The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Love's opening sequence..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-11-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Love's opening sequence..."
...is probably the best one on television. It combines Ice Skating, passionate stares, some neato special effects, and the greatest pop song of all time. Oh, and the show is pretty good, too.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Big Love's opening sequence... zombiebaby 04-11-06 1
   RE: Big Love's opening sequence... HobbsofMI 04-12-06 2
   RE: Big Love's opening sequence... bacon 04-17-06 3
       RE: Big Love's opening sequence... ginger 04-17-06 4
       RE: Big Love's opening sequence... ginger 04-17-06 5
       RE: Big Love's opening sequence... theking0075 04-24-06 6
           RE: Big Love's opening sequence... freakusmaximus2 05-08-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
Oh bacon! "God Only Knows" was my wedding song!

I do think the show is getting better. Last episode was the best yet.

I just don't get why they are polygamists. The Hendricksons. Why did the first wife agree to it? Why do this for all the trouble it is.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
Why not just say you are married but have two open mistress.....lol...I know that would fly far in Utah or with the Mormon Church.

I do like this show but having 3 wives would be too much work and the kids stories are fun to watch develop too.

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-17-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
I understand why the 2nd wife and third wife agreed to it. The 2nd one seems as if she needs drama around her at all times and the 3rd is very young and naive. But you are right about the first wife, she seems to strong-willed to put up with this. But maybe that'll be answered in time.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
As the backstory unfolds, we are learning that Barb had cancer and was supposedly going to die when Nikki came into their lives. In fact, it is implied that Nikki nursed Barb through the cancer.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-06 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

ETA - oops! Hit post instead of reset. Ignore this.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-24-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
A few things,

First as far as Barb allowing Bill to marry Nickie, Sarah explained a few weeks ago that when Barb got sick, Bill rediscovered his faith when he turned to God to ask that Barb be healed. Polygamy being part of Bill’s faith, he took Nickie as a second wife. Barb allowed it because she was too sick probably to object at the time it happened and once she did get better, it was already done and she didn’t want to leave Bill.

Next, in regards to the opening scene, anyone else notice Bill wears two wedding bands, one on each hand? I find it interesting he doesn’t wear three or just one.

Finally, I have a question, if you saw the show last night, what was going on between Alby and the gay hitchhiker? Are they implying Alby may be gay or did he just want some company?

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

freakusmaximus2 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus2 Click to send private message to freakusmaximus2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Big Love's opening sequence..."
In terms of the back story, was it implied that when barb was sick and Bill started praying, etc that Roman paid for Brab's surgery? (and that is why Bill was indebted to Roman , giving him a % of his first stores) I am not sure but I think that was implied, and possibly Bill marrying Roman's daughter Nikki was a showing of gratitude

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •