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Studio 60"
I'm so bummed about this one. Another smart show gets dumped prematurely while carp still fills the airwaves. I really enjoyed this show and last week's episode was my favorite with the black-listed writer visting the Studio.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Studio 60"
I agree! I really like this show. The black-listed writer story was so sweet. I also loved the story of the son showing his parents around the studio. At the end when the son gave his dad an old record of the "Who's On First?" skit was great. I had to wipe a tear from my eye.

11-13-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
24. "Justice"
Hadn't watched the show, so can't comment. Love Victor Garber though...

From Canoe

FOX has pulled the freshman drama "Justice" from its schedule after it failed to find an audience on two different nights.

Although it was produced by hitmaker Jerry Bruckheimer, "Justice" was already living on borrowed time, as its Monday 9 p.m. ET timeslot was earmarked for "24" beginning in mid-January.

11-13-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Justice"
That's too bad. I do like the show, but I do think we have reached saturation on lawyer/crime shows. Between all the CSIs and Law and Orders and all the clones of these shows eventually you get too many and some will have to die.

I did like that at the end they showed the actual crime, although much of the time what was shown was what I expected. I'd like to have seen a few more suprises, even though if everyone got it wrong every week that would be boring as well.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Justice"
This was one of the few new shows that I did like. Too bad they couldn't have found a timeslot that would work for it.

11-17-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Justice - Reprieve"
FOX has pulled the plug on "Vanished" while fellow newcomer "Justice" is moving to yet another time slot.

"Justice" will take over "Vanished's" previous home of Fridays at 8:00/7:00c starting December 1.

link

11-13-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
26. "Six Degrees"
Shelved until January. No episodes during November sweeps is not a good sign.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Deathwatch "
Could this be a "Wishlist" please?
I nominate 'Jericho' 'Deal of No Deal' '1 agin 100' and, for the pity of God,
'Show Me the Monkey'.

Or should I just pray for an Estee review?
*clasps hands*

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "The Nine"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-06 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

Is now in a coma per brilliantbutcancelled.com

syren rocks

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

12-17-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
31. "Daybreak"
ABC is shuffling its deck chairs once again, pulling both Wednesday newcomers "Show Me the Money" and "Day Break" from its schedule effective immediately.

The network is expected to stream the seven remaining episodes of "Break" on ABC.com.

The news marks the Alphabet's first official cancellations of the 2006-07 season. Still sitting on the shelf, but technically alive are "Extreme Makeover" (three episodes yet to air), "Help Me Help You" (four), "The Nine" (six) and "Six Degrees" (seven).

Link.

Too disappointed to speak.

01-04-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
32. "OC on Fox."
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/04/tv.the.oc.canceled.ap/index.html

"The O.C.," the once-hot teenage soap opera that saw its ratings plummet like a delinquent student's grades, has been canceled.

The final episode of the drama will air 9 p.m. EST Thursday, February 22, Fox TV and Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. said Wednesday.

The finale "will deliver real closure to the series, to the story we began telling four years ago," series creator Josh Schwartz said in a statement. "It will be fun and emotional and I think really satisfying. It is the finale we always planned to do."

It's a tribe creation!

Imaginary friends by Bob!
There is no nonsense so gross that society will not, at some time, make a doctrine of it and defend it with every weapon of communal stupidity.
- Robertson Davies

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-07, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: OC on Fox."
I can safely say it was coming. The plot lines were wearing thin. The kids graduated high school. They go their separate ways. It should have ended there. But now we got to witness love blossom between Ryan & Taylor, and now...that's it.

Seth & Summer was bound to go nowhere and what was the deal with Seth's Mom pretty much MIA this season?

Fox basically nailed the final nail in the coffin by placing this show on Thursday nights against Grey's and CSI. I have Fox to blame. I sure they don't screw up 24 too.

Are you on the list?

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-07, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: OC on Fox."
While I'll miss this show, maybe now that Melina Clark is free, she can reprise her role more often as Lady Heather on CSI.

A Tribephyl creation

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-07, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: OC on Fox."
Ah yes, Lady Heather. But then again, with Grissom's character on "sabbatical", I doubt we'll see her anytime soon.

Got Tribe? I did!
Are you on the list?

01-08-07, 04:55 PM (EST)
36. "RE: OC on Fox."
Trivia: Kelly Rowan (Kristin Cohen) was the domineering wife in the first Lady Heather episode.

Go on Gil, dump Sara and be with Lady Heather, your true love!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •