The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rescue Me!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-14-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rescue Me!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-05 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

I just discovered this phenomenal show on DVD this week. Just in time too, as Season 2 starts on June 21st. I have discussed with DH that this is not only the best show on TV...but this is the best show that I have ever seen in my life. The acting is incredible and moving; the writing is witty and riveting. Do yourself a favor and watch Season 1 (12 episodes).

I am utterly impressed with the programming on Fx. I am female in the appropriate age bracket (18-34), and Nip/Tuck, The Shield and Rescue Me are far superior to anything else I've ever seen.

Enjoy ~ and long live Denis Leary

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rescue Me! woeisme1 06-14-05 1
 Am I really the only one watching? Hoobie 06-22-05 2
 RE: Rescue Me! Bebo 06-22-05 3
 RE: Rescue Me! flipxcyd 09-25-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-14-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rescue Me!"
Being a Dennis Leary fan myself I had to watch this when it started and really have been enjoying it. I love the Shield too and it is almost over for the season already

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

remember to say only things that, if it were the last words another person were to hear, would not have caused harm

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-22-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Am I really the only one watching?"
Last night's show was a bit slow - but clearly setting up the rest of the season, which looks phenomenal. I was so moved when Tommy was watching home videos - wow...really deep stuff.

Do try to catch it, it's worth your time!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-22-05, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rescue Me!"
Denis Leary has really impressed me as an actor. Loved him in The Thomas Crown Affair. I haven't gotten as hooked on Rescue Me as Mr. Bebo is, but I certainly appreciate that it's a cut above most of the shows on TV.

And I got major brownie points last night. Hubby is sick and forgot that the show was premiering...only to discover that I had already set the DVR to record the entire season. He was quite pleased.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-25-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rescue Me!"
Hey, I love this show. I had no interest in the first season because Denis Leary was the lead in the series. Then off chance, I saw the first episode of the 2nd season, and I was hooked! Denis Leary has grown on me.

There was this one episode involving his half-brother (the priest) who molested some kids. I totally remember the episode because Snow Patrol's song, "Run" was being played. I was sad because he found out his half-brother was really molesting the kids and then he took that prescription drug that made him feel all better again.

The second to the last episode where his son was killed by a drunk driver; how he himself was abusing alcohol. The irony of it all.

Loved the finale too. I can't wait for Season 3 to come out.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •