The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Fall Shows"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-06-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Fall Shows"
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-05 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

What new fall shows are you looking forward to? There seem to be some promising shows this fall.

I'm looking forward to:

Everybody Hates Chris
How I Met Your Mother
Kitchen Confidential
My Name Is Earl
Reunion (getting my trashy tv fix)

I've wanted to watch Prison Break, but haven't tuned in.

My returning faves are Lost, Survivor, TAR (although the family edition is a complete turn-off for me), King of Queens, The Apprentice. SVU & The Office. I may sit with Nolay & actually watch all of 24 this season, too.

Now, I'm sure most of them will conflict. They'll always do.

ETA a nice schedule from tv guide:
http://online.tvguide.com/special/fallpreview2005/fallschedule.asp

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Fall Shows StarryLuna 09-06-05 1
 RE: New Fall Shows sittem 09-06-05 2
   RE: New Fall Shows weltek 09-07-05 4
       RE: New Fall Shows sittem 09-07-05 9
 RE: New Fall Shows universityofkentuckyrocks 09-06-05 3
   RE: New Fall Shows weltek 09-07-05 5
       RE: New Fall Shows universityofkentuckyrocks 09-07-05 8
 RE: New Fall Shows LadyT 09-07-05 6
   RE: New Fall Shows sittem 09-07-05 10
   RE: New Fall Shows volsfan 09-07-05 11
 RE: New Fall Shows zombiebaby 09-07-05 7
   RE: New Fall Shows bullzeye 09-08-05 17
       RE: New Fall Shows Bebo 09-09-05 18
 RE: New Fall Shows Bebo 09-08-05 12
   RE: New Fall Shows flipxcyd 09-14-05 22
   RE: New Fall Shows photokitty 09-23-05 25
 RE: New Fall Shows Fox41 09-08-05 13
 Hate, hate, hate... Estee 09-08-05 14
   RE: Hate, hate, hate... bystander 09-08-05 15
 RE: New Fall Shows ARnutz 09-08-05 16
 Equal Opportunity Viewing CattyChat 09-09-05 19
   RE: Equal Opportunity Viewing flipxcyd 09-21-05 24
 RE: New Fall Shows Efjendar 09-12-05 20
 Thoughts so far weltek 09-13-05 21
   House Breezy 09-15-05 23
 RE: New Fall Shows flipxcyd 09-24-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-06-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Fall Shows"
New ones I'll be checking out:

Reunion (this is the one I'm most interested in)
The War at Home (looks funny)
Commander-in-Chief
My Name is Earl (of course these last 2 conflict with TAR so the Tivo will be working overtime.)

Returning must-sees:
Amazing Race
Survivor
CSI
Family Guy
Desperate Housewives

Also, I see ABC is moving Wife Swap to Mondays at 8:00, so I might actually watch a little more of this. It was hard to catch last year since it came on at 10:00.

Luna's Eclipses

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-06-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Fall Shows"
In order of imporantance:

1. All the Packer games I can get in Chicago - should be 12-13 again this year and this is probably the last year they'll have this many as they fall from prominence.
2. TAR
3. Prison Break
4. 24 (assuming PB is over by then. If not I'll have to make a choice).
5. Survivor

I can't/won't watch more than one show an evening - mostly I tape them and watch after the fam is gone to bed as the kids watch NOTHING in the evening. The only thing I watch live is Monday Night Football as I can't watch it after it's over. I watch most Packer games on tape delay also.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

09-07-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Fall Shows"
How could I forget to add the Packer games!? I'll pretend high five you everytime they score.

09-07-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Sounds good. I'm afraid they'll need to do a lot of scoring in order to win games unless Bates has got something up his sleeve with the defense. Even though it looks like they don't have much going, I'm not sure it can be worse than last year.

I think I'll make my way up to the homeland this weekend, though I'll probably tape the game at home to watch - if I stay until it's over up there I won't get home until close to midnight.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2572 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-06-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Fall Shows"
1. TAR
2. The Apprentice
3. Wife Swap/Trading Spouses
4. (New) Marthas Apprentice
5. Nanny 911

UL will always suck in my book

09-07-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
5. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I so didn't expect you to be a Nanny 911 fan. I like it, too.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2572 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-07-05, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I so didn't expect you to be a Nanny 911 fan. I like it, too.

I love to laugh, its all about common sense. I just think its a funny show b/c even though I'm a teen, I know some of the basics. These peeps have no clue what there doing. Two of my friends think its funny too.

I'm surpised nobodys noticed, I didn't put Survivor on it. I can't watch it, I usually watch the opener and the finale but nothing in between.

UL will always suck in my book

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Reunion looks to me like the best new show this season with a close second being Prison Break. I actually think I am going to give up Survivor, butI say that every year. Desperate Housewives is a must see. Alias would be, but see my thread below.

TishyTime

09-07-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I'm thinking of giving up S also. I just need the courage to do it, though that shouldn't be hard as there's no one I know irl that watches it.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Fall Shows"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-05 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

I am going spoiler free for Survivor this season. I want to see if they can surprise me and make it enjoyable! Let's see.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Invasion. That is the show on after Lost. Seems to have a lot of potential.

Threshold looks good to.

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I read recently that the director/producer of Invasion is none other than Shawn Cassidy - yes of Hardy Boy's/Teen Throb fame. Apparently he is quite an accomplished director/producer...who knew? Obviously not me...

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: New Fall Shows"
This isn't his first creepy-looking show - he's also produced "American Gothic".

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I am so frustrated this season. Most time slots, I don't care about any of the shows, but then there are the ones with so many crammed into them that I can't figure out which to watch. And since my DVR only tapes two at a time, I have to limit options.

Tuesday at 9pm:
- Commander in Chief: Donald Sutherland looks like he has an awesome character to sink his teeth into - I want to see what he'll do with it.
- My Name Is Earl: This looks so damn funny.
- House: Only saw a few episodes last season because of its time slot, and it looks like I'll have to sacrifice it again.
- TAR: How can I write TSI's if I don't watch TAR?

Thursday at 8pm:
- Survivor: I'm conditioned to watch this show.
- Alias: I have to find out who not-Michael-Vaughn is, so I have to watch until I have an answer to that. But then I can sulk off crying.
- Everybody Hates Chris: He's a funny, funny man who could have a funny, funny show based on his life. It's different enough from the other stuff in my typical lineup that I want to give it a try.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-14-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: New Fall Shows"
I wholeheartedly have to agree with you on this. On Thursday nights, my Tivo will be working overtime! Over here in Sacramento, CBS runs on a 7-10pm schedule.

At 7pm, it's just Survivor.
At 8pm, it's CSI Las Vegas, The OC, & Alias (ugh!). I've decided to Tivo CSI and Alias and then VCR OC on my other receiver. I just wish ABC kept Alias with Lost.

On Monday nights in the 9pm slot, I've got CSI Miami, Las Vegas (not a CSI show), & Ultimate Fighter 2. Fortunately, UF2 repeats. I have to resort to watching UF2 on Sunday nights (almost a week later).

I set my Tivo more importance on network TV shows rather than the other channels (e.g., FX, USA, etc) because network TV doesn't repeat. Hence the reason I watch UF2 on Sundays now.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: New Fall Shows"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 09:16 PM (EST)

>- Commander in Chief: Donald Sutherland
>looks like he has an
>awesome character to sink his
>teeth into - I want
>to see what he'll do
>with it.

YES! When I see the promos for it, and his character says, "I want you to resign," I'm really wanting the Vice President to scoff and say, "No! YOU resign!" I couldn't understand why she would keep him around, until I realized he was Speaker Of The House and she had no choice in the matter.

>- TAR: How can I write
>TSI's if I don't watch
>TAR?

I love TAR, but I'm not excited to see it this season, ever since I heard it was families of four AND the travel is limited to North America. I'll still tune in for the first one, to see if I like it, but the world travel was a HUGE draw for me. Of course, there's still Phil.

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Fall Shows"

** I'm looking forward to:

Reunion
Everybody Hates Chris

** My returning favorites are:

Wife Swap
Bridezillas
Trading Spouces
The Biggest Loser
America's Next Top Model

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Hate, hate, hate..."
The War At Home: 'FOX: Because Loudmouthed Idiots Need A Protected Nature Conservatory Too.'

Kitchen Confidential: And never, ever watch a show on Mondays, because that's when they dump all the bad stuff...

How I Met Your Mother: How We Got Canceled In Less Than Six Weeks.

Just Legal: Just die.

Out Of Practice: Yes, Mr. Winkler, you certainly are. And now you're out of a job.

Prison Break: Disbelief Nonsuspended.

Surface: Drowned in a sea of Lost imitators.

Commander In Chief: Impeached.

My Name Is Earl: Your ratings are crap.

Bones: CSI: No Hope.

Close To Home: Far From #1.

Sex, Love, & Secrets: UPN, dumb, & doomed.

Supernatural: Superdeplorable.

The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. You mean her ten-year training period in making license plates starts this fall?

Invasion: Evaded.

Related: Gawd, I hope not.

Criminal Minds: We've got enough political coverage already, thank you.

E-Ring: I thought they kicked you out of the Army for wearing that sort of thing.

Freddie: No street creddy.

Head Cases: Shrunk out of sight.

Everybody Hates Chris: Wow! I just agreed with everybody!

Reunion: It's an imperfect plot. Only one of them dies.

Night Stalker: 'My parents wanted to re-invent an old show for a new era and all I got was this stinking knock-off.'

Love, Inc: Stupid, Incorporated.

Ghost Whisperer: Softer. I can still hear you.

Twins: Not even with DeVito and Ahnold.

Hot Properties: Finally, a show about the cast's wardrobe.

Inconceivable: You said it, I didn't.

Killer Instinct: No thanks. Already got one.

Three Wishes: I wish Amy Grant was off the air... did it work?

Threshold: Yes, this is just about the threshold point where the Lost bandwagon should start to self-destruct...

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Hate, hate, hate..."
Night Stalker: 'My parents wanted to re-invent an old show for a new era and all I got was this stinking knock-off.'

I don't care what you say I'm still watching it.

Unless it sux after the 1st episode.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Everybody hates Chris??? ~ Is that like, the anti-Everybody Loves Raymond???

OK, I've been to all of the big 3 networks websites and I can honestly say that I won't be watching most of what is coming out this Fall. I just don't have the energy for it.

What I will be watching:

1. TAR!!! ~ of course!!! they could put 10 teams of Jonathan's on there and I would still watch.
2. The Apprentice ~ I want to see these "hand-picked by The Donald himself" folks!
3. The Apprentice, Martha Stewart ~ Mostly, I want to see how she can make it different from Trump's.
4. ER ~ still love this show after all these years.
5. The Sopranos (I have no idea when that will start, maybe it'll be on by January.

...and that's about it!

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-09-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Equal Opportunity Viewing"
I'm willing to give many shows a shot, especially if they look as though they may be funny or mysterious -- no more political stuff for me, I get enough of serious on the news -- I'm looking for escape --

NBC
My Name Is Earl -- I've always found Jason Lee a hoot & I hope it's good.
The Office -- I actually enjoyed it last season & also find Steve Carrol a RIOT

Also perennial faves Joey, Will&Grace, ER, L&O-SVU

Apprentices -- My dilemma LOVE Burnett -- HATE Trump & Martha. Trump's series getting old, but I'll try it one more season & hope the candidates peak my interest. Still debating whether to look at Martha *shuddering.*

I'm ticked at NBC for pushing back one of my FAVE shows -- SCRUBS to mid-season -- WTH?? None of the other new shows intrigue me enough to waste my VCR's time.

ABC
Night Stalker -- Have to check this out. I barely remember really liking the original when I was a really little girl. Don't remember much though.

My new perennial ABC faves --
Desperate Housewives -- Can't believe this show sucked me in, but LOVE IT!!

Lost -- My fave show on TV right now. Just got my season one DVDs & will re-watch the season & all the extras. Great eye candy on this show (oh, plus the intrigue & suspense)

Boston Legal -- Just because of James Spader. He's a naughty, naughty boy -- LOVE him.

If I'm bored I might watch that insipid Bachelor to see who's making fools of themselves this season.

CBS
Again, nothing new that interests me. But I can't wait for --
TAR -- My new reality obsession.
Survivor -- My original reality obsession forever & always.
CSI -- The only CSI for my taste -- great cast & storylines. The best!!

FOX
Kitchen Confidential -- Hoping it's as funny as it looks.

Head Cases -- Looking forward to this new show the most. Always loved Chris O'Donnell, superb actor. Adam Goldberg has cracked me up in anything I've seen him in, especially loved him as Chandler's psychotic roommate. Big hopes for this one & hope I'm not disappointed.

Reunion -- Taped it last night & willing to watch & give it a shot. As an '88 grad, I'm curious to see what's up with these people 20 years later.

Also, will be watching perennial faves Arrested Dev. & Simpsons

UPN
Everybody Hates Chris -- I LOVE Chris Rock, so this has got to be good, right??

WB
Supernatural -- I've seen really good reviews of this one, so I'll be checking it out.

BRAVO
Hidden Howie -- I'll give it a shot.

Perennial Faves -- Queer Eye, Celeb Poker Showdown & Project Runway - Can't wait for the next season.

New faves -- Kathy Griffin's D-List & Any show that humiliates reality t.v. DAWs

Way too much TV for my taste, but it'll be pared down fast, I'm sure, with cancellations or just bad TV & some of the shows, I only watch when nothing else to do (not MUST see, but enjoyable at times of leisure.)

09-21-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Equal Opportunity Viewing"
So far, I liked My Name is Earl & Kitchen Confidential.

I still haven't viewed the Tivo'd programs for Bones, Threshold, & Crossing Jordan yet. If I don't get to these by the next episode, I decided that I just have too much on my plate. I will have to sacrifice. I simply cannot vegetate all week watching TV. LOL

Ok, here's my dilemma for Thursday nights. Being that prime time here in Sacramento starts at 7pm, I've got 4 shows I want to see in the 8pm slot. That's CSI, Alias, The OC, and Everybody Hates Chris. Well, CSI & Alias will be Tivo'd. The OC will be VCR'd on another TV. I really want to view EHC. What to do....what....to....do.

Ahh! This really bites.

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New Fall Shows"
1. TAR

Thanks for the link to the shows. Now, I know what to avoid. I'm unimpressed with the new shows. Several new shows on CBS are reincarnations of X-Files or CSI or Law & Order ...been there, watched that. There aren't even any good trashy ones to watch.

What is a DAW? <------clicky
A Seana exclusive siggie

09-13-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
21. "Thoughts so far"
Reunion sucked in the first episode, but it was kind of a backgrounder, so I'll give it another shot.

The War at Home: I'm so disappointed. I was expecting better, as I really like Michael Rappaport.

Prison Break: I agree with what others have said. It has the makings of a good show, but it's really hard to follow & keep track of the characters.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "House"
The premiere was funny. I like him. Alot.

09-24-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
26. "RE: New Fall Shows"
Just finished up watching the backlog of new shows.

E-Ring: I liked this show. The last 10 minutes of the show had me on the edge of my seat hoping the agent didn't get caught. Of course, it's only the pilot episode, so I'm keeping my eye on it.

Bones: I was sort of hesitant because David Boreanaz (sp?) was in it. I like the veiled chemistry between him and "Bones". It's like all the other CSI type shows. I'll just have to watch a few more episodes to keep me interested.

I can't wait for TAR and Alias to begin.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •