The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"1 vs. 100"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"1 vs. 100"
I can count two strikes against NBC's newest game show before ever seeing it.

1. It's hosted by Bob Saget, who is probably not in Aristocrats mode.

2. According to one review at MetaCritic, during the entire one-hour premiere, fourteen questions were asked.

So we now have a game show that makes Deal Or No Deal look fast-paced. Worry.

I'll probably watch it tonight just to see what all the fuss won't be about. Anyone else?

(Nine p.m. EDT. First Full House joke at 9:02.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 1 vs. 100 Colonel Zoidberg 10-14-06 1
 I hope i t's OK........... Savahnna 10-14-06 2
   RE: I hope i t's OK........... Colonel Zoidberg 10-14-06 3
       RE: I hope i t's OK........... Savahnna 10-16-06 5
 RE: 1 vs. 100 CouchTater 10-14-06 4
 RE: 1 vs. 100 vince3 10-16-06 6
   RE: 1 vs. 100 Bebo 10-17-06 7
       RE: 1 vs. 100 vince3 10-21-06 8
 House organ. Estee 10-22-06 9
   RE: House organ. Savahnna 10-22-06 10
       RE: House organ. Savahnna 10-28-06 11
           RE: House organ. Estee 10-28-06 12
   A rare event: Estee 12-02-06 13
       RE: A rare event: vince3 12-03-06 14
       RE: A rare event: Fishercat 12-04-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-14-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 1 vs. 100"
I have another strike against it - it's the worst execution of what's a really cool idea that I've ever seen. The questions are positively ridiculous - I knew the answer to every last one of them. The answers are inane, and there are only three choices - that's way too restrictive. The perfect number of choices for a multiple-choice question? Four, of course. Every "Millionaire" fan from the turn of the millennium knows that. They also know that, although the first few questions should be easy enough, they shouldn't be ridiculously easy, and the questions should be better than "What's a badonkadonk?" Seriously. I could have written better questions than that. Although I suppose the questions have to be easy, since any wrong answer means they lose every dime to the mob. I'm sorry, but you have to have a safe haven. Maybe a rule that you get 10% of what you win if you miss it.

That and I thought Bob Saget's crack at the beginning was stupid and borderline offensive. Doing the fist thingy with that bouncer was kind of cool; after all, Bob Saget would be on channel 712 doing crappy stand-up in front of a national sudience of 57 if not for Howie. Following it up with "Now don't touch me" is the dumbest thing ever. Yes, we all know Howie Mandel is obsessive-compulsive and doesn't like germs. We know he has an aversion to shaking hands. It's old news. Making a crack like that at the expense of the man whose fine work as host of Deal Or No Deal is the dumbest thing ever. Bob Saget should be dismissed as host of 1 vs. 100, it should be cancelled, and it should then be revamped with harder questions, a safe haven, no DOND models or famous people in the mob (maybe all anonymous people who are a professional mob) and four choices instead of three for the questions.

On the other hand, if Bob Saget had done the Dr. Evil finger thingy while he said, "One million dollars," he could have had a laugh at Howie, and we all could, too. And at the first guy who looked like a younger, balder Howie.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-14-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I hope i t's OK..........."
to say I really liked it.

I'm just a sucker for getting excited about ppl winning big $$ fast. I totally agree that the questions were ridiculously easy...I have a feeling that will change soon.

I AM SO WITH YOU on Bob Sagot's Howie Mandel slam being offensive. I agreee that is terms of dismissal for Bob alone. I am a big Howie fan and didn't like that remark at all. Actually, I'd find it offensive about anyone. Worthless slam and not funny. But I do like the show. I was trying to think what the fascination of DOND was and at least for me it's just how long they can dodge the big one. Howie really does keep it going. That and I don't have a life!!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-14-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I hope i t's OK..........."
As I said, I really liked the show - as a concept. I didn't like the execution. And I don't like Bob Saget. I expect TV Guide to slam him in the "Cheers and Jeers" section the first chance they get.

Also, he tried to be funny and failed on multiple occasions. He wasn't offensive on those occasions; he just wasn't funny. If they want a comedian to host the show, they should bring back George Gray (for those who weren't Weakest Link fans, George Gray was the host of the syndicated, 30-minute Weakest Link. In contrast to Anne Robinson's stern, schoolmarm demeanor, Gray was described as a class clown, and from what I watched, he was a fvcking riot. He would do far better at this than Bob Saget.)

10-16-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I hope i t's OK..........."
I LOVED Anne Robinson. Mind you I couldn't be paid enough to appear with her on anything she hosted on National TV....but her wit was great.......I liked George Gray too....but it was differnt humor...

I'm still waiting for the ultimate......HOWARD STERN hosting Big Brother....now that's tv!

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-14-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 1 vs. 100"
I kept surfing back and forth and didn't watch it in its entirety, but I found Bob Saget to be totally boring. He looked rather like he couldn't wait to be done with the show.

I give it a minus 1*. Boring with dumb questions.

A Tribephyl creation

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 1 vs. 100"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-06 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

.....and then there's the two "lifelines": Assistance from the mob in 2 different directions.

1. Choose an answer and one of the members who chose it will defend hir choice to you. (The simple fact that 70+ out of maybe 80 or so wasn't enough? or the opposite, if you choose a wrong answer and see only 3 people out of the entire mob, and the defense is pretty convincing even if the number of mob members choosing it wasn't......)

2. The computer will randomly select 2 of the mob members with one having picked the right answer and one picking the wrong answer. (The little caption on the bottom of the screen said that the member didn't have to be honest about why they chose an answer, but they must be honest about which answer they chose.)

With lifelines like these in your back pocket, it's easy to see why the 2nd contestant is still playing with over half of the mob gone already.......

Adricharlie's Steeler Salute to Heinz Field

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 1 vs. 100"
The simple fact that 70+ out of maybe 80 or so wasn't enough?

Well, the first guy was smart enough to figure it out and use his time talking to a model instead of to a geek.

10-21-06, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 1 vs. 100"
and last night we saw the other end of the lifeline come to bite the contestant striaght on the a$$: Only 4 people chose the answer that the contestant picked for the first Mob lifeline on the "Baby Jessica" question. The woman he chose was so convincing that he decided to try the other help from the mob. Just as I was saying to the other people watching in the house I was in that he better pray that one of those 4 people don't end up being one of the random picks of the computer, the same woman came up with one of the Mob members who got it right! The one who got it right played dumb, of course. The contestant went with the wrong answer and the Mob of 49(?) who got the question right shared his $35K!

Also, last night, "Mr. Jeopardy" Ken Jennings who was in seat 13 got eliminated from the Mob on a question about a roulette wheel, mainly which color is the number 1? (He chose black, B, the correct answer was red, A)

Adricharlie's still not bitter, is she? Nah.....

10-22-06, 05:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "House organ."
Does anyone else think this could become to NBC series promotions what the World Series is to FOX? 'In the mob today, we have six sitcom stars! Three newscasters! Twelve production executives! One Greenlight Guy! And sixteen Apprentice contestants who know just as much about trivia as they do about business!'

So you're up sixteen people before the game even starts.

10-22-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
10. "RE: House organ."
Hi Estee.....I could see that potential..IF the show lasts that long and gets enough visability.

It doesn't seem to be doing so well here or on other boards. I'm a fan and was pleased to see the questions get harder.

I think Sagot can sink it for the show though. He's not Howie!!

10-28-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
11. "RE: House organ."
WOW

The questions really got tougher.

Now the big money seems less obtainable than DOND.

AND...Saget sure isn't making this more fun...It seems like there are more commercials and less show time too.

I better get a life one of these days!

10-28-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: House organ."
Plus they redid the payout structure, which isn't a good sign: clearly they felt they were letting contestants get too much money early, and they had to provide incentive to go on by making the big money arrive in the later rounds. Except that if you knock out most of the Mob early, there isn't as much cash to be made from the remaining members. Not helpful.

They're still looking for their ringer(s), too: the Mob geniuses who know the answer to any possible question and can prevent the million from being paid out. But -- they're still looking. Losing all three Millionaires during one round? Nice try.

12-02-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
13. "A rare event:"
I got a prediction right. Last night in the Mob: four stars from Las Vegas, and Saget used their appearance to A. promote the two-hour episode which followed and B. tried to get them some money, because they really, really needed it. Although not as badly as Annie Duke and David Eckstein, also in the Mob. And -- you'll kick yourself if you missed this -- Kevin Federline.

Well, he really needs the money.

Guess how many questions he made it through. Just guess.

12-03-06, 01:42 AM (EST)
14. "RE: A rare event:"
I'm praying the schmuck was one and done!

Tribe's Secret Santa Siggie!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-04-06, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: A rare event:"
Not surprisingly, all four LV people and K-Fed got bumped early. Mr. Federline botched a question on flatware.

Quality stuff, and he got down to 11, which was new territory. I have to admit, I like it better than DOND

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •