The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Peter jennings The Reporter"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

universityofkentuckyrocks 2572 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-10-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Peter jennings The Reporter"
Anybody catch the documentry they did on Peter Jennings. It was very moving. You heard from his colleagues and correspondants. It was very interesting. They telked about every situation he reported in. Anybody else watch.

UL will always suck in my book!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Peter jennings The Reporter Fox41 08-11-05 1
   RE: Peter jennings The Reporter photokitty 09-23-05 9
 RE: Peter jennings The Reporter jkokoj 08-11-05 2
   RE: Peter jennings The Reporter universityofkentuckyrocks 08-11-05 3
 RE: Peter jennings The Reporter Bebo 08-11-05 4
   RE: Peter jennings The Reporter universityofkentuckyrocks 08-13-05 5
   RE: Peter jennings The Reporter 2centswurth 08-16-05 6
 RE: Peter jennings The Reporter photokitty 08-22-05 7
   RE: Peter jennings The Reporter DonnaLynn 08-27-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-11-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-05 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

I didn't watch it. It was on for two hours, right? That's a little long. I have a problem with giving people tons of praise AFTER their dead. I don't understand that.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

He was not devoid of praise in his lifetime.

Praising him after his death must make his family feel good to see how people felt about him. His friends, colleagues & viewers are grieving and this helps them, too.

I watched him nearly every night until he left, and fully expected him to recover. I cried when he died.

It's not about the dead guy. It's about the living he left behind.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-11-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
Hubby and I watched and we remembered quite a bit. I guess I never really gave Mr. Jennings much credit. It seems he did take a lot of chances during his career and helped bring about change.

It is amazing how you come to identify with news anchors that have been around as long as he, Brokaw, Rather and Cronkite. I like Brokaw the best but after watching last night it made me think a little differently about some of this world news anchors.

my syren special!

08-11-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
I'm a teen but I watch the news pretty much every night and grew up watching Jennings since i was little since my Dad watches ABC News. I liked Brokaws reporting as well.

UL will always suck in my book!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
On CBS, Bob Schieffer was interviewing Dan Rather to get his thoughts on Peter Jennings. I almost choked when Bob made a comment on how the thing he most respected about Jennings was how he made sure he got the story right before going on the air. Talk about a backhanded slam - wonder if Dan was ticked.

08-13-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
Oh I would of loved to see that, I don't SeeBS News b/c the local news is sh!t.

ULwill always suck in my book

2centswurth 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-16-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 2centswurth Click to send private message to 2centswurth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
I thought Dan made that remark?

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
Yeah, I watched it, and I taped it, so I can watch it again.

I was stunned to hear he died--I fully expected him to be back as an anchor. Just that week, I had been wondering about how was he doing...

Excellent show of his old clips and people's comments about him. He was the one I watched regularly, and I'll miss him.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-27-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Peter jennings The Reporter"
I grew up watching Peter Jennings on ABS News and everytime there was something major that all the networks were covering, I tuned into ABC because I thought he was the best. I remember him covering the Challenger explosion, Princess Di's Funeral, Ronald Reagun's funeral, the Columbia Disaster, 9/11, etc.

I was so shocked to hear that he had died. So sad. I remember thinking after the other anchors from NBC and CBS left I wondered how long Jennings would stay at ABC, but never would have imagined it would have been so soon that he'd leave, and not in a way anyone would have liked.

I am not the biggest newshound in the world and very rarely watch the evening news, but whenever a big story broke, I only trusted Peter to give me the info I needed. I don't see how ABC can possibly fill that void. Very very sad.

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •