The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"West Wing Live Debate Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"West Wing Live Debate Episode"
Yawn.

Sigs by Syren and Seana. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal
"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode HobbsofMI 11-07-05 1
 RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode sittem 11-07-05 2
 RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode Denalio 11-09-05 3
   RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode EnglProf 11-09-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode"
What....they just said what the Dems and Reps would say if they could without any worry about getting elected....

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-07-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode"
I actually thought it was somewhat interesting from a political perspective - I don't watch the show at all, though I caught the last 30 minutes a week ago and was intrigued by this live debate thing so I watched it.

I checked out the NBC poll this morning as to who won the debate - it's 70%/30% in favor of Santos. Since I'm an independent my biases swing both ways (maybe "swing" isn't the right word here ) and I thought each candidate made interesting points in the debate itself and thought it was very close. Santos' best point was his closing and his comment on Liberals. However, I thought Vinick had a lot more to say on other points.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-09-05, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode"
I have always thought the West Wing was really an attempt to try to educate or lecture (depending on your perspective) us about political issues and have personally have appreciated it for that even when it was a little heavy handed. I certainly find that too many people think issues are cut and dry in a simple Rush Limbaugh (Baaa baaaa) sort of way and have liked that West Wing helps me see the more complex layers of a particular problem such as Free Trade Agreements and/or dealing with emerging countries economies. I am not sure that the last few seasons have been as good as earlier ones, but I've remained loyal to the show.

I thought the debate did a nice job of pointing out how contrived and controlled the so-called debates are so that nothing really substantial gets said...and how it might be if the candidates really discussed issues and their respective positions from an intelligent perspective. But I also know that is exactly what the writer(s) and producer(s) wanted us to think! It worked for me!

I also appreciate that even though Sorkin (not sure if I have his name right) is most likely democrat/liberal, he does not portray republican/conservatives as evil or stupid, but in my opinion, presents their views in a reasonable way by actors who seem intelligent and likeable too!

I have always wanted to get past the sound bites. I do try to wade through the rhetoric and read as much as I can but I get burned out-- the debate helped rekindle my interest in some of the issues raised!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-09-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: West Wing Live Debate Episode"
Unfortunately, Aaron Sorkin left the show two seasons ago. I think John Wells is the man behind the West Wing now. Good news is that Sorkin has a new show coming out soon. Yay! The West Wing hasn't been nearly as good since he left.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •