The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Commander In Chief"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-05, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Commander In Chief"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-05 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

Geena Davis becomes President of the United States. Trying to horn in on the West Wing's truf. Interesting intial concept, but I had a couple of whaa?s with the set-up.

President Teddy Roosevelt Bridges (LVOE that name!) has a stroke -- but is alive, but before the 25th Amendent is invoked to let VP become acting President, everyone is begging her to resign so the Speaker of the House can take over. Yep -- because she's a woman. Not only that, we find out she was put on the ticket (she's an Independant, too!) just as a piece of fluff -- Republicans said, 'what the heck, lets go with a skirt.'
She's kept in the dark about all the important stuff, nobody likes or respects her.

Would this be a likely scenerio?

Let's run with the woman thing, but at least have the President and party bosses support her!

Best lines:

As Geena Davis and Donald Sutherland (Speaker of the House) argue about if she should resign:

Davis "And then there's that ol once a month thing -- will she push the button?"
Sutherland "Well, you won't have to worry about that much more in a few years."

Older daughter (high school age), has the attitude that this has really ruined her life, to older brother, staunch supporter of President Mom:

"OK. you be John-John and I'll be Patty Davis!"

Overall, though, I guess I'll watch (well, tape while watching TAR Family)

sorry, but I forgot the character names

Yet another Syren gem © MMV

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Commander In Chief Tahj 09-30-05 1
 RE: Commander In Chief StarryLuna 09-30-05 2
   RE: Commander In Chief Molaholic 10-01-05 3
   RE: Commander In Chief dragonflies 10-03-05 4
       RE: Commander In Chief buckeyegirl 10-03-05 6
 RE: Commander In Chief Bebo 10-03-05 5
 RE: Commander In Chief Lasann 10-13-05 7
   RE: Commander In Chief dragonflies 10-14-05 8
 RE: Commander In Chief sammyboy22 10-16-05 9
 RE: Commander In Chief Iceland15 10-21-05 10
 RE: Commander In Chief Denalio 05-17-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-30-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Commander In Chief"
A bit of trivia for the reality show peeps. Matt Lanter, who plays her son, was on Bravo's Manhunt last year. Nice to see that hottie again.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-30-05, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Commander In Chief"
I watched it and for the most part enjoyed it, but I found it pretty depressing how little support she got from politicians and all those other West Wing workers - especially the women! I was just amazed at how all these people resigned, right down to the secretaries because a woman was now in the most powerful position in the world. I'll keep watching though, just to see her stick it up their butts. And I think the dynamics between Geena Davis and Donald Sutherland are going to be fantastic!

Luna's Eclipses

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Commander In Chief"
Just wondering -- who will be the first to say it --

There's no crying in the Oval Office!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Commander In Chief"
I really think the outcry by people on the show is because she was an Independant, and quite opposed to many of the Presidents viewpoints. Not so much that she is a woman.

I felt sorry for hubby. What is he called now, the First Man?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Commander In Chief"
They called him the First Lady throughout the episode, and I admit, I kept laughing over it...as for the show, it's ok. I hope they keep replaying it on Saturdays, because as Bebo said below I'd rather watch TAR and tape Earl, however once TAR goes into hiatus, this will be an ok replacement to watch instead.

An ARnutz!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Commander In Chief"
Meh. OK but not overly impressed. Fortunately for me, ABC airs repeats on Saturday nights, so I can watch TAR and tape Earl on Tuesdays.

Compared to the other stuff on Saturdays, it's not that big a deal. But it's definitely at the lower end of the totem pole on the Tuesday options.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Commander In Chief"
I thought this week's episode was brillant. I switch back and forth between this and Earl.

She quieted some of her critics with her handling of the murdered Americans.

Also love the chemistry between her and Donald Sutherland.

I've been Nutz'd

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Commander In Chief"
Yes, this week was great. Last week was kinda boring, got me a bit worried, but I loved her bull dog attitude.

siggie by arkie

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Commander In Chief"
I have only watched one episode of this show but, the one I did see was really really good. I am a big Geena Davis fan and I am so glad to see her in something that is doing well for her. I hope this show lasts awhile. I had better get more into it. I have been a Geena Davis fan since Beetlejuice and A League Of Their Own, she is still so beautiful at 50 and she is tall!!!

Iceland15 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-21-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iceland15 Click to send private message to Iceland15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Commander In Chief"
Just what television needed - another liberal show. Save yourself an hour's viewing time. Each week the evil Republicans will try to destroy the American way of life. Only to be saved by caring and brilliant Hillary. I mean Geena. Transparent propanganda for Hillary's future Presidential bid. Written by and acted out all by flaming liberals. No pretense of anything that is unbiased. Blue staters will love it as television continues to divide this country.

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-17-06, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Commander In Chief"
I really enjoyed the first episodes of this show. I thought it was great to see a woman in the role of President. With West Wing on the way out, I thought this would be a good way to keep on getting my 'White House Fictional Intelligent President Storyline" fix.

However, very quickly, it seems the writers began painting Republicans as evil mustache twirling villains. What a waste of the talents of Donald Sutherland to make him play such a one dimensional character. It reminded me of the Frank Burns character in M*A*S*H* - a simple one dimensional villan. As that show matured and grew, all the characters, including the token "bad guy" Charles Emerson Winchester III had much more depth and was more of a full person. You would think the writers of a POLITICAL show for craps sake would know better.

If they had improved or at least maintained the initial integrity of the show I would be sad to see it cancelled, but as it is, I am just mad that the writing and direction of the show (great initial concept and premise of the show) went down the toilet so fast. ...*mutter* *stupid writers* *mutter*

And I just want to say that I am a Democrat and certainly have issues with Republican positions, it pissed me off to see such obvious biased writing. Writers killed this show.
Buh-bye Commander in Chief!

I'll miss Geena though! She's hot!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •