The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"West Wing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"West Wing"
Anyone watching The West Wing this season? I didn't watch it as much last year since the writers changed.

Did Leo really die? Cause that was pretty morbid. DH was flipping back and forth between NBC and the World Series.

a Phoenix Mons creature

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: West Wing - includes SPOILERS Bebo 10-28-04 1
   RE: West Wing - includes SPOILERS blacknwhitedog 10-28-04 2
       Bartlett's term - and more SPOILERS Bebo 10-28-04 3
 Leo trigirl 10-31-04 4
   cast changes HistoryDetective 11-10-04 10
 RE: West Wing Rebel Crown 11-01-04 5
 RE: West Wing dabo 11-01-04 6
 RE: West Wing grit 11-04-04 7
   RE: West Wing dabo 11-05-04 8
 Note to NBC trigirl 11-10-04 9
 RE: West Wing trigirl 04-25-05 11
   RE: West Wing Bebo 04-25-05 12
 Season 7 trigirl 10-12-05 13
   RE: Season 7 okaychatt 10-12-05 14
       RE: Season 7 Idahogal 10-17-05 15
           RE: Season 7 okaychatt 10-19-05 16
 Life Imitating Art trigirl 12-19-05 17
   RE: Life Imitating Art HistoryDetective 01-15-06 18
       Sorry, HD Rebel Crown 01-16-06 19
 Cancelled strid333 01-24-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: West Wing - includes SPOILERS"
I stopped watching last season when they distorted the facts about multiple sclerosis just for the sake of drama.

SPOILER INFORMATION AHEAD
I read that Leo lives and will continue on as an advisor. The new Chief of Staff will be CJ.

Josh is going to leave the White House staff to work on a presidential campaign. This also will leave him available for a romance with Donna.

Please abide in my words, for my references speak of the truth that is within me.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: West Wing - includes SPOILERS"
thanks Bebo

in the timeline of the show- are we at the end of Bartlett's 2nd term? I've lost track.

a Phoenix Mons creature

10-28-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Bartlett's term - and more SPOILERS"
Bartlett's term is scheduled to end middle of next season. Martin Sheen's contract is up at the end of this season, but they're trying to work out deals so that he sticks around and can be lame duck and ex-presidential.

Who are the frontrunners to take the spot in the West Wing? Well, there are four actors to keep your eyes on:
- Gary Cole - He plays the current VP.
- Jimmy Smits - Playing another Democrat who'll be running for the nomination.
- Alan Alda - The chief Republican threat.
- Tim Matheson - Former VP. I don't know what role he'll be playing in the upcoming season, but I saw a preview that had him in it (I always notice his handsome face...I've *SWOON*ed for him since he played Otter).

Please abide in my words, for my references speak of the truth that is within me.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-31-04, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Leo"
Did not like the Leo storyline at all. After all he has done for Jeb? Glad to hear that he is still alive. Terrific scene in the woods.

Can the West Wing survivie Law and Order type casting changes? I know that is the dynamic nature of politics but how will viewers react?

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "cast changes"
I think that the key to making the cast changes acceptable to loyal viewers would be to keep around the most favorite characters while phasing out those who don't play as much of a role. They seem to be doing that by promoting CJ (how many times has AJ won an Emmy? four out of five seasons, right?) but suggesting that Toby and Charlie are on the way out. They need to develop characters that they can do something with - and they haven't known what to do with Charlie for forever (as long as you don't count being invovled in some sort of presidential crisis by dating the daughter). As long as they keep throwing in recurring characters that help to give the show some consistency and gradually introduce new title credit characters, viewers might remain fairly content.

Rebel Crown 1411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-01-04, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: West Wing"
I've become obsessed with this show! Never saw it until Bravo started running reruns of it. Now I can't get enough! I've been heard to mumble, "...must watch West Wing, must watch West Wing..."

This was my first year seeing a season opener. So glad to hear that Leo survives. Love John Spencer's acting job.

I'll be curious to see if this show can do what L & O has done, with the changing characters, too. (I still miss Lenny!) Although, hmmm...I wouldn't mind looking at Tim Matheson for awhile, either.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: West Wing"
I really really really really really really really hated that episode. There were a couple of real clunkers last season, but that was just poorly thought out every way you cut it. You can't tell me that the Secret Service at Camp David wouldn't know where everyone was at all times, not in these highly security conscious times.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-04-04, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: West Wing"
I can't believe that Leo suffered a massive heart attack and survived after hours in the woods alone. That's just not realistic. I guess the producers didn't want to kill off another beloved character on the show. Remember how shocked viewers were when they killed off the president's secretary?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-04, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: West Wing"
Yeah, and that happened off-camera, and the actress had another TV show she'd signed to do.

Anyway, after what I saw last night, the hyped "season of change" seems to be shaping up to be the "season of typical overwrought turgid TV drama." Blech.

11-10-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Note to NBC"
Bring Back Aaron Sorkin!!!!!!!!

04-25-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
11. "RE: West Wing"
Many months after my last rant, I have to say the writing ended up being much better this season. Loved the way they alternated episodes between the West Wing and the nomination process. Do you now wish there was a real Matt Santos or Arnold Vinick out there? They are both sooooo likeable! Can't wait for next season.

04-25-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: West Wing"
I was pleasantly surprised too. I think what attracted me to the show early was that Bartlett was the kind of president I'd like to have - someone trying to do the right thing instead of excessively playing politics. Looks like they got back to the core appeal with Santos and Vinick, and having two wonderful actors playing the parts just made it all work better.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

10-12-05, 08:02 AM (EST)
13. "Season 7"
I obviously do not watch much NBC because I keep flipping on Wednesday's to see if West Wing has started and it hasn't. But, IT HAS! How'd I miss that?!?!?! I'm so p'd. It's on Sunday night's now. What have I missed?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season 7"
<What have I missed

At least you knew there was a new season. I thought the show died last year.

Guess I'll have to wait for the DVDs.

Is there a whole new cast? I won't watch if CJ isn't on.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Idahogal 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Idahogal Click to send private message to Idahogal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season 7"

It's on Sunday nights at 8.
They are switching between the campaigns and the West Wing.
Startling news last week with the discovery of who leaked the news about the secret space shuttle and
yes CJ is still on and Leo is alive and running for Vice president.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 7"
<Leo is alive and running for Vice president.

Despite his heart attack?!

Well, I suppose that means whoever he teams up with wins the election.

That might clear the way for some of the same people to stick around.

Except that in real life, the old players are always pitched, and the new are always cronies of the new winner.

So many inexperienced to appoint to critical positions. So few positions. The classic dilemma of a newly elected president. HA!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

12-19-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
17. "Life Imitating Art"
John Spencer, who plays Leo, had a massive heart attack and died on Friday. Sad.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Life Imitating Art"
Tonight's episode is the first since Spencer's death. It should be interesting...

Sigs by Tribephyl and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal

Rebel Crown 1411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-16-06, 04:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Sorry, HD"
...but last week, West Wing ran a disclaimer at the beginning of the episode, with Martin Sheen saying we'll miss him, we hardly knew ye, etc.

The episode was the Vice Presidential debate.

Oh, dear, what am I doing? Getting a chance to talk with the very hunky HD, but spend it CORRECTING him? What am I, crazy?!?

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Cancelled"
I guess they decided the ratings weren't high enough or that it would be too difficult to write in the end to Leo and a new president but the show is ending this year. I admit, as much as the election campaign is interesting, and that I like both of the president wannabes, I don't want the show to continue with a new set of people.

Three is the perfect number.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •