The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-09-06, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
I finally got into BSG over the summer. Watched S1 & S2 on DVD, and talked my husband into watching the premier of S3 Friday night.

Did anyone here watch it? What did you think?

Is Starbuck finally breaking after 4 months of non-stop mind-frakking, or is she just plotting her next opportunity to kill Leoben?

Who were the Centurions firing at during the final scene, and who is going to die?

I loved Gaeta as the secret source, and I hope he doesn't end up dead because of it.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica shakes the clown 10-09-06 1
 RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica Seana 10-18-06 2
   RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica udg 10-18-06 3
       RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica batts 10-19-06 4
           RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica udg 10-19-06 5
               RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica shakes the clown 10-20-06 6
                   Yes, I did! udg 10-20-06 8
                   RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica Seana 10-21-06 9
           RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica HobbsofMI 10-20-06 7
               RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica udg 10-21-06 10
               that answers that shakes the clown 10-21-06 11
 RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica Seana 11-07-06 12
   RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica shakes the clown 11-07-06 13
       RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica Seana 11-07-06 14
           RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica udg 11-07-06 15
 11/3 "Torn" udg 11-07-06 16
   RE: 11/3 "Torn" Seana 11-07-06 17
 A Measure of Salvation Seana 11-18-06 18
   RE: A Measure of Salvation shakes the clown 11-20-06 19
       I agree udg 11-20-06 20
 Un-frakking-believable! udg 11-20-06 21
   RE: Un-frakking-believable! batts 11-22-06 22
 12/1: Unfinished Business udg 12-06-06 23
   RE: 12/1: Unfinished Business Seana 12-17-06 25
 12/15: Eye of Jupiter udg 12-16-06 24
   RE: 12/15: Eye of Jupiter Seana 12-22-06 26
 Season 3.5 Promos udg 01-07-07 27
 S2 - EP: Downloaded question HobbsofMI 01-08-07 28
   RE: S2 - EP: Downloaded question udg 01-12-07 29
       RE: S2 - EP: Downloaded question HobbsofMI 01-16-07 30
           Yes udg 01-17-07 31
 1/21: Rapture udg 01-23-07 32
   RE: 1/21: Rapture HobbsofMI 01-24-07 33
       1/28 Ep. HobbsofMI 02-01-07 34
           RE: 1/28 Ep. udg 02-01-07 35
               Last two weeks sucked.... HobbsofMI 02-21-07 36
                   My reviews 314 and 315 udg 02-21-07 37
                       RE: My reviews 314 and 315 HobbsofMI 03-14-07 38
                           RE: My reviews 314 and 315 udg 03-14-07 39
                               RE: My reviews 314 and 315 HobbsofMI 03-20-07 40
                                   RE: My reviews 314 and 315 Seana 03-21-07 41
                                       RE: My reviews 314 and 315 HobbsofMI 03-26-07 42
                                           To be fair... udg 03-26-07 43
                                               Also... udg 03-26-07 44
                                                   RE: Also... Seana 03-28-07 45
                                                   RE: Also... HobbsofMI 03-28-07 46
                                                       RE: Also... Seana 03-28-07 47
                                                           RE: Also... HobbsofMI 03-29-07 48
                                                               RE: Also... udg 03-29-07 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
Glad to see I'm not the only person who watches. I think this might be my favorite show on television.

My guess is that the centurions are actually firing on the rescue party, not the prisoners. And that the Sharon that met up with the resistance in the woods is actually one of the bad guys....after the old guy's wife ratted them out.

But, the rescue party will save the day, or at least break up the firing squad and save Rosland.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-06, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
OK! I have finally seen the premiere. I'm a bit behind because I have to rely on someone to tape it for me. Stupid basic cable.

Anyway - I don't know about Starbuck. I wondered if it was a trick, too. But I'm not so sure. I think she really tried not to like the girl, but it would be pretty hard, sinc eshe was just small. How old would she be? Maybe 2, 3 at the most.

I like Gaeta too. Chief was pretty rough on him at the end. He told Gaeta he could "do something" to resist. What did he think had been going on all those months? Gaeta *was* doing something - giving the Resistance information. Information they have no other way of getting. Duh.

RE Centurions: I have no idea who they were firing at. I don't think they can kill Roslin or Zarek, but I guess we'll see.

Poor Apollo. He's pretty chunky. How many episodes until he's lost the weight?

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

10-18-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
Starbuck's "daughter" *should* be about a year old, maybe more or less, depending on how long before the finale The Farm was on the timeline. They've been on the planet 16 months now, and assuming a 9 month gestation, the child should not be 2-3 years old. Either the actress is older for casting reasons, or the child isn't hers.

Gaeta is a *secret* informant. The Chief still doesn't know his identity. It was kinda weird, because the first assumption when you see them together is that Tyrol had found out he was the source, but he hadn't.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-19-06, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
>Starbuck's "daughter" *should* be about a
>year old, maybe more or
>less, depending on how long
>before the finale The Farm
>was on the timeline. They've
>been on the planet 16
>months now, and assuming a
>9 month gestation, the child
>should not be 2-3 years
>old. Either the actress is
>older for casting reasons, or
>the child isn't hers.

I was thinking the same thing! How did that girl get to be 3 years old so fast? I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that.

And Seana, looks like you're right about apollo gaining a little weight. Looks like he's been puttin away some kit kats since last season!

10-19-06, 10:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
The weight is a fastsuit.

10-20-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
>The weight is a fastsuit.
>

..."fasting" is the last thing it looks like Apollo has been doing

I think you mean a "fatsuit".

10-20-06, 09:15 PM (EST)
8. "Yes, I did!"
The weird thing is, I looked at it, thought it looked funny, thought maybe it was supposed to be 2 words, then decided to leave it as one word.

10-21-06, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
*snort* @ shakes

And yes, I know it's a fatsuit. I just wondered how long he'd be in it.

I thought the "daughter" looked pretty old, too. I couldn't remember which season the Farm was on. I actually missed that episode - heard about it, though.

Spooky bouncie by IceCat

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
I think the clone said that they took Starbuck's ovary when they caught her on Capreca when she went back for the arrow....so how long ago was that???? …then they used the eggs in it to have the child.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

10-21-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
Sharon & Helo first "hooked up" on Day 24. The Farm was around Day 61. The S2 finale was ~Day 660.

10-21-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
11. "that answers that"
>I think the clone said that
>they took Starbuck's ovary when
>they caught her on Capreca
>when she went back for
>the arrow....so how long ago
>was that???? …then they
>used the eggs in it
>to have the child.
>

Well I guess after last night's episode we can put to rest the questions about Starbuck's "daughter".

Another great ep last night. I was suprised they got off New Caprica so soon into this season. I really thought most if not all of the this season would take place on New Caprica and then they would escape at the end of the season. Glad they got off though, looks like they are really gonna have some good plotlines as a result of what went on during the occupation. Looks like all collaborators start getting tossed out the airlocks next episode...including Mr Gaeta?

So glad they killed off Col. Tie's wife. She deserved it. Looks like Tie will be pretty messed up though as a result....and Starbuck looks pretty messed up as well.

Glad they decided to get rid of Pegasus. There's a reason this show is called Battlestar GALACTICA. And as I'm sure the producers realized, having the extra ship meant certain key characters couldn't be around as often (Lee for example) which isn't a good thing. Good move to consolidate the cast back onto one ship.

Wonder what will happen to Baltar. He's too good a character for them to get rid of him.

Also, wonder what will be the dynamic now between Roslind and what's his name, her political rival from before, the guy played by Richard Hatch, was with her when they were going to be executed by the cylons? I bet he becomes her vice president. THe only problem is that he was great as a rival for her...don't see how they can go back to that element after what they went through together on new Caprica.

11-07-06, 00:23 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-06 AT 00:25 AM (EST)

An overview of the most recent episode that I have seen:

Storyline A

- Tigh, the Chief, 2 women we've never seen before (maybe just me?), a grieving father and Starbuck's husband are the 6 members of a "jury" that seems to be killing off those who collaborated with the Cylons on New Caprica. It appears as though they are self-appointed.

- The Jury executes Jammer, who was a member of the police squad and who helped Callie (Chief's wife) escape from the planned execution of many humans.

- Starbuck's husband is disgusted that they killed Jammer, who died pleading that he was sorry and that he had only been trying to help. Chief looks uncomfortable throughout.

- Lee reports to Adama that 13 people who were confirmed to have escaped New Caprica have disappeared, including Jammer.

- Gaeta is marked for trial and execution. SB's husband says there's no proof, quits. Chief refuses to vote unless there are 6 members.

- Starbuck confronts Gaeta in the mess hall. Gaeta tries to explain, but she won't listen. Starbuck is recruited to fill her husband's place on the Jury.

- Gaeta is found guilty and abducted. Surrounded by the Jury in the launch bay, he refuses to beg. Starbuck insists that he do just that and demands that he repeat for everyone what he said about feeding info to the Resistance. Chief hears and tells everyone that Gaeta is their inside source, without whom they wouldn't even be on Galactica. Gaeta is freed.

- It is discovered that Zarek (who is President, since Baltar isn't with the fleet) has authorised the Jury because he believes that trials for collaborators would further divide the people and also give the collaborators a forum for whatever argument they might have in their defense.

- Newly re-sworn-in President Roslin declares there will be no trials for anyone.

Storyline B

- Baltar wakes up in a cell guarded by a Centurion. Xena comes for a visit. She tells him that the Sixes will decide whether he can stay or not.

- Caprica Six comes for a visit. She's mad that she fell for him. She leaves. He calls after her that she needs him and that he needs her.

Thoughts:

Poor Baltar. He's just not a strong person. Is he going to spend the whole season looking like he's about to cry?

Does Starbuck work at being miserable?

I really liked Tigh for 2 seasons, despite his dreadful taste in women. I hope he doesn't go downhill from here. He has a lot of nerve standing in judgement of Jammer. Tigh was the one that ordered troops to go in to get food from that other ship after Adama got shot. How many civilians died during that? He got all kinds of mercy then. I think he's not just bitter about the eye. I think he's bitter about his own wife betraying everyone and himself not having seen it.

I'll be getting the most recently aired episode tomorrow night, I hope.

11-07-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
>Poor Baltar. He's just not
>a strong person. Is
>he going to spend the
>whole season looking like he's
>about to cry?
>
>Does Starbuck work at being miserable?
>
>
>I really liked Tigh for 2
>seasons, despite his dreadful taste
>in women. I hope
>he doesn't go downhill from
>here. He has a
>lot of nerve standing in
>judgement of Jammer. Tigh
>was the one that ordered
>troops to go in to
>get food from that other
>ship after Adama got shot.
> How many civilians died
>during that? He got
>all kinds of mercy then.
> I think he's not
>just bitter about the eye.
> I think he's bitter
>about his own wife betraying
>everyone and himself not having
>seen it.
>

That's what is so great about this show. it would've been really easy to have everyone escape, get back on the ships and then resume the search for Earth as if nothign happened. I love the fact that Tigh and Starbuck (who went through so much grief during teh 4 month occupation) are still hanging onto the pain and bitterness of the occupation. It really gives their characters more complexity and gives us some new interesting storylines that can play out all season.

I really am worried about Baltar. he is such a great character I hope they figure out a way to incorporate him back into the fleet. But it doesn't look good right now.

11-07-06, 07:14 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
That's what is so great about this show. it would've been really easy to have everyone escape, get back on the ships and then resume the search for Earth as if nothign happened.

True, that. But the writers do sometimes end storylines abruptly. For example, Tigh's decision to send the troops for the food, Adama arresting Roslin and the Pegasus crew being isolated from Galatica's crew: no censure for Tigh, Adama and Roslin might be an item (that kiss was so awkward) and we now have a little sand-smearing ritual so the 2 crews feel like family. So who knows how long the bitterness plotline will last?

I really am worried about Baltar. he is such a great character I hope they figure out a way to incorporate him back into the fleet. But it doesn't look good right now.

I like him too. I haven't seen the most recently aired ep, but in the preview he is asking if he's a Cylon. Maybe he'll get ahold of some really important information or something and escape to Galactica, where he'll spend the remainder of the trip to Earth in a cell with all his science stuff so that he can make whatever they tell him to.

On an inconsequential note, I'm glad Adama shaved the moustache. It looked silly.

Wheel of Tribe

11-07-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S3 of Battlestar Galactica"
RIP, Pornstache. RIP.

11-07-06, 07:34 PM (EST)
16. "11/3 "Torn""
This is going to be incredibly random. Sorry about that.

Wow. Where to begin? I think I'll actually start with the podcast. This was the second one I've listened to, and I haven't decided yet whether I'll continue to listen to it. On one hand, there are things that it's really nice to know. RDM clarifies things that aren't as clear as he intended them to be. The break-up between Kara & Anders is complete. I don't have to wonder if they're going to get back together or if he was just giving her space or whatever. "The marriage is over." On the other hand, there were a few things in this week's episode that just made me gleeful as story arcs--things that made me say, "Wow, that's amazing! I love that this is all so interconnected. I can't wait to see where they're taking this." And then, I listened to the podcast, and RDM said, "Yeah, we're not really sure where that's going quite yet. We've left that open." WTFrak!!! AAAAAaaaa! Don't say that. You're piloting this ship; please, please, please tell me you know where we're going and (generally) how to get there!

Starbuck... the hair. Katee did not want to cut it, but she did. On camera. With a KNIFE. I love long hair (and in my world, Starbuck's "long" hair is short), but I like her much better with short hair. It's just... yeah. I'd hit that.

The Missing!Cylons arc is something that I really find interesting. It seems that there was a schism. When did it happen, and over what? Could there be "good" hidden cylons in the fleet? Are there 5 models of cylon who chose not to join the attack out there somewhere?

Could Gaius handle things worse if he TRIED? Honestly, I tend to see him as predestined--like it doesn't really matter what he does or how he changes, he's going to end up where he's supposed to end up, so he may as well just give up and let it happen. The few times where he's really tried to buckle down and do something else, Head!Six has all but physically picked him up and put him back on course. I'd like to believe that Head!Gaius is doing the same thing to Caprica Six, even though we don't get to see that story line.

Odds that Tigh ends up in the infirmary with alcohol poisoning before he gets better?

Athena and Starbuck were lovers in the first series. Just sayin' is all.

11-07-06, 11:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: 11/3 "Torn""
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-06 AT 00:29 AM (EST)

Athena and Starbuck were lovers in the first series. Just sayin' is all.

I did not know that.

Edit to add:

Mind if I do an overview here, too? I find it helps because I forget details. I just finished watching my tape.

Overview

Baltar and the Cylons

- Baltar is scared, confused, uncertain and still in his bathrobe while living with the Cylons.

- Baltar still talks with HeadSix (thanks for assigning her a name, udg!), but LiveSix doesn't know about it. He and HeadSix are on a pretty beach.

- Six and Xena tell him that he's only useful to them if he knows where Earth is because they'd like to go live there. Baltar has worked out that they need to go to "the lion's head" with blue and red blinking eyes. He has found a nebula with a pulsar that might be a guide.

- Six takes him on a little walk where she explains "projecting", which is the Cylon way of viewing life. The hallway where they are walking is dark to Baltar, but Six sees a forest, because she wants to. Then Baltar is back on the beach in his head thinking about how real HeadSix seems to him and wonders if he is projecting. Is he a Cylon?

- We learn that the base ships are controled by a "Hybrid", which is apparently half a human-shaped Cylon in what looks like a ressurection bath, hooked up to lots of wires. The Hybrid we see is female and is always talking, though what she says appears to be random. Six explains that some Cylons think the Hybrid has a direct line to God, while others think there is no meaning in what she says.

- Gaius wants to know about the other 5 models of Cylons. Six tells him that we don't talk about them.

- The Cylons send a ship to the nebula. The ship is infected with a disease. All the clones on board are infected.

- Baltar goes to find out what happened. He finds a device which is apparently very old. A nearly-dead Six accuses him of having sent them there to find the disease and die. He chokes her to death. Later, he lies to the Cylons about finding anything suspicious on board the ship. Six knows he lied.

Galactica, Bitterness Plot

- Starbuck is stupid during manoeuvres. Apollo gives her hell. Kasey comes for a visit, but she tells her mother never to bring her back.

- Tigh thinks he sees/hears Ellen, but it's some other woman.

- Starbuck and Tigh spend a lot of time getting drunk and sowing dissention by declaring that only people who fought the Cylons *on* New Caprica be means of violence are proper patriots. Everyone else's contribution is nothing in comparison.

- Word gets back to Adama and he goes and gives Starbuck and Tigh hell.

- Starbuck takes Adama's words to heart, cuts her hair and goes to visit Kasey.

- Tigh tells Adama that he isn't the man he was and proceeds to get really, really drunk.

Galactica, Road to Earth

- Gaeta has been reconstructing Baltar's work and comes to the same conclusions about the pulsar/nebula.

- Sharon is given the new name "Athena". Athena and another pilot are sent to the nebula and jump into a fleet of Cylon ships. Athena quotes some scripture about the mighty falling.

To be continued.

Comments

- Well, at least Cara got her her act together. I was disappointed in her a bit there.

- I agree, udg: Gaius is just stupid sometimes. He took all those pictures and expected that they wouldn't see the gigantic weird piece of machinery? Then he lied about it?

And the thingie itself: Baltar said it looked old, and it certainly appeared to have green stuff growing on it. (In space? *shrug*) Was it left behind by the original travellers who settled the colonies? By happenstance or design?

- Oddly, in the last post I made, I was going to ask whether we'd seen the last 5 clones.

Wheel of Tribe

11-18-06, 01:05 PM (EST)
18. "A Measure of Salvation"
Summary on the SciFi site

Here is another example of the characters not having to face the entire consequences of their actions. Helo will not be prosecuted because Adama agreed that it was wrong to try to infect the entire Cylon population. Of course, he still killed them.

I would think that the Cylons would abandon the search for Earth, since the disease may have originated with the 13th tribe, thus making Earth a place where the virus might live.

So does D'anna think that Baltar is in love with her now? I can't imagine that he's dead. I'm still not sure he's not one of the 5 models we don't know about. Maybe there weren't very many of those ones made. Maybe they were 'never quite right', like Sharon. Remember that episode when the Cylons were talking about Sharon and Helo and they were saying they didn't entirely trust her?

It amuses me that Baltar doesn't keep his mind on Six when they're having sex. That's what she told him: "I know you think about other things - numbers and charts." So has he realised that he only loves HeadSix and not CapricaSix?

Starbuck is back as a pilot, so I guess that except for being divorced, she's back to normal.

Wheel of Tribe

11-20-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: A Measure of Salvation"
>Summary on the SciFi site
>
>Here is another example of the
>characters not having to face
>the entire consequences of their
>actions. Helo will not
>be prosecuted because Adama agreed
>that it was wrong to
>try to infect the entire
>Cylon population. Of course,
>he still killed them.
>

yeah, that part of the show really bothered me. There is no way a real person would've even hesitated for 2 seconds on the decision to genocide the cylons. Afterall, they are machines and even more important, they tried to genocide tghe humans...and practically did.

But, my only problem is with Helo's opinion, not the part about him not being prosecuted. I think alot of that has to do with the scarcity of #'s....if there were still millions of people then helo would be in trouble, but since there are so few "good men" left they made excuses for him and allowed him to continue as if nothing happened.

11-20-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
20. "I agree"
I can't believe how many people on the internet are talking about how sending the virus would have "taken a piece of the humans' souls" or how if they did it, it would prove that they weren't "worthy of surviving" (flashing back to Adama's speach in the miniseries). If someone tries to kill my children, I'm going to kill him first. This is the same thing on a larger scale.

I have to say, I was really disappointed with the past 3 episodes (Torn, A Measure of Salvation, and Hero). There were some HUGE continuity gaps in Hero. Moore wasn't as involved in the post production work on Torn/Salvation, so maybe that explains some of the problems there. I haven't heard the podcast for Hero yet, so I'm not sure what happened, but whatever it was, it was bad.

The good news is, Unfinished Business, which will air the week after Thanksgiving, looks to be absolutely AWESOME. We get some of the back story regarding what happened during the lost year plus we deal with some of the loose ends from the beginning of this season (Starbuck & Anders were in the extended trailer on SciFi.com).

No new episode the week of Thanksgiving!

11-20-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
21. "Un-frakking-believable!"
Scoop! Battlestar Galactica on the Move!
A Sci Fi Channel rep is now confirming what I've been hinting at for weeks: Battlestar Galactica is saying "Frak you!" to Friday.

The galaxy's best space epic ever is heading to Sundays at 10 pm <EST> beginning Jan. 21, when the show returns with the second half of Season 3.

'Battlestar Galactica' moves to Sundays WARNING: THIS LINK CONTAINS IMAGES FROM Unfinished Business WHICH HAS NOT YET AIRED.
"Battlestar Galactica" will move to Sundays starting Jan. 21, Sci Fi confirmed Monday. In the Central time zone, the show will air at 9 p.m.

The new time and day will kick off the second half of "Battlestar's" critically acclaimed third season...

...No new episode of "Battlestar" airs this Friday, Nov. 24. But new episodes of "Battlestar" will air Dec. 1, Dec. 8 (that's the episode written by Jane Espenson) and Dec. 15, then the series will take one-month break until Jan. 21.

Watch this space later in the week for more on on the Dec. 1 episode, "Unfinished Business," by Michael Taylor. It's powerful and heartbreaking.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is too stupid to be unintentional. Their ratings were so good last spring when the put SG1, Atlantis and BSG together, and now they seem determined to keep them separate. I half wonder if they're not deliberately trying to keep SG1's ratings "low" to justify its cancellation earlier this year. Whatever the reason, it seems like a really dumb move.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-22-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Un-frakking-believable!"
No new episode of "Battlestar" airs this Friday, Nov. 24

I'm gonna need a Battlestar fix!

Instead of BG.... the old 1983 movie 'The Day After' is on this friday.

12-06-06, 00:17 AM (EST)
23. "12/1: Unfinished Business"
I loved this episode, but I really don't have much to say about it.

12-17-06, 08:27 PM (EST)
25. "RE: 12/1: Unfinished Business"
A little late getting my tape, so I've just watched this ep last night. Good stuff.

I had wondered why during the Season 2 finale, Kara and Lee had ended up marrying other people. Now I know.

I liked the end, actually, where they beat the snot out of each other and then ended up admitting how much they had missed each other.

I feel badly for Anders. Perfectly nice guy.

No news on Baltar for a while.

I'm going to watch the next ep tonight. Then I will be all caught up.

Anders' name always reminds me of a German short story I read once. The last line was: Er was so...anders. He was so...different.

12-16-06, 08:46 PM (EST)
24. "12/15: Eye of Jupiter"
1) "Previously, on BSG, a bunch of stuff happened that we'd not actually seen the footage of." Some of those unseen scenes would have added actual content to those previous episodes. :-P

2) I liked the church bells-y music that played when he was getting the urge to walk up the hill. Also, the t-shirt tank set that looks so amazingly hot on Starbuck does absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G for the Chief.

3) The Starbuckcrossed/Lee is so incredibly frakked up! Wow. And, how can she not know that Lee would have a problem with having an affair? Anders may have been lying about Kara cheating on him (or not), but it definitely got Lee thinking about how loyal she'd be to him.

4) Caprica!Six was ready to let Baltar die a few short episodes ago, and now she's all betrayed because she's not the most important thing in his life. STFU, whiny!Six. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss head!Six! (I fast forwarded through most of the head!Six scenes during the second half of S1.)

5) The hybrid was so talking to Baltar when she said only the worthy could enter.

6) I think I felt sorry for Baltar last night for the first time since... ever.

7) Chief, I'm sure if you continue stand there and stare at the exact same spot on the same damned pillar for the next 3 hours, it will be much more effective than it was the first 3 hours you did it.

8) Poor Hera is sick and wants her mommy!

9) Papadama didn't know about Hera. I'm glad he went straight to Sharon/Helo, but "you should be grateful" is just the assholiest thing he could possibly say.

10) I hate cliffhangers, but at lest there are only five weeks to wait. Stargate is taking a Six. Month. Break.

11) The previews for next episode look really good. I thought for sure Kara was gonna get picked up by the Cylons.

12-22-06, 08:59 PM (EST)
26. "RE: 12/15: Eye of Jupiter"
3) The Starbuckcrossed/Lee is so incredibly frakked up! Wow. And, how can she not know that Lee would have a problem with having an affair? Anders may have been lying about Kara cheating on him (or not), but it definitely got Lee thinking about how loyal she'd be to him.

I'm sure she did cheat on Anders. Whenever she has some difficult emotional situation to deal with, she sleeps with someone. For example, she slept with Baltar. She called out Lee's name, but she was having sex with Baltar. I forget what her problem was at the time. Maybe she was freaked out that she felt strongly for Lee. Like in the last ep, where she and Lee slept together and she said she loved him and then went and married Anders the next morning.

Speaking of Baltar, I had wondered how he survived the explosion on Caprica with only Six to shield him. I thought he might be a Cylon.

The Hybrid weirds me out. It's the eyes.

I wonder if they're going to try to get Hera back. Or maybe just *how* they're going to get her back.

I don't like cliffhangers either.

01-07-07, 12:00 PM (EST)
27. "Season 3.5 Promos"
http://community.livejournal.com/battlestar_blog/416997.html

Warning, that link contains spoilers from the commercials that have been running on SciFi.

01-08-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "S2 - EP: Downloaded question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-07 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

Ok...I was catching up on my Season 2 shows and just saw "Downloaded". The Six that was with Baltar can see Baltar just like Baltar see her. What the Frak! Why has this not been shown in S3 or explained more. I'm convinced more and more that Baltar is a Cylon now...Plus it seems like both of these ghost can't communicate back to the real person. I'm really wondering what the Frak is going on.

Plus what happen to the two hero's? I don't remember any word of them since this episode?

Edit: I think some of my questions maybe coming up: Preview No. 2 gives a hint of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-HIjO-6aL4

01-12-07, 11:59 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S2 - EP: Downloaded question"
What do you mean "two heroes?" The Cylon heroes? If so, we've seen them a lot. They're the ones who convinced the other Cylons that occupation was better than genocide when they found New Caprica, among other things.

The Head!Six and Head!Baltar mystery is still a mystery. I think I heard that it's one we'll get an explanation for later this season, but maybe not.

01-16-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
30. "RE: S2 - EP: Downloaded question"
I guess I missed it was the "heroes" that conviced that occupation was better than genocide. Since they are all the same I find it hard to figure who is who. So is the Six that is sleeping with Baltar one of the "heroes"?

01-17-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
31. "Yes"
"Caprica" Six is sleeping with Baltar. She is the one who worked so hard to keep him from getting himself killed or imprisoned during the occupation, as well.

It's not always clear who is who, but that much I was able to follow.

01-23-07, 01:13 AM (EST)
32. "1/21: Rapture"
It's baaa-aaaack.

So, the overall episode was fantastic! There were a number of gleeful moments, which I shall squee over in a moment. However, there were also a couple of horribly bad acting moments. One of which came from James Callis, which is just.... WTFrak!? (The scene where he's standing on the cliff looking down on the temple with D'Anna.) The other one that really stands out was Grace Park in her last scene.

1. OOOoooo. Dee was Not. Happy. about getting sent to rescue Kara. I like spunky Dee.
2. I loved the suddenness of Helo killing Athena. I mean, I knew it was coming, but not when or how, and then BANG! she was dead.
3. Others disagree, but I liked Helo calling Roslin on the whole kidnapping thing. I liked that Adama didn't step between them to stop it, too.
4. Caprica stops Boomer from snapping a baby's neck. Yeah.
5. Lee & Anders fighting together, and Lee saying good things about Anders, and Anders at least sort of respecting Lee as a military leader... Nice.
6. I honestly thought Tyrol was going to be the last one out of the temple and blow himself up there for a bit.
7. Dee slapped Kara! I love Kara, but she so had that coming, and I'm glad Dee got to do it!
8. Added: Which reminds me. The guys standing around analyzing the "Eye" didn't seem too sure. I'm gonna predict that they decide to go one way, Starbuck realizes they're wrong and goes another way, and that's her big trip/disappearance.
9. We don't get to see ANY of the Final Five?????? Not. Fair. (See below.)
10. The cut from "rescue everyone!" to "everyone rescued!" was too abrupt. Very confusing and almost anti climatic.
11. Lee needs to get his ##### kicked again, already. The affair, yeah, yeah, Starbuck Crossed Lovers, I get that. But making eyes at Kara while she's hugging Sam and he's hugging Dee is just... Dee, slap him already. OTOH, it almost seems like he wants *her* to be the one to dump him, rather than the other way around. Gah!
12. I love, love, love the scene with Helo and Kara and the two Eyes!

OK, we were told that one of The Five was someone D'Anna knew and felt like she had wronged. Lucy was in the following episodes: Final Cut, Downloaded, Occupation, Precipice, Exodus 1 & 2, Collaborators, Torn, A Measure of Salvation, Hero, The Passage, and The Eye of Jupiter. Let the speculation begin!

At this point, simply based on the previous interactions we've seen, it seems like it would be Tigh (unlikely for other reasons), Anders, The Oracle (would anyone really care about her?), Cottle, or Novacek/Bulldog.

Of course, the other thing is, it could be someone she did serious damage to that we didn't see. It could be someone that only makes sense when we get more context (e.g., via flashback sequence). In which case, there's no real way to narrow it down, because we're missing key information.

If we only consider characters shown in the commercial where they said, "One will realize they are a Cylon," that limits us to: Adama, Apollo, Baltar, Dualla, Gaeta, Helo, Roslin, or Starbuck. However, having seen how previews play out sometimes, I'd say that doesn't necessarily mean that one of THOSE people is the one.

If it's an interaction we haven't actually seen on the screen, then it could be anyone who was trapped on New Caprica or anyone who was on old Caprica after the invasion or anyone who has spent time on a Basestar or who knew D'Anna before it was revealed she was a Cylon.

Finally, there's the possibility that the apology was a red herring. She could have been apologizing to someone who was wronged by the other Cylons, or to Baltar, or to god for failing or for trying or for her role in the genocide. If that's the case, then all my speculation really is for nothing.

01-24-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
33. "RE: 1/21: Rapture"
1 and 7. I loved Dee slapping Starbuck....you could see Dee was really pissed off the whole time.
2 and 3. Agree....it seemed like Roslin knew he was right but this plays back into Shakes no consequences for your actions.
4. I was caught by surprise by that by Boomer but I think it was Boomer who realized she is the Cylon because of this action.
5. That and Sam realized that Apollo was right and he needed his past experience to pull it off.
8. Well they have Baltar back.....so who knows. I loved the Chiefs line after he knocked him out....LMAO....
9. Yes, none of the final five was a big tease and not they've locked up all Dana's.....we won't know until they open her up again.
10. Agreed....it seemed to rushed at the end of the show.
11. Lee needs a major slap in the face or it's time to let Dee go.
12. I'm a little confused by Helo....does good...but then does bad....

Who Dana saw.....I'm kind of leaning toward Helo or Baltar. Helo because of all the love for Athena and all the stuff he has done to save Cylons in the past: the virus and killing Athena were big ones. Baltar just becuase.....plus why couldn't Baltar and Caprica have a kid but Helo and Athena could? One or the other is one of the final 5 and I'm leaning to Helo because Baltar is too obvious.

02-01-07, 11:12 AM (EST)
34. "1/28 Ep."
Well....scratch Baltar off the list for the final 5 and add Gada my best bet is still on Helo.....I wonder what Six is going to give up?

02-01-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
35. "RE: 1/28 Ep."
Gaeta definitely moved up my list this week. I'd still bet on Anders, though.

No new ep this week due to the Super Bowl.

02-21-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
36. "Last two weeks sucked...."
Well udg....it looks like it's just you and me watching.....

The last two episodes were just *yawn* borning......I don't care about this killer doc or wedding dates.....

02-21-07, 05:53 PM (EST)
37. "My reviews 314 and 315"
BSG: The Woman King
As of last weekend, we no longer have cable, so I had to wait for this ep to come out on iTunes. Unfortunately, Hubby didn't want to watch it on the small screen, so I lost my viewing buddy. So much for BSG being the only show that he watched with me. Also, it ran like butt on iTunes!

Random thoughts:

• They couldn't call the show Mrs. King, because there was no Scarecrow.
  • Still not impressed with the current string of episodes, and unfortunately, a lot of that comes down to production. WTF? This show *can* be awesome, why isn't it?
    • Cut to Saggitarons smudging the room.
    • Cut to Mrs. King looking angsty.
    • Cut to Helo looking angsty.
    • Repeat every 3-5 minutes for the entire frelling show.
  • I am also really, really, REALLY tired of Tigh's whining. "Whah, whah. Look at how much I sacrificed. Look how easy you had it." Shut the frak up, Tigh. You chose to go live on New Caprica, and you got your @$$ kicked for it. Helo still has two eyes, because he chose to stay on the frakking ship where he took over your frakking job. His wife's still alive, because she wasn't feeding information to the bad guys. I know you're jealous, but get over it already. Or at least stop blaming everyone else. You were trying to drink yourself to death for a while there; could you get back on that, please?
  • Is it Dr. Roberts or Dr. Roberts? Because I heard both.
  • My favorite scene in the whole show was the one with Helo & Athena, Lee, Starbuck, and Racetrack all walking down the hall together. This show officially needs More Teamy Goodness.
  • Although, more skin works well, also.
  • "If you notice something suspicious, whatever you do, don't bring it up in a private meeting with only the senior staff present." That was the most discrete way to handle it! WTF was he supposed to do?
  • Head!Gaius yay! Wonder if anyone will realize that both Six and Baltar are talking to and interacting with "no one".
  • I'm starting to think maybe the writers need some marital counseling of their own. Projecting much?

So obviously not my favorite episode ever.

BSG: A Day in the Life

1. Previously on Battlestar Galactica... Wait, that can't be it; we've seen all that before.
  2. I thought that was Ellen in Adama's bed at first.
  3. Meh to Head!Wife. Unless RDM has A Plan, using it as a device in this episode cheapens it for Baltar/Six.
  4. Gaeta & Dee squee! I love the two of them together, and that scene was awesome. (This is the deleted scene on SciFi.com.)
  5. Outer space. Limited food. BREASFEED, ALREADY.
  6. Cute hat on the baby.
  7. I actually like that Cally wants to parent her child. Too many shows treat babies like accessories.
  8. Year. Old. Lunch. Ha!!!!
  9. Roslin: *giggle*
  10. It's a patch. Shouldn't it, you know, be strong enough to patch a tiny hole?
  11. Hotdog & Helo: HA!!!
  12. Snarky!Starbuck is back! YAY!
  13. Starbuck snarking at Lee is back! YAY!!!! I like UST as much as the next person, but the snark is my favoritest thing ever.
  14. Cocky!Starbuck is also awesome.
  15. Starbuck, Apollo and Athena working together. Too bad it wasn't Helo as copilot. I love, love, love Teamy Goodness!
  16. I thought for a second that Cally was giving Nicky to the Admiral. LOL
  17. So, mommy dearest was more of a Mommy Dearest. And, Adama doesn't want to hear it.
  18. Great idea! Hand the baby to the man who is having a hard time standing.
  19. Seelix totally checked out Tirol's @$$ in the hospital gown! Gah.
  20. The red dress stands out in his mind. *snerk*
  21. Roslin got "silly". *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

Overall, thumbs up. It didn't have that "thrown together at the last minute" "what the hell are we doing here?" feel that the past couple of episodes have had. The "character development" would be better received if it were scattered throughout the season instead of clumped in the middle, but the episode itself worked. I wanted to hear RDM's podcast, but he didn't do one for this ep. I want reassurance that they really are getting back on track.

03-14-07, 11:49 AM (EST)
38. "RE: My reviews 314 and 315"
Well....I don't know what you thought of the past two weeks but it does not seem to be getting anywhere and now we have Starbuck "dead" *coughyearightcough*

03-14-07, 08:49 PM (EST)
39. "RE: My reviews 314 and 315"
I haven't found any of the recent episodes all that compelling. Supposedly Starbuck really is dead, but that's not all... whatever that means.

03-20-07, 01:17 PM (EST)
40. "RE: My reviews 314 and 315"
Well....at least the Cylons are semi back.....

I don't understand where they are going with Lee and his dad. Why is Roslyn's aid all messed up....was she one of the women sleeping with Baltar when the Cylons showed up?

I keep hoping it will get better.....but it seems stuck in Neutral right now.

03-21-07, 00:07 AM (EST)
41. "RE: My reviews 314 and 315"
I'm with you, Hobbs. It seems like they've stalled a bit.

However, next week is looking up. From the SciFi site:

Baltar's trial leads to vicious betrayals and new alliances...but who are the final five Cylons? Find out Sunday in the shocking season finale!

Some (mostly frivolous) thoughts on Crossroads, Part 1:

- HeadBaltar doesn't have facial hair. RealBaltar does.

- I think the eerie music can only be heard by a guy with a dead wife.

- Tigh is such a basketcase.

- I love the Irish lawyer's accent.

- Neither Adama should be anywhere near this trial. How many different conflicts of interest are there in total?

- How many times is Lee going to rebel against his father? At least he didn't hold a gun to anyone's head this time.

- I, too, would like to know what is up with the aide, Tori.

Prettiness by tribe

03-26-07, 10:56 AM (EST)
42. "RE: My reviews 314 and 315"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

They did not give us sh!t! The final five are Chief, Tigh, Anders, and Tori? Ok....The XO Tigh existed before the Cylons "evolved" and fought in the first Cylon Wars. So I think that was a total misdirection. Then Starbuck shows up and Lee is the only one who goes after her? What the Frack!

I did like seeing Baltar get off but he would have been killed the second he walked into any part of Galactica...then 3 women rescuer him....Lee's speech was great but would that ever be allowed to happen? NO!

Then to top it off....no shows until 2008. See you in 9 months....well....what audience they had will be long gone...these producers want to kill the show more than the Lost producers.

03-26-07, 10:06 PM (EST)
43. "To be fair..."
The long break is due to the network, not the producers. Still totally WRONG.

RDM (producer) says that Chief, Tigh, Anders & Tori really are Cylons. See: Yes, they are. Ron Moore clears up BSG's season finale.

I was positively giddy for Starbuck's return! I hadn't read any spoilers, and I was thinking it would be several episodes into next season before we saw her again, but as soon as he saw the blip, I started to hope. I actually caught myself leaning forward and tipping my head, trying to get a glimpse of her through the window of his Viper, before she was actually visible on screen. LOL

03-26-07, 10:20 PM (EST)
44. "Also..."
LOVED the atty's and Lee's reactions to Baltar after the trial was over. Baltar actually thought they sort of liked him. HA!

Bill & Roslin are sweet, but she's dying, and that makes it sad.

Cally's gonna be PI$$ED about marrying a Cylon. And Athena had so better rub her nose in it.

I love James Callis, but I really wish Baltar would get himself killed already. I kinda liked him when he was with the Cylons, but now he's back to his old tricks, and ugh! Die!

I'm thrilled, thrilled, thrilled that Starbuck is back. She better be BACK-back, too. No Angel!Buck, thank you. I want the wonderful, snarky smart@$$ we know and love!

03-28-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Also..."
Cally's gonna be PI$$ED about marrying a Cylon. And Athena had so better rub her nose in it.

Which makes their baby a half-Cylon too.

As for the 4/5 final Cylons, there's got to be something odd about them, like that they went to Earth or something, since I don't think that Watchtower is a popular Caprican tune.

Prettiness by tribe

03-28-07, 11:05 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Also..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

But Cally also has a 1/2 Cylon, 1/2 human baby now too....think about how that is going to make her feel.

So they are Cylons.....I want to know how they are going to try to explain that one....especially Tigh.

The fifth Cylon has to be Starbuck because of her being back and her knowledge of the scriptures plus Chief had knowledge of the temple and the bulls eye and so does she....

Then Lee will be in love with a Cylon too....lol....

03-28-07, 03:14 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Also..."
The fifth Cylon has to be Starbuck because of her being back and her knowledge of the scriptures plus Chief had knowledge of the temple and the bulls eye and so does she....

Dunno. The 5th could still be Baltar. Or Roslin, since she's sharing a dream with 2 Cylons.

So they are Cylons.....I want to know how they are going to try to explain that one....especially Tigh.

I know! Maybe Tigh was a prototype gone horribly awry and that's why he's spent the last 30 years drunk out of his mind.

03-29-07, 07:56 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Also..."
Baltar was told that he was not a Cylon by 6 and 3......

I thought Helo which is possible still but I'm thinking Starbuck. Roslin is the dying leader leading them to earth but she won't live long enough to see it.

03-29-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Also..."
I don't think Baltar is a Cylon, however... Tyrol was told he wasn't a Cylon by Cavil. The seven known models can't recognize the Final Five. We don't know how or why that's true.

Supposedly, Katee (Starbuck's actress) is the *only* actor on the series who was told flat out that she's Not A Cylon. My prediction is that the fifth Cylon is someone we haven't met yet, probably, someone who isn't on Galactica, since they apparently were not drawn to the music with the other four.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •