The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I Love Earl!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I Love Earl!"
Where are the Earl fans?

I'm not much into sitcoms anymore, even the good ones are predictible and stale, but Earl is different. Earl is like a mini-movie. Earl is fresh.
It's damned funny too. The characters are fun and endearing.

Am I the only one watching this show?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I Love Earl! weltek 09-27-05 1
 RE: I Love Earl! zombiebaby 09-27-05 2
 RE: I Love Earl! RealityMom 09-27-05 3
 RE: I Love Earl! SilverStar 09-27-05 4
   RE: I Love Earl! weltek 09-28-05 9
 RE: I Love Earl! bullzeye 09-27-05 5
 RE: I Love Earl! CattyChat 09-27-05 6
 RE: I Love Earl! StarryLuna 09-27-05 7
 RE: I Love Earl! MarleyCat 09-27-05 8
 RE: I Love Earl! Seana 09-28-05 10
   RE: I Love Earl! dearone 10-10-05 11
 RE: I Love Earl! Bebo 10-10-05 12
 RE: I Love Earl! RealityMom 10-10-05 13
 RE: I Love Earl! flipxcyd 10-19-05 14
   RE: I Love Earl! Bebo 10-22-05 16
 RE: I Love Earl! PagongRatEater 10-21-05 15
 RE: I Love Earl! newsomewayne 10-26-05 17
 GEEZ! flipxcyd 11-01-05 18
   RE: GEEZ! Denalio 11-13-05 19
 RE: I am still Loving Earl! byoffer 02-10-06 20
   RE: I am still Loving Earl! bystander 02-10-06 21
   RE: I am still Loving Earl! bullzeye 02-10-06 22
       Joy byoffer 03-03-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I Love Earl!"
I'll be watching tonight! Last week I was out celebrating my sister's birthday (we had to get back to watch Rock Star: INXS, though). Nolay saw it & liked it a lot, so we'll be tuning in again tonight.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I Love Earl!"
Love it!

Love the concept, characters and the acting.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I Love Earl!"
The best thing, if I remember correctly, is that Earl said he over 200 bad things he needed to make amends for. That's enough plotlines for 10 years! The beginning of the show reminded me of Jim Carrey's movie, "Me, Myself and Irene", and so I was hooked from the start.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I Love Earl!"
I watched. It was pretty good, but did not live up to the hype, IMO. I will probably stick with it though. I imagine it will get funnier the more we get to know the characters.

I.Heart.Syren

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I Love Earl!"
yeah, I'm not sure if it lives up to the hype, but I had a few LOL moments.

The writing is fresh & acting is good, so I'll keep watching.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-27-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I Love Earl!"
I rarely (if ever), watch sit coms, but I tuned in to this one because of Jason Lee. I loved it and am recommending to all my friends! This was a breath of fresh air, and I agree with the other poster - with 200 things he has to make amends for - this has a long shelf life! Can't wait until tonite!

Oh Oh - just remembered that the Amazing Race airs tonite as well.....

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-27-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I Love Earl!"
Loved it!! Jason Lee is hilarious & can't wait to see what amends he makes week after week. Goldmine.

Taped it last week & will again tape again this week & into the future -- it has the unfortunate slot of being opposite my fave reality shows -- last week RockStar & now opposite TAR.

I had given up on sitcoms, but have been pleasantly surprised with 3 great new shows this year -- Kitchen Confidential, My Name is Earl & Everybody Hates Chris.

Also, the premier of Joey was hilarious last week, I was actually laughing. He has a new friend who is breathing some life into the sitcom. Love all the characters on Joey, except for his landlord/lawyer -- she is so blah.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I Love Earl!"
DH and I were tivoing it last week but we had a heckuva thunderstorm that knocked out our satellite signal for over an hour so it only tivoed the first five minutes. *sigh* We'll try again tonight.

Luna's Eclipses

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-27-05, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I Love Earl!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-05 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I've been checking on here to see if anybody else was watching.
Glad to see that there are other fans out there.

I laughed out loud a lot and I haven't done that during a sitcom in a long time! I'm really glad that we taped last week's episode(Had to watch HOUSE)because it's one that I'll love re-watching.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I Love Earl!"
Me! I love this show! I'm having to tape it so I can watch it and TAR, but that's OK. I thought the brother's character might get old, but he was toned down this week, so good stuff.

I like the way he still thinks like a criminal while trying to do good.

Dubbed "Gong Show Reject" by zombiebaby 09/14/05

dearone 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-10-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dearone Click to send private message to dearone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I Love Earl!"
I love Earl too, I thought it looked interesting, but was totally surprised how much I liked it, now I'm hooked.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I Love Earl!"
We're watching the episode where he stops smoking right now. Hubby hadn't seen it yet, and I'm enjoying it for the second time.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I Love Earl!"
I finally caught up with the last two episodes. I really liked the pilot and the next two lived up to its promise. This show is so endearing. The relationship between Earl and his brother is terrific! When Earl asks Randy if he regrets not knowing what getting a touchdown is like and Randy replies "like seeing the smile on your face", I got a little misty eyed. I found myself smiling as I thought of the show and I realized that it's kind of like a modern day Don Quixote. Randy is Earl's Sancho Panza and Catalina's Dulcinea since Randy only has her because he called "Dibs". Of course, Earl is making his quest to atone for his wrongs a possible dream since he gave back the years the mother (who must be the busiest working actress in her age group) lost while her son was in jail. I also love that we're seeing recurring characters even after they've forgiven Earl. It's a small town and that makes sense. My husband hadn't seen the pilot with me when it first aired, so we watched all three together. It's definitely one of the most original shows in quite a while.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-19-05, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I Love Earl!"
As Joy said in the episode where Earl makes fun of foreigners' languages, "I don't care if she's Vietnamese, Chinese, or Chuck E Cheese....". LMAO!!!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I Love Earl!"
*snorfle*

Just watched our DVR last night and could not stop laughing. Joy gets so many priceless lines. When she told the cop that she wasn't sure if that girl was speaking a real language but was lying if she was, I was howling.

And I'm glad that Ralph didn't get caught, because Giovanni Ribisi was absolutely hysterical and I want him to come back. Even if he did pull the old shower/flush the toilet torture on poor Randy.

Jason.Lee.rocks.

| |

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I Love Earl!"
This is a great show. I love the heart-warming aspect as well as the fact that it is funny without being slapstick or crass. The characters for this show are GREAT - I love the crab-man, Joy (the irony in that name is awesome), Randy and of course the very likeable rascal, Earl.

This show is great, glad to see it is also a hit.

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I Love Earl!"
Glad to see everyone agrees with me. Earl is a bonafide hit.

Hit-n-Run siggies by Tribephyl, 2005

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-01-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "GEEZ!"
Here we go again. Networks changing things up again. When they do this, it'll lose against CSI & Alias (my city's prime time is bumped up an hour early). It's bad enough that I've got my dual tuner Tivo PLUS the VCR. I found this on: http://popwatch.ew.com/

Your Thursday nights are about to get more hectic
If you're anything like me, two DVRs just aren't enough to fit all your favorite Thursday-night shows. (My loyalty to Survivor and Alias, for example, forces me to miss Everybody Hates Chris and The O.C.). The bad news is: Come January, we all might have even tougher choices to make, as Reuters is reporting that Fox's American Idol results show and NBC's hit freshman sitcom My Name Is Earl (starring Jason Lee, near left, with guest star Kathryn Joosten) may enter the evening's competitive fray. While I can understand the networks' reasoning -- Fox would rather pit Simon, Paula, and Randy against NBC's fading Apprentice franchise than ABC's blockbuster Lost, while NBC is seeking to reclaim its ''must-see'' Thursday status -- why doesn't anybody consider putting one of these goodies on, say, Saturday, that dreaded evening every week when I'm forced to actually leave the house or read a book to enjoy myself? Sheesh

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-13-05, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: GEEZ!"
I think this show is great! There is an Earl marathon tonight and even though I saw the episodes already, I am actually enjoying them again.

Randy's pontificating astounds me -- and causes me anxiety since I worry that I sound like him at times...I know I am longwinded at times but hope to hell I am not so redundant. I hate that whenever I see something I find annoying I immediately wonder if I do anything remotely as annoying as that. Too much introspection is dangerous!

Jason Lee is also guest hosting SNL tonight so that should be fun! He has the BEST eyebrows!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I am still Loving Earl!"
Anyone still watching?

Last night's episode with Christine Taylor (Ben Stiller's wife) was pretty funny. And when Earl was showing the effects of the bee stings I thought I would die of laughing. best.lips.ever!

And the bus repeatedly driving past the four people gave me a giggle.

I think this is my favourite sitcom these days.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I am still Loving Earl!"
I caught it bro! I've only seen a few eps but it is pretty funny. The reaction to the bee stings reminded me of the movie Hitch when Will Smith has an alergic reaction to something in his food. Too funny. That lip looked like it was ready to explode.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I am still Loving Earl!"
Yep - still watching - still loving it! Had to tape last nite's episode but usually tune in faithfully - Joy always has me ROFLMAO!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Joy "
Jaime Pressly (yum) is too funny in her role. Last night her part was small, but when she said that she had her speeding ticket reduced to $20 because she "brushed against the cop's knobby" we had quite a chuckle. She delivered the line so "matter of factly" that it almost wasn't even a below the belt reference.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •